Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Bible vs Christians

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha, abu mohammed, ummi taalib, xs11ax, Seifeddine-M, Taalibah, umm-e-abdullah, Maripat, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 16:28

Ablution

Exodus 40:29-32  “He set the altar of burnt offering near the entrance to the tabernacle, the tent of meeting, and offered on it burnt offerings and grain offerings, as the Lord commanded him. He placed the basin between the tent of meeting and the altar and put water in it for washing, and Moses and Aaron and his sons used it to wash their hands and feet.  They washed whenever they entered the tent of meeting or approached the altar, as the Lord commanded Moses.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 16:32

Prostration to God

Numbers 20:6  “Moses and Aaron went from the assembly to the entrance to the tent of meeting and fell facedown, and the glory of the Lord appeared to them.

Revelation 7:11  “All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,

Genesis 17:3-4  “Abraham fell facedown, and God said to him, As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 16:35

Corrupting the name "Abraham"

God granted a special name to Sayyiduna Ibraheem (AS) as Abraham (plural) in the bible and yet every major modern translation still keeps calling him Abram (singular) instead of calling him what God calls him as a "title".

Genesis 17:3-5  “Abraham fell facedown, and God said to him, As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations.

This special title was granted after prostration to God.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 16:44

3 Times a day: Prayer

Daniel 6:10 “Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

Psalm 55:17 “Evening, morning and noon, I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 16:46

Afternoon Prayer

Acts 3:1 “One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon.

Acts 10:30 “Cornelius answered: “Three days ago I was in my house praying at this hour, at three in the afternoon. Suddenly a man in shining clothes stood before me

Caution: Clocks were invented in the last century and this "three in the afternoon" is a newly added translation as I am sure that Peter & John didn't have an iPhone to set an Alarm!

+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2018 10:25

Pope Tweets in Arabic

This is not relevant to this thread but I want to bring this up to show you how effective the propaganda machine is, please pay attention to words and I will try to make it as plain as possible for you in English.

Loading tweet

Certainly, the words of Allah demand that they enter from ear to heart, from heart to the hands (limbs) and to Amaal-Saliha (good deeds).

Loading tweet

Certainly, Allah who is the most Generous uses you and me to help (our brothers). 

Loading tweet

The life of Eemaan is based upon the desire to be with our Rabb and thus the continuous search to look for the places where He resides.

Loading tweet

Eemaan which does not put us in crisis is Eemaan in crisis and Eemaan which does not make us grow is Eemaan which needs to grow.

Loading tweet

Through Salah we enter a constant relationship with Allah and the source of true Joy and happiness.

Loading tweet

Allahu-Akbar (than anything). A lit candle is enough to overcome the darkest night.

Before I move on...

Most of you reading these tweets are non-Arabs and you may be thinking that surely Arabs won’t fall for these play on words?

We will now carry on with our regular tranmission of the Bible quotes

No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2018 03:24
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Aren't there Arabic speaking Christians in the Middle East? Aren't these tweets nominally directed towards them?
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2018 09:22

abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

You are right in one sense but terms like "Allahu-Akbar", "Salah", "Eemaan" are not native to Arab Christians is what I am trying to point out.

+2 -0
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2018 05:39
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Old copy of bible says ninth hour. Don't know how they calculated it as three in afternoon

Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, [being] the ninth [hour.]
No post ratings
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2018 05:48
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I am aware that in India that Christian missionaries are learning arabic and came across one person. They print calendar which has arabic which looks like dua but on closer examination those are verses from Bible and imam of my masjid got one such calendar.

I think they are preparing for mission among economically weaker section of people who speak arabic like Africa or war torn Iraq/Afghanistan.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2018 03:45
hmdsalahuddin wrote:
View original post

name of place in india
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2018 11:19

Chrsitian Reaction:

Firstly, I know the bible fairly well. Secondly, I have interacted with and discussed Christianity with many Christians and priests over the past 2-3 decades.

I am quoting just a few or may be even a single verse on a topic and not exhausting the whole discussion on a topic.
When you choose to present these verses to a Christian, the standard responses will be:

1. The Person does not know anything about the bible.
  2. The person needs to quote the commentary (there is no such thing as “Classic Tafseer OR opinion of Salaf” in Christianity, by the way). When Christians tell you about commentary it simply means explanation from whatever Church or denomination they belong or agree with
  3. These commandments were temporary and point in time (to the tribe of Israel) to make them distinct from other tribes
  4. These are food and ceremonial laws and the importance is to LOVE JESUS to attain salvation.

Christians will tie themselves in knots trying to answer questions about the “bible” and eventually change the subject to talk about “Love” and “Jesus”. They will deflect and cast aside questions about the bible and even turn around and say “What if I started quoting verses from the Qur’aan about Jihad and killing people etc?”

The only difference is that we Muslims will be happy to take on any questions on the Qur’aan and will gladly answer them in detail and always do.

And now normal service resumes...

+2 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2018 07:41

Kill the one who works on Sabbath

Exodus 35:1-3 “Moses assembled the whole Israelite community and said to them, “These are the things the Lord has commanded you to do: For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a day of sabbath rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it is to be put to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2018 16:03

Sacrifice your first born Child/Animal

Exodus 22:29-30 “Do not hold back offerings from your granaries or your vats.You must give me the firstborn of your sons. Do the same with your cattle and your sheep. Let them stay with their mothers for seven days, but give them to me on the eighth day

Ezekiel 20:25-26 “So I gave them other statutes that were not good and laws through which they could not live; I defiled them through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the Lord.’

P.S: Child sacrifice is actually pretty common in the bible and repeated and/or alluded to many times.

+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2018 16:08

Menstruating women defile everything!

Leviticus 15:19-20 “When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. “‘Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean.

No post ratings