member2, Yasin, abu mohammed, Taalibah, sweetmuslimahk1, Naqshband66, Ahmeduk
12 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1891 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2021 13:40
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah. I did try few stalls in market and few on lea Bridge Road they all saying 200 plus. I don't knw if phone is still under warranty so not sure if they will cover it. If u got number of guy u used i can try give them a call
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1892 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2021 13:47
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Number sent via PM

I recall Samsung are VERY expensive to repair due to the curved screen, so I'd suggest trying Samsung too. It's normally the same cost. Apologies for my previous £50 cost.

Samsung's repair is about £274

This site charge £229
repairmyphonescreen.co.uk/product/samsung-galaxy-s10-plus/

This site charge £189
www.whileyouwaitrepairs.co.uk/product/samsung-galaxy-s10-...

However, I'd only get it done online if they are the manufacturer or if you can be on site while they carry out repairs. At least you know your phone is at a legitamate "real" location and in your presence.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1893 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2021 18:03
In Saudi Arabia, deleting someone from a WhatsApp group could lead to jail

Users in kingdom close WhatsApp groups as legal interpretation about removing members raises alarm bells

Deleting someone from a WhatsApp group in Saudi Arabia could land users with a prison sentence and a hefty fine, according to a legal counsellor in the kingdom.

Legal adviser Ahmed Ajab told Makkah newspaper on Monday that Saudis could face significant consequences for the seemingly innocuous act.

Ajab cited a paragraph in Saudi Arabia’s anti-cybercrime law stipulating that those who defamed and caused harm to others through the means of information technology were subject to a fine and jail sentence.

He argued that if someone who had been removed from a WhatsApp group filed a complaint to the relevant authorities, the person responsible for the deletion could face up to one year in prison and a 500,000 riyal ($133,300) fine.

He said that being deleted from a group on the messaging app could result in “moral harm that reduces [a person’s] value and degrades his position", though he clarified that if departure from a group did not result in any current or potential harm, there would be no legal consequences.

Causing a stir in Saudi

On Thursday, Al-Watan said that the reports had raised alarm bells among Saudi WhatsApp users, many of whom had closed groups out of fear of being liable to punishment.

Lawyer Fawaz al-Dakhil told the newspaper that Ajab’s interpretation was misplaced and exaggerated, and said text from the anti-cybercrime law was not applicable to removals from WhatsApp groups.

Another lawyer, Khalid al-Mahmadi, said that while a member of a WhatsApp group could file a claim in a civil court for any damages they had sustained, there was no criminal penalty for removing members.

Reacting to the report on social media, a Sweden-based Saudi human rights activist accused Saudi Arabia of prioritising the imprisonment of members of WhatsApp groups, whilst not punishing authorities for alleged kidnappings and killings, and the disappearance of public funds.

Meanwhile, Sultan al-Amer, a US-based Saudi academic, said: “When your legal system is underdeveloped, you'll get legal advisers like this.”

www.middleeasteye.net/saudi-arabia-whatsapp-delete-group-...

Not a bad idea, but what happened to "ascertain the truth"? :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1894 [Permalink] Posted on 25th November 2021 10:00
Loading tweet
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#1895 [Permalink] Posted on 25th November 2021 14:08
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Lol.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1896 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2021 09:09
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1897 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2022 21:47
www.macrumors.com/2022/01/25/india-planning-homegrown-ope...

The Indian government is planning to incentivize the creation of an "indigenous" mobile operating system to rival iOS and Android, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has announced (via The Economic Times).

iPhone 12 Made in India
The proposal, announced on Monday by Minister of State for Electronics and IT Rajeev Chandrasekhar, will encourage the technology industry to create a homegrown Indian mobile OS. The new OS is explicitly intended to "create an alternative to iOS and Android" in India. Chandrasekhar noted that iOS and Android drive the development of hardware ecosystems, which is something that the government hopes the new platform will mirror, giving an Indian brand space to grow.

The Indian government is in the process of looking for suitable startups and academic institutions that are capable of developing a new OS. Detailed discussions are currently focusing on establishing clear goals for the project, which will be followed by legislation to target specific development aims. Chandrasekhar hinted that start-ups and companies working on an Indian OS may be attractive to domestic and foreign investment when raising capital.

The project fits in with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's aim to create domestic leaders across multiple industries and product categories, as well as bolster the country's technology industry. The Indian government has unveiled a roadmap to achieve $300 billion worth of electronics manufacturing in the country by 2026, up from $75 billion currently. Likewise, the country hopes to achieve $120 billion in electronics exports, up from $15 billion at present.

India is an increasingly important market to Apple, but it continues to face fierce competition from Android devices in the country. Apple has steadily increased the number of its devices manufactured in India, with up to 70 percent of all iPhones sold in the country being made there.

Following the launch of the Apple's online store in India in 2020, the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 were believed to be the bestselling smartphones in India. Mass production of the iPhone 13 in India is set to start next month and the country's first retail store is also on the way.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1898 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2022 08:08
Loading tweet
+1 -0
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#1899 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2022 11:21
Lol, I didn't think I'd post in this thread!

www.nytimes.com/2022/03/03/technology/surgeon-general-cov...

Quote:
The surgeon general calls on Big Tech to turn over Covid-19 misinformation data.

Dr. Vivek Murthy also demanded information from the platforms about the major sources of Covid-19 misinformation. Companies have until May 2 to submit the data.

This is about protecting the nation's health; said the surgeon general, Dr. Vivek Murthy.
“This is about protecting the nation’s health,” said the surgeon general, Dr. Vivek Murthy.Credit...Doug Mills/The New York Times

March 3, 2022

President Biden’s surgeon general on Thursday formally requested that the major tech platforms submit information about the scale of Covid-19 misinformation on social networks, search engines, crowdsourced platforms, e-commerce platforms and instant messaging systems.

A request for information from the surgeon general’s office demanded that tech platforms send data and analysis on the prevalence of Covid-19 misinformation on their sites, starting with common examples of vaccine misinformation documented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The notice asks the companies to submit “exactly how many users saw or may have been exposed to instances of Covid-19 misinformation,” as well as aggregate data on demographics that may have been disproportionately exposed to or affected by the misinformation.

The surgeon general, Dr. Vivek Murthy, also demanded information from the platforms about the major sources of Covid-19 misinformation, including those that engaged in the sale of unproven Covid-19 products, services and treatments.

“Technology companies now have the opportunity to be open and transparent with the American people about the misinformation on their platforms,” Dr. Murthy said in an emailed statement. He added: “This is about protecting the nation’s health.”

Companies have until May 2 to submit the data. Denying requests for information does not carry a penalty, but the notice is the first formal request from the Biden administration of the tech companies to submit Covid-19 misinformation data, according to the surgeon general’s office.

Six months ago, Dr. Murthy used his first formal advisory to the United States to deliver a broadside against tech and social media companies, which he accused of not doing enough to stop the spread of dangerous health misinformation — especially about Covid-19. He called the misinformation “an urgent threat to public health.”

The request for information is part of President Biden’s Covid National Preparedness Plan, which the White House detailed on Wednesday and which is a road map for a new stage of the pandemic where Covid-19 causes “minimal disruption,” according to the White House. Mr. Biden first revealed details of the plan during his State of the Union address Tuesday night.

In addition to demanding misinformation data from the tech platforms, the surgeon general called on health care providers and the public to submit information about how Covid-19 misinformation has negatively influenced patients and communities.

Communism in the making lol
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1900 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2022 14:34
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1901 [Permalink] Posted on 17th June 2022 09:19
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

I was looking for a post regarding iPhone batteries since my theories about their batteries are finally coming to a court near you ;)

Nevermind about the battery. I just read this post again so I wanted to highlight that still not much has changed on the iPhone side of life. Same good quality rubbish :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1902 [Permalink] Posted on 15th July 2022 12:34
Loading tweet

The other crystal clear image will be of the highway code breach, not for crooks.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#1903 [Permalink] Posted on 16th July 2022 00:32
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Not really fair to compare million dollar satellite/telescope with a cheap council camera lol
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#1904 [Permalink] Posted on 17th July 2022 03:32
Yasin wrote:
View original post
Quote:
Not really fair to compare million dollar satellite/telescope with a cheap council camera
Subhanallah, I was going to say the exact same thing, brother.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1905 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2022 10:24
Loading tweet
No post ratings

Jump to page: