Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

/random

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Naqshband66, Acacia, member2, Black Turban, Sulaiman84
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2013 17:08
I love all the old photos in the Makkah News and Updates thread, masha'Allah keep posting sis! I'm posting here so that it doesn't throw the flow of the thread off, masha'Allah... Insha'Allah we all will be able to utilize the information you've compiled so beautifully. I've never been to Hajj, umrah, or anywhere in Saudi, so please make du'aa that Allah Ta'aala grants me and those of us who have not yet had the opportunity, the opportunity and ability to go soon; and those who have made the journey, a return. Ameen. May Allah Ta'aala accept everyone's Hajj, ibaadah, efforts and du'aas. Ameen.

I love the simplicity, the space, the human physical effort that is apparent in the older pictures and I can imagine how much more pristine everything was as we go back 1400 years. Every building, every pillar, every gate, every motor-vehicle, etc. appears to provide convenience and comfort to the Hajj experience but they also appear to put up huge obstacles too - not just in terms of access (having to navigate around them) but also in terms of how much less space there is then for people.

That said, I then read this about an 80 year old Saudi who has performed hajj 60 times (masha'Allah) and, though I personally would love to experience the hardship and struggle, I can imagine how difficult it would be for the elderly.

Now, granted the 80 year old is an imam from Saudi so even if the amenities weren't 'improved' over the years, he likely would have continued to do his hajj and I imagine it would have been relatively easier for him... but, I can't help but wonder if as many people would make the journey more than once in their lives without braving the struggle and setting aside longer periods of time to complete the journey.

We live in a fast-paced, instant gratification world and it just seems like we're adapting Hajj into this too. Shouldn't we feel the struggle, the yearning, heat-stroke, pain in the soles of our feet from walking, the heat of the sun, and persevere with patience along the same route and as close to the way Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) has traversed? In a sense, those who were given visitor visas and sent back without even being able to perform their hajj... that speaks volumes on struggle in this day-and-age to me. May Allah Ta'aala accept their efforts and give them the strength and opportunity to actually complete the Hajj soon. Ameen.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Ameen x 5
Rank Image
London
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2013 17:34
Sister Rouyaka19 is one awesome sister. When it comes to Makkah and Madinah, she has everything you need to know.

@Sister Acacia, why not PM her, she's not very far from where you are and MashaAllah, she was the inspiration of the the thread when I started it. She has plenty of things on offer, including in French, sincefFrench is the language of where you both reside.

(i sometimes feel that the news thread is only read by a few people as no one else really shows much appreciation., you can tell by the likes, at least for the "Amazing pictures" which no one else get us but her) she really deserves a lot more credit if you ask me. AND she is also a revert sister MashaAllah)

Anyways, she's very busy with her news on multiple sites, so I've sent her a link to your post above as I believe she will be happy.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2013 17:47
JazakAllah khayran. I have been tempted to start hitting the 'like' button from post #1 on that thread but it is huge! So, I've opted to appreciate the thread instead... but I suppose that isn't entirely fair either.

BTW, I don't know French - it is one of the official languages for Canada but is not spoken or taught as widely as English in English speaking Canada. I believe Quebec is the only province where French is spoken and used as the first language and the only other province where it is give proper credit is New Brunswick. Elsewhere, there are French immersion schools and French is taught as a second language - from grade 4 onward where I live but not everyone takes these classes and not many continue to pursue it.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Lahore,Pakistan
Sister
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2013 17:56
I came to muftisays because of sisters thread and got stuck to it She is definitely doing an amazing job MY Allah bless her
+6 -0Like x 1Ameen x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 15th October 2013 14:53
As Salamu Alaikum Maulana Yaasin Sahib,
Can you please reopen the thread opened by Desi Tadka @ Pluto. The thread was about quotes by MF members.

It was beneficial for others too, please advice.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 15th October 2013 15:00
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 16th October 2013 18:22

Acacia wrote:
View original post

Sis, google 'Internet Hindus' - read it and forget it. The kuffar are doing it intentionally, (IH is but one small example) I feel the best thing to do is to ignore. Don't quote this post for I intend to delete it.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 16th October 2013 20:37
Are any of the members here using the muftisays app? If so notice anything new/different?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2013 14:21
Acacia wrote:
View original post

Really, is it English they speak in Canada? :p
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2013 15:32
Oui et française.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2013 15:49

Acacia wrote:
View original post

S'il vous plaît parler "anglais":) Rusty but I know a little bit of frog-tongue.

Sister, in UK french are called the Frogs.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2013 16:37

موجودہ موضوع رہنا براہ مہربانی

Mevcut konuya devam edin

respecter le sujet actuel s'il vous plaît

May not be perfect, but at least i tried. Just kidding though!

+3 -0Like x 1Creative x 2
UK
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2013 21:59
The most unique thing about this thread is that the following rules will never apply

Please stick to the current topic. Irrelevant posts, posts inciting a debate or disrespect towards another member will be removed without notice. Jazakumullah

Please only post relevant issues to the current topic, otherwise please start a new topic. Jazakumullah
+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2013 23:05
That's why I said in the end "Just kidding"

For those who didn't get to translate those 3 sentences, it's meant to say "Please stick to the current topic" in Turkish, French and Urdu.
+1 -0
UK
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2013 23:31
lol - I had no idea.. I just ignored your post since it wasn't in English and I trust you
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1

Jump to page: