Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

The Salafi Hijack

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
rizmalek, member2, super-glue, ummi taalib, sweetmuslimahk1, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, abu mohammed, Naqshband66, Abu Taalib Deobandi, Arfatzafar, Jinn, kanzoorbhai, abuzayd2k
11 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,517
Brother
10,081
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#91 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 16:22

"Abu_Hanifa" wrote:
"Muadh_Khan" wrote:
To further make a point... There are hunderds of Masajid in UK where the Imam and committe follow the Madhab of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) and women attend Eid and all other Salah. So the dispute is over THE MOST SUPERIOR ACTION for a woman: Should she attend Eid Salah in congregation? Should she NOT attend Eid Salah in congregation? There is express and general discouragement in the Qur'aan & Sunnah for those who opt for "position 2" and Ulamah beleive that the specific evidence DOES NOT over-ride the general rule. There is "special evidence" for those who opt for "position 1" This is exactly the point of difference of opinion, the important issue is no one is prohibiting it in practise for either groups of Sisters!
Jazaak Allah Khair for your points brother. As Br thesunnah said the fact that praying at home is preferable does not mean that that women are not permitted to go to the mosque, as is clear from the following hadeeth: From ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar, who said: "I heard the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace be upon him) say: ‘Do not prevent your women from going to the mosque if they ask your permission.’" Bilaal ibn ‘Abdullah said, "By Allaah, we will prevent them." (Ibn ‘Umar) turned to him and told him off in an unprecedented fashion, saying: "I tell you what the Messenger of Allaah (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) said, and you say ‘By Allaah, we will prevent them’!!" (reported by Muslim, 667). But there are conditions attached to the permission for women to go to the mosque, as follows: (1) She should wear complete hijaab. (2) She should not go out wearing perfume. (3) She should have the permission of her husband and the husband should not prevent if he is asked and the conditions are met. Her going out should not involve any other kind of prohibited acts, such as being alone in a car with a non-mahram driver. If a woman does something wrong like that, her husband or guardian has the right to stop her; in fact it is his duty to do so.

W-Salam,

No problems with that...

Jazakullah Khairun

report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,085
Brother
9,585
abu mohammed's avatar
#92 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 19:05
Salaam,

@thesunnah: your posts are safe, for some reason the page has crashed. I had pm'ed you your entire post incase it got lost or if you thought we removed it.

@everyone: please do not quote the whole conversation as this can cause the forum to get stuck. Please shorten the quotes.


I have just driven 450ish miles and still driving, so please be patient, inshaAllah, I shall also answer your query of evesdropping.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,085
Brother
9,585
abu mohammed's avatar
#93 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 19:21
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Daywalk3r's avatar
Offline
UK
1,431
Brother
681
Daywalk3r's avatar
#94 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 19:36
i wouldve gone to Eid Salaah in Springfield Park IF both Eid dates were the same. My wife wouldve come but my littlest is still 2 years old so a bit difficult for her at present. If the next eid fitr dates are the same and im still alive i will, inshallah, be there.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Seifeddine-M's avatar
London
4,762
Brother
4,112
Seifeddine-M's avatar
#95 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 20:09
thesunnah wrote:
As far as I have been told, there isn't a command from the prophet pbuh or any of his companions during the life of the prophet pbuh abrogating this.


Not during the life of the Prophet (may Allah exalt his mention and grant him peace), rather almost immediately after his demise.

During the Khilaafah of Hadhrat Umar (radiallaahu anh), when evils started to manifest themselves, he and the eminent Sahabah (radiaallahu anhum) of the time had the proclamation made that women should not attend the masjid. This was approved by all the Sahabah (radiallaahu anhum).

Badaai'us Sanaa'i (Volume 1, Page 157) states, 'It is not permissible for young women to attend the masaajid because of the narration from Hadhrat Umar (radiallaahu anh) stating that he prevented young women from the masaajid. This is because women leaving the home leads to the spread of evil, and anything leading to such evil is haraam.'

In his commentary of Bukhaari, Allaama Ayni (rahmatullaahi alaih) quotes a narration stating that Hadhrat Abdullaah ibn Umar (radiallaahu anhuma) used to stand in the Masjid on fridays and throw pebbles at women to drive them away from the masjid. (Volume 3, Page 228)

Hadhrat Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu anh) so used to drive women away from the Masjid on fridays, telling them, 'Go away! Your homes are better for you.' (Targheeb wat Tarheeb, Volume 1, Page 190)

Hadhrat Aaisha (Radhiallaahu anha) narrates that if Nabi (Sallallaahu alayhi Wasallam) knew what the women are doing he would have prevented them from the Masjid just as the women of Bani Israaeel were prevented.' (Bukhari vol.á áá 1 p. 120)

This may not have happened during the lifetime of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam), but he (salallaahu alaihi wa sallam) said that after him follow the khulafaa. The position of hadrat Umar (radiallaahu anh) on this issue, as well as the other sahaabah (radiallaahu anhum), can be clearly seen from the above quotes.

Do you accept the statements and actions of the sahaabah (in particular the khulafaa rashideen) as sufficient proof?



report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 4
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,085
Brother
9,585
abu mohammed's avatar
#96 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 21:35
Salaam and Jazakallah again to all.

My comment on the Eid Salah was not MY comment, I simply relayed what was said. Any thumbs down are taken with love and with the understanding that I may have erred and I should be more careful. Jazakallah.

InshaAllah one day I too will do Eid in an open field like it was done, simply to fulfil this Sunnah action. May Allah give us all the ability to act upon the Sunnah of our beloved prophet SAW and his companions. (lets hope it doesn't rain)

(please brothers and sisters, this is not about The Salah in the park as far as I'm concerned, rather it is in defence of any allegations or misunderstandings that people have about each other)

There is much fitna out there and its not good. People are slandering the salaf and it needs to stop. InshaAllah together we can try.

There are differences between us in fiqh, but that doesn't mean we are wrong or you are wrong. What is wrong is when people make accusations. InshaAllah this will also be cleared up with evidence.

We must try not to name scholars unless there is proof that he said this and the proof of why it is wrong.

This is not against anyone or any Masjid. This is against those who lie and cause fitna.so we need to clear it all up.

I hope I have not contradicted my self any where and I apologize if I have.

Thumbs down are welcome.

My intentions are pure. InshaAllah.

Jazakallah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Seifeddine-M's avatar
London
4,762
Brother
4,112
Seifeddine-M's avatar
#97 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 21:46
A verse from the Qur'an getting a thumbs down? La hawla wa la quwatta illah billah
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,085
Brother
9,585
abu mohammed's avatar
#98 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 21:48
I still need to read all the posts inshaAllah, but I must say, although I take thumbs down as a positive thing for me, I strongly disagree with who ever disliked the verse of the Quran on the previous page. I am sure your intention was not to dismiss the verse, rather the implications that could be made with it. So please, next time just say what you feel and never dismiss any verse, specially if its on its own. But if you have rejected the verse, then ask Allah to forgive you.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,085
Brother
9,585
abu mohammed's avatar
#99 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 22:10
thesunnah wrote:


I think this was very childish and inappropriate; we're not a people that stereotype.

How do you know they spoke about these things? Who told you? I hope you weren't eves dropping and I hope no one told you about a private discussion they were having because this goes against amaanah.

I hope you apologise for posting such a statement, I thought you were better than that, especially after all the statements you made in response to the article the brother wrote.



The above is the 2nd missing post above.

As I was saying, inshaAllah I will clarify without giving away too much detail.

Being a practising Muslim, many people naturally ask many questions about the deen. Although I am not qualified to answer, I can only help a little. So with that in mind, someone, a mehrum, said to me, "you said that it is haram to discuss ones private moments with the spouse to anyone else" so I said yes. And before any gheebah started I stopped the person giving a further explanation. But being a female, it normally doesn't stop right away, (no offence sisters) But it ended with the little info I mentioned. And it ended with the mehrum saying, "but shes knowledgeable she should've known that". Later on many other things were clarified too, as the mehrum thought everything the sister was telling her was true and okay to discuss. This Alhumdulillah opened the eyes of this mehrum and has cleared up many wrong beliefs which I will not mention here yet. Many of the clarifications were made with evidence from.Quran and Sunnah. The rest was plain stupid.


Khair, may Allah protect us all from such fitnahs.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Yasin's avatar
UK
6,058
Brother
163
Yasin's avatar
#100 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 23:00

"Seifeddine-M" wrote:
A verse from the Qur'an getting a thumbs down? La hawla wa la quwatta illah billah
Quite shocking you're right. There was nothing else in that post too.

Maybe the person thought it's against their argument or not related? Wallahu A'lam.

 

@thesunnah - I'm assuming the post is back? Nothing has been deleted as far as I've checked in this topic. There is one post coming up blank from Abu_Hanifa which will be looked into soon. To read that post, please click on the "quote" button (for now). Apologies for this inconvenience.

report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,085
Brother
9,585
abu mohammed's avatar
#101 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2011 23:50
I've managed to edit and bring back the missing post by brother "Abu Hanifa".

Please do not quote the whole post. Please shorten them.in the future.

Jazakallah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,085
Brother
9,585
abu mohammed's avatar
#102 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2011 00:13
thesunnah wrote:
Abu Mohammed states;
"This work has been done by the khayrul quroon."


Statements like this tell us how much you really know about us, as mentioned earlier, all of our opinions can be traced back to the salaf (khayrul quroon) of this ummah, you people do nothing but talk from your desires.


Plus most of the post.


although the link below is not from L Road, and please note, we are not against them, just the wrongs that can come from there, if any.

The link is from a brother who is of the same school of thought as many of the other brothers who have studied and graduated from Madinah Uni.

Please at least listen to the introduction 40 seconds.

www.muftisays.com/blog/Seifeddine-M/977_20-01-2011/respon...

So I as I mentioned the foul words that came out, (which I understand was due to wrong wordings of "Stupid Idiot" that was used) Here is another clear example of what sort of garbage is either taught or understood by some who graduate from Madinah Uni. (NOt all are like that, you get the likes of those who produce hundreds of pages of Fatwas to prove the rightfull Mujaahideen wrong too. ( the dodgy fatwa of Tahir Qadri) And you get some great scholars who also graduate from there too. A mixed thing, but it seems the understanding needs to be rectified.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,085
Brother
9,585
abu mohammed's avatar
#103 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2011 01:27
I do not intend to make accusations, but as a general thought that occurred, I was reminded about an incident that took place last year.

No offence to any one.

I was talking to a brother who is or was or doesn't know if he is a Hanafi, about his changes and ill views about the khairul Quroon. Alhumdulillah, he has since understood that he should not say anything ill about them. As we were discussing things, it struck me that this brother has been influenced by the salafi brothers. So I asked him if he was salafi, and he replied NO. A few days went by and I saw his attitude change and his Salah transformed from Hanafi to salafi.

I asked him again if he is salafi, and again NO. Then I asked him if he had adopted the method of the shia. He got upset, naturally, then I explained why I said that. I told him that it is apparent that he is practicing Taqiya, Deception. A tactic used by the shia to hide the truth. Anyway he gave up and said he followed certain brothers, so Alhumdulillah he wasn't a shia.

I then asked him why he positioned his arms the way he did in Salah and he said that it was the strongest evidence and is the opinion of imam Ahmed. So I asked him to provide me with this evidence as the evidence I use is also from imam Ahmed.

Weeks and months passed by and he could not get me evidence except that he was told by a teacher. He also sent me an email quoting islamqa.com (which I also use as reference) and all it said in there was "in my opinion, placing the hands .........this is the strongest opinion, Shaykh......." With no reference at all.

Maybe he didn't send the whole answer or opinion and no link for me to verify.

So I said, this is not proof, this is his opinion, where's the Hadith.

I insisted that imam Ahmed has 3 opinions with this regard and your style doesn't match any one of them, so how can you say you follow the hanbali school. Khair, 6 months later he started positioning his hands like me, and he said I was right, apparently, it was not the opinion of imam Ahmed rather it is of imam shafi. Yet many brothers still pray like that and claim they are hanbali. I still don't get it.

May Allah guide us and unite us as 1 ummah and let the differences be a mercy.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,085
Brother
9,585
abu mohammed's avatar
#104 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2011 01:49
I must stress, this is not a battle with any organization, but as some of us can relate to some then I shall ask another question.

Why is the Adhaan for Jummah only given once and the Adhaan given by Hadhrat Uthman not given. We all understand how and when this started but why 1400 years later, the second Adhaan is removed. There may be no need for it but the argument used is the same for Taraweeh. The adhan of uthman and the Taraweeh of umar are both being neglected with silly excuses. We all know what the prophet SAW said about the Sunnah of the khulafa rashideen. So why twist and turn things around.

The 8 rakat phenomena was hyped by the shia as they hated Umar ra. And it is happening again. And what excuses. This Hadith is strong and that Hadith is weak. So what, 1400 years of following the Sunnah of umar ra strengthens every Hadith for 20 rakat.

Whats the famous saying?
"Some new evidence has come", SubhanAllah

Yes the prophet may have done 8 rakat, yes there was 1 adhaan for Jummah whilst the prophet was around, and yes the prophet also told us to follow these Sunnah of the rightly guided caliphs.

So why the drop out. (as I know some will say "we don't reject it") why not stick to it. And please don't say the Asal is there and that's what we practice.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,085
Brother
9,585
abu mohammed's avatar
#105 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2011 13:11
thesunnah wrote:
Assalaamu'alaikum,

Alhamdulillah I have read many articles on this forum and other websites on strictly following 1 madhab. As part of my quest for the truth, I also sent this thread to one of the teachers at the tarbeeyyah mosque on leswin road


Well brother, how is your journey going.

There have been many responses, could you please update us, Jazakallah.

report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top

Jump to page: