UK
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 15:52
طالب wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

Yes but...

Stage 1:

Madhabs have been around for close to 1300 years and this is a common issue and Ulama have not raised any objections on this issue.

So would it be possible for you to do some intro inspection and understand that you are missing something in your arsenal of knowledge. If you are willing to consider the possibility that this issue has been dissected and discussed for over a thousand years by some of the most brilliant minds and answered.

Let me know what is your view on stage 1.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 20:23
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Salaam

Which ulama allow fades?
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 20:42
Conclusion:
It is permissible for one to shave or trim the hair of the head.
It is permissible for ones hair to be of different lengths e.g. number 4 and 7 as long as no impermissible elements are found.
Qaza’ is impermissible (partially shaving ones hair and leaving the rest unshaven. It is impermissible to have hair that are attributed and affiliated with a specific religious group, cult or clique. · It is impermissible for a person to don a certain hairstyle with the intention of imitating a non-Muslim or sinner.
It is impermissible for one to have unusual hair/ hair that make one ‘stand out from the crowd’.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows BestChecked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.
www.daruliftaa.net

www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/23700

Darulfiqh (student of Mufti Ebrahim Desai) twitter:

A Qaza' haircut has been explicitly prohibited by the Prophet ﷺ as narrated in Ibn Majah. Qaza' is to partially shave hair on head.

Trimming hair at different lengths is permissible as long as no tashabbuh (resemblance) with sinners & no Qaza' (partially shaving).

Ibn al-Qayyim رضي الله عنه describes Qaza' cuts as shaving:
1) middle only & sides with hair
2) sides of head only & not top
3) front of head only

mobile.twitter.com/darulfiqh/status/688318031710281728

Shafi fiqh:

islamqa.org/shafii/qibla-shafii/33654

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 20:59
As far as the other hair styles, where some hair is cut short and the other remains long, is concerned, many contemporary scholars have included them also in the above category in that it will not be permissible. This, however, will be based (merely) on the prohibition of imitating the Kuffar, and not the prohibition of Qaz’a mentioned in the Hadith, for that exclusively relates to the situation where some part of the head is shaved and the other left unshaven.

Styles such as short back & sides, step (without shaving part of the head), curtains, etc will be impermissible if practiced with the intention of imitating the Kuffar (which is generally the case).

In conclusion, contemporary scholars hold two kinds of positions in this issue. Some are stricter, in that they prohibit such hair cuts given the aspect of imitating the Kuffar. Others are lenient in the matter given that these hair cuts have become widespread and are not unique characteristics of the Kuffar, although hair cuts that entail shaving some part of the head and leaving the other unshaved will be disliked, for that is clearly mentioned in the Hadith.

daruliftaa.com/miscellaneous/ruling-on-prevalent-hairstyles/
Rank Image
London
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 20:59
Concerned wrote:
View original post

These are not fades. These are short back and sides.

Qaza is closer to fades in my opinion.

Short back and sides with 4 on the sides and 7 on the top is not really a fade, but it is blended in.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 21:07
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Ok if fades result in shaving then that would be another discussion. But yes we were made to feel guilty about haircuts in which "hair isn't at equal lengths". No one really listend to the Molwi sahibs when going for haircut anyway lol.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 21:15
What does shaven mean in this context? Shaved right down to the skin with a blade? In that case would a hair partially cut with a number 1 be allowed?
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 21:19
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

I guess it would depend on which Alim you ask and which madhab and whether it is even haram or slightly disliked etc etc.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 21:27
Obviously this is a question for ulama, but something to think about.

Is using a number 1 that almost resembles a shave allowed?

How about a number 0 which is almost a shave?

How about a number 0 for the beard for madhabs that allow over trimming the beard?

Or is it the case where in the time of Rasoolullah (saw) electric clippers didnt exist so only shaving was prohibited, but the point was not to trim to the extent that it looks shaved?
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 21:39
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Clippers may not have existed, but scissors and comb can still give a close enough look.

Just like how people trimmed their mustaches :)
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 22:16
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

That's true.
Rank Image
Al-Hind
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2020 10:11
This I would like to add to reply to OP.

In your discussion you are saying, one madhab says sinful other madhab says lawful.

We believe that the mujtahid of one madhab is declaring something sinful based on authentic daleel. Other mujtahid is declaring lawful based on his daleel.

Now if I reject a mujtahid's opinion I am rejecting his daleel. The daleel is from Quran and sunnah. Or it is qiyas or ijma.

So let us use our energies on better things.
Silence is best here. Continue to practice on the madhab we are following.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2020 19:41
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

(salam)
جزاك الله خيرا

If you could share some of the discussed works on this topic specifically from past scholars, that would be much appreciated.
I have read through the commonly available English books on the general topic of madhhab such as Legal Status Of Following A Madhab by Mufti Taqi Usmani, and The Differences of the Imams by Sheikh Zakariya Kandhlawi رحمة الله عليه, and as far as I remember they do not specifically cover the question in the original post.

جزاك الله خيرا
(salam)
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2020 20:30
طالب wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

There are thousands of books and works on this topic over 1300 years so use Google or consult Ulama of your choice if you want to read it again and again.

I have asked a simple question about "Stage 1" and you need to ask yourself that question and if you want me to assist I can go to next stages. There is no point in going further as this isn't a knowledge issue, it is a perception issue.

Plenty of users like "concerned" will post random XYZ and plenty of others will post more books on Taqleed and none of this will resolve your confusion.

This isn't an issue to intellectually resolve, it cannot be done. Sunniforum and IslamicAwakening had two opposite views and both went at each other with hammers and both forums are gone.

You need to sit down with someone whom you trust and try to grasp it once you are past Stage 1.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2020 22:36
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

InshaAllaah I will speak to few scholars about this soon.
Is there any book that you can personally recommend?
If you are not comfortable sharing it here, then you can PM me as well.