Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#991 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2021 14:00
sharjan8643 wrote:
View original post

I understand the points you make and I agree!
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#992 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2021 13:46
Leading Public Intellectuals

Early this year or slightly earlier there was a press article listing India's leading public intellectuals.

All of these names, about a hundred, were from the disciplines that can be classified in humanities and social sciences. Science, engineering, medical sciences or even business and industry had no representative.

While business and industry have their fair share in the power structure that is not the case for other disciplines of life.

Science disciplines and mathematics are mightily difficult occupations yet these produce no public intellectuals. Their products impact social life only indirectly.

And after spending more than a decade in dealing with the social, cultural, economic and political issues affecting Muslims I have a better perspective on these issues. Sciences and mathematics are difficult but social, cultural, economic and political issues are also difficult in a different way. (After long discussions on SF and MS I realize that theological issues are even more difficult.)

Social, cultural, economic and political issues have immediate implications for society.

We have in India several examples of people with science background turning to humanities and social sciences and making huge impact. Mathematician DD Kaushambi turned to history and apart from being a big name in mathematics is also a big name, publicly known, in social science circles.

From Pakistan Professor Pervez Hoodbhuy has made a huge name for himself in the Lib-Dem and left circles because of his stance on Islam and science. He is certainly very good in his original discipline of theoretical physics. Of course I have written in other posts that my problem with him is that his weight does not fall on the side of Islam and Muslims.

I too had a strong desire to be a public intellectual and make contributions to the society. The original reasons for my arrival at SF (and hence MS) included personal as well as the desire to connect with fellow Deobandis in modern society. This desire SF fulfilled in an exemplary manner and then it disappeared. All thanks are due to Allah SWT that MS is still there.

The Hubb-e-Jah, the desire to have fame, has by now subsided a lot due to the sheer amount of hard work that is involved in dealing with these issues. As a result now I simply want to complete two tasks - as assessment of the political and security situation of Indian Muslims and the political situation of the Muslim world at large with respect to the west.

In fact I do not even want to solve the problems related to these twin issues. I simply want to diagnose the problems and stop there.

This is what happens when you realize your limitations.

This does not mean that I am leaving Indian Muslims and the Muslim world at large in the lurch. On the contrary my belief is that once you diagnose the malady accurately the treatment can not be far away.

In conclusion this would mean that I shall be giving up on the issues that I was analysing in my economics, commerce, business, industry and finance threads. I shall be particularly missing the threads where I was analysing the issues that modern psychology deals with.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#993 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2021 14:14
Professor from AMU

Sometimes a brother or another will refer to me as the professor from AMU. Technically I am not a professor yet. I am an associate professor, one step away from being a full professor.

But that is about technicalities. In India today Muslim worthies, including the Lib-Dem worthies, have been made insignificant. The current ruling dispensation has slowly made everybody opposing them ineffective and has been vengeful.

For example Dr Zakir Naik is locked out of India. Four big time Dayees, Maulana Muhammed Umar Gautam, Qazi Jahangir Alam, Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui and Commissioner Muhammed Iftikharuddin have been arrested under trumped up charges.

Earlier the Indian governments, including the Congress, used to arrest Muslims on charges of terrorism and people were discharged as being innocent but after a long time. Now we are in the era when Muslim worthies are being targeted.

From the circumstances and inquiry that was conducted into affairs of Commissioner Muhammed Iftikharuddin it is clear that whatever a Muslim talks is taken against him as the evidence as long as it touches upon the majority community - however remote.

In view of this state of affairs my request to brothers and sisters is that please do not bring my professorship to the fore. This is just a precautionary measure.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#994 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2021 08:20
Why LGBT?

Why is there an increased inclination towards LGBT tendencies?

It is clear that in spite of the fact that these tendencies are aberrations in today's world we can not say so.

The gay community of the US arm twisted the American Psychology Association or whatever was the relevant body into accepting homosexuality as common thing and acceptable.

My view on this is the following. Today we live in the era when those facilities are available to common man there were available to Emperor Akbar in his times and more.

But every facility costs something. Every facility costs something in terms of money and in terms of time and in terms of energy and in terms of psychological energy.

People are greedy and they would like to have all of these.

But everyone is not an emperor. We have limited abilities and capabilities.

Every woman can not bear the burden of bearing children and doing a job or two.

Similarly every man can not afford the expenses of a family - wife, hose, children's expenses.

Thus in the first go they will give up the idea of having a family and prefer live in relationship.

The competition in that might be tough and hence the next step is LGBT.

These are my views and could be wrong but my experience says that the issues of life in spite of its complexity basically involve around simple things as discussed above.

And Allah SWT knows better.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#995 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2021 09:41
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Sir, you still have a very difficult problem to tackle, if you are attempting to accurately diagnose the malady of the ummah. I'm sure the journey so far has taken a huge toll, and the road ahead is yet cumbersome. I was just wondering if you have a mentor or have had a mentor in the past who helped you along this long and tortuous road. I may be mistaken, but I get the distinct feeling from having read your posts over these past many years that you've taken on too much of a burden upon yourself. You'd made mention of a spiritual guide on your now defunct blog, but do you also have a mentor and well wisher in academia?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#996 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2021 09:55
sharjan8643 wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Sir, you still have a very difficult problem to tackle, if you are attempting to accurately diagnose the malady of the ummah. I'm sure the journey so far has taken a huge toll, and the road ahead is yet cumbersome. I was just wondering if you have a mentor or have had a mentor in the past who helped you along this long and tortuous road. I may be mistaken, but I get the distinct feeling from having read your posts over these past many years that you've taken on too much of a burden upon yourself. You'd made mention of a spiritual guide on your now defunct blog, but do you also have a mentor and well wisher in academia?

I have had several mentors in my life.
A few of them were academic.
My thesis supervisor died in rather young age and hence I lost his guidance early.
Then there is a senior professor who retired several years ago who had his loving hand on my head.
He is in a very serious stage of dementia.
As such I am quite senior myself now and hence do not need mentors and in fact I have the duty to do mentoring of several young people.
I hope this covers your queries.
And I thank you from the corner of my heart for your kind words towards my efforts.
Strangely these type of words from brothers and sisters have sustained me in this long and arduous journey.
Only recently I realised that I took a problem beyond by capacity and capability on my head.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#997 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2021 15:21
Polygyny Branch of Polygamy

When that frustrated idiot, Maulana Imad Madani who called himself Taliban, used to advocate polygyny branch of polygamy at SF I argued on his side because that is what I consider the Islamic ruling.

Then comes the question of my personal inclination and preferences.

I find the facility boring.

Hence I do not feel any entertainment in polygamy Bayans of Mufti Tariq Masood Sahab.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#998 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2021 06:39
Maripat wrote:
View original post

I'm sure the entertainment aspect of Mufti Sahab's bayans is coincidental. However, Mufti Sahab addresses a very important socio-economic issue when he speaks of the need of polygyny. Mufti Sahab is not in favor of polygyny across the board. He insists that it is incumbent on men of means and good character to take up the responsibility of more than one wife, because in Pakistan (and by extension, the Sub Continent) the gender ratio for Muslims is skewed in favor of females. Due to this, there is a larger supply of females in the marriage market.

I've personally spoken with people in my city who are connected to the match making business, and they are unanimous that the demand for boys far outweighs the demand for girls. Boys are spoiled for choice, but girls are not. Polygyny will cause a shortage of supply of girls, and this will increase their value, and the girl's family will be more empowered. Currently, the girl's family has to bow to the dictates and demands of the boy's family, because it is much easier for boys to find another girl if they reject the current match.

Mufti Sahab is also addressing the societal taboo associated with polygyny. This taboo is witnessed even in religious circles, where a practicing Muslim man of otherwise good character is looked down upon even by other practicing Muslims if he decides to take on a second wife. This is despite the fact that polygyny is the norm across the Muslim lands of Arabia, Africa, and South East Asia.

Polygyny is also a good way to address the problem of remarriage of widows and divorcees. If polygyny was more prevalent, many of these women would gladly accept being a second, or third, or even fourth wife to a successful and well mannered man, instead of being the first wife of a man who is not as desirable, simply because he offers her shelter and companionship. There is, after all, an English saying that goes, "The best men are always taken."

Mufti Sahab is insistent that polygyny is not for everyone. There are Muslim men who should not be allowed to have even one wife because of the weakness of their character. And, Mufti Sahab has repeatedly said that polygyny is mujahida for a man of character because he will have to contend with rivalry among wives as well as balance the demands of a larger number of in-laws. Also, Mufti Sahab is in favor of abundant offspring, and this is much easier with polygyny, because not all women of our generation in the Subcontinent have the physical strength to bear many children.

And, polygyny is a potent antidote to the current epidemic of immodesty that is assaulting the Muslim ummah. It is also a natural urge in most men to desire more than one woman. This is why Mufti Sahab says the Quranic ayat starts with the mention of two, three, or four wives, and makes monogamy an exception for the one who fears not being able to do justice in the sense that the Shariah dictates.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#999 [Permalink] Posted on 27th October 2021 15:41
Motivation Speaker Muhammad Ali

This guy looks like me!
+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1000 [Permalink] Posted on 27th October 2021 15:48
Hadis-e-Jibreel

I heard the Hadis-e-Jibreel for the first time in a a Jama-at-e-Islami programme.

My favourite internet description is by late Dr Israr Ahmed.

Of course the description by Mufti Tariq Masood Sahab has more spirituality in it.

Today I found myself enjoying such Bayanaat.

This means that the tension that I got in last few days has subsided.

Why the tension?

Because I realized that Pakistan was under stress due to the Saffronite.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1001 [Permalink] Posted on 27th October 2021 16:10
1400 Years Ago and Today

The Deen sent by Allah SWT has always been Islam.

But with the narrative has been suited for the times in which the message was communicated to the communities.

Barelwis focus too much on miracles even today.

In reality Islam in its final form, revealed more than 1400 years ago, was designed by Allah SWT to suit the modern temperament.

Let is see the number of miracles in the life of Hazrat Isa AS. It is huge. Comparatively the miracles in Rasoolallah SAW life are much smaller.

If we go to earlier times then miracles were, in a way, the way of life.

But sometimes I am so stressed up by the real life situations I desire more specific examples in the stories narrated in the Noble Qur'an to make sense of the things around us.

This is where we need those people who understand the Noble Qur'an.

Sometimes the solution to our problem might be under our nose but we may not understand it.

Again let us take a Barelwi example.

There was a Saffronite bigot from India called Kamlesh Tiwari. He wanted to publish a blasphemous book called Rangeela Rasool. Because of that book there was a very well known slaughter about a hundred years ago in independent India.

Then two young boys came in Saffron Kurtas. Took tea with Kamlesh Tiwari. And killed him in a rather thorough manner. Stabbed him, cut his throat and shot him in the head.

This guys at a point of time had forty security personnel guarding him.

The environment in India for last more than seven years has been very scary for Muslims. And these boys who sent Kamlesh Tiwari to hell have been caught. They must have been aware that they will not escape death penalty.

Yet they took the step they took.

The issue must have been absolutely clear to them in spite of the most grave dangers and most grave consequences.

Of course I have taken a trivial example because Barelwis are most touchy when it comes to the honour of Rasoolallah SAW.

We are still passing through such a phase that we still need answers about what to do and that is why I have pointed out that answers to our questions might be under our nose but we do not recognize these.

Of course the answers were crystal clear to those who recited Taranas, that I mentioned in an earlier post, and then disappeared from this perishable world.

My impression is that by their supreme sacrifices these martyrs made it possible that the Muslim world can now talk to the detractors at the negotiating table.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1002 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2021 05:30
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Mashallah, Sir, you are absolutely correct about the far reaching effects of the ultimate sacrifice.

Many years ago, a tablighi elder, who is now no more, narrated to us his karguzari of having spent time in the Sarhad areas of our neighboring country. He sat in the majalis of Pakhtuns gave targheebi bayans to their brothers. He said it was evident that the speaker was exhorting them to the ultimate sacrifice and they were saying labbaik to his call. Our elder told us that these are the people who most resemble the Sahaba because they were men of meager means, yet they undertook their expeditions to raise the Word of Allah Taala with the hope of never returning, and he said I'm sure that these are the men who will come to the aid of Sayyiduna Mehdi. He said he witnessed this incident more than 40 years ago.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1003 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2021 06:51
sharjan8643 wrote:
View original post

Sub-han Allah.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1004 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2021 06:57
Quote:
Because I realized that Pakistan was under stress due to the Saffronite.

Sir, this is very cryptic. Perhaps you could share some details to explain this.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1005 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2021 07:23
sharjan8643 wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Sir, this is very cryptic. Perhaps you could share some details to explain this.

OK, Insha Allah.
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: