Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

MuftiSays Gadget Guide

Jump to page:

You have contributed 2.1% of this topic

Thread Tools
Topic Poll
» I dont like Apple, Been there, done that, Upgraded to Android
50%
3 members | 16 guests
» I love apple but ashamed to vote
32%
1 members | 11 guests
» I like Apple but consider moving
19%
2 members | 5 guests
» iPhones are the best
0%
0 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
member2, Yasin, abu mohammed, Taalibah, sweetmuslimahk1, Naqshband66, Ahmeduk, IssaF
12 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#586 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2013 06:33
No way! He's crazy to even attempt it...there's no way I could do that to my one x....oh well, at least he's proved how robust the phone is!
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Agree x 1
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,593
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#587 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2013 21:51
Just a quick question.

Can any iPhone 5 user tell me if it says "iphone 5" on the back of your handset or just "iPhone"

Jazakallah in advance.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,593
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#588 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2013 21:55
Never mind, I should've just Googled it in the first place.



My comments to follow in a few days InshaAllah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
10
Unspecified
9
#589 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2013 22:05
For all of you who is considering buying a new phone, I'd recommend waiting about a month for the next Google phone-Nexus 5
I actually bought the Nexus 4 today and cancelled the order when I realised the next one would come out soon and would only be about �50 more
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Agree x 1
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,593
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#590 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 00:12
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,989
Brother
365
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#591 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 00:20
Very impressed with my Windows phone :p
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,593
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#592 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 00:22
Well anything is better than....

I loved Windows mobile at one time, then everything Windows has being introduced into Android. So for me my HTC One is a winner all the way.

Alhumdulillahall those eearly stage glitches have cleared up and now I have an excellent handset.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,593
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#593 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 10:04
I've got some fantastic news and updates and some bad news :(

The all new even better iOS7 has a built in torch app :0

The all new iPhone 5S operating on iOS7 with 64bit may still be a dual core processor.

The new software takes about an hour to upgrade to! (doing it on my spare iPhone now)

The new iOS7 drains the battery faster on WiFi.

Hidden features to be "enabled" on some older devices. (obviously not all will function)

If you have an iPhone 4 or similar, reports suggests that its not coping very well in terms of speed and window transition. So if you have one, check reports before upgrading.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,593
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#594 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 10:42
I know I'm hated for not liking Apple and you guys must be thinking why on earth do I keep looking into it and wanting find out more positives and negatives.

Well unfortunately, its part of my work. I need to know as much as possible on selected brands. I also have to buy them for clients. So I've bought the best Apple have, used them, set them up etc etc. Hence my conclusion.

I went to the Apple store to buy a WiFi - Cellular iPad Retina 128gb. The salesman was shocked and wanted to know why anyone would buy it, he said what you gonna do with so much memory, because its the same speed as the lowest spec iPad. Anyways, to cut a long story short, we supply our clients with what "they want"
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,593
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#595 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 12:28
OK, so over an hour later, I've just turned the iPhone into an even more girly phone. The dial pad looks lame, the swipe up features are so old and limited to what you can have. The icons have been changed and look very similar to the Samsung. STILL CAN'T GO BACK from certain pages. You have to double click and open the previous window. Really annoying. Speed isn't too bad but you can see the difference in comparison from the older version. The torch is rubbish, only one setting, "ON" and very dim. And finally (last but not least) The search page has disappeared, although I've heard that they have made searching easier. I guess I'll have to search for it. (Yep I found it, you can swipe down from the middle of any screen to get the search option)

NOTE: This is only for the iPhone 4. I'm sure the iPhone 5S is the best iPhone they've ever built with amazing innovations.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#596 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 12:39
Lol abu Mohammed I was just sat with someone with an iPhone and they're loving the updates...both on the iPhone and iPad.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,593
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#597 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 12:40


report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,593
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#598 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 12:41
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Try not to upset them when you pull out your HTC One X.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#599 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 12:43
To me it just looks like added functions that already exist on the android phones
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Agree x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#600 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 12:44
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

No comparison :-)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Agree x 1
back to top

Jump to page: