Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#826 [Permalink] Posted on 13th March 2019 08:19
Maripat wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

This is very common in the West. In fact the woman in the pic is quite conservative compared to some hijab wearing girls in the UK. With some people hijab is a complete joke. Many of them don't even wear it as a religious obligation or out of modesty. You will find women who dont cover their hair at all with more modesty than these type of hijab wearers. With some it's more cultural or to make a statement or just for fashion.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#827 [Permalink] Posted on 13th March 2019 11:13
By now it is about a decade that I have been active on initially SF and later on MS. These ten years have been very excruciating for Muslims in general and those in India. But at the moment I do not know what has happened that I feel so thankful to Allah SWT for my Islam.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#828 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2019 08:20
Can We Free Our Minds in a Postcolonial World?

A Zaytuna Discussion
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#829 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2019 02:54
Our Problem is Spiritual. Don't You Think So?

Our problem is not worldly. Our problem is spiritual. As long as we don't leave Wahn, we can't become world leaders and earn our rightful place. The decline of our dunia is a result of the decay of our soul. Lack of worldly progress is not the root cause but it is the outer-manifestation of the real problem which is spiritual immaturity and lack of intellectual clarity and depth.

When I listen loud horns of huge cars on the road, I smell pride and show off in those who are driving them. When I see Indian and Western customs being practiced in marriage and death ceremonies, I smell ignorance of deen and influence of Hindu and Western culture due to the inferiority complex of Muslims who are blind muqallids of kuffar. When I see people arguing knowingly that they are on the wrong and the other person is right, I can sense pride and stuborness. When I see secular minded confused parents quarreling with their Islamic minded children on issues like beard, niqab, finding pious spouse for marriage, learning religious education and swapping the company of the worldly with that of the pious, I can clearly see a disturbing clash of two very different and opposing ideologies under a single roof.

Our actions are a manifestation of our inner condition. This is why I say that OUR PROBLEM IS SPIRITUAL AND NOT MATERIAL. Unless we don't solve our spiritual problem our worldly problems are not going anywhere. Our individual resources and successes can't help the ummah until we don't have a true khilafah. For that we need men of courage who are clear in mind and strong in faith and will. Whether we have scientific knowledge or not doesn't make a difference until and unless we don't sort out our souls and minds first. Our individual and local effort can't bring true global change. We need political authority based upon the teachings of Quran and Sunnah to bring such a change.

So in order to establish a khilafah we need Scientists of Soul (True Aulia) and not Scientists of Nature.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#830 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2019 07:01
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

After thinking for a few days I still have to sort it out - it is complicated.

No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#831 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2019 07:28
Maripat wrote:
View original post

I support you Sir! You are doing what you are able to do and you are doing at the best of your ability. Under your circumstances your strategy is correct. So carry on and don't mind my emotional outbursts. After all, we have a huge age difference and I need to learn a lot. My latest concept to which I have finally settled down is to focus on our own iman and improve our salah. That salah is not just an act of worship but a true institution which can do our tazkiyah. It's a university. We need to recognize it as an instituion by learning dhikr, Quran, durood (Seerah) and true concept of dua. If we focus on these four pillars of salah then we can strengthen our bond with Allah and know how to live and face the challenges of this world. I am also not satisfied with current institutions of Islam like madaris, tabligh and khanqah. I have some difference of opinion. Therefore, we need to strengthen our salah and convert it into a foundational institution of deen and not just an empty act of worship or custom.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#832 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2019 06:12
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Mashallah that is some very deep insight.

However, it is from the Seerah that one effort takes precedence over another depending on circumstances and ground realities. While a perpetual and concerted effort towards spiritual reformation is extremely important, there are pressing matters of immediate concern that need to be tackled side by side, such as political engagement, dawah, economic and social uplift, education, and health, among others. We have various groups who are fulfilling these fard kifaya for the ummah, so we cannot disregard or undervalue any one of them. We need to support these efforts as well, to the best of our abilities, which means that under all circumstances, we should at the minimum engage in dua for all these individuals and their efforts.

Professor Maripat Sahab is an irreplaceable gem for the Ummah in the effort that he has taken upon himself. May Allah taala guide him, and grant him afiyah and success.
+4 -0Like x 3Ameen x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#833 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2019 12:54
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

So how do we improve the quality of salah ? Would appreciate a separate thread on the subject,so that we don’t unnecessarily encroach the space here on this thread.

I have a feeling it will prove beneficial to all of us,InshaAllah

The intention,the physical acts,the discipline of Jamat and masjid,the Imam(his status,taqwa and ilm),the strict adherence to the Usool of following Imam in all his acts,the spiritual and social implications of congregational prayers,the spirit of salah,which is ‘uboodiyyat’ (and how to achieve it),the kafiyyat of ehsan in salah ( ان تعبد الله كانك تراه فان لم تكن تراه فانه يراك),the sense that as if we see Allah in salah,because if we don’t see him,we are certainly being watched by Him....

See,if we can really achieve excellence in salah,separate from the rest of our efforts for Din,from our social and political life,from our Madrasah and khanqah ?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#834 [Permalink] Posted on 25th April 2019 08:15
An obscene news. Remember it is a pat accusation of our western critics to slap such stereotyping views on Muslims.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#835 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2019 08:48
Javed Ahmed Ghamidi Redux

Beloved Prophet SAW said that in his community, Ummah, there will be born a Mujaddid, Reviver of Islam, every hundred years.

From the theological point of view this is an onerous task.

Clearly there will be many people who will by vying for a place in the sunshine. There will be a number of people who will be hoping and even working very diligently and most sincerely towards this goal. This is no small honour.

It is also clear that not many of these will pass the muster of being the Mujaddid. After all the number of Mujaddids has to be small, in case we stretch the Hadith to include more than one Mujaddids in a period of hundred years.

Does Javed Ahmed Ghamidi pass the test of being a Mujaddid?

I would like to argue against this proposition.

Javed Ahmed Ghamidi is merely a ripple, not a storm by any stretch of imagination or even charity, in the tea-cup. In the tradition of those people who put their efforts in the service of Islam he is cog in the wheel that is more of an hindrance than a help. He is a beneficiary, and not a contributor, of the tradition of Syed Abul Ala Maududi, Hameeduddin Farahi and Amin Ahmed Islahi. He has all the follies of these scholars and none of the achievements.

Sadly he has invested his life in this pursuit but is in the process of ending up a damp squib in the field of Islamic theology. He did began with the most ambitious project of speaking like an authority on Islam but in face of the disagreement of the conservative Islamic scholars kept changing his stance over the time and by now he is left with a naught, cipher and zilch in his kitty , except for one thing - he insists that the youth should defy the traditional and conservative scholars.

People at large have certainly failed to diagnose his psychological physiology and this has lead to a lot of grief for the common unsuspecting guileless youth.

Javed Ahmed Ghamidi would be classified in the category what Eric Berne in his famous book Games People Play calls the repressors.

Repressors are the people who can suppress the most traumatic feelings. Here is an example. In a psychology research project students were given the task of completing the sentence : " He hit his room partner between the legs..."
The student who was classified as a repressor completed the sentence in this way: but he was only trying to switch off the light with a kick. This boy turned a very tense situation into a mundane one, even if still painful.

In what way is this classification relevant for Javed Ahmed Ghamidi? To appreciate that you have to watch only a few of his videos where he confronted by the conservative scholars, Ulam, plural of Alim, Maulawi. These are mostly young Ulama. Mr Javed Ahmed Ghamidid is invariably, without exception, most curteous and most polite. That is true even when the interlocutor is very hostile or even scathing.

So what is the upshot of it? Well people disagree with him, criticize him, confront him and present the conflicting view to him. He is fazed only temporarily and his repressor dynamics does the processing in a matter of seconds and he is back to his usual suave, soft and amicable personality.

The effect on the interlocutor is the opposite. I doubt any traditional scholar has confronted him who himself is a suppressor.

Hence Javed Ahmed Ghamidi goes on and his interlocutors do not return.

But it does not mean he is completely unaffected. He is affected. He revises his view and revises his books and by now his has given up his position on nearly all of the earlier fancy stands.

His Bhakts stick to him. That is Bhakt psychology. When an idol falls they cry but they do not accept that the message of their idol was in itself wrong.

The only thing that is left with him now is the view that the modern youth should question the traditional Ulama and overthrow them. This is very sweet to modern youth's hearing. And the life goes on with Javed Ahmed Ghamidi telling the youth what they want to hear. Whether it is Islam or not is immaterial. After all we are at work - redesigning Islam.

Source : FB
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#836 [Permalink] Posted on 26th May 2019 04:26
Why I say that the Problem is Spiritual and not Material?

Watch the video below. You will understand better that why I consistently and persistently advocate this fact that our problem is more spiritual than material. We don't lack resources. We don't lack expertise. We are able to build nuclear weapons if we have the will to do. We can build ballistic missiles and top notch fighting aircrafts.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYNdV9MA6S4

What we lack is the will. The khudi. The confidence to achieve. The boldness to dare. The attitude of success. Positive thinking. The mindset of progress.

The world doesn't take mercy on the ones who whine. The world doesn't respect the weak. Only the strong are respected. And in order to gain material strength you first have to gain spiritual and mental strength. Lack of resources are not the real hurdles. The real hurdle is your own mind. If you make up your mind then resources automatically come to you as you progress in the path. First thing to do is make up your mind, then adopt the right attitude and then start doing the thing which needs to be done.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#837 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2019 09:28
Where are the guys? Why has the forum gone silent?
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#838 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2019 09:39
My Pending Work Here

I have been active here for a long time and yet my home work is not complete at all.

Please do not accuse me of lack of efficiency - I shall not accept those charges. The matter of fact is that I have taken a very extensive and difficult task on myself and sadly I have not got any support. I am not very persuasive when it comes to seeking help. Those charges I shall accept.

So here is a list, a partial one, of the pending tasks.

1. To report on Hayat-e-Jveed by Altaf Hussain Hali. This is Sir Syed Ahmed Khan's biography.

2. To report on Shahabnama. This is the life experience of a Pakistani bureaucrat.

3. To complete reports on Mukhtar Masood's writings, another Pakistani bureaucrat.

4. To complete report on Edward Said's work, in particular the Orientalism.

5. To complete the report on Good Muslim Bad Muslim by Professor Mehmood Mamdani

6. To write report on AG Noorani's works

7. To complete report on Pankaj Mishra's work.

8. To write a report on John L. Esposito's work.

9. Write a report on Dr Israr Ahmed's work.

10. To complete the report on Muslim Dawah people like Maulana Rehmatullah Kairanvi, Shaikh Ahmed Deedat, Dr Zakir Naik and the Dayees active in America.

11. To complete the task of assessing the encroachment on Ummah's space by the west.

12. To complete the assessment of the situation of Indian Muslims.

13. To spell out a course of future action by Ummah at global level and Muslims in India.

14. To compile a report on the Palastine issue.

That, guys, is a lot of work. As I said earlier you are all welcome to participate in this task and ease my work. You'll get credit in hereafter that will not by surpassed by anybody, Lord Most High willing, in present times.
+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#839 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2019 10:23
Where is the good news for us?

At international level we keep getting bad news for Muslims - though I try to cover the positive news too.

In India it is incessant pouring down of negative news for us.

In such an environment it becomes very difficult to keep a positive mood.

Yet I keep trying to find the good news. Please do help me in this task - to find good news items.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#840 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2019 09:31
100 Direct Commands of Allah SWT

1. Do not be rude in speech (3:159)
2. Restrain Anger (3:134)
3. Be good to others (4:36)
4. Do not be arrogant (7:13)
5. Forgive others for their mistakes (7:199)
6. Speak to people mildly (20:44)
7. Lower your voice (31:19)
8. Do not ridicule others (49:11)
9. Be dutiful to parents(17:23)
10. Do not say a word of disrespect to parents (17:23)
11. Do not enter parents’ private room without asking permission (24:58)
12. Write down the debt (2:282)
13. Do not follow anyone blindly (2:170)
14. Grant more time to repay if the debtor is in hard time (2:280)
15. Don’t consume interest (2:275)
16. Do not engage in bribery (2:188)
17. Do not break the promise (2:177)
18. Keep the trust (2:283)
19. Do not mix the truth with falsehood (2:42)
20. Judge with justice between people (4:58)
21. Stand out firmly for justice (4:135)
22. Wealth of the dead should be distributed among his family members (4:7)
23. Women also have the right for inheritance (4:7)
24. Do not devour the property of orphans (4:10)
25. Protect orphans (2:220)
26. Do not consume one another’s wealth unjustly (4:29)
27. Try for settlement between people (49:9)
28. Avoid suspicion (49:12)
29. Do not spy and backbite (2:283)
30. Do not spy or backbite (49:12)
31. Spend wealth in charity (57:7)
32. Encourage feeding poor (107:3)
33. Help those in need
by finding them (2:273)
34. Do not spend money extravagantly (17:29)
35. Do not invalidate charity with reminders (2:264)
36. Honor guests (51:26)
37. Order righteousness to people only after practicing it yourself(2:44)
38. Do not commit abuse on the earth (2:60)
39. Do not prevent people from mosques (2:114)
40. Fight only with those who fight you (2:190)
41. Keep the etiquettes of war (2:191)
42. Do not turn back in battle (8:15)
43. No compulsion in religion (2:256)
44. Believe in all prophets (2:285)
45. Do not have sexual intercourse during menstrual period (2:222)
46. Breast feed your children for two complete years (2:233)
47. Do not even approach unlawful sexual intercourse (17:32)
48. Choose rulers by their merit (2:247)
49. Do not burden a person beyond his scope (2:286)
50. Do not become divided (3:103)
51. Think deeply about the wonders and creation of this universe (3:191)
52. Men and Women have equal rewards for their deeds (3:195)
53. Do not marry those in your blood relation (4:23)
54. Family should be led by men (4:34)
55. Do not be miserly (4:37)
56. Do not keep envy (4:54)
57. Do not kill each other (4:92)
58. Do not be an advocate for deceit (4:105)
59. Do not cooperate in sin and aggression (5:2)
60. Cooperate in righteousness (5:2)
61. ’Having majority’ is not a criterion of truth (6:116)
62. Be just (5:8)
63. Punish for crimes in an exemplary way (5:38)
64. Strive against sinful and unlawful acts (5:63)
65. Dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine are prohibited (5:3)
66. Avoid intoxicants and alcohol (5:90)
67. Do not gamble (5:90)
68. Do not insult others’ deities (6:108)
69. Don’t reduce weight or measure to cheat people (6:152)
70. Eat and Drink, But Be Not Excessive (7:31)
71. Wear good cloths during prayer times (7:31)
72. protect and help those who seek protection (9:6)
73. Keep Purity (9:108)
74. Never give up hope of God’s Mercy (12:87)
75. God will forgive those who have done wrong out of ignorance (16:119)
76. Invitation to God should be with wisdom and good instruction (16:125)
77. No one will bear others’ sins (17:15)
78. Do not kill your children for fear of poverty (17:31)
79. Do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge (17:36)
80. Keep aloof from what is vain (23:3)
81. Do not enter others’ houses without seeking permission (24:27)
82. God will provide security for those who believe only in God (24:55)
83. Walk on earth in humility (25:63)
84. Do not neglect your portion of this world (28:77)
85. Invoke not any other god along with God (28:88)
86. Do not engage in homosexuality (29:29)
87. Enjoin right, forbid wrong (31:17)
88. Do not walk in insolence through the earth (31:18)
89. Women should not display their finery (33:33)
90. God forgives all sins (39:53)
91. Do not despair of the mercy of God (39:53)
92. Repel evil by good (41:34)
93. Decide on affairs by consultation (42:38)
94. Most noble of you is the most righteous (49:13)
95. No Monasticism in religion (57:27)
96. Those who have knowledge will be given a higher degree by God (58:11)
97. Treat non-Muslims in a kind and fair manner (60:8)
98. Save yourself from covetousness (64:16)
99. Seek forgiveness of God. He is Forgiving and Merciful (73:20)
100. Do not repel one who asks (93:10)

Source : Taken from Facebook for reference
+2 -0Winner x 3

Jump to page: