Topic Appreciation
Seifeddine-M, abu mohammed, Taalibah
3 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2011 19:51
"ali wrote:
A speech in detail by Mufti Asad Waqas Khalil from the event 'Fazail E Amaal Misconceptions Answered' held at Madni Masjid, Bradford.

Youtube Video

Topics include:
* Brief Intro on the author of Fazail E Amaal, Shaykh ul-Hadith Muhammad
* Refutation of Allegations
* Mention of the so-called Ahle Hadith version which is filled with weak narrations

I haven't heard the talk yet, but I have read many articles refuting fazail e amaal and the answers to it.

EDIT: I have heard it and MashaAllah it does do justice to the topic
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2011 20:53
Autobiography of Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi 'alayh)

T U E S D A Y , J U L Y 0 4 , 2 0 0 6

'The Ahlul Hadeeth and us'

Indeed, Sheikhul Hadeeth's (rahmatullahi 'alayh) attitude regarding those who had a different opinion to him is remarkable and one worthy of following. Note that the Ahlul Hadeeth are a group who do not find it acceptable, in their opinion, to be affliliated to a Madhab. As requested, the following story is posted:

I have no enmity with any Ahlul Hadeeth scholars, so long as they do not use any insulting or degrading words against our Imams. In my mind, 'Shari'at' is only that which is contained in Allah's word and the words and practices of His Messenger (Sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam). But in acting on the Hadith and in cross examining the Hadith, the research of the Imams is much more preferable to the research of a novice like myself. Then also, the era of the Imams was nearer to the era of Rasulullah (Sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam) than the era of the scholars of Hadith. For this reason, the verdict of the Imams are more acceptable in the rejecion and acceptance of Hadith than even the verdict of Muhadditheen and our research.

Imam Ahmed Hanbal is Imam Bukhari's most noted teacher and Ustad, while Imam Ahmed is Imam Shafi'ee's most prominent student. Imam Shefi'ee again is the most famous student of Imam Malik. Imam Shafi'ee is on record as having said that he became a Jurist after studing the kitabs of Imam Muhammad, the famous student of Imam Abu Hanifah. Furthermore, there are 22 chains of transmissions of Hadith in Bukhari Shaeef, each consisting of 3 persons only, leading upto Rasulullah (Sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam). Of these 22, 20 of them contain transmitters, who are either students of Abu Hanifah or students of his students. As for us in this era, we are like monkey who sits down with a piece of ginger and then calls himself a greengrocer.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2012 13:29
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2012 13:34
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2012 14:00

"Muadh_Khan" wrote:

Asslamo Allaikum Br,

What does this app do?

Jazakullah Khairun

Good question. Had to download it to find out.

Its the book chapter by chapter, its not too bad. It was advertised on sunniforum too. its only 600kbs, So I guess it downloads what is selected. I havent tried to use it off line.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2012 21:22
"abu mohammed" wrote:

"Muadh_Khan" wrote:

"abu mohammed" wrote:
Download the app for Fazail e Aamaal For Android play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fazail&feat...;

Asslamo Allaikum Br,

What does this app do?

Jazakullah Khairun

Good question. Had to download it to find out.

Its the book chapter by chapter, its not too bad. It was advertised on sunniforum too. its only 600kbs, So I guess it downloads what is selected. I havent tried to use it off line.

Tried to use it off line and it still works, so it doesn't download data as and when needed. It's not the complete book but so far it contains sections and from the comments, it looks like they have been requesting to have more of the book to be completed. So inshaAllah as time goes by the book shall be available as an app.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2012 10:46

"abu mohammed" wrote:
"abu mohammed" wrote:
"Muadh_Khan" wrote:
"abu mohammed" wrote:
Download the app for Fazail e Aamaal For Android play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fazail&feat...;
Asslamo Allaikum Br, What does this app do? Jazakullah Khairun
Good question. Had to download it to find out. Its the book chapter by chapter, its not too bad. It was advertised on sunniforum too. its only 600kbs, So I guess it downloads what is selected. I havent tried to use it off line.
Tried to use it off line and it still works, so it doesn't download data as and when needed. It's not the complete book but so far it contains sections and from the comments, it looks like they have been requesting to have more of the book to be completed. So inshaAllah as time goes by the book shall be available as an app.

Asslamo Allaikum,

Incomplete version, I have emailed them and after a reply send them the complete TEXT from central-mosque.com for them to format and update (properly) should they wish to do so instead of a half version.

Jazakullah Khairun

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2012 10:59
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 9th February 2013 19:54
BUMP

A must listen to talk. This bump is for the recent attacks coming back on the book Fazail E Amaal.

Please listen to the great response.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 11th February 2013 18:03

Asslamo Allaikum,

I am ashamed to admit that I don't have 2+ hours to sit and listen to this talk so I request anyone who has heard this to answer a query.

Fazail-e-Aamaal has many “stories (not Hadeeth)” and generally in Shariah stories are not graded or authenticated the same was as Hadeeth and I have yet to come across a single article or book or speech of any Deobandi Alim who addresses this point with references n Urdu or English. They simply make a comment and move on

1. Does Mufti Saheb in this video address the point of authenticating stories and rules of narrating stories?
  2. If he does, does he provide references in his support?
  3. From which minute?

Do you know of any work of Deobandi work which addresses this issue in detail and in methodical manner? Please don’t put links up for others to read and spend hours only to find that it doesn’t satisfactorily deal with the issue.

If you want to put up a link be honest and say “I don’t know if it addresses the issue which you are seeking an answer for...”

Jazakullah Khairun

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 11th February 2013 19:05
Just a very quick response (short of time):

Mufti Saab speaks about the stories that the salafi claim to be nonsensical and fabricated, he then explains where the Maulana gets the stories from and references it to the like of Imam Qurtubi or Jalaludin Suyuti etc.

He says that if these mountains of figures write it, then why is condemned when it is found in Fazaail E Aamaal.

He also goes onto say that the salafi have there own version of Fazaail E aamaal which is contain more weak stories and narrations than the original.

Listen to it bit by bit if you can. InshaAllah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 11th February 2013 19:24

"abu mohammed" wrote:
Just a very quick response (short of time): Mufti Saab speaks about the stories that the salafi claim to be nonsensical and fabricated, he then explains where the Maulana gets the stories from and references it to the like of Imam Qurtubi or Jalaludin Suyuti etc. He says that if these mountains of figures write it, then why is condemned when it is found in Fazaail E Aamaal. He also goes onto say that the salafi have there own version of Fazaail E aamaal which is contain more weak stories and narrations than the original. Listen to it bit by bit if you can. InshaAllah.

Asslamo Allaikum,

That doesn't seem to answer my specific query but this is filed in the back of my mind and when I have 2 hours in my life I will give Insha'Allah listen as per your Mushwara, Insha'Allah.

My question is not:

1. To find references for stories in Fazail-e-Amaal and where Hazrat Shaykh (RA) got the stories from
  2. Also not to start looking in Ahl-e-Hadeeth or Salafi literature for weakness of their narrations

I have asked a very specific question which is applicable to narrating stories be it in Fazail-e-Amaal or outside of it and their authentication is not graded like Hadeeth gradation, its understood but I am looking for a thorough article on the subject.

Jazakullah Khairun and may Allah (SWT) reward you in this world and the next (Ameen).

No post ratings
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2014 11:02
Video not found?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2014 11:09
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2014 12:57
Although, I personally don't read it, I do totally agree that if such stories and weak narrations are found in other historic literatures then what's the beef with people taking pot shots at Fazail E Amaal?

It's always baffled me.

No post ratings