Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
member2, Yasin, abu mohammed, Taalibah, sweetmuslimahk1, Naqshband66, Ahmeduk
12 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#121 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2012 09:28
This thread was on the light side and started as a joke. But it turned out to be helpful to others. Conclusion, its all about making money. IPhone has quality, but Android adds to the spec and sells for a lower price giving the added choice of manipulating the handset. Where as iPhone have kept their handset secure.

Last nite I was sent tons of emails giving all the benefits of the iPhone, amazing. Those emails came to a conclusion too. One X was the one to upgrade to.

Sister taalibah had taken advantage of this thread and now owns a very decent handset at a fraction of the cost.

It is all fitnah one way or the other.

We should turn the tables and explain why we should've dropped them. An example, Facebook, this may have all you personal info, but Android/Apple have everything. Where you are who you know, what photos you take, what you browse, who you call, what you fancy, what you download. They know you better than yourself. They are building our profile and we are helping them.

It's a major problem out there.

I feel this thread should just be deleted, in fact, I might just delete some of my posts later. I don't really want to promote this stuff anymore.

Let's get back to the old days. No phones!
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#122 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2012 10:38
I don't think there's anything wrong with this thread, I'd prefer to come on muftisays and seek advice in the company of other muftisays users. Not really into other websites or forums, so I wouldn't have got the information I got from here. When it comes to fitnah, we are surrounded by it, I.e. mobile phones, internet, school, college, work, etc. It's up to us how much we implement what we learn. My motto is 'use and don't abuse' Allah has given us everything at our fingertips, it is for us to either use technology that is available to us to either connect to Allah or disconnect with our Creator.

However, I do believe the less we have the better, but its only through the will of Allah that he has allowed mankind the ability to advance, all wisdom belongs to HIm and not us, we do not achieve anything through our own intellect.

Please leave this thread because in a years time I'll probably need some of the advices on here again, and I'm sure many other mobile phone users will find the information useful. As long as unhealthy applications such as Facebook etc, aren't promoted, I think its fine.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#123 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2012 10:53
I've learnt through our respected ulama that our life is a test, it would be fine to live on a desserted island, or in a cave somewhere, away from fitnah and worship Allah, but if it was that easy how would we attain jannah.

This reminds me of once passing by some non Muslim preacher on the street, as soon as he spotted us he started preaching:

Come to Jesus, why do you suffer, you don't have to pray 5 times a day, you don't have to covet yourself, enjoy all the things god has given us to enjoy, etc, etc.

Astaghfirullah, I felt such pain and sorrow for this person, what a delusion, if only they could feel the pleasure in being connected to Allah. This world is just a means, we would endure anything for Allah and His Rasool sallallahualyhiwassallam.

Sorry totally off topic.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#124 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2012 13:23
abu mohammed wrote:
Does anyone know if the Huawei will have a built in WiFi router like the HTC handsets. The HTC handsets have an advantage of turning the phone into a router so others can use the internet through WiFi via the HTC. This is very handy if you have someone on unlimited data. We use this facility for the kids. I we are out and the kids want to use the internet on the laptop or on their own phone, we simply setup a password on our handset and they can then browse or download apps on the move. Very very handy feature.

Not sure if anyone else does that.

Genuine query! Can someone tell me if iPhone or Samsung or even Sony Ericsson or Nokia have this.

Jazakallahu-khair.

Asssalam Alaykum,

I think you are referring to WiFi hotspot, letting others use your mobile as a router to use your mobile internet. That feature came to Android with 2.2 Froyo so I am guessing most Android handsets will have it now. The ones I can confirm, other than HTC are Samsung S2/ S3, Huawei Ascend D Quad and Apple iPhone4S.

Alhumdulillah, I agree, this is a very useful thread. I have a HTC blog at htc-mobiles.co.uk/blog which has some useful stuff like battery tests and upgrade news etc if anyone is interested.

Wasalam Alaykum
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#125 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2012 13:54
Jazakallahu-khair. Please take over this thread as I don't have much experience.

And by the way, omg.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#126 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2012 15:21
Had no idea that's how the Wi-Fi hotspot worked. Thought it was just to use at places like the services on the motorway, or certain places where wi-fi hotspot displayed.
If its ok with you could you please add your HTC blog link on this thread.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#127 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2012 18:46
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#128 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2012 15:28
abu mohammed wrote:
Jazakallahu-khair. Please take over this thread as I don't have much experience.

And by the way, omg.

Jazakallah for providing the live link.
why the omg?
No need to takeover, alhumdulillah I am learning from the thread too, so please carry on contributing. I'm not normally a very technical person but have just tinkered around with my first HTC (desire) and now the Sensation. I have debranded, rooted and even bricked my phone along the way!
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#129 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2012 18:45
Jazakallah, here we are messing with those who have an iPhone, then we get people saying there's more info here than mobile sites. I get bombarded with emails proving iPhone, I get plenty of thumbs down.....all this for a joke and you actually have a blog about it, hence the "omg". That was my first reaction.

Helping someone is great, but I prefer to help in other ways too. This thread was a gimmick which by chance turned out to be helpful to others but not so helpful to me. Anyways, an apple a day helps keep the doctor away, but my HTC helps keep the apple away. Lol.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#130 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2012 19:14
Lol nice one about the apple a day and HTC. Anyway, I have never had any other smartphone apart from HTC hence why I don't comment on or about them.
Technology moves so fast though with brands outdoing each other all the time. I haven't followed it in detail but I'm certain the big smartphone brands have all taken each other to court about some patent or another.
It's also really funny how the networks pay billions just to have rights for 3g/4g network licenses.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#131 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2012 21:54

"Muadh_Khan" wrote:

"Daywalk3r" wrote:
the ZTE didnt arrive in the end - they had no stock. so i ordered a Nokia N8 instead last month - brilliant camera (which i why i brought it) .... as its my first smartphone im still working out how to set the camera settings ...out doors videos it shoots quite clear..though a bit stuck in getting it right for indoor use.

Asslamo Allaikum,

Brilliant Camera with HD so you can shoot Islamic stuff and post it straight to YOUTUBE. What lets the phone down is its o/s but if you are not into Smartphones it shouldn't affect you.

Masha'Allah.

Assalaamsww - i really regret buying the N8 now. Turned out to be an expesnive mistake...like Andy Carroll! Its the constant screen freezing and other niggly but very irritating things that make me wanna smash it to peice sometimes. Im on the look out now for something else ...suggestions on a postcard please. 

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#132 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2012 22:47
Inallaha ma as Sabireen.

Be patient with the phone, Allah loves the patient ones.

I would recommend the Nokia 8310. Lol.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#133 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2012 23:11

"abu mohammed" wrote:
I would recommend the Nokia 8310. Lol.

Symbian like LiverFool = living on past glories!  Defi gotta be an Andriod next time. Been looking for a Quran app for nokia, one that i can read easily. Havent come across one yet. A brother at work has the indo-pak 13 line quran on pdf which he says works fine on N8 also - inshallah that should be fine for now.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#134 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2012 20:27
@Admin

I think this topic should be split and moved to the other infamous thread.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#135 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2012 20:29
@Daywalk3r

Nokia 8310 was not Symbian (it was older)

Who was the salesman that sold you that, he must be good.
No post ratings

Jump to page: