Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#136 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2014 05:36
American Jews' Hopes Soar High

NEW YORK: For American Jewish Committee(AJC) one of oldest Jewish advocacy groups in the US, Prime Minister Narendra Modi heralds hope of a “warmer” and “deeper” relationship with Israel.

The expectations of AJC have not been belied, with both Modi and his Israeli counterpart Binyamin Netanyahu coordinating their schedules during a manic itinerary to meet on Sunday evening. It would be their first face-to-face encounter.

Prior to the meeting with Netanyahu, Modi would hold talks with the AJC representatives at New York Palace Hotel. In doing so, Modi would be continuing a tradition followed by all Indian PMs, since, the late Narasimha Rao’s meeting with the Jewish-American lobby groups during his trip to the US. “This is actually not the first time we are meeting. An AJC delegation had met Modi when he was Chief Minister of Gujarat,” Jason Isaacson, AJC Director of Government and International Affairs, said in an exclusive interview.

“It was a very positive meeting and we came out with a clearer sense on his views about strengthening ties with Israel... and identification with Israel,” he said.

Now, with Modi as PM, he said, there was every hope for “even warmer, robust and deeper relationship with Israel”.

While the BJP- NDA has a reputation of being pro-Israel, Isaacson, who refused to draw parallels between the current dispensation and the previous UPA Government, reminded that it was under Congress PM Rao that full diplomatic relations between the two countries began.

The Modi Government had faced a challenge soon after it came to power when Israel started a major military offensive in Gaza, after Hamas rockets were fired from the occupied territories. New Delhi had given a strong statement, almost rebuking Israel for the violence, but the Opposition parties seeing a weak link here, asked for a debate in Parliament. The government had first demurred, saying that a debate could impact foreign relations and then agreed, but without passing a resolution condemning the Israeli action.

On the new government’s vote against Israel in UNHRC, Isaacson said it was understandable as India “followed traditional voting pattern” on the Palestine cause. “A result of its history and relationship with other non-aligned countries,” he said.

The role of AJC had been rather useful during the process to steer the India-specific legislation for a civil nuclear deal through the US Congress. Isaacson himself played a key role, but the continuing inability to implement the nuclear deal by India due to the liability issue has proved a major disappointment.

“The fruits of that relationship has to be realised,” he said, indicating that ACJ would like to see some progress on this.

US Lawmakers, Guv for Madison Event

New York: Three US Senators, one Governor and 34 Congressmen will be attending Narendra Modi’s address to the Indian-American community at Madison Square Garden here on Sunday morning.They include Robert Menendez, New Jersey Senator and Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee and Nikki Haley, the second Indian-American Governor.

A mere 52-Member entourage

Washington: For his most important diplomatic outreach, since taking over as the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi is travelling with just 52 members in his delegation. Further, the main delegation has only 15 members, including External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh. (Indian Express)
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#137 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2014 11:21
Even the developed countries have their own problems; Last week my relative has shared his experience after visiting US.

From net:

Though most Americans have still never come across one, these retro pests are spreading extremely quickly across American and Canadian cities.

Detection of infestations:

There has been a spate of infestations in New York City hotels, leading to many online bedbug registries purporting to list recent bedbug hotspots. The presence of the little critters has prodded the media out of their somnolence, since they are not sleeping well these days in NYC hotels. News programs and talk shows have regular bed bug segments these days.
The same unfortunate situation has also engulfed many college dormitories and administration buildings all over the country. It is thought students' habit of scavenging used furniture has a lot to do with the spread, and their transference of the bugs to private residences. Bed bugs have been found in hospital maternity wards, private schools, even doctor's waiting rooms! [3]

Bed bugs have also been cited for infestations at many public and University libraries across the United States. It seems the lil buggers like to hide in the books after the person reading in bed falls asleep, and travel to and from the library in the spine or other hiding places in the book itself [5]. The Denver Public library was forced to ban one user over his continuing return of materials that had been infested by bed bugs. The cost to the library was cited at over $12,000 for decontamination and replacement of materials that had to be destroyed [6].

Bed bugs can be detected often by looking for dark fecal stains on bedding. Occasionally an engorged bedbug is killed or crushed, resulting in a visible smear of blood and a sickly-sweet odor. Though bedbug bites can occur singly, they often follow a distinctive pattern of a linear group of three bites, often humorously term "breakfast, lunch and dinner" by those victimized.

The effect of these bites varies from person to person, but often cause welts and swelling that are more itchy and longer-lasting than mosquito bites. Others have little or no reaction to bedbug bites. Those whose bodies do not initially react may subsequently develop symptoms, however, due to an allergic reaction caused by the development of antigens.

With the widespread use of DDT in the 1940s and '50s, bedbugs all but disappeared from North America in the mid-twentieth century. Infestations remained common in many other parts of the world, however, and in recent years have begun to rebound in North America.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#138 [Permalink] Posted on 16th October 2014 14:23

Maripat wrote:
View original post

What are your thoughts on this paragraph?

www.firstpost.com/politics/narendra-modis-secret-sauce-wh...

What applies to the hitherto poorer castes and classes applies equally to the young Muslim, who is moving away from the "secular" parties to those created by, of and for Muslims - AUDF, MIM, etc. This is because he realises that the old elite took him for a ride in the name of secularism. The young Muslim wants the same things that other citizens do, and patronising support for his faith from phony secularists is not a good enough compensation for his vote. The young Indian Muslim too has evolved. His faith is important to him, but so is his citizenship.

No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#139 [Permalink] Posted on 19th October 2014 11:17
+2 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#140 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2014 04:10
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I tend to agree.
But this may be because of the fact that I myself am fed up with the so called secular politicians of majority community in India and am in the process of turning to those Muslims who want to lead Muslims themselves using a secular framework. I find that pragmatic because, after all, in India Muslims are in a minority.

I personally interact with Mr Salim Pirzada of Parcham Party of India. Google him and his party and Nazim Ilahi has posted a few clips by him on You Tube. You'll enjoy his speeches.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#141 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2014 16:02

Victim of Love Jihad speaks:

Halalified YT Audio

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#142 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2014 05:33
A very senior professor of Physics said:
Quote:
"For a long time I looked on my pen as a sword; now I know how powerless we are." is what Jean Paul Sartre has said. Suddenly, I found words for own my recent experiences. "For a long time I have thought issues could be easily decided on merits; now I know how powerless we are."

This is a clear realization of insignificance of us human beings.
It reaches near spiritual realization.
But the person writing is not a Muslim.
Is it not a Mercy from Lord Most High that a Muslim gets to learn such profound things from day one?
Stop idolozing the west and its values and its glamour and its shining and its glory and its grandeur and its power and and its prosperity.
Ultimately you are better equipped than the west even if you are looking silly in your simplicity.
Even if you are lacking in luster.
Even if you look dull in their comparison.
Even if you do not look glorious.
And to tell you the truth you have seen power gandeur and glory of your own.
And even today your star is rising.
Give the non-Islamic values a boot.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#143 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2014 21:57

Maripat wrote:
View original post

Halalified YT Audio

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#144 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2014 04:31
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah Khan Sahab for halalifying the video.
The speaker is Mr Saleem Pirzada, National President of Parcham Party of India.
He has a Barelwi orientation but believes in inclusive politics. An excellent orator and a fervant Aligarian he has completely dedicated himself to secular politics with Muslim leadership.
Last one might sound contradictory but real politic should have ample room for it.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#145 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2014 04:41
This sinner gives a metaphor to students.
In real life different things come together to make our life difficult.
The same is true for Islam and Muslims in general.

And we have to face all of these problems.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#146 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2014 10:39

Maripat wrote:
View original post

He comes across as very sincere, I am listeneing to some more to see what he is all about, Insha'Allah.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#147 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2014 04:22
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I too feel the same.
But Allah (SWT) has His own decisions. So far Mr Pirzada has not been successful in translating his ideas into concrete results. Not a single electoral success has come his way. He is a loving person but he is also capable of being insulting and hence today he has very few people who are close to him. In spite of having dedicated his life to the cause of political empowerment of Muslims in India he has made little difference to Indian politics except for some activties that he did in his student days. He is a trained engineer and worked for ten years in the gulf and then came back to take politics once again. In fact he took his job in the gulf just as a temperary measure to become financially independent. Till today Muslims of India can not put their trust in Muslim leadership. Nehru, Indira, Rajiv Gandhi, VP Singh, Mulayam Singh are acceptable to them as their leaders but not the people like Saleem Pirzada.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#148 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2014 05:25
Kurdish Fighters in Kobane

The western media has been reporting as if the situation is about to take a U-turn against the Islamic State.

Kobane may not fall to Istamic State, said a British commander.
Turkey allows pass to Kurdish fighters.
Peshmarga fighters leaving for Kobane, said another BBC report.
Kurdish militia about to enter Kobane via Iraq.
Peshmarga fighters enter Kobane, said another report.

And then read the text.
How many fighters in Kurdish militiamen against the Islamic State?
How many entered Kobane?

What kind of hype is that?
"Dreaded" Al-Qaida could not contain ISIS.
Now the US and Europe is expecting ten Kurds to do the needful.
It is pathetic.

Who knows these are the black flags rising from Khurasan which will not be stopped by anyone - as per a Hadith.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#149 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2014 07:58
Dr Malih Ahmed Siddiqui

More I think about this world, less I like it.

I was just having a look at my blogs.
Had not touched them for a year.
In the blog feed there were blogs that were in a similar state - not updated for a long time.
What happened to those people who I cherished for some time?
Was my relationship so fragile that I did not think of them for so long?
Were there love for us so fragile that they did not think of us for so long?

And then there are Dr Malih Ahmed Siddiqui's blogs.
Not updated for last two years.
He simply left us.

Jane wale hamari mehfil se
Tu chand taron ko sath leta ja
Hum khizan se nibah kar lenge
Tu baharon ko sath leta ja

O the departing one
Take the stars and the moon with you
We'll survive in the autumn
Take the spring with you

And why is this pain of separation so strong?

We know the answer.
Love for the sake of Allah is the real love.
That much is eas and simple and it is within our control.

And once you love for the sake of Allah (SWT) then other things follow automatically.
The things that you can not earn yourself.
For these come as blessings from our Lord Most High.

For exaample the sheer intensity of love when you love for the sake of Allah (SWT).

And we are thankful to our Lord Most High for the same pain of love that we feel for our beloved Dr Abu Tamim.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#150 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2014 05:49
Two Hundred and Fifty Years of Solitude

A friend of mine said that we Muslims have been getting a beating for last two hundred and fifty years.

It is easy to understand in the Indian context.
Muslims should mourn more the loss of India as compared to the loss of Spain from the fold of Muslims.

In 1757 the British East India Company defeated Sirajuddaula, the Nawab of Bengal, (who had French support).
And since then it has been a downwards spiral for us.

This sinner finds himself a sort of a near complete loner and a consumate misfit in this period of solitude.
But i consider it as the last phase of this sorry state of affairs of Muslims.

Why this state of lonliness and lack of well adjustment?

Beacuse the community to which I belong, the Muslims, still have the overall opinion that we Muslims should try our best to fit in the mold designed by the non-Islamic world - the west. That is the view of the majority of Muslims. West is their ideal, not Islam. Nor beloved Prophet peace and Mercy of Allah(SWT) be upon him.

In this bleak scenario how does this sinner conclude that the path of Islam is the right path in spite of the fact that even amongst Muslims this opinion is a minority opinion.

Now that is an easy question to answer.
But it is difficult to digest it.

Allah (SWT) Himself says in the Noble Qur'an that the number of those people who accept the truth is small.
And then we are witnessing the grotesque situation in which even Muslims still fall into the category of those who think that Islam is a personal matter and we at least should shut our mouth about it or, even better, be ashamed of it.

If you do not adopt that line of thinking then you are exposing yourself to be a target of many an epithets.
You are anachronous, outdated, rigid, fanatic, fundamentalist and I leave out the more damning titles.

So why am I still opimistic?
Because I do feel that we are very close to the end times.
(But I do not insist to be dogmatic about it - knowledge of the end times is certainly with our Lord Most high.)
And endtimes are favourible for Muslims - in spite of the fact that Ummah is to face the most difficult Fitnah - the Dajjal.
But then you will have the Mehdi (AS)!

A very serious type of Maulwi admitted to this sinner that he expects Hazrat Mehdi (AS) to manifest in public view in 2021!
And this sinner is ashamed to admit that he is excited about such prospects.

But whether Hazrat mehdi (AS) is revealed by Allah (SWT) in our times or not our duty remains the same - to implement Islam to the full in our lives.

Even if you end up a loner, misfit and an outcast.
Pleasures of obedience to Lord Most High brings the best results.
Ultimately opinion and power of the rest of the world does not matter.

+2 -0

Jump to page: