Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Lessons from Lives of the Pious

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Seifeddine-M, Yasin, 2ak, abu mohammed, Taalibah, Naqshband66, User Invalidum, dr76, habeeba, ibn Ismail, Jinn, abuzayd2k
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2013 19:36
Fear Harassing the Friends of Allah Ta`ala

A group of shias intended playing a prank on a buzurg. One of them pretended to be dead and was placed on a bier. The buzurg was then requested to perform the janaazah salaah.
It was planned that after the second or third takbeer this person will spring out and jump onto the buzurg.
The buzurg asked them to give ghusl to the dead person. They replied, "We have already given him a ghusl." He told them, "That ghusl is not valid. Repeat the ghusl."
Hence, they moved the bier away and took it back to their place. Upon opening the bier they found that he had indeed died.
It was for this reason that the buzurg had ordered them to repeat the ghusl because the ghusl that is done whilst alive is not valid. The ghusl has to be given after death.
NOTE: These people had intended playing a prank on the buzurg and Allah Ta`ala had taken revenge on behalf of the buzurg. One should always fear harassing and harming the pious because even their actions that seem to be mistakes are actually correct. It appears in a hadeeth-e-qudsi: "I declare war against those who harm My friends." (Bukhaari) (Malfoozaat of Mufti Mahmood Hasan Gangohi , vol. 1, p. 423)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2013 19:39
Adherence to the Sunnat

Shaikh-ul-Hind Moulana Mahmood Hasan (Rahmatullahi Alayh) is the khaleefah of Moulana Rasheed Ahmad Gangohi (Rahmatullahi Alayh). He was the head ustaad of Darul Uloom Deoband. He spent his whole life teaching Hadeeth Shareef. He made an appearance in the political arena to liberate India. He was apprehended and imprisoned in Malta for many years. He was harshly tortured but he remained firm and steadfast. The torture left scars on his chest and sides. When he returned from Malta, the news spread about how he spent his time in jail. When he would get up for Tahajjud in very cold conditions, he would make wudhu with water from a lota (jug) which Moulana Husain Ahmad Madani (Rahmatullahi Alayh) had kept against his stomach (for hours) so that the coldness of the freezing water could be reduced. (Moulana Husain Ahmed Sahib was also incarcerated at Malta at that time.)
The English sentries would pierce Hadhrat Shaikh-ul-Hind (Rahmatullahi Alayh) with a special stick, the edge of which was as sharp as a knife on his chest and sides whilst he read Tahajjud Salaah. The officer in charge was also an Englishman. He said, "What in the heavens are you doing? This man is such that if you have to kill and burn him, then from his blood and ashes the words, 'Haq, Haq' would be emitted."
When the day of Jumu'ah arrived, Hadhrat would wash his clothes and make ghusal in preparation of Jumu'ah. Then he would go as far as the gate and find the gate to be locked. He would shed a few tears there and return to his place to perform Zuhr Salaah. Hence, he would do everything within his capacity to prepare for Jumu'ah (and he used to say, "I did what was in my capacity").
(Maslak-e-Ulama-e-Deoband aur Hubbe Rasul [Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam])
+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2013 19:40
Spirit of Qurbani

Shaikhul Hind Hazrat Moulana Mahmood Hasan Deobandi (rahmatullahi `alaih) would tend to his Qurbaani cow for the entire year. He would personally wash and feed the animal. The cow would also become very attached to Hazrat. When he would leave home to teach at Darul Uloom Deoband, it would follow him right to the madrasah gate where it would sit down. When Hazrat would return at noon after lessons, it would follow him back home. When the days of Qurbaani drew near, Hazrat would lessen its normal feed, which was grass and substitute it with bucketfuls of milk and jalebi (sweetmeat). He would also apply mehndi (henna) to it, place flowers on its back and beautify it because Allah Ta'ala commands that one's most beloved wealth should be spent in the path of Allah Ta'ala. Thus, he would begin to love the animal very deeply. After the Eidul Adha Salaah, he would sacrifice it and cry a little as well. Then he would immediately purchase another cow for the following Eid. (Maslak-e-Ulama-e-Deoband aur Hubbe Rasul [sallallahu alaihi wa sallam]).
Hazrat Thanwi (rahmatullahi `alaih) says: Hazrat once kept a cow which he fed the entire year. He would take it to the jungle after Asr and make it run in order to make it healthy. It became so healthy that he received offers of 80 rupees, whereas a healthy cow in those days cost approximately 10 to 15 rupees. But Hazrat did not accept any offer. (Khutubaate Hakimul Ummat, vol. 17, pg. 154).
Since it was his habit to offer a few qurbani every year, he desired to do the same while he was imprisoned at Malta. Though prisoners are not allowed to slaughter, Hazrat nevertheless forwaded the request that an animal must be made available to him and that he should be allowed to slaughter it. Something which comes out from the heart definitely has its effect. Hence, they were affected and sold him a sheep for 7 genies which Hazrat paid very happily. On the 10th of Zul Hijjah, Hazrat offered the qurbani calling out the takbir in a loud voice in that darul kufr where the sunnat of Ibrahim (alaihis salaam) had not been carried out since the fall of the Islamic rule.
(Hayaate Shaikhul Hind- Akaabire Deoband aur `ishke Rasul [sallallahu alaihi wa sallam], pg. 32).
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2013 05:14
Importance of Salat with Jamaat

Moulana Yusuf Ludhyanwi (rahmatullahi alaih) writes: "Once, some people had requested Hadhrat Moulana Yusuf Binnori (rahmatullahi alaih) to come to the opening of their shop after the Jumu`ah Salaah. Hadhrat said to them: "On Fridays I perform Asr Salaah in my musjid. Ensure that my jamaat Salaah is not missed." They assured Hadhrat that they will make arrangements for him to make it for the jamaat. Generally, people are extremely enthusiastic to take (the buzurg to their place) since they only consider their own motives. As far as others are concerned then they are inconsiderate. When Hadhrat returned, the jamaat Salaah was over. Seeing this, Hadhrat began to cry bitterly. I saw Hadhrat crying profusely on that day and he lamented: "We do not possess the reality of Salaah. All we have is the imitation. The correct manner of Salaah is unknown to us. We merely imitate Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam). If this imitation also does not remain, then what else do we have!" (Tuhfat-ul-Madaaris, vol. 1, p. 491)
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2013 05:15
The Importance of Salaah with Jamaat

Qari Ameer Hasan Sahib (daamat barakaathum) once mentioned: "It was the habit of Hadhrat Moulana Qasim Nanotwi (rahmatullahi alaih) that he would make preparations for Salaah one hour in advance. Similarly, when Shah Wasiyyullah (rahmatullahi alaih) used to travel to any place, he would not find out what time is jamaat, rather he would enquire about the time of azaan." (Kalimaat-e-Sidq wa Adl, p. 66)
+3 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2013 05:17
The importance of Salaah with jamaat

Hadhrat Moulana Yaseen Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih), the father of Mufti Muhammad Shafee` Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) used to very greatly emphasise the importance of Salaah with jamaat. In this regard, Hadhrat Mufti Muhammad Rafee` Uthmani (daamat barakaatuhum) writes:
"Salaah with jamaat was from amongst the very outstanding features in his life together with his auraad, ma`moolaat and takbeer-e-ula. Towards the end of his life when he was constantly afflicted with various ailments and illnesses, he would find it difficult to even move about. Despite this, he would be the first person to reach the musjid for jamaat Salaah. During his final illness, in spite of being afflicted with severe bouts of diarrhoea and high fever, he would walk to the musjid with the support of his walking stick. When eventually this became unmanageable he was forced to perform his Salaah at home for about fifty-six days days.
During that period, he once mentioned to his son Mufti Muhammad Shafee` Sahib (rahmtullahi alaih): 'Shafee`! It seems that I will pass away on account of this diarrhoea. However, I am not grieved by this, for the Hadeeth has counted this as a form of shahaadat (martyrdom).'

It was the time of Maghrib on a Thursday night when his condition had seriously deteriorated. It seemed that he was on the throes of death. At that time my respected grandmother addressed my father: 'Don't go to musjid to the perform your Maghrib Salaah. Read your Salaah at home.' This ardent lover of jamaat Salaah in this pitiful state told my father: 'No. Go to the musjid.' Accordingly, my beloved father executed his instruction. The next morning at the time of subh saadiq he awakened my father saying: 'Hurry up. I have to clean myself. My namaaz should not be made qadhaa.' After cleaning him and changing his clothing he said: 'Lift me up so that I could make wudhu.' As my respected father lifted him, he noticed that his limbs were motionless and his eyes were raised to the sky. His condition had suddenly changed. After being made to lie down he felt at ease and in this state he began to engage in zikr, taubah and istighfaar etc. Then all of a sudden he told my grandmother: 'Rasul maqbool sallallahu alaihi wa sallam...' This was all that could be heard clearly. He said a few other words which seemed to be 'tashreef laaye (has come).' The pangs of death had begun. He began reciting the kalimah until his voice subsided, but his tongue was still in motion. Eventually there was total silence and the reality of his constant du`aa materialised:

"O Allah! When the time approaches for my soul to return
Allow my lips to be engaged in reciting La ilaaha illallah"
(Hayaat-e-Mufti A`zam, p. 22)
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2013 05:20

The Importance of Salat with Jamaat Hadhrat Mufti Muhammad Shafee` Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) writes explaining the daily routine of his father Hadhrat Moulana Muhammad Yaseen Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih): After lunch, he would never have his qailulah (siesta) at home. Rather, he would rest in a room adjacent to the musjid so that nothing may become an obstacle in the performance of Zuhr Salaah with jamaat. This was his routine for his entire life. Towards the latter part of his life when he had become exceptionally weak, it became extremely difficult for him to leave the home in the severe heat and hot wind. Thereafter, on the insistence of some close ones he would rest at home. Despite this, he still deemed it necessary to go to the musjid for Zuhr Salaah. Punctuality on jamaat Salaah was a distinctive feature in all the mureeds of Hadhrat Moulana Gangohi(rahmatullahi alaih). My father also placed a lot of emphasis on it according to the teaching of his shaikh. He would not allow his jamaat Salaah to be missed even at the time of heavy rain. When the path to the musjid would be dark and muddy because of the rain at the time of Esha and Fajr, he would go to the musjid holding an umbrella in one hand and a lantern in the other. Once there was a heavy downpour at the time of Fajr. By then I had completed my formal studies and had begun teaching in Darul Uloom Deoband. I did not have the courage to go to the musjid due to the torrential rain. Thus, thinking this to be a valid shar`ee excuse I performed my Salaah at home. However, even in this condition my father went to the musjid. Upon reaching the musjid he found that there was no one else besides the mu’azzin. Hence, both of them performed Salaah with jamaat. When he returned home, he reprimanded me saying: “Masha Allah! You have become an aalim. You are able to quote the ahaadeeth of rukhsat (concession) but, tell me, if the Ulama continue looking for concessions, who will then practise upon azeemat? These masaajid will remain deserted.” (Mere waalid maajid, p. 22) 

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2013 20:06
The Importance of Salah with Jamaat

Hadhrat Qaari Siddeeq Ahmad Baandwi (rahmatullahi alaih) once mentioned regarding his shaikh Hadhrat Moulana Asadullah Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih):
"Hadhrat Naazim Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) seldom travelled, fearing he would miss his Salaah with jamaatand his takbeer-e-ula. Once he had to go to Deoband to visit Hadhrat Qaari Muhammad Tayyib Sahib(rahmatullahi alaih). Prior to the journey he drew up an itinerary for the journey. He first found out the times for the trains. Those trains wherein there was a possibility of missing out Salaah with jamaat were then avoided. It was his habit to travel only on those trains wherein he would not miss his Salaah with jamaat.
Thus we travelled to Deoband in this manner. After meeting with Hadhrat Qaari Muhammad Tayyib Sahib(rahmatullahi alaih) we quickly returned. On our return he was also very careful that no Salaah was missed with takbeer-e-ula." (Hayaat-e-Siddeeq - English, p. 105)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2013 20:29
Importance of Salaat with Jamaat

Explaining the importance that Hadhrat Moulana Khaleel Ahmad Saharanpuri (rahmatullahi alaih) showed to the performance of Salaah with jamaat especially in the Haram Shareef, Mufti Aashiq Ilaahi Meeruthi (rahmatullahi alaih) writes:
"At all times, Salaah with jamaat would be the source of pleasure and joy for Hadhrat Moulana Khaleel Ahmad Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih). One can well imagine what would have been the extent of joy when it came to Salaah in the Haram Shareef.
It would be impossible for any one of Hadhrat's associates to declare that he had witnessed Hadhrat either missing the takbeer-e-ula, the first saff or standing on the right of the imaam. Despite the heat being so intense that by merely placing one's foot on the ground blisters would begin to appear, yet Hadhrat would hurriedly walk to the Haram Shareef so that he may perform his Salaah in the first saff near the imaam.
I remember very clearly that we once experienced torrential rain after Maghrib Salaah. On seeing the heavy downpour, some of the companions began saying that the concession of 'alaa sallu fi rihaalikum' (Perform your Salaah at home i.e. due to the severe rain.) could now be practised. However, no sooner did the sound of the azaan fall on Hadhrat's ears, he turned to me and said: 'Come, let us go for namaaz.'

Despite my spirits being low at that time, I plucked up the courage to accompany Hadhrat. I took a lantern whilst Hadhrat took a container of water. This confounded me, for Hadhrat had already made wudhu. However, Hadhrat then said: 'It is possible that our feet will get soiled with mud. Hence, we shall wash our feet at the entrance of the musjid so as not to soil the Haram Shareef.'
Prior to that, I had not witnessed or seen the state of Makkah with rain and mud. As we stepped on to the road, it seemed as if the ground had caught hold of our feet. With each step, I wished that Hadhrat turns back and practises on the concession. I fully understood that this was unmanageable for Hadhrat, yet he was still walking ahead of me. Each one of us had separate umbrellas whilst I held the lantern in the other hand and Hadhrat had the pitcher of water in his other hand. We walked till the end of the bazaar until we reached the road. We only needed to cross the road to get to the musjid.
As we got to the road we found that a 25 - 30 feet wide river was flowing very strongly. I became afraid of crossing it and was convinced that Hadhrat will decide to return. Contrary to my expectation, Hadhrat said: 'Fold the umbrellas and pull up your trousers (to your knees). Take off your shoes, place them under your arms and we shall hold each other's hands and step into the water. I have heard that these streams carry a lot of stones and there is a fear of falling.'
That wonderful spectacle is till before my eyes; walking barefoot with our trousers folded to our knees, holding each other's hands like a pair of scissors and with the umbrellas hanging on our arms. Hadhrat then recited: 'bismillahi majrehaa' and placed his foot into the fast flowing stream. Since the water was flowing downstream and the path was steep it carried along all sizes of stones and pebbles. They were coming with such force as if one was being struck with bullets. As we walked further, the water reached my knees and I was on the verge of falling. However, Hadhrat held my arms firmly which saved me from falling. With firm reliance on Allah Ta`ala we finally reached Bab-us-Safa. As we got on to the steps Hadhrat rinsed his feet, placed his shoes in the rack and then entered the musjid reciting the masnoon du`aa." (Tazkirat-ul- Khaleel, p. 370/371)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2013 10:13
Respect for his Ustaadh even after his Demise

Hadhrat Moulana Qari Tayyib Sahib (rahimahullah) mentioned that when Shaikh-ul-Hind (rahimahullah) left on the journey wherein he was imprisoned in Malta, he first came to our family home. At that time my dadi (paternal grandmother), the wife of Hadhrat Moulana Qaasim Nanotwi (rahimahullah) was still alive. He placed a chair at the doorstep of the house behind the purdah (curtain) and sat down. He then requested her to pass her shoes over to him. He took them, placed them on his head, and began crying for a long time. Thereafter he said, "I could not fulfil the rights of my Ustaadh, Hadhrat Moulana Qaasim Sahib (rahimahullah) and I am deeply regretful for this." (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 399)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 20th March 2013 21:03
Moulana Madani (rahimahullah)'s Compassion Towards Others

When Hadhrat Moulana Husain Ahmad Madani (rahimahullah) was living in Madinah, he used to cook the food himself. They were five brothers living together. After cooking the food, he would distribute it equally amongst them. Hadhrat's younger brother, Mahmood, would quickly eat his portion and then cry for more. Hadhrat (rahimahullah) would pass his share of food over to him and remain hungry tying a stone to his belly. (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 415)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 4th April 2013 19:32
What do I know about Ittibaa'-e-Sunnah?

Once, two dishes of curries were brought at mealtime to Hadhrat Moulana Madani (rahimahullah). Generally, the curry was presented in a big utensil and everyone would sit around and eat from it. On this occasion, because someone was sick, a separate utensil was sent for him. When Hafiz Husain Sahib saw this, he asked, "Now you have begun eating two different curries at one meal. Is it proven that Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) ate two different types of curries?"Hadhrat Moulana Madani (rahimahullah) did not make mention of the hadeeth in Abu Dawood which speaks of Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) eating two curries in one sitting; rather he replied, "Where can I ever practise upon the sunnah of Rasulullah(sallallahu alaihi wasallam)? I am a slave of my stomach." (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 373-427)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2013 11:49

"Abu Taalib Deobandi" wrote:
What do I know about Ittibaa’-e-Sunnah?  Once, two dishes of curries were brought at mealtime to Hadhrat Moulana Madani (rahimahullah). Generally, the curry was presented in a big utensil and everyone would sit around and eat from it. On this occasion, because someone was sick, a separate utensil was sent for him. When Hafiz Husain Sahib saw this, he asked, “Now you have begun eating two different curries at one meal. Is it proven that Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) ate two different types of curries?”Hadhrat Moulana Madani (rahimahullah) did not make mention of the hadeeth in Abu Dawood which speaks of Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) eating two curries in one sitting; rather he replied, “Where can I ever practise upon the sunnah of Rasulullah(sallallahu alaihi wasallam)? I am a slave of my stomach.” (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 373-427)

Masha''Allah.

No post ratings
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2013 14:01
The Day of Jumu`ah

Whilst Hadhrat Shaikh-ul-Hind Moulana Mahmoodul Hasan (rahimahullah) was living in Deoband, on the day of jumu`ah, he used to go to the river to wash his clothes. Thereafter, he would take a bath whilst his clothing dried up. He would then wear the moist clothes and walk towards the musjid at a time when the azaan was about to be called out. As the azaan would be called out, he would hasten his steps in order to practise on the aayah:يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓا۟ إِذَا نُودِىَ لِلصَّلَوٰةِ مِن يَوْمِ ٱلْجُمُعَةِ فَٱسْعَوْا۟ إِلَىٰ ذِكْرِ ٱللَّـهِ وَذَرُوا۟ ٱلْبَيْعَ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ إِن كُنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ ﴿٩﴾(When the azaan is called out for the Jumu`ah Salaah, then hasten towards the zikr of Allah Ta`ala.)

(Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 394)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2013 17:24
Hadhrat Saharanpuri (rahimahullah)'s Contentment

Hadhrat Moulana Khaleel Ahmad Saharanpuri (rahimahullah) would normally wear very clean yet simple clothing. He used to wear a thick trouser and a malmal kurta (thin material). His clothes were immaculately white and a beautiful fragrance emanated from them. Whichever gulley he walked through would be filled with a beautiful scent. His kurta would be white, his trousers were white, his beard was white and his eyebrows were white. He was fair in complexion with streaks of red on his cheeks. The reason for him wearing good clothing was to ensure that people may not think he does not possess anything, which actually would be an expression of complaint against Allah Ta`ala. His ghayrat (self-shame) would not allow him to express his complaints to Allah Ta`ala in the form of his dressing. Someone once mentioned, "When I was studying in Mazaahir-ul-Uloom, I took a utensil and went to Hadhrat's house. After knocking on the door, Hadhrat's brother-in-law opened the door. I asked him to please give me some curry. He replied that there was no curry at home. I then requested him to please give me some of Hadhrat's curry, to which he replied that Hadhrat (rahimahullah) also did not have any curry to eat. I asked him, "What will Hadhrat eat if there is no curry?" He replied, "Presently there is no food at home. Hadhrat and his family are undergoing starvation." Thus I offered to go to the marketplace and purchase some food, but he caught hold of my feet and begged me not to do so for the sake of Allah Ta`ala, otherwise he would be in deep trouble for disclosing the secret of the house. (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol. 2, Pg. 373-374)
+3 -0Like x 1