You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, samah, Maria al-Qibtiyya
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2016 14:03
Although posted on the light side, this is something new to me and so I'm sharing with others because we all do it as a joke and out of normality/seriousness.

If someone is seeking permission and is asked who he is, he should introduce himself with his known name or his nickname. It is not enough to say: "It's me!" Imams Bukhari and Muslim reported that Jabir رضي الله عنه came to the prophet (saw) and knocked on his door. The prophet replied, "Who is it?", Jabir replied, "It's me!". The prophet (saw) hated that and said, "It's me, It's me", meaning that he hated this useless response.

Source (to be verified)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2016 14:14
REPLYING TO ‘WHO IS IT?’

When knocking on the door you may be asked: 'Who is it?' Identify yourself, using your most common name but do not respond with: ‘It's me’, or ‘somebody’, or ’Guess who?’ 'These words are useless in identifying who is at the door. The Prophet Peace and blessings be upon him discouraged one from saying: ‘It’s me’ because it does not reveal your name. Al-Bukhari reported that Jabir ibn Abdullah said: ‘I came to the Prophet Peace and blessings be upon him and knocked on his door and he asked: ‘Who is it?’ I answered: ‘It is me’ and the Prophet Peace and blessings be upon him disapprovingly said: ‘It is me, it is me.’ For this reason, the companions used to mention their names whenever they were asked: ‘Who is it?’

Darul Uloom Bury
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1