Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

MuftiSays Gadget Guide

Jump to page:

You have contributed 2.1% of this topic

Thread Tools
Topic Poll
» I dont like Apple, Been there, done that, Upgraded to Android
50%
3 members | 16 guests
» I love apple but ashamed to vote
32%
1 members | 11 guests
» I like Apple but consider moving
19%
2 members | 5 guests
» iPhones are the best
0%
0 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
member2, Yasin, abu mohammed, Taalibah, sweetmuslimahk1, Naqshband66, Ahmeduk, IssaF
12 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#481 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2013 14:54
Does anyone know which mobile coverage is more reliable t-mobile or 02? I know they always state it depends on area, but this isn't always the case.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,989
Brother
365
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#482 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2013 15:05

"abu mohammed" wrote:

Well this thread is just sitting getting

and I dont really want to start a whole new thread for a few replies.

A couple of us are looking for a new contract. My wifes contract has ended and she doesn't need a new phone, so I'm looking for something like sim only but where I can get the best value for money.

So far I have found TESCO Mobile (uses o2) with a £15 monthly contract (can cancel any time) 1GB Data, 750 Mins and plenty of SMS. or even 2GB but with a 12 month contract.

T-Mobile had a similar offer where everything was unlimited for only £16 a month (annual contract I think). Is there anything out there you could recommend. Jazakallahu Khair.

www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virigin-sim-only-1200-mins-unlmt...

 

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,989
Brother
365
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#483 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2013 15:07
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#484 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2013 20:51
Anyone got any personal experience using a Sony experia miro?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#485 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2013 20:55
Muadh_Khan wrote:
"Taalibah" wrote:
Does anyone know which mobile coverage is more reliable t-mobile or 02? I know they always state it depends on area, but this isn't always the case.
ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/mobilecoverage  


Jzk, but I've already checked coverage, used 02 sim in area where it stated good coverage but it turned out to be very poor. Tried a 3 sim which I was very sceptical about and it turned out to be excellent with no issues, very confusing.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#486 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2013 15:08
@br Abu Mohammed
3 store offered HTC desire c, is it similar to desire s, or not worth getting? as the HTC wildfire internal memory was very poor and caused many problems even with an 8gb external memory. Don't want similar issues again.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,593
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#487 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2013 15:10
Its a lower spec phone, ok for kids and adults who don't really need to use a phone to its full potential. Personally, I didn't like the handset.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,989
Brother
365
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#488 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2013 15:27

"Taalibah" wrote:
Anyone got any personal experience using a Sony experia miro?

800 mHz single core processor so probably really slow phone.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#489 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2013 15:36
Ok, jazakAllah, so both phones out the question, its for my son, he'll have to settle for a HTC desire s, will have to find suitable contract with that handset.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,593
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#490 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2013 16:05
If you are ok with cashback and redemptions and you dont mind the small hassle you need to go through, try e2save.com

I've been using them every year for almost 10 years now. They are part of Carphonewarehouse. When I recieve my cheques from them, they are from CPWH.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,989
Brother
365
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#491 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2013 16:05

"Taalibah" wrote:
Ok, jazakAllah, so both phones out the question, its for my son, he'll have to settle for a HTC desire s, will have to find suitable contract with that handset.

Aapa,

This all depends as these two are very similar phones in performance

  1. Sony experia miro is 800 mHz Cortex with 512 RAM, released September 2012
  2. HTC desire is 1 Ghz Scoprion with 512 RAM, released March 2010 (older spec processor)

Better deal is Amazon Huawei Ascend G300 which is 1 Ghz Cortex (A5)  with 512 RAM, released Februrary 2012, faster pehone but problems as follows:

  1. Glass is not scratch proof and body is plastic
  2. It will cost you £3.99 on ebay to get in unlocked

I deal with a lot of phones and personally I am now trying out Nokia Lumia 520 (Windows) and I am happy until I get bored with it! The O2 version is actually unlocked so don't fall for paying $60 extra for an unlocked version...

 

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,989
Brother
365
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#492 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2013 16:07

"abu mohammed" wrote:
If you are ok with cashback and redemptions and you dont mind the small hassle you need to go through, try e2save.com I've been using them every year for almost 10 years now. They are part of Carphonewarehouse. When I recieve my cheques from them, they are from CPWH.

Me too for about 5-6 years and no issues...

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#493 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2013 17:48
JazakAllah for the website, just had quick browse, will definitely look into it in detail.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,593
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#494 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2013 21:41
Virgin have an offer at the moment which sounds pretty good.

www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy/VIRGIN_SIMCARD_VM009_D114C?...

SIM only �12 monthly contract with 1200 minutes and unlimited text and 1gb data.

If you find anything better, please let me know as I'm about to cancel one of my contracts and possibly go for this.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#495 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2013 22:13
Looked into e2save.com, Yh it is going yo be a hassle, already have a lot of hassle to deal with as it is. Ideally for my son who is autistic, don't need a lot of minutes as he has poor communication skills, he's better with txting, but needs unlimited data, as he keeps leaving his data on whilst were travelling, which has left us with hefty bills. The phones for emergency, as he is prone to wondering off, and has to keep phone on him at all times, even at school, which means I can't get him a very expensive phone which will attract too much attention.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top

Jump to page: