Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#166 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2014 05:35
Maripat wrote:
View original post

True..
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#167 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2014 06:06
Thus Spake Hazrat Shaikh

There is a saying of my beloved Shaikh Hazrat Hakim Muhammed Kalimullah Sahab (HA) that I have recorded earlier but it is worth repeating again and again till it becomes part of our psyche.

In a nutshell here it is: Focus on content and not the style.

It is a useful advice and it has implications.

Do not delay your message for lack of enticing style.
To do the things in style is not your duty.
Obviously if you do the things in style then it does not turn them into undesirable.
The point is that neither get too impressed by style nor damage your message by waiting for becoming stylishly perfect.

It is alright if you do not have the elan of a Malala Yusufzai.
Message of Allah (SWT) is serious one and glamour and seriousness do not go together.

It is alright if you do not have the power of US behind you.
Allah (SWT) does not make you responsible for more than the power He has bestowed upon you.
(In fact without the backing of Allah (SWT) power is powerless.)

It is alright if you do not have the intellectual powers of the so called chosen people - the Jewish, people, the Brahmins and the Shia.
You are responsible for defending Islam upto your own intellectual level.

It is alright if you do not have the enticing voice like the singers of east and west - music is extremely confusing trait.
Convey your message of Islam in your normal prose. You need not sing it.

You do not have to be fiery orator or a sweet talker or a crafty manipulator to convey the teachings of Islam.
+8 -0Like x 6Winner x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#168 [Permalink] Posted on 6th November 2014 13:45

Maripat wrote:
View original post

What is your or thoughts of others  on Rajdeep Sardesai's new book 2014: The Election that Changed India ?

Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#169 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2014 07:24
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

It is difficult to read books on every relevant topic and hence it is unlikely that I'll buy that book and go through it but I do intend to leaf through the press coverage of the book because of his reputation as a journalist. I also intend to do a post on my impressions.

Rank Image
UK
Brother
#170 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2014 10:20

Maripat wrote:
View original post

How is his reputation?

Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#171 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2014 08:10
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I got to read some excerpts of the book online and his interview.

he is a very well known face in Indian, earlier print and now TV, journalism.

In 2002 he was amongst most vocal journalists against the Gujrat carnage.
Being a Gujrati himself the reputation of his state was at stake and even my friends felt that he was overreacting in the sense that things do not become right just because you are screaming at the top of your voice against the atrocities.

In the present book he asserts that it was Pravin Togadia who was more responsible for Gujrat 2002 and not Modi who was only six months into power. Another thing he says that the book is about 2014 Indian Elections and not 2002 Gujrat Carnage. For me this is a fine distinction and not a valid one. Effectively it is a back handed effort to make amends with Modi for latter is a reality that can not be ignored.

The thought that has been coming to my mind for last few days is the following - Muslims of India had a serious problem at their hands for long and now that is reduced to solely their problem. The liberal (combined with leftist) milieu of India has by now proved to be ineffective in its task of protecting the minorities in India, especially Muslims. they are on their own. 67 years mean two full and complete generations and waiting and trials hopes and expections from external quarters have run their full course several times and Muslims better realize that they have none but Allah (SWT) on their side.

And He is sufficient for us.

Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#172 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2014 05:00
Then There is ISIS or IS

Every group of people might be divided into three subgroups : Liberals, Moderates and Hardliners.

One has to superimpose on this profile an overall profile of the whole group. For example the moderates of a hard line group are in fact hardliners.

In India RSS is a hard line group.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee was considered a moderate voice in BJP - an RSS controlled political party.
Nothing moderate about him actually.
A moderate of a hard line group is indeed a hardliner.

Islam too creates its own group of people - Miillia Islamia or Islamic Ummah.
In its nature Islam is a moderate worldview.
A hardliner from Islam is not a person to be detested.
His or her hardlining attitude is unlikely to become obnoxious for his ultimate goal is Islam - a moderate ideology.

To reach the level of obnoxiousness is impossible in Islam.
One has to be extremely hardliner to do that.
And that is not allowed in Islam.

"A person devoid of softness is devoid of goodness", said beloved Rasoolallah (SAW).

To dilute Islam by adopting additional softness is a possibility.
For example only those workers of Jama-at warm up your heart who are associated with that work with fanatical zeal.

And then there is ISIS or ISIL or IS - the Islamic State.

The world has taken a note of their presence because of their inherent moderation, because of Islam, has been overshadowed by their hard line position.

Liberal elements of Ummah are inconsequential because of the political environment in the contemporary world.
Moderate elements, the real Ummah, of Islam too are ineffective because of the same reason.
Islamic State knew that and adopted the hard line posture.
And got noticed - to say the least.

The western world is astounded at the juggernaut unleashed by the Islamic State.

They thought that they were the wise ones for they were powerful.
They no more look wise. On the contrary they look silly at the moment.

And what went wrong?

Well earlier west meant the Europe and particularly the UK.
Today the west means the US.
US is natural successor of Europe in general and UK in particular.

US took UK's earlier Imperial arrogance and supplemented it by its own arrogance.
And they went on to impose their own values on the rest of the world.

Many people in the world submitted to US power, charm and economic glitter.
India, China, Arab world and the so called far east - in summary whole world fell for the US magic.
They bartered their values in exchange for the western materialism.

Except for a few young men in the fold of Islam.
Who are by now joined by a handful of western youth in a common cause.
They are small in numbers but the world fears them the most today.

The west, US in particular, would not have them at their hands had they if they would have taken into consideration that Islam has its own value system and Muslims do take it seriously.

US thought that a puppet Karzai in Afghanistan or a puppet Nuri al-Maliki is all they in Afghanistan and Iraq, respectively to deal with the Islamic world.

At the moment US and the western entities combined are not winning.
Moreover them themselves are sure that they do not look like winners in the immediate future.
If they talk about fifty year battle with the Islamic State in future then it only means one thing - they foresee no victory.
Adding fifty years is merely a weak euphemism - a metaphor to sugarcoat the unpleasant reality.
West faces the problem of graceful exit in face of bloody onslaught the the Islamic State.

And then, sooner or late, we the rest of the Muslims have to worry about our own interests.
West is unlikely to haunt us with a menacing presence anytime soon.
For that we should be thankful to God.

Of course by the time the Islamic State reaches your door its temper should cool down - if they are believers.

And Allah (SWT) knows the best.

Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#173 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2014 06:29
Glittering Oil

The Earth will spill out its hidden treasures at the end times, goes a Hadith.

Can the Gulf oil be called a treasure? I think so.

Oil is carbon fuel.
Diamond is carbon.
If the latter is a treasure then so is the former.

Clear one huge treasure has been spit out by the Earth.

Gold as a treasure was known to the world even in Prophetic times.
Oil was not.
Same goes about many other minerals that are precious at the end of the day.
As a result of this the world has become a very prosperous place.
A middle class family enjoys many luxuries today that kings of the yore never dreamt of.
For example their houses might not be as spacious as the palaces of the kings of yesterday but there are other luxurioes that were not available to the kings of past.

Think about the life styles of rich and famous - so called famous.
They leave you speechless.

The Earth has silled out its treasures and you are a witness to its effects.
Acknowledge it and realize that the endtimes are dangerously close.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#174 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2014 04:57
You, Islam and Them

We live in the real world.

Even after we realize that we must live our lives according to Islam the things are not so simple.
The number of people who have come to the same realization is always small.
Allah (SWT) said in the Noble Qur'an that the number people who take heed is small.
This was revealed to the people who were the best amongst the common people.
Situation in our times is manifestly worse.
The number of the people who realize that Islam is the way of life is small.

Out of those people the number of people who are ready to implement the teachings of Islam in real life is even smaller.

In fact we are constantly in touch and in the company of those people who think that it is a silly sentiment to think of implementing Islam and its teachings in our life.

Nothing to say about non-Muslims. We were so far talking about Muslims.
For the rest of the world a person thinking of implementing Islam in real life is to be looked with distrust.
In fact many Muslims are of the same view.
It was well known in the Qaddhafi regime that a boy keeping a beard or appearing in Fajr Salah was told to enjoy life.
Hint was subtle. Forget about implementing Islam and enjoy life.
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#175 [Permalink] Posted on 13th November 2014 02:13
Recently I'm noticing many tweets and hashtags regarding AMU's policy about girls. What happened actually?
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#176 [Permalink] Posted on 14th November 2014 07:03
Finding it difficult to connect because of my personal connection dropping down to zero speed and university blocking FB.

Might comment on it later.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#177 [Permalink] Posted on 15th November 2014 07:07
Maulana Azad Library Access Controversy

Aligarh Muslim University has a big library called Maulana Azad Library that enjoys the status of a National Library - there being very fiew National Libraries of similar status in India.

At some point of time Muslims of India, particularly AMU, thought of women's education and established its Women's College. It is also called Abdullah College after its founder.

These people were wise people and it was not hidden from them that the Women's College will need a library and indeed they saw to it that our girls were not deprived of that crucial ingredient of higher education.

Hence Women's College has a very well equipped library.
It had to be there for Muslim parents will send their daughters to Aligarh only if they are sure that their daughters will get education in a sheltered and protected environment.
This library has always been there.

But then there is the library that is older one and out side the Women's college Campus - Maulana Azad Library.
Undoubtedly it will always remain more equipped as compared to any other library in the university.
Yes there are libraries all around in the campus - colleges, departments, schools all have libraries.
That is how it should be.

Maulana Azad Library is accessible to all undergraduate boys and postgraduate boys and girls.
And yes girls do access it.

The only hitch is the undergraduate girls who are residing in Women's College.
For who there is a very well equipped library on their private campus - accessible to girls only.

And then there is national media of India and the detractors of Muslims as well as Islam.
They have gone to the town telling the world that AMU is barring girls from the library.

Above mentioned technicalities become mere technicalities in the middle of huge media frenzy in which the enemies of Islam have found a huge weakness in it.
+3 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#178 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2014 09:41
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Maripat Saheb,

What are your thoughts on DelhiDialogue of AAP?

Jzk
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#179 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2014 03:44
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I have sort of disconnected myself from such political developments.
AAP has to elements: Nationalist and Naxalite.
You know about nationalist elements - they might turn against you without notice.
( I remember a pungent episode. Nana Patekar, a staunch nationalist, insisted that Sanjay Dutt serve his jail sentence and was very voceferous about it. No one believes that Sanjay Dutt will even think of doing any damage to India but a nationalist will not forgive him because he bought a gun-an expansive toy.)
Naxalites I dislike, again.
So many people have pinned their hopes on AAP but personally I find no ray of light in that direction.
I do not have a proposal for way out but I do feel that Muslims of India should stop feeling ashamed of their faith.
Many people will not like it but these very same people and their predecessors have failed to deliver goods to Muslims.

Rank Image
UK
Brother
#180 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2014 13:20

Maripat wrote:
View original post

An old acquaintance of mine grew up with Sanjay’s mother, went to School with her etc and he believed her to be a very decent person. Sanjay takes a lot of inspiration from his mother and also appears to be a decent person; heck of a lot better than some of the Muslims; may Allah (SWT) give him Hidayah.

Muslims of India (numerically) are unable to assert themselves in certain locations of India (currently) so don’t you think AAP is a better hope than all the other lot? If AAP continues to focus on Anti-Corruption and development then it has to be a good thing for Muslims, no?

What are your thoughts on the success of Owaisi Brothers in Maharashtra? I was really surpised about that...

Jump to page: