MYTH: If you touch anyone, they will DIE
MYTH: If you want to protect your loved ones, NEVER meet them ever again
MYTH: If you don't wear a mask, you will DIE
MYTH: If you go near someone without a mask, you will DIE
MYTH: The PCR test is perfect
MYTH: 99.97% of deaths in 2020 globally were Covid deaths
MYTH: If you don't wear a mask, a grandma somewhere will DIE
MYTH: Hospitals are FULL
MYTH: There are no side effects of injecting foreign material in vaccines into your body and there never will be any problems.
MYTH: If you don't take a vaccine, you will DIE
MYTH: If you are 2 meters away, you are safe and nothing can harm you
MYTH: If you are 1.99 meters or less to someone, you will DIE
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2021 13:07
MYTH: If someone who criticises the MSM and political narrative and doesn't wear a mask or stay 2m apart, it's MURDER but the ones who believe in it can ignore it and constantly type "Saves lives" when it's posted by them like here in a post about "myths" from "disqualified" doctors:

e.g.
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

KP Police.. many without masks and no 2m distancing
twitter.com/KP_Police1/status/1349023949234044928

I salute the police for being sensible and not accusing the ones without masks and praying almost side by side less than 2m apart of murder. Even the ones with masks most noses are exposed. Alhamdulillah.

I think image is perfect here:
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2021 13:38
I see this is on the light side and you are highlighting certain things, but I would like to tell you of my personal experience which is not from the light side.

I was in a (Covid+) Hospital ward with only a face mask and hand sanitized. I was with a dying man, touching his bear hands, helping him drink water and placing the oxygen mask back on his face. He was coughing as he normally would before he was in hospital.

I kissed his forehead with the mask on and prayed for him.

He was not on a ventilator, Alhumdulillah, but the doctors had said he had very little time.

This man was fortunate enough to see his entire family. He saw his mother and all his siblings (who travelled over 100 miles to come and see him during the 3rd lockdown), all his children and his closest niece and nephews, all of whom were in direct contact with him inside the ward with just a face mask, one at a time. (only 2 people were allowed at the bedside at a time)

He died without a struggle and went peacefully.

His entire family had the virus prior to him being admitted to the hospital, he was only admitted in hospital due to his health and after the ambulance spent 5 hours outside his house trying to bring his oxygen levels back to normal. He was the only one who didn't make it. He was ill from before for many years.

What we see on the news with all the PPE and so was not seen at all. In fact all staff members were in their uniform with facemasks on. That does not mean they do not wear PPE, I just didn't see it on that day inside that ward.

The point is, these myths are made up by fools, misunderstood by bigger fools and propagated as fact by even bigger fools. All the doctors and Ulama are trying to do is to try and give a better understanding to educate others and how they should take precautions

Masks
With regards to the masks, I saw how effective they can be as long as they are used correctly. This is the same message you have been putting out amongst the heap of information. The same message others are putting out there via videos and posts. But much of the information gets missed due to the bias and assumptions.

Deaths
My dad lost his first cousin in Canada at the age 48 at the very start of the pandemic, she was asthmatic and tested positive. She died in hospital after being put on a ventilator

My mum lost her younger brother at the age of 61 at the start of the 3rd lockdown. He was disabled and had many health issues. He died in hospital and was tested positive. But he was not on the ventilator nor did he have major breathing difficulties. He was deteriorating.

The Imam who did the Janazah for this man said he alone did 250 male and 80-90 female janazahs during this pandemic alone (He was doing Janazahs of people from outside of his local area as no one was willing to do janazah and ghusl properly - this then changed and others started to follow too)

Isolation
Close family members have tested positive yet at the same time, no one else tested positive under the same roof and there was no proper isolation, just face masks and sanitization. BUT this won't be the same for everyone!

People are dying that's the truth, people are catching the virus and most are surviving.

The virus shouldn't be taken lightly neither should the so called myths.

From what I see between each member here is that everyone is on a similar page in terms of their understanding, but are not able to express their understandings. Just because some agree less with one and more with another, the conclusion mostly comes down to the same thing. And that is, More People are dying, regardless of the nature.

But that's my view of it!

Have trust in Allah but take all the necessary precautions too! (Tie the camel first then put your trust in Allah)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2021 13:44
super-glue wrote:
View original post

Regarding many of your points raised here, who claims these are true or who really believes most of these to be true?

I might as well say Myth: wearing face masks gives you superhero powers
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2021 13:51
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Exactly
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2021 13:58
Quote:
With regards to the masks, I saw how effective they can be as long as they are used correctly. This is the same message you have been putting out amongst the heap of information. The same message others are putting out there via videos and posts. But much of the information gets missed due to the bias and assumptions.

I'll just comment on this

* You did the right thing wearing a mask. Generally, hospital is a place of illness.
* The mask did not save you.
* You cannot know if it would have been different if you didn't wear one
* No scientist or doctor claims that the mask will protect you from anything airborne. In fact, they're always screaming it's to protect others. Now let me guess, the ill didn't have masks on?

This is the general public logic:
In 2019 I didn't die from the virus. In 2019 I had hair on my head all the time. Therefore, if I get a baldie I will get the virus and die. That's their logic.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2021 14:29
super-glue wrote:
View original post

Exactly

The rope didn't prevent the camel from escaping or getting lost. But the rope must be tied and the trust in the means must be taken and the will of Allah is final.

Question is, which rope would one go for.

Similarly, one would go for the most preventative measures and take as many precautions as they possibly could. When they don't, why do they expect help from Allah?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2021 15:20
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Lol, so you are saying some are not myths, they are facts.

Which ones?

Let's clear this up once and for all.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2021 15:42
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Let's not please
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2021 17:32
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

No, i am saying some of the statements labelled as being myths are so farfetched that the majority of persons would not even have such beliefs regarding covid. Such "myths" surrounding covid do not exist.
+0 -0Facepalm x 1