Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The Salafi Hijack

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
rizmalek, member2, super-glue, ummi taalib, sweetmuslimahk1, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, abu mohammed, Naqshband66, Abu Taalib Deobandi, Arfatzafar, Jinn, kanzoorbhai, abuzayd2k
11 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#271 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2011 17:49
A reminder of my own work via an email. SubhanAllah. Jazakallah for the solution to my current dilemma.

The Most Important Lesson From All This!

If you click on the above link, please read the whole thing.

InshaAllah, you wont need to come back to ask me anything again.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#272 [Permalink] Posted on 27th October 2011 22:09
These statements prove many actions of certain sects to be false.

Yet we hear the same old story of "we follow the strongest opinion".

A Hadith states that Rasulullaah (SAW) said, "Verily Allaah has placed the truth on the tongue of Umar."(1) This tells us that nothing contrary to the truth will come from the tongue of Hadhrat Umar (RA). Therefore, why should he not be a criterion for good and bad?

There is also another narration in which Rasulullaah (SAW) said, "There has been Muhaddathoon in the previous nations (people whose tongues are inspired with the truth). If there is any Muhaddath in my Ummah, it is definitely Umar."(2)

Imaam Tahtaawi (RH) reports a Hadith in which Rasulullaah (SAW) says, "Many things will be initiated after me and those that I love the most are the ones that Umar shall initiate. You people should therefore adhere steadfastly to that which Umar initiates."(3)

1) Tirmidhi, as quoted in Mishkaatul Masaabeeh (Pg.554).
2) Mishkaatul Masaabeeh (Pg.554).
3) Imaam Tahtaawi (RH)'s commentary to Maraaqil Falaah, Pg.239.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#273 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2011 10:03
An important word.

Can someone elaborate on the one word "Muhaddath" from the Hadith above.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#274 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2011 12:12

"abu mohammed" wrote:
These statements prove many actions of certain sects to be false. Yet we hear the same old story of "we follow the strongest opinion".

A Hadith states that Rasulullaah (SAW) said, “Verily Allaah has placed the truth on the tongue of Umar.”(1) This tells us that nothing contrary to the truth will come from the tongue of Hadhrat Umar (RA). Therefore, why should he not be a criterion for good and bad?

There is also another narration in which Rasulullaah (SAW) said, “There has been Muhaddathoon in the previous nations (people whose tongues are inspired with the truth). If there is any Muhaddath in my Ummah, it is definitely Umar.”(2)

Imaam Tahtaawi (RH) reports a Hadith in which Rasulullaah (SAW) says, “Many things will be initiated after me and those that I love the most are the ones that Umar shall initiate. You people should therefore adhere steadfastly to that which Umar initiates.”(3)

1) Tirmidhi, as quoted in Mishkaatul Masaabeeh (Pg.554).

2) Mishkaatul Masaabeeh (Pg.554).

3) Imaam Tahtaawi (RH)’s commentary to Maraaqil Falaah, Pg.239.

Asslamo Allaikum,

‏حدثني ‏ ‏أبو الطاهر أحمد بن عمرو بن سرح ‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏عبد الله بن وهب ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏إبراهيم بن سعد ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبيه ‏ ‏سعد بن إبراهيم ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏أبي سلمة ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏عائشة ‏ ‏عن النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏أنه كان يقول ‏ ‏قد كان يكون في الأمم قبلكم ‏ ‏محدثون ‏ ‏فإن يكن في أمتي منهم أحد فإن ‏ ‏عمر بن الخطاب ‏ ‏منهم ‏ ‏قال ‏ ‏ابن وهب ‏ ‏تفسير محدثون ملهمون ‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏قتيبة بن سعيد ‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏ليث ‏ ‏ح ‏ ‏و حدثنا ‏ ‏عمرو الناقد ‏ ‏وزهير بن حرب ‏ ‏قالا حدثنا ‏ ‏ابن عيينة ‏ ‏كلاهما ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏ابن عجلان ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏سعد بن إبراهيم ‏ ‏بهذا الإسناد ‏ ‏مثله ‏

A'isha reported Allah's Messenger (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)) as saying: There had been among the people before you inspired persons and if there were any such among my Umma (Sayyidina Ameerul-Mumineen) Umar Ibn Khattab (RA) would be one of them. Ibn Wahb explained the word Muhaddathun as those who receive Ilham (Mulhimoon). [Muslim]

Imam Nawawi (RA) in the commentary of Saheeh Muslim records this opinion but also says that Ulama-e-Kiraam have differed on the exact definition of Muhaddathun and text is as follows:

هَذَا الْإِسْنَاد مِمَّا اِسْتَدْرَكَهُ الدَّارَقُطْنِيُّ عَلَى مُسْلِم , وَقَالَ : الْمَشْهُور فِيهِ عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيم بْن سَعْد عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنْ أَبِي سَلَمَة قَالَ : بَلَغَنِي أَنَّ رَسُول اللَّه صَلَّى اللَّه عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ , وَأَخْرَجَهُ الْبُخَارِيّ مِنْ هَذَا الطَّرِيق عَنْ أَبِي سَلَمَة عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَة . وَاخْتَلَفَ تَفْسِير الْعُلَمَاء لِلْمُرَادِ بِمُحَدَّثُونَ , فَقَالَ اِبْن وَهْب : مُلْهَمُونَ , وَقِيلَ : مُصِيبُونَ , وَإِذَا ظَنُّوا فَكَأَنَّهُمْ حَدَّثُوا بِشَيْءٍ فَظَنُّوا , وَقِيلَ : تُكَلِّمُهُمْ الْمَلَائِكَة , وَجَاءَ فِي رِوَايَةٍ ( مُتَكَلِّمُونَ ) وَقَالَ الْبُخَارِيّ : يَجْرِي الصَّوَابُ عَلَى أَلْسِنَتِهِمْ , وَفِيهِ إِثْبَات كَرَامَات الْأَوْلِيَاء . ‏

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#275 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2011 12:53
Muadh wrote:
A'isha reported Allah's Messenger (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) as saying: There had been among the people before you inspired persons and if there were any such among my Umma (Sayyidina Ameerul-Mumineen) Umar Ibn Khattab (RA) would be one of them. Ibn Wahb explained the word Muhaddathun as those who receive Ilham (Mulhimoon). [Muslim]

Jazakallah.

INSPIRED by whom/what?

Should these inspirations become part of the Sunnah as The Prophet said You people should therefore adhere steadfastly to that which Umar initiates

So why take some and leave the rest?
Why pick and mix?

Doesn't being part of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa' mean we must accept EVERYTHING?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#276 [Permalink] Posted on 28th June 2013 20:37
I don't think anyone of us in the present world is more obedient servant of Allah and true lover/follower of the Final Prophet alayhissalam than was Uthman RA...we dare to open our filthy mouths and ask the muftis here the question about 1, 2 or 3 azans is right or wrong (or in other words we are asking muftis here that do they (the muftis) have the knowledge of the Deen more than Uthmaan....) lols(pity) @ us...tragically 1400 hundred years after the birth of islam, the true believers are being born...
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#277 [Permalink] Posted on 28th June 2013 21:27
Jazakallahu Khairun.

Firstly I would like to clear the fact that there were no Muftis here in this discussion. Just members and non members like yourself having a discussion.

Secondly, I would like to clear up one of my mistakes on this thread which is in the earlier posts, I had commented about the twilight time. Alhumdulillah, with the benefits of this thread and many others, I have learnt much more and I have also changed many of my views and things that I would or would not do. Thanks to the efforts of those who have contributed. This is turn has made me an even stricter Hanafi.

Thirdly, I/we still hold the position of two adhans for Jummah.

Jazakallahu Khair.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#278 [Permalink] Posted on 28th June 2013 22:11
me personally would like to quote a sentence of Mufti Yousuf Ludhyanwi(may Allah bestow His rahma on him). though it was on another topic but what he said about the Sahabaas, each and every one of them (rizwanullahitaala alyhim ajmaeen).. he praised them all for their wisdom of deen, fear of Allah, love of Prophet Alayhissalam and then he said.. I have a strong belief in it and with this belief I want to live, die and to be raised on qayamah...quote finished...I also pray to Allah the same thing..if Uthmaan raziAllahuanhu did anything and not even a single Shahbee had any objection on it, who the heck do I think I am???am I a better follower of The Nabi...I would rather shut my mouth and do taubah and ask Allah His forgiveness..
thus I have no doubts in 2 azaans in Friday prayers and any other matters of Islam in which people better than me (and better than all of us presently) have made their fataawaas or ijmaa's....
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#279 [Permalink] Posted on 16th March 2014 12:01
(salaam)

The PDF: The Salafi Dawah in Disarray .

Questioner: What is your Excellency's opinion about ... the salafi da'wah in general, and specifically in Kuwait, Egypt and Saudi?

Al-Albaani: I say that unfortunately the salafi Da'wah is now in disarray, and I attribute the cause of that to the hastiness of many of the Muslim youth to claim knowledge: so he will have the audacity to pass fatwas, and to declare things to be haram and halaal before he knows.
Some of them, as I have heard on numerous occasions, can't even recite an aayah from the Quraan properly-even if the Noble Mushaf were [open] in front of them-let alone the fact that he will make many mistakes when [simply] reading ahadith of the Prophetﷺ‎ s.a.w. And so that proverb that is well-known in some countries is applicable to him:
"He became a raisin before [even becoming] a sour grape."
You know what is this word used amongst you? When a grape starts out it becomes a green berry, this is what is referring to, and it is very sour, so before he even reaches this stage of being a sour grape, he makes himself out to be a raisin.
Thus for many of these people to prop up their heads and be hasty in [both] claiming knowledge and writing when they haven't even traversed half the way on the path to knowledge is what now unfortunately makes those who attribute themselves to the Salafi da'wah split into groups and factions.

And so there is no cure for this except for these Muslims to fear their Lord, the Mighty and Majestic, and for them to know that it is not for everyone who starts off seeking knowledge to take the lead in declaring fatwas about things being halaal and haram, or declaring hadiths to be authentic or weak except after a long lifetime, a lifetime in which he practices learning how fatwas are delivered and how [verdicts] are derived from the Book and the Sunnah.
And in this respect these callers or salafis must comply with that third check which I mentioned before when speaking about beneficial knowledge and righteous actions, saying that beneficial knowledge must be according to the methodology of the salaf as-Saalih.

So now a days when many of the Islamic callers depart from this check, the third check which Imaam Ibn al-Qayyim, may Allaah have mercy on him, indicated in his poetry when he said:
"Knowledge is, 'Allaah said ... His Messenger said ...
The Companions said ...' and it is not hidden."
Not paying heed to what our Salaf as-Saalih were upon makes the people go back, after having been united, to disunity which separates them as it had done with many Muslims before, turning them into groups and factions, each faction pleased with what it has. This is my opinion of the situation.
So if, as we hope, they are sincere they must cling to the correct knowledge-based principles, and that the person who has not reached the level of having correct knowledge does not have the audacity to ... that he keeps himself out of sight from [delving into] that and he entrusts knowledge to the one who knows it [i.e., the scholars].
... in this regard [there] is a narration which has been reported in the books of hadith, I think it was 'Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Abi Layla, may Allaah have mercy on him, who was one of the major scholars of the Salaf as-Saalih, he said, "In this mosque ..." and maybe he was referring to the Prophet s.a.w's Mosque, "... I met ..." and then he mentioned a [specific] number of Companions, I forget the number now, "... so when one of them would be asked ..."

Interjection: Seventy.
Al-Albaani: Maybe it was. "I met seventy Companions in this mosque, when one of them would be asked a question or asked for a fatwa, he would wish that another one of the scholars from those Companions who were present would shoulder the responsibility for it," and the reason for that was because they feared that they would make a mistake and thus [as a result] would cause other people to fall into making a mistake. So they would wish to not have to take this responsibility and that someone else would.
As for now, then the situation, most unfortunately, is the polar opposite.
And that is because of one reason, which is something I always mention: that this blooming which we now see for the Book and the sunnah and theSalafi Da'wah is something new, this blossoming which they call an awakening has not been going on for a long time such that these people can reap the fruits of this awakening or blossoming in themselves, namely, by being nurtured on the foundations of the Book and the Sunnah and for them to then inundate, with this correct nurturing based upon the Book and the Sunnah, others who are around them, [calling] those closest [to them firstly] and then those after them..........
shaikhalbaani.wordpress.com/2014/01/11/the-salafi-dawah-i...
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#280 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2014 00:42
Salam,
Narrated As-Sa'ib bin Yazid I:
`Uthman bin `Affan introduced the second Adhan on Fridays when the number of the people in the mosque increased. Previously the Adhan on Fridays used to be pronounced only after the Imam had taken his seat (on the pulpit).
حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ بُكَيْرٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنْ عُقَيْلٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، أَنَّ السَّائِبَ بْنَ يَزِيدَ، أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ التَّأْذِينَ الثَّانِيَ يَوْمَ الْجُمُعَةِ أَمَرَ بِهِ عُثْمَانُ حِينَ كَثُرَ أَهْلُ الْمَسْجِدِ، وَكَانَ التَّأْذِينُ يَوْمَ الْجُمُعَةِ حِينَ يَجْلِسُ الإِمَامُ‏.‏
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 915
In-book reference : Book 11, Hadith 39
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 2, Book 13, Hadith 38
(deprecated numbering scheme)
Can somebody explain this?
JazakAllah
No post ratings

Jump to page: