Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

/random

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Naqshband66, Acacia, member2, Black Turban, Sulaiman84
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#121 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2013 00:29
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

salaam

it depends on a lot of factors. i am always more lenient on those who have caused me harm than those who have caused harm to my family and friends.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#122 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2013 00:30
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

just twice usually.
UK
Brother
#123 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2013 09:18
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Every human finds it difficult because it's in human nature. Even years down the line it is never gone. Depends on severity, effect and on the individual. I guess this is where Imaan comes in. Those with stronger Imaan will believe in Fate and put it down partly to Will but as human nature will still want retribution of some sort.

Alhamdulillah I don't think I've experienced such a case where I have to forgive to an extent where I must overcome my natural instincts and urges. So maybe someone who has can maybe confirm that in this case it does come down to Imaan
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#124 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2013 09:45
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Assalaamu alaikum.

I thought Allah Ta'ala mentioned in the Quran, that it was better to forgive than to take revenge. I am talking about the verse revealed during the slandering of Aishaرضي الله عنه and Abu Bakrرضي الله عنه was told its was better to forgive. He even continued giving stipend to the person who was part of the slander.

I guess it varies with the situation and the type of oppression. Perhaps different types like mental, physical, political oppression etc all have to be met with its own reply.

Wallahu alam.
+3 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#125 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2013 10:19
One has to bear in mind the way of the prophet (saw) hopefully this is a reminder to myself first, and Allah سبحانه وتعالى grant myself first to implement the following:

When the kuffar of Makkah threw stones at the prophet (saw) when they hurt him to such an extent that blood would trickle down to his feet and his sandles became soggy with blood, when they verbally and physically abused him, what did he do?

He (saw) raised his hands and made dua:
O Allah, forgive them for they know not

Allah سبحانه وتعالى offered to bring down the mountains and crush the disbelievers, but the prophet (saw) refused....instead he (saw) said:
O Allah, forgive them for they know not

....and our state today, we refuse to speak to each other over minor issues, nevermind speak there are some blood relatives who refuse to even look at each other, and some I've witnessed that have even vowed not to attend the others funeral, and have kept there word by not attending.

May Allah سبحانه وتعالى protect us

+3 -0Ameen x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#126 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2013 10:39
Salam

Today ghairah / ghairat is shown on wrong things, on dunia, on our nafs etc. Ghairah is shown on powerless people, innocent people. Real ghairah on deen is no where to be seen.

I don't know if MS has a thread on this but it will be a good one to have, also this a topic that not even many ulema discuss.

The Sahabah held the greatest love for each other. However, when it came to any act they viewed to be a transgression of the Deen, they would even resort to harsh language and issuing of grave threats. In the following incident which occurred very close to the death of Hadhrat Ibn Abbas when he was physically blind, Hadhrat Abdullah ibn Zubair's insults Hadhrat Ibn Abbas (radhiyallahu anhuma) and warns him of the most severe punishment:

وحدثني حرملة بن يحيى أخبرنا ابن وهب أخبرني يونس قال ابن شهاب أخبرني عروة بن الزبير أن عبد الله بن الزبير قام بمكة فقال إن ناسا أعمى الله قلوبهم كما أعمى أبصارهم يفتون بالمتعة يعرض برجل فناداه فقال إنك لجلف جاف فلعمري لقد كانت المتعة تفعل على عهد إمام المتقين يريد رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فقال له ابن الزبير فجرب بنفسك فوالله لئن فعلتها لأرجمنك بأحجارك قال ابن شهاب فأخبرني خالد بن المهاجر بن سيف الله أنه بينا هو جالس عند رجل جاءه رجل فاستفتاه في المتعة فأمره بها فقال له ابن أبي عمرة الأنصاري مهلا قال ما هي والله لقد فعلت في عهد إمام المتقين قال ابن أبي عمرة إنها كانت رخصة في أول الإسلام لمن اضطر إليها كالميتة والدم ولحم الخنزير ثم أحكم الله الدين ونهى عنها قال ابن شهاب وأخبرني ربيع بن سبرة الجهني أن أباه قال قد كنت استمتعت في عهد رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم امرأة من بني عامر ببردين أحمرين ثم نهانا رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم عن المتعة قال ابن شهاب وسمعت ربيع بن سبرة يحدث ذلك عمر بن عبد العزيزوأنا

'Abd Allah ibn al-Zubayr (d. 73 H) said at Makkah: "Verily there are people that Allah has blinded their hearts just as He has blinded their sights. They give fatwa on [the permissibility of] mut'ah." He was alluding to a man ['Abd Allah ibn 'Abbas (d. 67 H)]. He [Ibn 'Abbas] said: "You are rude and uncultured. For by my life! Mut'ah was practised in the time of the Imam of the Muttaqin." He intended the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and grant him peace). Ibn al-Zubayr said to him: "Try it yourself! For by Allah if you practise it, I will stone you with your stones [i.e. the stones that you deserve]!"

(Sahih Muslim )

+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#127 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2013 03:51
I hope many people would have come across this story,

Once upon a time there lived a young Allah fearing man. A lady was trying to do Zina with him.
One day somehow the young man was trapped in her house; she is now forcing him to do Zina with her ELSE she would scream and call the public to blame the guy for attempt rape. Now this man takes excuse for going to Restroom. He applies the Najasat in his body and acts like a Mad man to escape from her trap. Hence she leaves him.

After that he takes ghusl and goes to Madarasah; the teacher asks for the new fragrance emanating from the Class Room.
The young man thought that the teacher is pointing to the Najasat smell & he went to the teacher and confessed. The teacher still confirmed that it was good fragrance emanating.

Who is that young man? Please confirm as its confussing me.

Because I heard this from three diff people and all three personalities attributed to this incident were different.
1. Maulana Mohammad Qasim Nanotwi Sahib RA
2. A young Muslim madrasa student from India
3. A muslim student in Russia
Rank Image
Muftisays Forum
Brother
#128 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2013 08:30
Servant.Of.Allah wrote:
View original post

I have heard as One of the students of hz abdul azeez dehelvi rah.
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#129 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2013 14:13
every week, one of the most pleasing things i get to see @ the weekly ijtema is tha halaqah of the deaf and dumb and the translation of the bayan done through sign language..subhanAllah, mashaAllah, Allahumma barik fihee. InshaAllah someday have to learn it too.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#130 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2013 16:32
Desi tadka wrote:
View original post

Masha Allah, this is amazing. I hope I will get an opportunity to watch those moments.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#131 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2013 20:53
Servant.Of.Allah wrote:
View original post

Assalam Alaikum,

sorry to bother you.. may i know about the masjid in ur avatar..
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#132 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2013 21:22
Verbum sapienti sat[is] est.. ;-)
Rank Image
London
Brother
#133 [Permalink] Posted on 24th October 2013 22:03
User Invalidum wrote:
View original post

That's Latin right?

"word to the wise is enough" or something similar?
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#134 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2013 10:31
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Yes sir, thats right..
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother