Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

/random

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Naqshband66, Acacia, member2, Black Turban, Sulaiman84
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2011 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 20:34
umar123 wrote:
View original post

Any benefits to it akhi or is it just old ladies tales that people like to promote on certain issues ?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2012 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 20:46
Jinn wrote:
View original post

It is rich in iron. Not sure about medicinal properties. It might work.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2013 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 22:42
Jinn wrote:
These things happen and very rare ever does anything happen to the perpetrators, apart from the initial media uproar. An example would be the murder of those two Huffaz in Ramadan in Daska, Sialkot.

Wallaahi that incident tore me apart. I remember I developed an extreme hatred for Pakistan after learning about that incident. It was really unhealthy, and went on for a few weeks. Alhamdulillah its died down a little, and I can't say I hate the country anymore, but Im not gonna say I like it either. This is coming from a native born Pakistani!

Unfortunately, these kinds of incidents are rife in Pakistan and other so-called "Islamic" countries. I think it was 'Ali who said that a country can prosper on kufr but not on thulm.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2014 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 23:18
muslim11 wrote:
View original post

From what I've seen, these people you call "Muslim" is an insult to our Deen.

Yes, we hear the adhan 5 times a day (in Pakistan), but the music blasts louder to make the sound of the adhan faint.

The only Deen I've seen is from those who are near big masjids.

These people brag about being honest and never back biting, and that is their excuse for not praying one Salah.

I was told by a bearded man that he prays Jummah and 3 salaah's a day in Ramadan and he was proud of himself. And the adhan is heard from 4 different masjids near his house.

When I go out, I get introduced as a British born Muslim and then they mock my thawb and find it hard to believe that that is what I wear in London (except when I'm working) They even laugh at me for eating with my fingers and not a spoon.

I do admit that there is a good atmosphere where there are tablighi jamaats in these areas, otherwise the comments from my son tops it up. He says, "These people are an insult to Islam, how can they call this country, Islamic?"
+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2015 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 23:26
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Yes its unfortunate how many of them laugh at the sunnah. I've experienced this myself. Im afraid many may have even left the fold of Islam because of such mocking.

I heard a story of two 'Aalims who were traveling through Pakistan, and stopped to eat at a traditional-style restaurant type place near the road. Masha'Allah both were staunch on the sunnah and usually at on the floor, but due to being in such a place filled with jahaalat and backwards mentality they decided to just eat on the table/chairs so people would not end up committing kufr by mocking the sunnah.

Its a sad sad case brother.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2016 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 23:27
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

Don't read if your sensitive, gruesome account

Akhii the live vid of the incident went viral here, I mistakenly watched all of the unedited vid and to be honest I used to find it hard to sleep. What bugged me more was his brutal beating whilst he was tied up, then when dead they took their eyes out, then put them in the back of a tractor and drove around the town parading the bodies, then they returned back to the square and from the water tank they hanged the bodies for display. The square was full, people were watching, many were even making videos of it on their phones like its nothing, seriously you must be really pathetic to film such a thing ? police stood by and watched. No one felt remorse out of all the onlookers, not one person came forward to help the oppressed or even try to break it up. People just watched like its nothing. Media made a big uproar and then it died down, never to hear anything again.

Killings are on the rise.Homosexuality is on the rise. Gang rapes have become the norm there amongst students. They lure a girl by swearing oaths on the Quran that they love her and want to marry her and then the film the deed and then blackmail her for later. Watched another documentary where the rooms below 'Quaid a Azam' mazaar were being rented out to people for sex. There's a YouTube channel who have exposed a lot of these things called 'Saray aam Pakistan'. You'll feel angry and disgusted when you see some of the vids on there, and this is all happening in a Muslim country ?? Who pride themselves as being 'Ashiq e Rasool', seriously these events would even put the kuffar at shame.

Thing is no one talks about these things because they're seen as taboo. Maulana TJ has done some recent lectures criticising it but that's about it really. Every man for himself and no one for the oppressed, Maulana mentioned he went to Spain and cried because the situation that led to the downfall of Spain is prevalent in today's Pakistan. So if Allah's azaab won't come when these things have become the norm then what will come ??

It's sad to see the current events of the Muslim world today. We've become a joke, a laughing stock, a bunch of animals.

May Allah change the affairs of the Ummah.

+6 -0Like x 5Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2017 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 23:55
My wife was sent a whatsapp video before we left. It was a news article from Pakistan. The video showed two men selling minced meat to the public disguised are beef but in fact was rat meat.

And we call these people Muslim.

My wife and I ate some beef and chicken from a stall and the next day we got sick. Then friends and family came to visit and advised us never to eat out as they don't sell beef, they sell dog meat!

@brother Jinn, regarding the comments about the guys sending their wives out alone to Pakistan, NO WAY ! That would be the last thing to cross my mind.

Every time my wife wants to visit her parents, I make sure I go and stay the whole time. Who in their right mind would send any of their family members to such place.

My wife's family is very poor, so we do what we can to let them experience the things they never ever will, but we keep to the limit. These holidays cost me an arm and a leg because I take up every cost that they incur. This 4 weak holiday is costing over £5k including flights and visa etc. I pay for everything except the bribery.

Bribery is rife. Every single check point (not toll roads) has a police officer waiting for some cash in hand. I really wish I could do something about it, but I guess who ever I would go to to complain, they'd also want bribes
+1 -0Agree x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2018 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2014 00:18
May Allah سبحانه وتعالى help us, and protect us and our families. Aameen

So sad to hear reality of state of the ummah. Never ceases to amaze me how people are drawn to oppression, lying, torture, greed, etc. Nothing more chilling than the darkside of mankind.

@brother jinn, couldnt read past the first few lines of your post. Jazakallah for the warning.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2019 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2014 00:47
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2020 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2014 05:50
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I m about to eat my breakfast, hope its a good link to check out...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2021 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2014 06:01
I just wanted to know... Such atrocities doesn't happen in UK shareef ?
All Muslims live like angels there? People never mock Sunnah in the streets of london?

Not justifying the filth that is happening in pakistan or other so called Muslim countries. Just wanted to get the point across. lol.

I hope the last few pages is not due to hidden 'nationalism' running through our veins.

I remember one time in sf, some of us spoke against the stuff happening in pakistan, and it became a huge controversy. Only then I realized the hidden nationalism in people. Some people go really far to justify pakistan, some even go as far as supporting india! All these are man made boundaries and have no meaning in it.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2022 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2014 08:06
umar123 wrote:
View original post

Surprisingly no akhi

There is a certain tolerance in place alhumdulilah of other people's beliefs to a certain extent, I've never encountered it even once and nor have the people I know.

You'll get astonished looks from ignorant desis about your thawb, beard, hijab, but that's about as far as it goes. Plus they'll look at you as if they're seeing such a thing for the first time. It's hillarious.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2023 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2014 08:35
Guest-190383 wrote:
View original post

Can't see nick of troll

Brb logging in from my toaster
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2024 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2014 09:17
umar123 wrote:
View original post

salaam

of course we have problems in uk too. but all these comments were in reply to the sister who started espousing the merits of pakistan.

both uk and pakistan have their individual problems. but i would feel much safer leaving my family alone in the uk than pakistan. and this is coming from an advocate of making hijrah to muslim lands.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2025 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2014 09:20
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

bhai you must be in some dodgy area of pakistan. Alhamdulillah there is still deen in pakistan. I have been to the swabi area and have yet to see Islam like how it is practiced in that area. At the same time it is true that on the whole the muslims of the UK are more religious than their counterparts in the indopak alhamdulillah but do not take your local area (hackney etc) to be a representation of the west as the UK is different to many places due to the great efforts going on and do not take your part in karachi to be representative of pakistan...inshallah we shall start another thread on this inshallah. At the same time what you have said is sadly very true. Our areas in gujrat are no better.
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: