Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#856 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2019 10:07
Why I Repeat My Points

(1) To improve the arguments.

(2) It is part of the communication technique.

(3) In developing a complex discourse it is very difficult to decide whether I have covered a particular point or not.

(4) To clarify my views.

(5) When I write a post it is seldom satisfying for me - argument seldom comes out in the form that I had in my mind.

(6) To compensate for my lack of courage or, if you please, my precaution in not going all the way to the logical conclusion of the argument.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#857 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2019 10:26
Even those people who normally do not post political stuff are fulminating about Turkey committing atrocities.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#858 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2019 14:40
This is a video by Oriya Maqbool Jan about women's liberation. An extremely difficult experience to listen to it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#859 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2019 17:54
Maripat wrote:
View original post

I just could not listen to it more than a few minutes. Sometimes he comes across as a misogynist.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#860 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2019 20:38
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Maybe he is old fashioned
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#861 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2019 05:20
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

I think you should do a detailed analysis of the video so that we too can appreciate your observation.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#862 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2019 06:56
More Than I Can Chew

(1) For more than a year I have come to realize that I have bit more than I can chew.

(2) There is my home, my family, friends and relatives. Though I have not been discharging my duties well to any of these quarters but even then the reality is that these demand and get a significant amount of time and energy and effort.

(3) Then there are the official duties. My performance on this front is of the same level as in case of the point one above.

(4) Apart from my official duties of teaching and related work there is research work and again I have performed on the side of delinquency only.

(5) Facebook.

(6) Indian politics (mostly on FB and here at MS).

(7) World Muslim politics.

(8) As you can see that my performance on each one of these fronts can at best be termed miserable.

(9) Yet all of these dissipate my physical, intellectual, academic, emotional and spiritual energies.

(10) Because of the physical limitations some of the activities have to be cut down.

(11) I suppose FB and MS are the ones to face the axe in the first batch.

(12) After the Indian Supreme Court decision on Babri Masjid land title suit verdict my activity on FB has become virtually nil owing to the government clampdown.

(13) If you think about it then with the above verdict even the RSS frenzy against Muslims should subside because they have run out of emotive planks to raise public sentiments against Muslims.

(14) Hence we Muslims can perhaps give a relaxed thought to our problems in India.

(15) My work on Seervai and Edward Said is not complete but once again due to lack of sufficient energy these too must go on a back burner.

(16) I would like to pay little more attention to my research work - the activity to which I owe my reputation.

(17) I am not cutting off from you people. A intend to keep making excursions to this place.
+3 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#863 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2019 07:20
Best of the People

(1) You are the best of the people I know.

(2) Muadh Khan is as inspiring as late Dr Malih Ahmed Siddiqui (Abu Tamim) was. He is very industrious, committed, energetic, inspiring and reassuring. All these years I have constantly worked on SF and MS under the pressure and fear that the task upon us is much beyond our capacities. Only now I realize that even big tasks are done by small people like us and it becomes possible to do so only when people like Muadh Khan are among the leading lights. So thanks Khan Sahab for all that you have done and your doing and I am sure you'll continue to do so.

(3) Dr76 is an spiritual power house and a light hose and anything you do becomes meaningful only because of the presence of the people like him. Ummah has been passing through extremely difficult times all these years that we have spent at SF and MS. We are kept cool, serene and in peace and tranquility, indeed sane by people like him.

(4) Mufti Abu Hajira for people like me defines Islam. Saying anything more will mean as if I am qualifying Islam itself. He, or even Dr76, are not part of the idiom that employ to talk about the things that I have been blabbering about for more than a decade but they are the people who directly define the profile that people like me carry. Of course my mistakes are mine only and they are completely free from any blame on that frontier.

(5) Maulna Yasin and other Ulama too belong to the same category of inspiration motivation and reassurance. Reward for al these people, including the above three people I have mentioned, will be from Allah SWT and my thanks are of very small consequence but I do thank all of you most deeply and most profusely. You people not only have made this difficult life not only bearable but also fruitful - even if we do not see the fruits with our eyes right now.

(6) Please remember we have been like Hazrat Ibrahim AS giving Azan in wilderness and note knowing the meaning and effect of it and our reward is with Allah SWT only. I have great hopes from the Being of Allah, Exalted is He, for that.

(7) In spite of all the pain, agony, misery, failures, ignominy, gloom, doom and heart melting and gut wrenching disgust around us may I indulge in the temerity that life has been glorious with you people?

(8) And this includes brother Abu Muhammed who selflessly has been performing the duties of the spade work on the Forum.

(9) It also includes brothers like Abdur Rahman bin Awf, sipraomer, ALIF, fod***, sister binte-e-aisha and those brothers who do not post any more.

(10) Those brothers whom I have missed may kindly show up on this thread so that I can include your names to thank you explicitly. ( I am only reducing my involvement - not going away.)
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#864 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2019 17:27
Maripat wrote:
View original post

This is sad but I'm glad that you'll still be around alhamdulillah. Hope you will still post every once in a while and mark your attendance on the forum daily!
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#865 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2019 17:50
Maripat wrote:
View original post

May I remind you of one brother? xs11ax! Please make du'a for his son's health.
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#866 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2019 18:16

Maripat wrote:
View original post

I can testify (from little I know) that when you are questioned by Allah Ta'ala on the day of judgement about your actions Insha'Allah you will be able to say:

1. I did my best for the Ummah of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam)
So keep this in mind, Insha'Allah.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#867 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2019 05:24
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

You overwhelm me my brother. I wonder what more I could have asked for.

+1 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#868 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2019 08:15
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Quote:

May I remind you of one brother? xs11ax! Please make du'a for his son's health.

May Allah SWT make it easy for brother xs11ax and grant his son a speedy and endurable recovery.

In one of his recent threads he was asking for Umra agents in UK. I suppose Allah SWT has granted him some relief. May Allah SWT remove his difficulties.
+0 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#869 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2019 08:35
My Status

(1) I have come only momentarily back - I need more break time.

(2) I come regularly to check the posts.

(3) It is a struggle to check myself from posting.

(4) I understand that the task that I have assigned myself on MS remains only half done and hence it will be a break up of unspecified promise if I do not complete the twin task of assessing the status of Muslims in India and Muslims in the World.

(5) A brother, perhaps a2z here, on Facebook commented that he is missing my views in the India Diary thread. I'll try to record my observations in that thread but I already feel that mostly there is hardly any novelty in my views as compared to the collective views of the brothers and sisters. This is a very heartening thing for me. It basically means that I am not indispensable for the Ummah and that means that my lapses will not have that serious consequences.

(6) One advantage of above state of affairs is that this difference of opinion that I and others end up having with each other is not so devastating after all. Indeed in the scheme of things that Allah have for this world we do not matter that much. So whatever we end up doing is either for our benefit only or it is our loss in case we do something wrong.

(7) One problem that I have not been able to solve is that once the task that I have assigned myself is done then I shall have to quit for good and then I shall miss all of the good brothers and sisters here. It gives intense pain to my heart to think of this separation.

(8) But I really enjoyed your company both at SF as well as MS. It was not easy time for Ummah and yet when I think of the moments spent with you people I realize how filled with Noor these moments have been. All Praise is due to Allah SWT for that.

(9) Let me add the names of brothers xa11as, As-Saif, a2z, Asaghir, mkdon101 and sister Umm e Khadija to the list of people who made this journey extremely pleasant. (By the way we covered an extremely difficult patch in the progress of Ummah even if we were doing merely intellectual cud-chewing.)

(11) We might be worthless even collectively by amount of felicity (Sa'adat) bestowed by Allah SWT on us has been enormous.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#870 [Permalink] Posted on 1st January 2020 07:49
Why did Abdullah Yusuf Ali have a painful ending?

Link : You Tube Video

The speaker gives his own views and his views are excellent.

The same question can be asked about late Ahmed Deedat RA.

In my view there is absolutely no reason to get upset about these things.

Both Abdullah Yusuf Ali and Shaikh Ahmed Deedat were very dear to Allah SWT. Allah loved them to great extents. Allah SWT wanted to raise their status even beyond what their respective efforts brought for them in the Akhirah. That is between them and our Lord Most High. Ummah of Rasoolallah SAW is a great Ummah. For the life of me I can not even imagine that Allah SWT was punishing Abdullah Yusuf Ali and Shaikh Deedat for some sins unknown to us sinners.

Let us have heart in Allah SWT's Mercy and His Wisdom. He is Exalted and He is Most Wise. Some things can not be understood in this world. The aaple in Jannah will be like the apple here but we simply can not fathom the taste of that apple here. Similarly we can not fathom the lofty status of these guys in this world.
No post ratings

Jump to page: