Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#706 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2018 06:06
It is alright ya akhi not to agree with my point of view. Indeed I am now relaxed that we have our choices clear to us and our paths differ.

I suppose I now can get back to my work.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#707 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2018 06:30
So to continue my own musings.

Last week I finished Martin Lings biography of beloved Prophet PBUH. I suppose I should record some of the impressions before these evaporate into thin air in spite of the huge importance these carry.

Here are these impressions.

When I read Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation of the Noble Qur'an I was astounded to notice that the book is about Allah SWT and what He wants from us and why He created the world and what is the purpose of a Prophet and what is the purpose of life and that Allah SWT is the one who decides all these things.

This time while reading Martin Lings I became aware of similar things.

For example I became aware of the fact that in the life in Madinah Rasoolallah SAW gave the enemies no respite at all.

This point never became apparent to me all these years in spite of massive input that I have been imbibing from Sufism, Madarsa as well as the Tabligh.

In the same context it is apparent that Rasoolallah SAW did not wait even for a revelation before going for intelligence gathering on the Quraish and their supporters.

Another point that was never known to me in spite of the above mentioned three sources of information, Sufi-'Alim-Tabligh, is that Rasoolallah SAW gave replies to nasty comments from the enemies whenever it was needed. His reply was very precise, to the point, dry in the sense of being devoid of boasting and emotions but very thorough, comprehensive and most importantly decisive.

Another issue that was not clear to me earlier was that when needed he never hesitated in inflicting the most fitting punishment to the enemy. Rasoolallah SAW is Mercy to Mankind and all the other worlds but when it comes to the enemies of humanity he is most decisive and firm. I can understand when our Sufis, Ulama and the Tablighi brothers do not focus on this aspect.

Another problem this reading solved for me was even more severe. I have always been conscious that Muslims have to be motivated to get up and take steps to solve their worldly problems. That has been my focus all the time and I always failed to think of an appropriate strategy, technique or idea in this context. This reading of martin lings solved that issue for me. Here is the answer - for the believers the real motivation is the hereafter. Worldly oriented people find this answer boring while Deen oriented people do find it convincing but they are not interested or do not have the courage to take up the cause of worldly problems of Ummah.

Another point that Sufi-'Alim-Tabligh unfairly avoid is that Rasoolallah SAW did offer worldly gain as an inducement. He never disdained it. Of course in one case the people who were greedy for worldly gains were simply not included in the campaign but that is a different issue.

In summary one can still ask as to how these new findings are helpful in what I have in my mind and what I plan but getting significant doubts cleared takes huge burden off your shoulders and it is most soothing.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#708 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 06:29
Hazrat Maulana Mehmodd madani Sahab Damatbarkatuhum speaking at Atal Bihari Vajpayee memorial meeting.

Arsh-e-Ilahi hila ke rakh diya. He shook the divine throne.

Now you know why I do not want to become a Bada Admi, worthy man.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#709 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 07:11
Maripat wrote:
View original post

This statement about ARSH E ELAHI is your own comment ? This is not what he says in video...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#710 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 07:52
ALIF wrote:
View original post
It was sarcasm ya akhi. When a zalim is praised it shakes the throne of Allah SWT. Listen once again to the words he used in his eulogy. That is what I was referring to. I hope this clarifies the issue.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#711 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 07:55
I got a private message in which a brother pointed out that Abdullah Yusuf Ali was not among Ahl-e-Haq and hence I should not comment on his translation of the Noble Qur'an in a positive vein.

This brother is partially right. All of our reports are to the effect that he was from a Shia family. But his translation has already been whetted down and personally I am convinced that it can be used. I use it with this attitude only.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#712 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 08:14
Maulana Ilyas Ghumman Sahab on Dr Zakir Naik

Maulana has a good question here - why should he meet Dr Zakir Naik.

But there is a point that I have reservations about but may be some other time.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#713 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 08:52
What is it with Javed Ahmed Ghamidi ?

Brothers and sisters are aware that I am among those people who are piqued at Mr Javed Ahmed Ghamidi.

When there used to be discussion about him on the Sunni Forum I did not pay much attention. At that time I did not know why but now I do. To tell you the truth I never found him to be profound enough to catch my fancy. That is it.

But this bag of straw did get entangled in my hair when a fellow Aligarian spewed nasty things against me on Facebook. I did spend some more of my precious time on this bogus issue.

By the Grace of Allah SWT I think now I know what is the matter with Mr Ghamidi.

It is related to a psychological condition. Not a damning issue but certainly an issue that has rather effective implication in real life.

I am recalling from memory that in his book called Games People Play psychologist Eric Berne talks of some personalities called the Repressors.

Who are the Repressors? Well these are the people who can manage even most intense negative feelings with utmost cool of mind.

Obviously researchers in psychology were curious about these type of people. Berne reported the findings about these people.

So one such personality was in an experiment of psychology and there were other people for the experiment to be done with.

They were given the task to complete the sentence - He kicked his room mate with full force between the legs....

We can imagine about the response from other people but Berne has recorded the response from the Repressor. Here is his answer.

...he was trying to switch off the lights.

Looking at the response we realize that a very stressful situation has been given a very mundane look.

The mental pain of a man being kicked in the groin may still be there in your mind but your attention has been diverted so much that you are no more under tension.

These are the Repressor personalities.

My personal suspicion is that Mr Ghamidi is a Repressor. I have not checked it myself and I doubt that he will offer himself to any diagnosis but at the moment I myself feel relaxed about him because of my reading of the situation.

So what are implications of this hypothesis?

Well there are people who want recognition. Most of us want. Our Elders have a difficult time keeping us sane.

Some people are simply not worried about this type of spiritual illness. They are happy with these. In fact they simply would not admit that there is anything wrong with them.

Salafis in general and Ikhwanis, Jama-at-e-Islami and Ahl-e-Hadith simply do not give a damn about these things - apart from writing books on Tazkiya. Yeah, they do write books on it for it is discussed in the Noble Qur'an.

Ghamidi having got his training with biggies of Jama-at-e-Islami kind of people is again oblivious to his own situation. The result is that he has been opining about Islam for long and when people point out his mistakes he keeps revising his book.

When there is a person to person discussion people say all those things to him that will be very embarrassing for any other person but he always remains polite. Why? Because his Repressing condition takes only a moment to overcome the adverse bio-chemical changes in the brain and the nervous system.

Factual mistakes he actually corrects in the new draft of his book, emotional damage is taken care of by his condition and this is the Glory of Allah SWT that he lives happily after that.

I can not grudge this blessing that Allah SWT in His Wisdom has given to him. The only problem for me and those who listen to me is to protect yourself from his errant, deviant and DIY kind of views and suggestions for we are not the Repressors!

So guys the problem is not his - it is mine and yours. Allah SWT has given him the bio-chemistry that deals with unpleasant emotions very effectively a while we are left to all the vagaries under his onslaught.

Sooner or later his journey will bring him to the right path for after all he has been correcting his book. In the mean time the job is to keep pointing out his mistakes and not hurt yourself because of his personal DIY opinion.

And Allah SWT knows better.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#714 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 09:08
Demand of Beloved Prophet PBUH

Some people absented themselves from the Tabuk expedition, expedition because there was no fight with Roman Empire.

As per reports the absentees included three Companions from Badr Battle.

What was Rasoolallah SAW's reaction? Well he did not take personal decision and left the matter to Allah SWT. Ultimately they were forgiven but beloved Prophet SAW did not take this decision personally.

When it came to the worldly demands in the path of Allah SWT he was tough.

Let us not for get this in present times. Think of the attitudes today. What do we think? We think that someone else will do Allah SWT's work. We think Ummah is so big so there are enough people to do the work of Allah SWT.

And for God's sake when I say Allah SWT's work I do not simply mean Madarsa-Tabligh-Khanqah. No not at all. I also do not mean Sadqa and Zakat. No I mean the real worldly issues.

That beloved Prophet SAW was tough on those who drag their feet, who tried to avoid responsibility gives enough hints about where the things are going wrong.

This thought has been coming to me time and again and became further acute while I was reading Martin Lings biography of beloved Prophet PBUH.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#715 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2018 09:28
Maripat wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah kharan. I apologise !
My IQ is very low indeed..and I am not being sarcastic while admitting it.

This simply confirms my oft repeated impression that the policy of appeasement only shows weakness and is usually counter productive. May Allah swt help us all...
+1 -0Like x 1Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#716 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2018 02:37
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Dear Prof Sahab:

In my humble opinion, because Maulana Ghumman (db) is working on a very specific mission, he has adopted a manner that aids in his task. What works for him will not necessarily work for many of us. He has said something very interesting in one of his talks, "One does not become a Mufti Zar Wali Khan (db) simply by differing from the opinions of the majority." He was saying that Mufti Sahab's (db) stance befits his ilm and taqwa.

I find myself agreeing with a lot of what Maulana Ghumman (db) says, but I cannot use his arguments in my social interactions, because I am not engaged in the same field of khidmat as Maulana (db).

Also, Maulana (db) is addressing a gathering of ulama and students of deen. They have a greater responsibility towards deen than us laymen. This is likely the reason of his advice in this gathering.

Also, during khurooj (3/10/40/120 days), the ameer is instructed to devote more of his efforts on the tarbiya of his sathees compared to dawah to the general public, because his sathees are talibeen.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#717 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2018 04:47

ALIF wrote:
View original post
O my sweet brother you were not sarcastic! I was being sarcastic when I indulged in praise of Maulana praising Vajpayee. I hope this clears the matter.

And I agree - appeasement leads to our own loss. As we have been told in say, Surah Baqarah Verse 120, they will not be appeased till we turn away from our Deen.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#718 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2018 06:21
Whenever I see the face of Mufti Adnan Sahab Kakakhail it fills my heart with joy and hope for Ummah.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#719 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2018 06:54
Guru Ji Satya Pal

About a week ago one of my Mathematics teachers Mr Satya Pal expired and he was burried in his Ashram, Hindu monastery.

There are some aspects that I can talk about here only and not on the Facebook.

Dayee of Islam Maulana Kaleem Siddiqui Sahab of Phulat, the place to which Shah Waliullah of Dehli too belonged, many times says that the Hindus who are very pious are not cremated but buried.

His theory is that it is because these are the people who have already entered Islam and Allah has decided to save them.

Indeed Allah SWT knows better.

Another Dayee of Islam Allama Syed Abdullah Tariq of Rampur says that most of the Brahmins, at least the knowledgeable ones have already realized the truth of Islam and have already secretly converted to Islam but can not declare their Islam for the fear of lynching.

Indeed I read an article by Mr MD Nalapat, a journalist, about the serious problems faced by his mother she she went public about her Islam. Here we are talking about the famous south Indian write Kamala Who became Kamala Suraiyya.

For five years I followed, on foot, the same path to our school that Mr Satya Pal, my teacher, Guru Ji too.

He was a pious man by Hindu standards. He was a Brahmchari - a celibate. Later on he too voluntary retirement and became a, as designated by near and dear ones, a Swami.

He knew me and loved me and in fact my serious competitor once accused him that he teaches the class only for Maripat. How much did he love me? well one day my mother was in the courtyard of our home working and it so happened that the gate was open. she became aware of a presence and looked out side and saw an impressive and pious looking man standing there. What is it, she asked him. I came to see the mother who gave birth to Maripat was his reply. It was Guru Ji.

He used to hold daily sermons at his hoe that is now called Prusharth Ashram - Labour Monastery. On the last Sunday of each month there will be a larger gathering where people will come from far and wide for his spiritual sermon. After being away from home for about a decade I went to his Ashram one Sunday of larger gathering.

I was dressed in Sherwani and by now had kept a beard but did not get the opportunity to say hello before his sermon. He must have seen the 'Maulwi' in the gathering and that day his sermon was on monotheism - Tauheed. I am a teacher myself and I do not carry any mean reputation but that exposition of Tauheed was better than any I have heard from any Maulwi.

Next time when I went to meet him at his home, now the Ashram, he told me two stories. When this home was being converted to ashram the workers (and these might have been Muslims) reported to him that they feel that people are Praying Namaz there.

The second story is about people falling asleep in his daily sermon. One of these people, whose description by Guru Ji clearly identified him as a sort of Majzoob for me, told this impression in his semi-sleep state. He felt that as if a Maulana is giving a sermon.

India is currently passing through lynching era. Now connect the dots yourself.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#720 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2018 10:32
No post ratings

Jump to page: