You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Arslan., Taalibah, Muadh_Khan, ibn Ismail, abu mohammed, Yasin, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
London
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2016 09:55
This topic is completely irrelevant to me, but I enjoy reading it. Interesting indeed.

Alhumdulillah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 24th January 2016 03:39
Ryder wrote:
View original post

ٱلسَّلَامُ عَلَيكُم وَ رَحمَةُٱللهِ وَ بَرَكَاتُه

I haven't received a reply from him yet, he must be busy.

However I have asked another Mufti; Ismail Musa sahaab; student of Mufti Ebrahim Desai sahaab, and he said it is permissible.

Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2016 10:47
Ryder wrote:
View original post

Maulana Salejee sahab's reply;

Assalaamu Alaikum

The answer to your question below

Two important principles have to be always borne in mind

(a) No halaal animal is permissible if not slaughtered according to the shariah.
(b) No food item will be permissible if it is established that it’s consumption is harmful for ones health.
Keeping these two principles in mind one needs to make an informed decision. If the sick animal was slaughtered in the correct Islamic manner then one will have to enquire whether it will be harmful for ones health or not. Some sick chickens will not prove harmful after cooking while others may. Abattoirs hve govt appointed health inspectors who are supposed to reject the unhealthy diseased chickens.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2016 21:10
ibn ismail جزاك الله خيرا for getting that answer.

I think that is pretty much common sense, if you know the chicken will make you ill after eating, then obviously don't eat it.

In case someone gets waswasa and throws after good food, I can pretty much confirm that 98% of sick chickens will NOT be harmful to health after cooking. Most diseases do NOT transfer to humans. Even big scary ones likes Mareks do not transfer to humans becasue they are strains of the disease that are specific to chickens and do not affect humans and vice versa. I've eaten chickens with mareks.

This applies only if it is still early days of the illness being visible (usually symptoms becomes visible after the chicken has actually been ill for a long time anyway). If the chicken has lost a lot of weight then it is probably not worth eating anyway - and the loss of weight is perhaps the best indicator of how far into the illness the chicken has.

Another indicator is when you cull the bird, if a lot of the insides like liver, heart, kidney etc have a lot of visible markings that are abnormal like scabs or scars or discoloration, then it may not be worth eating. If the markings are not too bad then I throw away the liver, kidney etc and eat just the meat.

There are only about 2 or 3 diseases that can trasfer to humans, and they are very rare. Usually when they come about there is an epidemic so it hits the news. Such as avian influenza.

Like I said most of the time, you will never need to worry, as a well cooked ill chicken will never make you sick. However I have enough expericence to take a good guess at what disease/illness the chicken has after some observation and I have plenty of experience with ill chickens, so if you are unsure, get someone experienced to look at your ill chicken before eating it.

Disclaimer:
That is just some general points, with experience you will know exactly what I mean. For now, if in doubt, get someone experienced to come and look at the chicken.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2016 03:09
Ryder wrote:
View original post

جَزَاكَ ٱللهُ خَيرًا

Very informative.

The chicken has left, SubhanAllah, with no apparent cause. It was sudden.
No post ratings