Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

/random

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Naqshband66, Acacia, member2, Black Turban, Sulaiman84
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2013 02:02
Masha'Allah, there was a Pakistani man who made the walk this year and I believe it was last year that the European made the journey.

Khayr, I think what I'm trying to say is getting lost in translation and to be honest, even I'm starting to lose the plot so I'll just leave it at that - thoughts.

JazakAllah khayran for sharing.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2013 03:10
"According to Saudi law, all pilgrims to Mecca must arrive via airplane."

Some recent noteworthy long walks to Mecca:
  • in 2005 a group of pilgrims (Abdulaziz Radzhabov included, see below) walked from Russia to Mecca for Hajj.
  • December 2011 to January 2012, the then 24 year-old Jalal Bin Thaneya of UAE walked some 2,000 kilometers from Dubai to Mecca to raise funds for a special needs centre. He completed his walk in 47 days.
  • December 2011 to October 2012, the then 47 year-old Senad Hadzic of Bosnia walked some 5,900 kilometers from his village in Bosnia to Mecca for Hajj.
  • May 2012 to October 2012 a group of 7 or 8 men ranging in age from 21-65 set off from Tajikistan to Mecca for Hajj. 2 or 3 returned home at some point along the way for various reasons, 3 made it to Iran but then decided to fly the rest of the distance, and only 2 made it all the way to Mecca - one of which is Abdulasiz Radzhabov. The men traveled some 4,600 kilometers. On arrival, Mr. Radzhabov and his travel friend were initially arrested and detained by Saudi authorities and later released.
  • June 2013 to October 2013, 37 year-old Kharlzada Kasrat Rai of Pakistan walked some 6,387 kilometers from Karachi to Mecca for Hajj.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2013 10:38

Acacia wrote:
View original post

Tons of Jordanians & Turks come to Hajj by bus so I don't think that this rule is implemented. It is failry normal for people to travel to Istanbul and catch the bus. The bus used to go through Syria, Jordan and then Saudia, not sure what happens now.

Rank Image
London
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2013 13:25

Quote:
"According to Saudi law, all pilgrims to Mecca must arrive via airplane."

This isnt correct.

See stats below.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2013 14:57
Yes, I know and I've seen the stats too but that's what some people out there are writing and so others might believe this to be the case as well. here's the news source I got it from. I just found it ironic that it was written in an article about traveling to Makkah by foot.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2013 15:25
Quote:
In the context of the changes and quantum leaps that are experienced by the whole world in using modern technology, the ease of the transmission of information, of transport and the opening of markets, which also applies to Islamic communities, some Islamic communities are still suffering from poverty, indigence and cultural backwardness. From such countries there arrive pilgrims and Umrah performers with a low level of cultural awareness, the majority of whom are old and disabled; they would have waited for years for their turn to perform the Hajj duty. The Ministry assumes the responsibility of continuing to provide the necessary services with a high degree of competence. On the other hand, there is a large category that have kept abreast with the progress of civilization and are well advanced in various fields; they are well aware of the distinctive and top services that are provided by tourist states and the comfort and dignified facilities that they can provide.

Such category of Hajj or Umrah performers come through tourist companies, at high cost. They have many requirements and are exacting in respect of the quality of services that are provided to them, beginning with the moment of application for a Hajj or Umrah visa. This has added to the responsibility of the Ministry the task of raising the standard of the services that are provided to pilgrims and Umrah performers and of making sure that the quality of the services that are provided to them by the various sectors that are under the supervision of the Ministry meet their expectations and are consistent with what they pay in return for such services. The Ministry also takes into account the aspirations of the private sector that seeks to increase its income and reduce its cost, and makes sure that these religious duties are not transformed into a commercial commodity.

[source]

Problematic on so many levels. I'm sorry but I can not agree with ^ these sentiments and ambitions and if this is the mindset that has usurped such a huge and priceless responsibility, then I hope the responsibility is truly taken over by someone else soon.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2013 15:45
Acacia wrote:
View original post

Sister believe me, everyone will agree with you. Its not fair the way people are described.

Thousands of people come for Hajj with great dreams and ambitions, and May Allah accept it all.

At the end of the day, even though people dislike such comments, some of them are very true.

Thousands of people lack common sense where its needed the most.

Basic example would be walking up escalator that is going downwards, or for men to go into ladies toilets, acts of Pure JAHILIYAH in front of the Ka'bah etc.

When we see this with our own eyes, we tend to make the same comments about people being so ignorant.

(Since this is a random thread, turning into a discussion, shall I split the posts to the Makkah History thread?)

Rank Image
UK
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2013 15:56

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Yaar, what common sense? A poor farmer from a village from Sri-Lanka saves money all his life and comes to visit the House of Allah (SWT) with devotion. The system should be run in a manner which caters for people from multiple backgrounds and life experiences.Why is this old Srilankan man and his wife met by an arrogant Bedouin college-drop out at Jeddah Airport who doesn’t even know how to open a passport (English side)? Doesn’t know how to use a computer or to queue people? These people come from villages and their passport and papers are checked by a hundred ignorant morons and they are sent from pillar to post?

Disneyland (Paris) gets visitors from around the world and the staff speak nothing but French so how do they manage people from worldwide?

Mankind has been doing Hajj for 2000 years (before Islam) and it isn’t Rocket science to manage an event every year with the same set of challenges (barring incompetent people are removed). How did the Ummah manage Hajj before the most benevolent Saudi Arabia were blessed with Petrol?

+4 -0Like x 2Agree x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2013 16:06
True!

The ignorance starts from one side and continues to the other.

May Allah help us all.

On our flight back from Jeddah with the kids, the clerk was taking so long it was really annoying. Not one word of English. We just couldn't understand what they couldn't understand, everything was crystal clear, but the delay wasn't making any sense.

Anyways, when it was our turn to pass the immigration, the clerk was sitting there looking at us then looking down and this continued. My wife commented, "I bet he's on What's App" suddenly the clerk knew how to speak English, cracked a joke, showed us his iPhone chatting to his wife who was residing elsewhere and told us she was away, then we were okay to go. Duh!
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2013 16:07
Brother Abu Mohammed, it is your call but I really don't want to take away from those threads - they are beautiful masha'Allah and I don't want to sully the mood there b/c I appreciate it just as much alhamdulillah... that's why I refrained from posting under those threads.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2013 16:11
Quote:
Total 4000 registered members
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2013 23:16
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 10:03
Have anyone read about Sharia introduced in Brunei?
Google and read the news.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 10:59

Lennox Claudius Lewis tweeted a few days ago:

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep." - Imam al-Shāfi'i

+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2013 12:11
A favourite quote, which I've used very often.

Jump to page: