Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
member2, Yasin, abu mohammed, Taalibah, sweetmuslimahk1, Naqshband66, Ahmeduk
12 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2012 19:45
Unsuccessfully tried to root phone applications on to SD card, didn't have a clue and wasted a lot of time, never going to do that again.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2012 19:57
Anyway, I respect the effort. If it was an iPhone, you can't even think about playing with it. With that your stuck.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2012 20:31
Taalibah wrote:
Unsuccessfully tried to root phone applications on to SD card, didn't have a clue and wasted a lot of time, never going to do that again.

Did this when I first started getting phone memory issues last year with the HTC wildfire, vowed never to waste time over it ever again.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2012 20:32
Quote:
have seen and used Android phones, and they dont have the same quality and experience you get with an iphone,

A bit like owning a merc and a vauxhall, the vauxhall might have all the perks of a merc, but at the end of the day, the drive will never be like a merc. And the vauxhall owner will always go on how his car is fabulous, but he really knows that the merc is better!

I always get this sent to me, it was originally posted by brother Rizmalek.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2012 20:38

"Taalibah" wrote:
"Taalibah" wrote:
Did this when I first started getting phone memory issues last year with the HTC wildfire, vowed never to waste time over it ever again.

Try this if you have time. (Just googled for it. See the last post).

http://androidforums.com/htc-wildfire-s/463500-wildfire-s-internal-memory-full-problems.html

Wildfire S was designed as a budget Handset, so it wont do everything you want.

But at least they aren't like the iPhone, where you have one choice with different memories. HTC cater for all budgets and minds.

No post ratings
UK
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2012 21:14
The entire vauxhall / merc comparison is wrong.

It's more like comparing a bike with a car
Bike = Android
Car = iPhone

Shocked coming from me?

With a bike, you can ride it, carry it, customise it, spray it a different colour, change the chain to a different type, get different type of gears, get different type of brakes.

You get from A to B just like a car except you'll be fitter, the environment will be healthier and it'll cost you nothing

With a car, all you can do is drive it.. Everything is fixed for you and you can't change it. To sort a problem, you need a mechanic, you need licenses, mot, pay taxes and just like a bike, you get from A to B except it'll cost you almost £2 per gallon of fuel burning

So yea, why compare a vauxhall and a merc, the android is only a bike but it's YOUR bike
+2 -0Like x 2
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2012 21:40
I have a HTC sensation and was considering getting a one x or one s, the fact they don't have a sdcard option is holding me back tho.
+0 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2012 21:48

"Anonymous" wrote:
I have a HTC sensation and was considering getting a one x or one s, the fact they don't have a sdcard option is holding me back tho.

True, just like the iPhone. But it is sufficient. I use an 8 gig and its more than enough for my use. It all depends what they are used for.Why not wait for the iPhone5, they might introduce an as slot (rofl) or maybe even an extra button.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2012 21:50
JUST NOTICED A THIRD MEMBER HAS VOTED. HOW INTERESTING. I WONDER WHO THAT WAS. THE FIRST TWO ARE OBVIOUS. HMMM.... MUST BE AM INSIDE JOB.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2012 22:44
Just 3 members, LOL, iPhone not looking that disadvantaged, but beginning to sway now after reading all the positives about having a bike and all that! HTC one x specs seems quite impressive with 32gb, but lack of Arabic font support bit of a let down. Might wait for someone else to try it out first though.

Anyone with iPhone: recomend an app just saw today on family members phone called 'say hi' converts what you say into Arabic, and its not just word to word it repeats the whole phrase fluently in Arabic. Not available on Android.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2012 23:01
Taalibah wrote:
Anyone with iPhone: recomend an app just saw today on family members phone called 'say hi' converts what you say into Arabic, and its not just word to word it repeats the whole phrase fluently in Arabic. Not available on Android.

Jazakallah, if anyone finds this please post it on the Islamic iPhone Apps thread. This could be very beneficial to the others who do have an I phone. Alhumdulillah, may Allah reward the developers of that app.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2012 23:04
Just been told HTC one x heats up, too big, and poor battery life, don't think size is issue because iPhone quite bulky, will have to look into the handset getting too heated.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2012 00:49
www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/htc-one-x-...

They have used the Apple technique of no battery and no sd option and worst of all, Micro sim.

The One X gets the thumbs down from me.

I guess since they have bought One & Co, they have slipped a little and are competing with iPhone and taking it to the extreme. Wait till some law suit come out from Apple for patanted ideas.

Oh hold on a minute, maybe they thought that Apple have made their iPhone4 so that you cant put your sim in another phone and so HTC are saying Hello To Callers to come and explore, not a bad idea.

But still thumbs down from me.
No post ratings
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2012 13:37
That's the first I have heard about one x and heat issues. I recall seeing something about an early batch with chips/flakes coming off a few days after people had them, though HTC were replacing them for customers. Battery life test on one x came it ok, according to gsm arena.
I'm looking forward to Huawei Ascend d quad, promises to be fastest, power efficient, with sd card and cheaper than rivals. Downside is they won't be released until July and none of the major networks have said they will get it.

Ahmed
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2012 15:15
Yes I saw that, the Huawei Ascend d quad is a copy of the one X. I guess they have used the technology and kept the HTC principle and rejected Apples ideas. Even Huawei know and agree about Apple and i.
No post ratings

Jump to page: