Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#151 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2014 06:28
The Debris of Solitude

The two hundred and fifty years of decline and fall has resulted in massive debasement of Ummah.

We are de facto out casts socially the world over.
No wonder so many of our brothers and sisters feel ashamed of being Muslims and assert that western values are more desirable than Islamic values.

Islamic culture does not get listed even in the exotica sectuion.
Or when it gets some attention then it is not Islamic at all.
A few years earlier there was a big programme in Humayun's Tomb area of Delhi.
"Islamic Tehzeeb Ke Rang, Aqeedat Ke Sang"
"Colours of Islamic Culture, with Reverence"
What did they do in that programme?
Qawwali, Sufi Dance and the like.

Economically Muslims might be well off, at least some of them, in the Persian Gulf and Arab region because of the oil but overall economic situation of Muslims world over is dismal while in my home country, India, they have fallen to the lowest stratum.

Politically Muslims are in complete disarray and very effectively neutralized.

Industrially they are not significant in any sector.

Financially there is some clout in the oil rich lands but the political and military environment around the world has neutralized their effectiveness.

There are many Muslim militaries but these are either lackeys of the west or ineffective because of west having ensured that.

Religious establishment has, for long, been trying to rejuvenate the Ummah but real politik has them going in circles for too long. This sinner knows not a single Islamic Scholar who focuses on social, cultural, economic, financial, business, military and political revival of Ummah as a whole - in an integrated manner.

If the Ummah does not make efforts to recover its social, cultural, political, business, financial and military space then it is unlikely that it will be delivered to us on a platter.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#152 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2014 06:39
On Ambition

Ambition is a negative tendency.
Current western dominated value system makes it look positive.
It is not positive.
Unless your ambition is to completely surrender yourself to the Will of Almighty Allah.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#153 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd November 2014 21:10

Maripat wrote:
View original post

Maripat Saheb,

When I was younger, I could not understand as to why a large number of Muslims will reject Mahdi (AS), why would they? Surely if Muslims were (are) in a Sorry state they would jump at a Messiah!

As I am much older now, I understand.

We no longer follow Islam but we follow sects and cults. The leader of whatever sect/cult we are following has conditioned us to believe that Sayyidina Mahdi (AS) will be part of our cult when Sayyidina Mahdi (AS) will most likely to be an average (normal) Muslim i.e. not Salafi, not Sufi, not Tableeghi, not Barelwee etc so most leaders will reject him (so would followers).

This is the greatest tragedy of our times.

+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#154 [Permalink] Posted on 4th November 2014 07:11
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I want to add what I've found among enthusiastic Muslims that they consider Hadhrat Mahdi like Hercules or imaginary superheroes and not like an ordinary man like us...I mean that he will appear in the heroic way like Batman, fight the enemy smartly, people will watch his irresistible victory, cheer him on etc etc.

Kuffar of Makkah had an objection against Rasulullaah (saw) that he was just an ordinary man and underprivileged people were his companions.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#155 [Permalink] Posted on 4th November 2014 07:53
Mufti Abu Lubaba Shah Mansoor says Dajjal will be a Terminator type creature actually uses these words
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#156 [Permalink] Posted on 4th November 2014 08:49
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Lol

'I'll be back'

:D
+4 -0Like x 1Creative x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#157 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2014 04:40
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I understand Khan Sahab.

We want our people to follow Islam but our people have other designs.
As if they are saying that first I want to please Iblis and then I'll please Allah (SWT) because pleasing Iblis looks so enjoyable, interesting, exciting, glorious, trendy, glamorous and respectable amongst at least in the eyes of non-Muslims.

These very people, the Muslims, think as if Islam is so outdated and silly - may Allah (SWT) forgive me for stating this bitter reality of present times.

This worries me too. It worries me a lot. I am still struggling with such an environment. But by the Grace of Allah (SWT) the trouble with the non-Islamic world has become so sever and obvious that very soon people should realize the beauty, truth, importance and indispensability of Islam because of the sorry state on things non-Islamic if not because of things Islamic.

I suppose that should be enough for us.
If people turn to islam because the alternative is bad then it is fine with me.
People will come to islam for lack of alternative.
Ideally they should come to Islam because of love of Islam.
But this world, anyway, is not ideal.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#158 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2014 04:44
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Chosing and using a western metaphor is a brilliant step.
(Of course at personal level I feel that this should not be overdone.)
Thus the utility of places like SF and MS lies in the fact that here we have Muslims who are conversant with the western ethos and western value system is by and large in-effective on them.
By the Grace of Allah (SWT).

My impression is that we can start telling the west bluntly that they are in the wrong as far as their value system is concerned.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#159 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2014 04:48
TripoliSunni

Some one should seriously try to bring TripoliSunni to MuftiSays.

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#160 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2014 04:58
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Sir, I also expect such a personality here. But I think that even if he joins MS, he won't be regular because MS is a calm place far from Rafidhi invasion (still now Alhamdulillaah) and a warrior like him might find this silence disturbing.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#161 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2014 05:03
Good Old SF Days

There used to be very long and unwieldy discussions there.
This sinner too spent long hours there.
It was a good experience.

Though such discussion do not necessarily end up convincing the detractors but I feel that this was fruitful exercise.
It served at least one purpose - it showed to the detractors that we have a stand and a take on the issues that concern the world today. We have a view and that does not necessarily agree with the current worldview that dominates the world thinking.

We did that non-violently.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#162 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2014 05:04
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Salam

Ofcourse they are and I fully agree with you. We have Muslims in the west mostly born and bred westerners who reject the ethos and values of the west and know that their values are ever changing, they have no clue themselves at times, for many this seems as 're-wiring' of the brain as people often will believe what they are told via media, authorities at the top and social media, movies magazines, cartoons , school, college/university etc.

Credit given where it's due, Hamza Yusuf has a recent lecture talking about this 'rewiring', bro Maripat I would definitely recommend it.
It's called Devils Trap, do check it when you get a chance, brilliant informative lecture.

youtu.be/gV5Dhoaxz_U

Halalified YouTube Audio

+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#163 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2014 05:08
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

I agree ya Akhi - TS was amongst the dear ones.

Soon, Lord Most High willing, the Rafidha will retreat in real life.
If the last gaza onslaught of the Zionists have exposed them in front of the rest of the world then bursting of the Rafidhi balloon should not far behind. Afterall, unlike the Zionist tyrants, Rafidha is not a western sweetheart.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#164 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2014 05:10
Maripat wrote:
View original post

I asked him about a year ago, he said he will try but no promises as he was/is very busy with dismantling the Rafidha in a academic way by setting up websites etc and taking their erroneous garbage beliefs apart one by one.

May Allah reward him for his devotion to the truth and also protect him.
+0 -0Ameen x 1Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#165 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2014 05:23
Hamza Yusuf on Devil's Trap

(Post in progress ...)
(1) When he burst on the US scene he was strident, sort of activist, Muslim.
(2) US turned on against Islam and Muslims in the name of so called terrorism and Hamza Yusuf toned down his rhetoric to a very submissive, safe, level.
(3) I suppose there is nothing un-Islamic about this line of action that he opted for.
(4) Prsent post is about the video linked above by Akhi-al-Aziz Black Turban.
(5) (On a side note I am waiting for a user to name himself Black Pathani.)
(6) In above video HY says that today Iblis has tricks that were never their earlier. This sinner agrees and is worried - in fact scared of the techniques that are available to Satan the cursed today.
(7) Earlier you could not backbite if you were alone. Today you can - for you have the cell phone!
+2 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: