Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The Wit And Intelligence Of Imam Abu Hanifah (ra)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2011 00:09
Dahak Shari Is Left Speechless

Abu Walid Tayalasi narrates: Dahak Shari came to Imam Abu Hanifa (rahmatullahi 'alayh) in Kufa and said: "Repent!" Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi 'alayh) asked: "Repent from what?" He replied: "Repent for considering arbitration permissible." Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi 'alayh) asked him: "Will you kill me or debate with me?" He replied: "I wish to debate with you." Upon this Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi 'alayh) said: "If we do have any difference of opinion over any issue, who will judge between us?" Dahak said: "You may appoint anyone you wish to judge between us."

Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi 'alayh) called one of his colleagues and asked him to sit down near them. He advised his colleague: "If we do have any differences, please pass judgement between us." Addressing Dahak, Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi 'alayh) asked: "Are you satisfied with this man being an arbitrator between us?" When he replied in the affirmative, Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi 'alayh) remarked: "Then you yourself are guilty of considering arbitration permissible." Dahak was left dumbstruck.

('Uqudul-Jamman fi Manaqibil Imamil-A'zam Abi Hanifata An-Nu'man, By Muhaddith 'Allamah Shasud-Deen Muhammad Ibn Yusuf Salihi Dimashqi Shafi'ee rahmatullahi 'alayh)

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2011 10:44
Reproving A Person Who Regarded Hadrat 'Uthman (May Allah be pleased with him) As A Jew

Khatib Baghdadi narrates that Muhammad Ibn 'Abdur-Rahman said: A man in Kufa believed Hadrat Uthman (radiallahu 'anhu) was (Na'oothu Billah) a Jew. When Imam Abu Hanifa (rahmatullahi alaih) heard of this, he went to his house. The man gave him a hearty welcome.

Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) told him: "I have brought a marriage proposal." He asked, "For whom?" Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi 'alaih) replied: "For your daughter. The man who seeks your daughter's hand is very noble and affluent. He is a Hafiz of the Holy Qur'an. He spends the entire night in a single Rak'at of Salah. He is also very generous. He weeps very bitterly out of fear of Allah ('azza wa jal)." The man explaimed, "Abu Hanifa, you didn't have to mention so many of his attributes. Less than that would have also sufficed." Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) then added: "However, there is one attribute I did not mention." He asked: "What is that?" Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) replied: "The problem is that he is a Jew."

The man retorted: "Subhanallah! Are you suggesting I hand my daughter over to a Jew?" Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi 'alayh) replied: "Will you not hand her over then?" He replied, "Never!"

Upon this Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) remarked, "You are not prepared to marry your daughter off to a Jew, whereas Rasulullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) got two of his daughters married to a Jew?"

The man then realized the wickedness of his belief and seeking forgiveness from Allah ('azza wa jal), he retracted what he said.

('Uqudul-Jamman fi Manaqibil Imamil-A'zam Abi Hanifata An-Nu'man, By Muhaddith 'Allamah Shasud-Deen Muhammad Ibn Yusuf Salihi Dimashqi Shafi'ee rahmatullahi 'alayh)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2011 00:19
Imam Abudl-Fald Kirmani said: 'The Khawarij maintain that a person who commits a sin falls into kufr (disbelief). And the person who does not agree with them on this belief also becomes a kaafir (disbeliever).

When they came to Kufa, they were informed that this man (a referance to Imam Abu Hanifa - rahmatullahi alaih) is the Shaykh if the Kufans. They arrested Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) and insisted he repent from kufr. Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) replied: 'I repent from your kufr.' Again they insisted he repent from kufr. Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) asked: 'Is this accusation you level against me based on conviction or suspicion?' They replied, 'On suspicion.' Imam Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) commented: 'The Holy Quran declares: 'Verily some forms of suspicion are a sin.' (49:12) And this sin (according to your belief) is kufr. So you should repent from kufr.''

No post ratings