Topic Appreciation
member2, Yasin, abu mohammed, Taalibah, sweetmuslimahk1, Naqshband66, Ahmeduk
12 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2011 10:46
abu mohammed wrote:
The Page has/had crashed and I couldnt see any of the posts, therefore I answered your Query not realising your Q! Anyway, I understand you have an Iphone, but the fact that you got so far into looking at the android apps makes me wonder, Do You Still Like The Iphone? We dont need to jailbreak the androids either.

lol, i still love my iphone! but also liking the Samsung galaxy s2, however if the sg2 is this good then the iPhone 5 will smash it.

Plus i cant justify spending £400 - £500 on a phone that will be replaced almost every 2 weeks - lol - and lose £300 in value, where as the iphone holds its value. so i think i will wait out till i5 and sell my i4 for £100 less then what i bought it on release day!
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2011 11:00
Try using the HTC desire HD or Desire S.

Very good, and like I mentioned before, no need to jailbreak them either.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2011 13:55

"rizmalek" wrote:
"abu mohammed" wrote:
The Page has/had crashed and I couldnt see any of the posts, therefore I answered your Query not realising your Q! Anyway, I understand you have an Iphone, but the fact that you got so far into looking at the android apps makes me wonder, Do You Still Like The Iphone? We dont need to jailbreak the androids either.
lol, i still love my iphone! but also liking the Samsung galaxy s2, however if the sg2 is this good then the iPhone 5 will smash it. Plus i cant justify spending £400 - £500 on a phone that will be replaced almost every 2 weeks - lol - and lose £300 in value, where as the iphone holds its value. so i think i will wait out till i5 and sell my i4 for £100 less then what i bought it on release day!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I have a cheap Orange San Francisco which I paid nearly £84.99 for, brand new. Its hacked and I have flashed it a million times and loaded loads of apps on it and then fashed and re-flashed...

It has been dropped,handled by kids and I useit daily for all sorts of things, no issues.

+1 -0Like x 1
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2011 00:55
@ uncle Muadh = thats the same phone im probs looking to buy. its just the 3mp camera im not too keen on ;-( which is making me look at the Sony experia X10 also that has 8mp ...
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2011 11:43

"Anonymous" wrote:
@ uncle Muadh = thats the same phone im probs looking to buy. its just the 3mp camera im not too keen on ;-( which is making me look at the Sony experia X10 also that has 8mp ...

Well, I had the Xperia mini sent to me first and everybody in the Masjid started calling it a girly phone so I had to return it.

Then I had the Xperia (proper) but there are not many hacks available...

Then I had the Samsung wave which was SUPER but didn't have Android so I sold it on ebay and bought the San Franciso

Brill Phone...Only problem is that it has the worst battery life!

: - ) If I wanted a Camera, I would go and buy a Camera :-)

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2011 13:30
save the hassle and get an iphone!! lol
+2 -0Like x 1Disagree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2011 13:47
Some news for MAC users.

Viruses will soon infect Apple. They are no longer safe.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2011 13:58

"rizmalek" wrote:
save the hassle and get an iphone!! lol

Hundreds of thousands of free Aaps on Adroid :-) Open source, superb support.

Why would I want to pay "Apple" everytime I sneeze?

My cheap Andorid does everything what an Iphone does and more for free, so convince me? Why do I need an apple?

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2011 14:41
unfortunately, its one of those things where you would have to use it, to realise the potential and what your missing out on.

especially the user interface and smoothness between apps. Not to mention all the high end devteams are on the Apple badwagon.

I have seen and used Adroid phones, and they dont have the same quality and experiece you get with an iphone,

A bit like, owning a merc and a vauxhall, the vauxhall might have all the perks of a merc, but at the end of the day, the drive will never be like a merc. and the vauxhall owner will always go on how his car is fabulous, but he really knows, that the merc is better!

+2 -0Like x 1Disagree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2011 14:47
I bought my wife the very latest Iphone at the time. I couldnt stand it and she loved it at first, and then couldnt stand the thing.

No one could bluetooth her anything, changing the ringtone to a specific type was a mission.

I had it jailbroken, still crap.

We all just laughed at it. Superb technology, yet so crap.

In the end I sold it after 6 months and made a loss on the phone. She now has the desire HD, awesome. I prefer the Desire S as its not so big and kills the Iphone 4.

Its like the vauxhall owner has a sticker on on his car saying that "My other car is a Merc".

Like you said, you have an iphone and an android. Soon you will get a cover for your iphone which says, my other phone is an android.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2011 15:03

"rizmalek" wrote:
unfortunately, its one of those things where you would have to use it, to realise the potential and what your missing out on. especially the user interface and smoothness between apps. Not to mention all the high end devteams are on the Apple badwagon. I have seen and used Adroid phones, and they dont have the same quality and experiece you get with an iphone, A bit like, owning a merc and a vauxhall, the vauxhall might have all the perks of a merc, but at the end of the day, the drive will never be like a merc. and the vauxhall owner will always go on how his car is fabulous, but he really knows, that the merc is better!

Let me tell you a story :-)

A few years ago we had a lot of sleet/freezing rain in our area and my workplace is down a hill.  Management told everyone to leave at around 13:00...

Everybody with a Mercedes (rear wheal drive) couldn't drive because it kept slipping despite traction control and some of them had to be rescued in freezing cold after their comfy Mercedes ran out of fuel in the "middle of the night" slipping and sliding!

Everybody with a Vauxhall, drove, went home and had a good night rest.

:-) :-) :-)

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2011 15:31
Muadh_Khan wrote:
"rizmalek" wrote:
unfortunately, its one of those things where you would have to use it, to realise the potential and what your missing out on. especially the user interface and smoothness between apps. Not to mention all the high end devteams are on the Apple badwagon. I have seen and used Adroid phones, and they dont have the same quality and experiece you get with an iphone, A bit like, owning a merc and a vauxhall, the vauxhall might have all the perks of a merc, but at the end of the day, the drive will never be like a merc. and the vauxhall owner will always go on how his car is fabulous, but he really knows, that the merc is better!
Let me tell you a story :-) A few years ago we had a lot of sleet/freezing rain in our area and my workplace is down a hill.  Management told everyone to leave at around 13:00... Everybody with a Mercedes (rear wheal drive) couldn't drive because it kept slipping despite traction control and some of them had to be rescued in freezing cold after their comfy Mercedes ran out of fuel in the "middle of the night" slipping and sliding! Everybody with a Vauxhall, drove, went home and had a good night rest. :-) :-) :-)

lol!

wrt seperate camera - i dont want to carry a phone AND camera on me at the same time ;-(

whats the advantages of getting a phone 'flashed' or 'jailbroken'. My current phone is an old sony ericsson so ive no idea what flashing and jailbreaking a phone does ;-(
No post ratings
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2011 15:33
lol thats a good one mashallah.

I did experience the snow issues, especially as i live on top of a hill!!! but i suppose solving the problem with snow tyres is no different to 'jailbreaking.'

And i would never get a case with "my other phone is an android" cos i dont feel they are worth the money!

OK OK i get it, you all love the android phones. i give up!

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2011 15:45
Nothing to keep the iphone up on its feet. never mind, another one bites the dust. (ex iphone user too)
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 1st June 2011 15:49

"Daywalk3r" wrote:
lol! wrt seperate camera - i dont want to carry a phone AND camera on me at the same time ;-( whats the advantages of getting a phone 'flashed' or 'jailbroken'. My current phone is an old sony ericsson so ive no idea what flashing and jailbreaking a phone does ;-(

:-) We don't carry these anymore, brother :-)

No post ratings

Jump to page: