Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1006 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2021 07:22
Theory of Difficult Times for Muslims

I came to SF to interact with like minded Muslims who follow the Deoband explanation of Islam.

It was a very validating experience.

Of course somewhere my mood got more inclined towards Dawah.

But then present situation of Islam and Muslims the world over completely took over my thinking.

The desire was to find solution to the current pathetic situation that we find ourselves in.

Sadly most of the time I end up writing about the very considerable problems that we are facing all over the world.

To make the things worse our own situation in India took a very bad turn under Mr Narendra Modi's rule since May 2016.

And I have been reduced to sharing bad, sad and negative news all the time.

A Muslim is not supposed to complain.

All situations, bad or good, are from Allah SWT.

When we complain or even talk too much about bad things and problems then it becomes very un-Islamic.

In fact because of these type of considerations I made separate thread about enjoying the blessings of Allah SWT even in difficult times.

By the Grace of Allah SWT there is some momentary respite in the situation vis-a-vis the US and hence the west after US withdrawal from Afghanistan.

The situation in India continues to be worry some.

Yet we can see some signs that we can take to be heartening.

For example princess Hind Al-Qassimi of UAE tweeting earlier about the situation of Indian Muslims in general and recently about Assam.

I am sure she will not be silent on what is happening in Tripura right now.

And what some Bangladeshis did there, and I condemn it, must not be lost on the Saffron bigots from India.

Of course neither the problem has been solved nor my assessment of it is complete but by the Grace of Allah SWT I am very close to the latter part rather than the former.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1007 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2021 16:18
No Magic or Miracle for India

This life is a test of Muslims.

Muslims find themselves in historically most delicate situation.

Allah SWT has set up a test for them.

After Islam was completed Allah SWT declared that some of you must do Allah SWT's work.

Many will think that Tasawwuf is Allah's work. Others will call Madarsa work as Allah's work. Yet another set of Muslims would aver that Tabligh work is work of Allah. Lately some would say that real work of Allah is Dawah.

In fact Aligarh people would say that modern education is also Allah's work.

And it is amply clear that none of these has protected Muslims of India from falling into this terrible trap laid by the Saffronite zealots.

Lib-Dems do not want Muslims to solve their problems. And there is no miracle in waiting to solve our problems.

That is not the deal Allah SWT gave us in the Noble Qur'an.

And this should give an idea about why not only the Saffronite but even the Lib-Dems of India were aghast at Taliban swiftly taking over after US withdrawal from Afghanistan.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1008 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2021 16:38
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Hadis-e-Jibreel

I heard the Hadis-e-Jibreel for the first time in a a Jama-at-e-Islami programme.

My favourite internet description is by late Dr Israr Ahmed.

Of course the description by Mufti Tariq Masood Sahab has more spirituality in it.

Today I found myself enjoying such Bayanaat.

This means that the tension that I got in last few days has subsided.

Why the tension?

Because I realized that Pakistan was under stress due to the Saffronite.

Sharjan is puzzled by the cryptic nature of the last sentence above.

I had seen an article on a Saffronite web site where they had shown a map of Greater India.

This map included Not only India and Pakistan but even Afghanistan, Iran, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Ukraine, Moldovia, Hungary and what not on the north-western side. Nothing to say of the south-eastern side.

This left be slightly numb because their project may not go up to Hungary but they already possess capability for local implementation.

Their local agenda includes doing to Muslims what they did to Jains, Buddhists, Ajivikas.

They want to do to Muslims in India what Christians did to Muslims in Spain.

Then it will be Pakistan's turn.

This left me numb temporarily.

I said Pakistan was tense because, for example, I found that some of Oriya Maqbool Jan's videos had comments blocked.

Why?

This must be due to Saffronite trolling.

Then there are few more small indicators here and there.

I hope this covers the explanation.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1009 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2021 08:41
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah for the clarification, Sir.

Reading through many Indian comments online (newspapers, youtube, twitter), and seeing the sheer volume and diversity of comments critical of Islam and Muslims, it looks to me like this is not the work of an army of paid trolls, but a large section of Hindus in India are genuinely taken in by the Saffron brainwashing.

The other explanation is that these Hindus have always been anti Islam and anti Muslim, but the current political atmosphere has emboldened them to voice their opinions freely and openly.

Either way, the Saffron juggernaut is well and truly moving ahead with great momentum.

I really miss Colonel Hardstone's critical analysis of current events. He was able to give us an Ummah wide perspective on events, and provided a well needed balance to our India centered views.

His twitter handle has also been suspended, so I have no idea how to reach out to him for his perspective. His Humble Heart YouTube channel is only updated once a month or thereabouts.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1010 [Permalink] Posted on 6th November 2021 08:38
Loneliness Theory

Allah SWT does not like deviation in the least bit.

This has implications for real life. Very significant implications.

Long back I realized that we Muslims foolishly ignore this dictum in order to please people.

In case of the Shia people and Iran the Arabs woke up to this stark reality recently.

They made their relationship with Israel smooth.

This is how serious the Shia threat is.

In AMU we make Ismaili Shia people our Chancellor and the historically the Shia people have disproportionate influence.

Luckily a generation ago AMU community took actions to marginalize the communists but they still manage to give us a black eye here or there.

In a post earlier I had communicated that I have decided to have a distance from all these diverse groups.

An inevitable result of this is my own loneliness.

A brother had suggested in the context that it would be better to co-operate with these groups - Shia, Barelwi, Salafi, Lib-Dems and others.

In my view rather than co-operation we should try to have agreements with them as Rasoolallah SAW did in his life with non-Muslims.

In this context we can understand a Deoband attitude that usually irritates me.

I asked a Mufti about Dr Israr Ahmed - his reply was that our Ulama have written books against him.

Same reaction about Dr Zakir Naik.

I have made my attitude towards them clear in my posts and hence I shall not repeat it here.

Barelwis are a different matter.

They work twenty four hours to give us grief.

Indeed a Barelwi (former) friend used to think that Barelwis have made significant contribution to Ummah because of the things like Mumtaz Qadri shooting Salman Taseer and a two boys butchering Kamlesh Tiwari in India.

In Tripura violence apart from Mosque and Qur'an burning there had been insulting sloganeering against our beloved Prophet SAW.

I think the Barelwis do not have any capability to deal with this.

The only round up that I can offer for the issues that I have discussed in this post is that in today's times all historical problems of Muslim Ummah have surfaced together and these are raising their head together.

May be we did things in a wrong way and woke up too many enemies at a time but we have no option but to take on all of them.

It is a big Ummah and we can deal with these problems.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1011 [Permalink] Posted on 6th November 2021 11:59
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Quote:
In my view rather than co-operation we should try to have agreements with them as Rasoolallah SAW did in his life with non-Muslims.

I agree wholeheartedly. This is absolutely the way to go. A "minimum common program," if you will.

I do however empathize with you regarding the spiritually draining aspect of this course of action. It takes days and weeks to heal emotionally from the insensitive outbursts of these "allies."
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1012 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2021 14:03
Muslim Motivational Speakers

I had linked earlier that this Muslim motivational speaker look like me.

Motivational speakers of all sorts have cropped up in last few decades and they have huge following.

I am glad that some Muslims have taken up this activity.

Life has become incredibly diverse. Motivational speaking is just one activity that we Muslims must pay attention to. Reason being Muslims will miss this support system and will turn to Lib-Dem or even Hindus. (Please do not forget that Princess Hind Al-Qassimi of UAE has Sri Sri Ravishankar as a spiritual mentor - this must be completely Haraam. Brothers and sisters must have felt that I am a fan of Princess Hind because she has been tweeting in favour of Indian Muslims.)

And then motivational speaking is just another activity in life. In this video I find that another wonderful motivational speaker, Dr Javed Iqbal, does not have any substantial thing to add.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1013 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2021 15:58
A Colleague's View

When Sir Syed Ahmed Khan established the Mohammedan Anglo Oriental College at Aligarh that later on became the Aligarh Muslim University his objective was to impart the same education to Muslims of India that made the British such a force to reckon with.

Then there is little bit of history, history of freedom struggle and the creation of Pakistan.

Then we come to the present times when Muslims find themselves in a very difficult situation.

For me it is a very natural conclusion that the University that came out of Sir Syed's efforts should pay adequate attention to current political and other problems of Indian Muslims.

It makes me angry that not many of the beneficiaries of Sir Syed's efforts pay attention to this issue.

And when I try to discuss these things with others in the university the reactions are even more irritating.

Just a few moments ago a very senior colleague was advising me to pay more attention to family life.

Frankly speaking even house wives are more concerned with lot of Indian Muslims than my colleagues.

Clearly these colleagues have the view that it is waste of time and effort to pay attention to these issues.

I suppose pogroms happen to such communities whose educated have this attitude.

I am not writing this post to paint a gloomy picture.

We Muslims of India are in a big soup and it requires not only guts and abilities to even think about these issues.

There are many Muslims in India who are paying attention to these issues.

We should take consolation in their efforts rather than the apathy and cowardice of the rest.

I have talked about several people whose efforts I love and there are few more to talk about.

About them I shall write later, IA.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1014 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2021 13:49
End of US Dream

Do you remember that till not too long ago a US citizen here or another there will open fire on civilians for no rhyme or reason and kill a number of people?

Why?

My guess is that it was out of frustration.

US citizen are aggressively assertive and they are confident that if they try they can get anything they want.

My guess is that this strategy was working till now and the things got saturated and striving stopped bringing proportionate rewards.

This started frustrating some of those who could not make it in spite of all the efforts.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1015 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2021 13:58
Feminism

Feminism is one of the most potent social weapons devised by the west against conventional societies like Muslim society.

And it has been used by them against us with most devastating results and we Muslims still have not devised ways to protect us against this onslaught.

Let alone the west but even the Hindus and Muslims take the west as the standard in worldly progress and hence feminism as sacrosanct.

I myself has been writing very little on it.

Feminism has wreaked more havoc on the western society yet even Muslims find little wrong with it.

When I was growing up Professor Madhu Kishwar of Delhi University was a prime example of a feminist.

When I joined my job I read an interview of her in which she admitted that provisions of feminism can not be realized in practical life.

Today she is part of the BJP.

I conclude that she has come to the realization that RSS ideology provides answers to those questions that feminism leaves out.

She has turned into a nasty Islamophobe and hence I am not her fan.

But her life story is a very caustic comment on utility of feminism.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1016 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2021 14:44
When something in modern science resonates with revealed knowledge, it reinforces our faith in the Greatness of Allah Taala through pondering on the complexities of His Creation.

There is an athar of Sayyiduna Abdullah Ibn Abbas RA, which speaks of a fantastic aspect of reality. It is so fantastic, that it needed someone of the caliber of Hujjatul Islam Maulana Qasim Nanotvi RA to reconcile it with the question of Khatme Nubuwwat.

Sir, since you are an expert in the field of string theory, I'm sure you also have an excellent grounding in quantum mechanics, and Schrodinger's wave function, superposition, entanglement, and measurement.

Hugh Everett III proposed the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, and how a collapse of the quantum wave function resulted in the reality we observed. I felt that this has similarities with the athar of Sayyiduna Abdullah ibn Abbas RA, but since I have no more than a high school understanding of quantum physics, perhaps you could chime in with your thoughts.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1017 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2021 13:20
This guy, Mohammed Ali, not only looks like me but has many other inclinations like me.

Just kidding.

But he talks things that are relevant.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1018 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2021 13:36
sharjan8643 wrote:
View original post

Indeed ideally I should be analysing such things my dear.

And in a phase of life when I was passing through some extreme difficulties I did write an article about it.

Over the time I have realized that such endeavors do not lead to very positive results. Hence I did not take the issue again.

Luckily we do not need proof of Islam from science.

We needed Islam even in the pre-scientific era.

We had it in that era.

Then Islam inspired us to do good science for centuries.

The west build up their science on our progress in the same field.

Today they are far ahead of us and indeed they used their scientific and technological progress against us in a most decisive manner.

And to defend ourselves against the western dominance we have to indulge in science and technology.

Muslim world does realize this need and is making efforts in the same direction.

My role in fact belongs to that enterprize.

But then I realized that we Muslims missed not only on the front of science and technology in other areas too.

The west and the Saffronite in India have encroachment upon various spheres of life of Muslims.

I felt that these aspects, social, cultural, political, economic and all that needed more urgent attention.

And that is what I am doing.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1019 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2021 15:47
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Mashallah, Sir, you make an excellent point. It is indeed a fact that the present condition of us Muslims in India demands that we focus our attention on the more pressing matters at hand.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1020 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2021 05:17
Humour of Mufti Tariq Masood Sahab

Swat Video

So, Masha Allah, you have 22 children. What do you do, apart from that?
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: