Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k
3 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 16th November 2010 09:48
Practically all the thousands of famous hadith scholars (muhaddithun) and jurists (fuqaha) of the Muslim Ummah for the last one thousand years followed one of the four imams, finding themselves compelled to submit to their breathtaking intellectual rigour and insight. This is a fact attested to by the most authoritative books of hadith criticism and Islamic history, such as Imam Dhahabi (rahmatullahi alaih)'s Siyar A'lam al-Nubala and the various oter biographical compilations (tabaqat and kutab al-rijal). It is startling to find giants in Islamic scholarship, such as Imams Ibn Hajar, Dhahabi, Tahawi, Razi, Jassa, Nawawi, (rahmatullahi alaihim), and the list goes on enedlessly, all adhering to one of the four schools.

Clearly, this is also a great testimony of the true humility and fear of Allah Ta'ala these tremendous men possessed, that despite their own towering statuses as hadeeth scholars and jurists, they were ready to admit that others had greater knowledge than themselves and thus they followed them. Just as this speaks volumes about them and their real humility, it also reveals an alarming danger for a sincere Muslim concerning his own condition. Namely, if it was a mark of humility that compelled them to choose one of the Imams to follow, then surely rejecting taqleed of the imams may possibly indicate the pride lurking within a person. For despite being hindered by a myriad of deficiencies, such as not being able to understand Arabic and having little or no appreciation of the Islamic sciences, what could possibly lead a person to believe that he was above practising taqleed?

Pride is a disease that for the earnest believer cannot be tolerated at any expense, for the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "A person with the extent of a grain of pride in his heart will not enter Paradise." [Sahih Muslim]

[Understanding Taqleed: Following One Of The Four Great Imams]
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Al-Hind
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2020 11:07
I was reading a book and I come across this regarding Taqleed:

I quote from Hakeemul ummah Maulana Thanvi RA:

In my view the tafseer of taqleed is:
“We practice on Ahadeeth and sayings of Rasulullah SAS, as Imam Abu Hanifa RA explained them in his tafseer of these ahadeeth and sayings; because in our view, Imam sahib is placed at very high rank to derive rulings. And no one can deny this; because ummah collectively has accepted Imam sahib’s position as Faqeehul Ummah and his knowledge he possessed are witness for this”.

9829-taqleed ka matlab thanvi RA.jpg
Downloads: 0
    [47.79 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply