Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Salah Of The Women is not like that of the Men

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Poll
» Is the same as men
0%
0 members | 0 guests
» Is totaly different (it shows Modesty)
100%
13 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taqwah, sweetmuslimahk1, abu mohammed, queenie, Jinn
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2010 17:06
Evidence from Hadith. Many people claim that there is no evidence from any Hadith that the Salah of Women is different from the Men Click here for more evidence. See also the Comment and Reply.

Below is sample of the Blog.
"The separating factor between the laws of salah of males and females is that of concealment . A woman is commanded to do all those actions which are more concealing for her. " (as-Sunan al-Kubra alil-Bayhaqi: vol. 2 p 222)

RAISING THE HANDS

Hafidh Nur ud-Din Haythami states:

Wa'il ibn Hujr states that Rasulullah said to him, "O Ibn Hujr, when you perform salah, raise your hands till your ears while a woman should raise her hands till her chest . "

(Majma' uz-Zawaa'id: vol. 2 p 103, and I'laa us-Sunan: vol. 2 p 156)

SAJDAH

Imam Abu Dawud has narrated the following hadith in his Maraaseel:
"Yazid ibn Abi Habib states that Rasulullah passed by two women who were performing their salah. He said to them, "When you prostrate, then make the parts of your body touch the ground because a woman is unlike a man in these aspects. " (Maraaseel Abi Dawud p 118; and its like in as-Sunan al-Kubra alil- Bayhaqi: vol. 2 p 223)

THE SITTING POSITION

It is mentioned in the Musnad of Imam Abu Hanifah rahimahullah:

"Abdullah ibn Umar was asked how women performed their salah during the era of Rasulullah. He replied that initially they performed tarabbu'. Then they were ordered to themselves close together and lean onto one side by resting on their left buttocks and completely contracting themselves. "

(Jaami' ul-Masaaneed: vol. 1 p 400)
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2010 12:43

"abu mohammed" wrote:
Evidence from Hadith. Many people claim that there is no evidence from any Hadith that the Salah of Women is different from the Men Click here for more evidence. See also the Comment and Reply. Below is sample of the Blog. "The separating factor between the laws of salah of males and females is that of concealment . A woman is commanded to do all those actions which are more concealing for her. " (as-Sunan al-Kubra alil-Bayhaqi: vol. 2 p 222) RAISING THE HANDS Hafidh Nur ud-Din Haythami states: Wa'il ibn Hujr states that Rasulullah said to him, "O Ibn Hujr, when you perform salah, raise your hands till your ears while a woman should raise her hands till her chest . " (Majma' uz-Zawaa'id: vol. 2 p 103, and I'laa us-Sunan: vol. 2 p 156) SAJDAH Imam Abu Dawud has narrated the following hadith in his Maraaseel: "Yazid ibn Abi Habib states that Rasulullah passed by two women who were performing their salah. He said to them, "When you prostrate, then make the parts of your body touch the ground because a woman is unlike a man in these aspects. " (Maraaseel Abi Dawud p 118; and its like in as-Sunan al-Kubra alil- Bayhaqi: vol. 2 p 223) THE SITTING POSITION It is mentioned in the Musnad of Imam Abu Hanifah rahimahullah: "Abdullah ibn Umar was asked how women performed their salah during the era of Rasulullah. He replied that initially they performed tarabbu'. Then they were ordered to themselves close together and lean onto one side by resting on their left buttocks and completely contracting themselves. " (Jaami' ul-Masaaneed: vol. 1 p 400)

Asslamo Allaikum,

You may find this useful:

http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/womdiff.htm

If you can translate the entire commentary from Fathul-Bari that will be a great help.

Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2010 15:15
Jazakallah Brother Muadh, That too is one of my sources. Infact thats where it comes from, see my blog.

Quote:
If you can translate the entire commentary from Fathul-Bari that will be a great help.

Translate it, I cant even read it. I'm gonna have to wait for the scholars to that. My source of information is from the books which I have in english and the sites I use are mostly on my links given on my blog page.

I am but a learner for real "L"
(This Web site was recommended to me by my friend Mufti Yaseen Shaikh, my inspiration to joining this site with the blogs and forums was non other than Maulana Yasin, Muadh Khan, Ummi Taalib, Shinning Light and Queenie, Their contribution has helped me learn so much. May Allah reward them all for their work.)

"Rabbi Zidni Ilmaa"
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2011 09:55
The demonstration was done by 6 year old Safiyya, who is the niece of Sheikh ul hadith Abu Nauman Abdur Raheem [who was also present during the filming of this video]. MASHALLAH, may Allah grant her success in this world and in the hereafter.

Some people use the hadith of the Prophet [pbuh] "Pray as you have seen me pray" falsely to proove the prayer of men and women are the same.
This is in actual a gross misinterpretation of the hadith because here the Prophet (Peace be upon him) was referring to men, If we do not accept this condition then Prophet (Peace be upon him) saying that "Pray as you have SEEN me praying" would become illogical because Prophet (Peace be upon him) was "SEEN" praying with turban, praying with his ankles exposed, leading men in prayer, Above all, regarding the hadith of "PRAY AS YOU HAVE SEEN ME PRAYING" none of the major commentators of Bukhari such as Imam Ibn Hajr al Asqalani رحمة الله عليه, Imam Badr ud-din Ayni رحمة الله عليه, Imam Ibn Bataal رحمة الله عليه etc... have given this interpretation like Albani [ra] had given. Allah knows best.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ZySx-TMeY
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2011 12:31
Asalamo Allaikum

when i present this evidence,i get well thats not "true" if that was the case we would have got evidence from bukhari,muslim,Ahmed,Tirmizi,well known books,but you dont find the the evidence in any of those books.

i want to know what do say to people like that?
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2011 12:45
Seifeddine and I have posts filled with evidence. But as mufti Abdur raheem says, these aren't the only books of Hadith. There are plenty more other books too.

Have these people ever heard of kitabul aathar of imam abu hanifa, mushkil al aathar by imam tahawi. I guess not. Imam abu hanifas book was written before any of these were even born (I think)

The video it self does show references from Bayhaqi, etc.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2011 12:51
One thing mufti Abdur raheem mentions in one of his talks is that bukhari only contains one Hadith with reference to the prophet urinating whilst standing and no reference of him sitting down. If that's the case, then the people who ask these questions would be stuck if they only used bukhari as a source of guidance.

One must be careful of not becoming "inkar e Hadith". I.e. rejectors or refuser of Hadith. There are plenty of Hadith that are neglected and these people miss out on so many other virtues and rewards had they practiced upon these Hadith.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2011 13:02
Hafiz Ibn Salaah (rahmatullahi alaih) and others have divided the Saheeh ahadith into seven types:

1) Those ahadith that appear in both, Sahih al Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.

2) Those ahadith that appear only in Sahih al Bukhari.

3) Those ahadith that appear only in Sahih Muslim.

4) Those ahadith that match the criteria of both, Sahih al Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.

5) Those ahadith that match the criteria of Sahih al Bukhari only.

6) Those ahadith that match the criteria of Sahih Muslim only.

7) Those that do not fit the description of any one of the above, but were classified authentic by some reliable Muhadditheen.

[Muqaddimah ibn Salaah pg.27; Tadribur Rawi pg.73 and Sarh Nukhbah pg.64]

In the light of the above, the last four types of authentic ahadith do not appear in the Sahihain. Despite that, they are still considered as authentic.

The practice of all the Muhadditheen throughout time also confirms the prevalence of authentic ahadith outside of the Sahihain. Since many Muhadditheen have compiled books which, they ensured, only contained authentic narrations.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2011 14:11
Another point worth bearing in mind (with regards to the hadeeth pray as you see have seen me pray) is that our own interpretation and logical inference of this hadeeth cannot compare with the other ahadeeth of the Messenger of Allah ( صلى الله عايه وسالم ) and the verdicts and practice of the Sahabah and Tabi'un ( رضئ الله عنهم ) quoted above.
Rank Image
UK
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2011 17:59
[video removed]

Video from the hanafi fiqh channel on how women pray salaah the hanafi way. it has some mistakes but if you read what is says then you will understand insha Allah. i hope this is the right place to post it.
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2011 18:05
Images or videos (media) with people (eyes) is simply not permitted on muftisays.com public section to respect all opinions. If the video is beneficial, please convert it to audio format and repost. See this topic for help on video conversion to audio.

Salam,

It is the correct section and topic to post this but the video is not suitable.
Rank Image
UK
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2011 18:14
oh ok sorry did not know! will refrain from it in future insha Allah.
Rank Image
UK
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 9th September 2011 18:15
i will not change it to audio because its for showing how to pray salaah.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2011 16:38

"sister-in-islam" wrote:
Asalamo Allaikum when i present this evidence,i get well thats not "true" if that was the case we would have got evidence from bukhari,muslim,Ahmed,Tirmizi,well known books,but you dont find the the evidence in any of those books. i want to know what do I say to people like that?

I come across salafi who say the same thing, and that womans prayers are the same as the men (in actions too).

Heres a little exercise:

Mostly these arguments and comments come about when the position of the hands are being discussed. Then the Salafi quote the famose Hadith "Pray as you have seen me pray". If thats the case, then one should stand up and stand like a salafi, i.e. legs wide apart.

And say is this how you stand in Salah, feet wide apart. How degrading is it for a woman to stand like that, and that too in front of the creator. Then ask the sisters how they stand? Do they still need proof from Bukhari and Sahih Muslim. The Hadith "Pray as you have seen me Pray" is not for woman. These practical examples should make it clear.

Then bring your feet closer, closer then the image below, isnt this a more respectful manner to stand in, below is an ideal position for the men to be in.

In Sajdah, the men are required to perfom sajdah with there backs up, arms out wide with enough gap in the middle that a baby lamb can walk from under the body. (this is also from Hadith)

[Keep body open with stomach apart from the thighs and arms apart from the sides and elbows should not be on the ground.]

Ask a sister how she would feel doing Sajdah like the Prophet SAW (for men), or is it better keep lower down and keep ones self concealed.

The best way to show these examples are by showing them rather than telling them.

I went through the whole Salah with a Salafi and asked, should a woman stand/bow/sit like this in Salah, isnt it exposing her figure. He agreed with me, but the usual "Pray as you have seen me pray" wont leave his head. He has better understanding yet still needs all of our Duas and the help of Allah to remove such deluded thoughts and ideas.

Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2012 13:06
I was looking for the thread on Women praying at the Masjid but could not find a dedicated thread for it, therefore I have postes this here.

It was narrated from Umm Humayd, the wife of Abu Humayd al-Sa'idi, that she came to the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) and said, "O Messenger of Allah, I love to pray with you." He replied, "I know that you love to pray with me. However, your prayer in your storage room is better than your prayer in your bedroom; your prayer in your bedroom is better than your prayer in your courtyard; your prayer in your courtyard is better than your prayer in the mosque of your people; and your prayer in the mosque of your people is better than your prayer in my mosque." [The sub-narrator] said, "She requested that a prayer area be built for her in the deepest and darkest part of her house, and she prayed therein until she met Allah Most High." Ahmad transmitted it in his Musnad (6:371) and Ibn Hajar in al-Isabah attributed it to Ibn Abi Khaythamah through this route, and this is an authentic chain. Al-Shawkani transmitted in Nayl al-Awtar (3:161) from Ibn Hajar that he said, "Its chain is sound (hasan)." Al-Mundhiri mentioned it in al-Targhib (1:135) and said, "Ahmad narrated it, as did Ibn Khuzaymah and Ibn Hibban in their Sahihs".