Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

/random

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Naqshband66, Acacia, member2, Black Turban, Sulaiman84
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#91 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 12:20

Servant.Of.Allah wrote:
View original post

(Reuters) - Oil-rich Brunei will enforce sharia criminal law next year, the Islamic kingdom's sultan announced on Tuesday, with possible punishments including stoning to death for adultery and flogging for drinking alcohol.

The law would be enforced from April, said the 67-year-old sovereign, Hassanal Bolkiah, one of the world's wealthiest people, who has presided over a shift to more conservative Islam and anti-sedition laws in recent years.

Power is concentrated with the monarchy and the country does not hold elections.

"It is because of our need that Allah the Almighty, in all his generosity, has created laws for us, so that we can utilize them to obtain justice," said the sultan, who also holds the post of prime minister.

Many crimes under the new code have a high burden of proof and sharia court judges would have discretion over punishments, which could also include amputations for theft.

The tiny kingdom, which has Southeast Asia's highest per-capita income after Singapore, has been preparing to introduce the sharia penal code for years. In the past, the sultan has said that sharia criminal law should be established to work alongside the country's civil law more prominently.

Brunei, which neighbors two Malaysian states on Borneo island and has a population of just over 400,000, already enforces Islamic teachings more sternly than Malaysia and Indonesia, the other majority Muslim countries in Southeast Asia. The sale of alcohol is banned and evangelism by other religions is strictly forbidden.

The sultan added that the government's overall policies would not be affected by the legal change, in a possible nod to foreign investors.

With its oil reserves set to run out in about two decades, the government has embarked on a strategy to promote development in sectors such as tourism, halal products and manufacturing.

(Reporting by Malai Hassan Othman; Writing by Stuart Grudgings; Editing by Nick Macfie)

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#92 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 12:43
Just 2 weeks back we hosted a Bruneiite in khurooj..
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#93 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 13:10

How easy or difficult do you guys find forgiving people? Those who have done harm to you or your children or your parents or to your family through no fault of your own?

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#94 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 13:17
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Alhumdulillah, very easy even though painful. The results are awesome and pleasing to the mind, heart and soul. That's how I feel. Been there done that, so I can speak from my little experience.

Keeping a clean heart with no hate or malice makes me feel lively.

The other thing I would do is make Dua for the person who has caused the issue (in secret) this also gives satisfaction to the heart that the intention was purely for Allah.

I love the Sunnah
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#95 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 13:22

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

No breaking bones and putting them in a plaster for 6 months? That also gives satisfaction.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#96 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 13:32
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Temporary Satisfaction!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#97 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 13:41
I've been taught the solution is to make dua for someone who hurts you or give them gifts.....BUT with human nature being as it is, I think you can forgive, but it is hard to forget....AND you can carry on as normal....as long as in your heart you haven't broken ties I think minimal interaction thereafter is better.

Keeping it short and sweet is my motto.
Sometimes I feel if you don't put someone straight, without being judgemental or revengful your not doing them any favours....but is this possible without worsening a situation?

If someone hurts you, they will carry on doing it to you and other's, because no one has stopped them and they don't know any better....but nowadays you can't say anything to anyone even if you have been wronged, and if you do your most likely the one to be getting broken bones.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#98 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 13:44

Taalibah wrote:
View original post

They wake up to go to work and they find 2 tyres on their car slashed, side of the body scratched and one mirror broken. You don't think that they will get the message to not do it to someone else?

They try it again

They wake up to go to work and this time the wind shield is also smashed up.

How many times can they sustain it?

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#99 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 13:52
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

That's a totally different scenario.

If you knew who did it, report it to the police. When all fails, dial 999 and ask for the ambulance! ;-)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#100 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 14:01
Say for example Its a close family member...I.e. brother, sister, aunt, cousin etc...who has wronged you....you could do that to their car?
How will that improve their habit or way of thinking....doesn't that make us at equal footing as them...would you want to stoop that low to get brief worldly satisfaction?

When anyone pushes me to the limit...I let it go by saying to myself, I'll let Allah deal with them...and I actually make dua for Allah to deal with them accordingly, because no one apart from Allah can give just treatment...but even then I think this is wrong, because I am cursing them.

But then....swallow your anger comes to mind....it's at times when people have pushed you to the limits, that's when controlling yourself, with patience, endurance and tolerance should set in.

But an eye for an eye also comes to mind!
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#101 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 14:01
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

No I meant try this solution to the people who hurt you and family and they will detest from doing it to someone else...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#102 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 14:18
Parents do this all the time. Alhamdulillah that we've been blessed with the ability to forgive and forget... though, the tendency to hold onto hurt is strong and in some ways, it is a defense mechanism to protect us from future hurt.

It may seem hard to do at first but with the right intention, forgiving and forgetting is not hard to do alhamdulillah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#103 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 14:26
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

That's why I said ask for the "Ambulance" they may need it after the treatment of detestation.

;-)
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#104 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 14:30
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Bullies have to be stopped before they hurt someone else? No?

Btw nobody has hurt me I am just talking "randomly"

Acacia wrote:
View original post

Breaking bones is not hard either,
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#105 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 14:35
How do you stop a bully, when they don't know any different?
When someone is a bully I believe they have issues within themselves that can't be fixed even by returning a taste of their own treatment.
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: