Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Imams' Praise Of Imam Muhammad Ibn Al-Hasan (rahimahullah)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Abu Taalib Deobandi, Naqshband66, mujaddid313
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2012 11:49
He is Abu 'Abdullah Muhammad ibn al-Hasan ibn Farqad al-Shaybani (رحمه الله). Imam Muhammad (رحمه الله) was born in Wasit in 132 AH, and grew up in Kufa. He was a pupil of Imam Abu Hanifah رحمه الله

All of the below quotes are from the introduction to the Kitab al-Athar of Imam Abu Hanifa رحمه الله

See also: http://www.muftisays.com/forums/the-true-salaf-as-saliheen/6302/the-kitab-al-athar-of-imam-abu-hanifa.html

1) Al-Khatib (رحمه الله) narrated from al-Hasan ibn Muhammad al-Khallal (رحمه الله) from 'Ali ibn 'Amr al-Juhayri (رحمه الله) from 'Ali ibn Muhammad an-Nakha'i (رحمه الله) from Ahmad ibn Hammad ibn Sufyan from al-Muzani (رحمه الله) that Imam ash-Shafi'ee (رحمه الله) said, "In my view the most trustworthy of people with respect to fiqh is Muhammad ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله)."
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2012 08:03
2) as-Sam'ani (رحمه الله) mentioned from al-Buwayti (رحمه الله) that Imam ash-Shafi'ee (رحمه الله) said, "Allaah (سبحانه و تعالى) helped me by means of two men: Ibn 'Uyaynah (رحمه الله) in hadeeth, and Muhammad ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله) in fiqh."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2012 07:43
3) ar-Rabi' (رحمه الله) narrated from Imam ash-Shafi'ee (رحمه الله), "No one has been as kind to me in terms of knowledge and worldy means as has Muhammad ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله)," and he supplicated for mercy for him in all moments.

Ibn Sam'ah (رحمه الله) narrated that Imam Muhammad (رحمه الله) repeatedly collected from his companions almost one hundred thousand dirhams for Imam ash-Shafi'ee (رحمه الله).
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2012 08:12
3) adh-Dhahabi (رحمه الله) narrated in his volume on Idris ibn Yusuf al-Quratisi (رحمه الله) that he heard Imam ash-Shafi'ee (رحمه الله) saying, "I have never seen anyone more knowledgeable of the Book of Allaah (سبحانه و تعالى) that Muhammad ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله); it is as if it was revealed to him."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2012 07:36
4) at-Tahawi (رحمه الله) narrated from Ibn Abi 'Imran (رحمه الله) from at-Tabari (رحمه الله) that he heard Mu'alla ibn Mansoor (رحمه الله) saying, "Abu Yusuf (رحمه الله) met me at the justice department (hay'at al-qada') and he said, 'Mu'alla, with whom are you keeping close company these days?' I said, 'I am keeping close compant with Muhammad ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله).' He said, 'Stick close to him, because he is the most knowledgeable of people.'"
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2012 08:34
5) Ibn Abil 'Awwam (رحمه الله) the Hafiz mentioned that Imam Malik ibn Anas (رحمه الله) said one day when the people of hadeeth were with him, "No one has come to us from the direction of the east in whom there is a commendable quality," and in the assembly was Imam Muhammad ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله). His eye fell upon Imam Muhammad (رحمه الله) and Imam Malik (رحمه الله) added, "Except for this youth." You know that Ibn al-Mubarak (رحمه الله), Waki' (رحمه الله), and 'Abdur Rahman ibn Mahdi (رحمه الله) came to him and yet he preferred Imam Muhammad (رحمه الله) over them with this praise.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2012 07:47
6) Imam ash-Shafi'ee (رحمه الله) said, "I never heard anyone who, when he spoke, one would have the opinion that the Qur'an had descended in his dialect apart from Muhammad ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله). I wrote down the equivalent of a male Bactrian camel's load from him."

He said, "I only mentioned the bactrian camel because it carries more than any other camel."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2012 08:00
7) He also mentioned that a man said to al-Muzani (رحمه الله), "Muhammad (رحمه الله) said," so he said, "Who is Muhammad?" He said, "Ibn al-Hasan." He said, "Welcome to the one who fills the ear with hearing and the heart with understanding." Then he said, "I didn't say it, ash-Shafi'ee (رحمه الله) said it."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2012 07:48
8) as-Saymari (رحمه الله) mentioned with its chain of transmission that Imam ash-Shafi'ee (رحمه الله) said, "I have never seen a man more knowledgeable of the halal and the haram, the efficient causes ('ilal), and the abrogating and the abrogated than Muhammad ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله)."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2012 08:17
9) He (رحمه الله) also said: "If people did justice to the fuqaha' they would know that they have never seen the like of Muhammad ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله). I never sat with a faqih who had more understanding than him, nor anyone who was more eloquent than him concerning fiqh. He treated fiqh and its causes excellently well in a way of which the great were incapable."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2012 07:58
10) He (رحمه الله) also said: "The most knowledgeable of the masters in my view are Malik (رحمه الله) and then Muhammad Ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله)."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2012 07:40
11) He (رحمه الله) also said, "I recorded a camel-load from Muhammad ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله). If it had not been for him that knowledge which was opened up to me would not have been. All people are needy dependents of the people Kufa, and all of the people of Kufa are the needy dependents of Imam Abu Hanifa (رحمه الله)."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2012 07:24
12) al-Khateeb (رحمه الله) mentioned that to a man who said to him, "The fuqaha disagree with you," Imam ash-Shafi'ee (رحمه الله) said, "Have you seen a faqeeh? Unless perhaps you saw Muhammad Ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله), because he filled both the eye and the heart. I have never seen a man of sharper intellect than Muhammad Ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله)."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 9th February 2012 07:41
13) He (رحمه الله) also said, "In my view the most trustworthy of people in fiqh is Muhammad Ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله)."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 13th February 2012 07:28
14) adh-Dhabahi (رحمه الله) said in his volume, "That which Ibn Kas an-Nakha'i (رحمه الله) narrated from Ahmad Ibn Hammad Ibn Sufyan (رحمه الله) from ar-Rabi' (رحمه الله) is that Imam ash-Shafi'i (رحمه الله) said, 'I have not seen anyone more intelligent, more understanding, more abstinent, more scrupulous, more well-spoken than Muhammad ibn al-Hasan (رحمه الله).'"
No post ratings