Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Non Specific Taqleed (Ghayr Shakhsi) To Specific Taqleed (Shakhsi)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
no members yet
7 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 13th November 2010 00:23
As impiety and following of desires became more common, the scholars became more unequivocal of the obligation of following one school exclusively. The historical facts make this explicitly clear and anyone who contends otherwise is frankly out of touch with the reality and is unaware of the countless illustrious jurists who have stated this view. In short, the fact is that by the end of the second century, and also the end of the best generations, there was a shift in the general attitude of people and personal desires started playing a greater role in the opinions being follow.

The Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) himself had forewarned of this when he said,
"Then falsehood will become widespread." It was as this time that the scholars unanimously agreed that no longer will people be given the option of choosing opinions, rather they must follow one school only, whichever that maybe from the four.

Imam Shah Waliyyullah (rahmatullahi alaih) states,
"After the second century, adherance to specific schools appeared among the Muslims... and this was the obligation at that time." (See Al-Insaf fi Bayan Asbab al-Ikhtilaf, pg.70)

[Understanding Taqleed: Following One Of The Four Great Imams]
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 13th November 2010 20:58
assalaamu 'alaykum
jazakumullah to you brothers for all this info. I prefer short concise articles which are easy to digest...but i need a bit more on this one as i've always been a bit confused.

Where it says "It was at this time that the scholars unanimously agreed", how did this come about?
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 13th November 2010 23:40
ummi taalib wrote:
assalaamu 'alaykum
jazakumullah to you brothers for all this info. I prefer short concise articles which are easy to digest...but i need a bit more on this one as i've always been a bit confused.

Where it says "It was at this time that the scholars unanimously agreed", how did this come about?

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

During the third century, the concept of following one particular Imam emerged. There were very few scholars who did not rely upon the opinion of a single Mujtahid and Imam.

As far as the in-depth details of how it came about, اللهُ أعلم

Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 14th November 2010 00:37

"ummi taalib" wrote:
assalaamu 'alaykum jazakumullah to you brothers for all this info. I prefer short concise articles which are easy to digest...but i need a bit more on this one as i've always been a bit confused. Where it says "It was at this time that the scholars unanimously agreed", how did this come about?

I guess this calls for some historians. As far as the comments are concerned, I believe its a matter of , Sami'na wa ata'na, I heard and I obeyed. It is apparant from the time of the Sahabas that the muslims would agree to the judgement of the senior Sahaba's.

Many of the Fatawa of the Khulafa-e-Rashedeen appear in "Musannif ibn Abi Shaibah" and others. These fatwas were accepted with NO questions asked and NO references provided. It seems that the scholars mentioned were the Sahaba, Tabi'een and so on. Allahu Allum.

If need be, then maybe some of the seniors can shed more light on this matter, for me its a case of Sami'na wa ata'na, we are smaller than juniors and far from being seniors in the matter of Deen. We can only pray toAllah that he keeps us steadfast on the correct path at all times and increase us all in the knowledge of the Deen.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 14th November 2010 11:37
jazakumullah and aameen.
yes alhamdulillah "Sami'naa wa ata'naa " goes for me too...but i've always wondered when i've read this bit exactly when and how it came about and i could not find details in any of the books i have
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 15th November 2010 14:16

"ummi taalib" wrote:
jazakumullah and aameen. yes alhamdulillah "Sami'naa wa ata'naa " goes for me too...but i've always wondered when i've read this bit exactly when and how it came about and i could not find details in any of the books i have

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mohammed/532_05-11-2010/top-40.html

It is apparent from here who these scholars could have been and that the need of having things sorted and noted was done in the time of the Tabi'een, Namely Imam Abu Hanifa and his students. Imam Abu Hanifa was aware of the situation around him and the problems it was causing and the dangers of the fitnas that would arise from all these different opinions. It was the plan of Allah to have everything done in order of need, i.e. The Prophet(SAW), The Quran, The Hadith, The Sahaba, The Imams of Fiqh, The Imams of Hadith, etc.

Although, however, the idea of following one school was also in existance during the times of the Sahaba.

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mohammed/434_08-10-2010/which-imam-did-the-sahaba%27s-follow%3F.html

Allah nkows best the answer to Ummi Taalibs question. It would be good to find out.