Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Makkah, Madinah, History, Museum Pictures & Video inside the Kabah

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.6% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
muslimah101, queenie, amelita, rizmalek, sweetmuslimahk1, Yasin, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, ummi taalib, member2, Cloudy, icedude786, Taalibah, Acacia, Jinn, AishaZaynap, abuzayd2k
163 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#166 [Permalink] Posted on 8th January 2012 20:11

During King Fahd Expansion
Great view!

Did anyone notice the zig zag on the roof on the right hand side near the single dome?

Its no longer there, They filled the area up and made it into a square with only one corner.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#167 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2012 16:33
Assalamualikum,

I have heard in the speech of Maulana Ilyas Ghuman D.B that on the pillars of Masjid-e-Nabawi is wriiten the names of the 4 Caliphs and then of "Imam Abu Haneefa R.E.H" Nauman bin Sabit.

Can you please try to get the pics of his name on the pillar. Inshallah it will help showcase the stature and excellence of the great Imam.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#168 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2012 16:49
Will look into it inshaAllah.

Although this will not be as strong as the narrations being posted by brother Seifeddine, because an excuse will be made that it was the Turks who built some of those pillars and they were Hanafi, or something like that.

Khair, I will look into the description of the pillars inshaAllah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#169 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2012 18:22
Construction of the Mataf marble floor
(Very Old Picture)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#170 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2012 19:07

"M Shaykh" wrote:
Assalamualikum, I have heard in the speech of Maulana Ilyas Ghuman D.B that on the pillars of Masjid-e-Nabawi is wriiten the names of the 4 Caliphs and then of "Imam Abu Haneefa R.E.H" Nauman bin Sabit. Can you please try to get the pics of his name on the pillar. Inshallah it will help showcase the stature and excellence of the great Imam.

This is from my blog post with the second video covering the pillars, no mention here but I will still check.

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mohammed/343_27-05-2010/tour-masjid-al-nabawi.html

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#171 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2012 19:09
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#172 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2012 20:27
The secret behind the cool tile of the Grand Mosque in Makkah

This type of marble called "Thassos" exists only in Greece. A large amount had been bought for the Two Holy Mosques for the specificity of this type.

Thassos absorbs moisture at night through the pores and releases during the day what it absorbed in the night, making it permanently cool even during the heat of the day.

The rumors that there are cold water pipes under the mataf are not true.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#173 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2012 20:29
Thassos White marble

Mecca & Medina

The F.H.L. Group is, starting from 2008, continuously providing Thassos White marble of first choice quality to the foreign company SAUDI BIN LADIN GROUP. The special sizes plates of dimensions 1.20 x 0.40 x 0.05 / 0.04m are used in the worldwide known religious places of worship Mecca and Medina.

The plate’s dimensions are chosen respectively to the space necessary to a religionist to kneel on the ground and execute his prayers. The Thassos marble is furthermore worldwide known to be the marble with the highest reflection to the sun beams and this for the one with the lowest heat absorbance, which secures to the religionists a well tempered ground to kneel on. It also has to be remarked that the colour white is considered to be holy in the Muslim religion.

http://www.fhl.gr/projects-mecca.php#thumbs

Presentation of the marble: http://www.fhl.gr/files/sivec-presentation.pdf

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#174 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2012 20:33

I remember these days when we were able to walk down the stairs to the well of zam zam, I missed it when I went for Umrah, but I must admit, It is very hard to see how they managed so many Hajis with such a huge gap in the walk way.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#175 [Permalink] Posted on 11th January 2012 10:08
Old Column

i

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#176 [Permalink] Posted on 11th January 2012 16:13

SOURCE OF THE FOLLOWING INFO ON MASJID E NABAWI

http://almiskeenah.blogsome.com/category/al-masjid-an-nabawi-as-sharif/

Details of various curtains that once graced the Hujrah, the Honoured Room of the most honoured of creation, Muhammad SallAllahu alaihi wasallam.  

Almutawaj belkarama
The one crowned with miracles

Almuzallal belghamama

The one shaded by clouds  

Allah’s peace and blessings be upon the Prophet and his family.

This was the gold medallion shaped embroidered motif that used to cover the Muwajaha, exquisite!

Qur’anic verses and Salawaat adorn one of the curtains that used to surround the Abode of our Blessed Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam.  

The first cover sent from Istanbul to Madinah, woven during the reign of Sultan Ahmad 1. Old covers would be sent back to Istanbul by the current Amir at the time and taken to the tomb of Abu Ayyub al-Ansari RadhiAllahu anhu where they would be displayed for some time before being sent to the Apartments of the Holy Mantle in the Topkapi Palace Museum.

Some narrations say it was the mother of Haroon Rashid, the Abbasid Caliph (786-809 CE)  who donated the first curtain for the Hujrah, others say it was the wife. And Allah the Almighty knows best.

After that it was the Prime Minister of Egypt who ordered a white curtain decorated and embellished with Surah Yasin. Two years later the Caliph sent violet curtains with his name being the main motif! The next one recorded was black, which accompanied his mother when she came for Hajj, and then another sent to be placed over these two, forming three layers.

Thereafter, every six years a Kiswa made of white silk embroidered with gold and silver from Egypt was provided.

Kiswa al-Saadat, the Curtain of Bliss

When the Ottomans were in control they established the green curtain with red and gold calligraphy features as above.

Detail of the above,bearing inscriptions and greetings of peace and praise for The Holy Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam.

These designs are stunning, not only for their artisitic merit, which is superlative, but for the fact that they all once veiled our Blessed Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam! Allahu Akbar!

All of these examples are in the Topkapi Palace Museum, Istanbul, and if unable to visit Turkey then vicariously travel to see these Mubarak relics in the magnificent volume, The Sacred Trusts.

All good is from Allah Ta’ala whereas mistakes are from this humble speck. May Allah Ta’ala Bless all readers, bringing you all closer to Him and His Rasul SallAllahu alaihi wasallam. May He accept our humble efforts and grant us the capacity to be good and do good. Ameen. 

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#177 [Permalink] Posted on 11th January 2012 16:35

My Minbar is on my pool.

My Minbar is a tura’a (various translations describe tura’a as a door, a step and other scholars have said it means a garden in a raised platform) of Jannah.

The feet of my Minbar will be steps of a ladder for Jannah. 

The corners of my Minbar are firmly planted in Jannah.

Such blessed descriptions from our Beloved Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam of his Minbar. Whatever the external appearance the Minbar has, or ever will have, the fact remains that our Noble Nabi SallAllahu alaihi wasallam addressed the stellar Sahabah RadhiAllahu with his weekly Khutab from the Mubarak ground where this lavish Ottoman structure now stands.

As mentioned in previous posts, Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam initially delivered the Khutbah leaning on a palm tree trunk which was positioned near the original Mihrab. During the eighth year after hijrah, when the number of Sahabah had greatly increased, and it was difficult for the assembled crowd to see and hear the Messenger of Allah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam, it was suggested that a new raised Minbar be constructed.

Narrated Jabir RadhiAllahu anhu: “A woman said, "O Allah’s Apostle! Shall I get something constructed for you to sit on as I have a slave who is a carpenter?" He replied, "Yes, if you like." So she had that pulpit constructed.”

It is recorded that the wood for this simple three stepped edifice was from Al-Ghaba, a forested area approximately 10 kilometers north west of Masjid Nabawi.  This land was owned by Az-Zabair ibn Al-‘Alawwam and his wife Asma RadhiAllahu anhum, they purchased it for one hundred and seventy thousand dirham. They established the first abattoir for the residents of this Enlightened City. When he died it was sold for one million six hundred thousand dirham! Ruins of a pond that existed at the time still exist till now. 

The following two photos are from Al-Ghaba, also known as the Wild Park, is a popular picnic location for the locals. Credit to sister Anisah for these wonderful photos.

Sahl bin Sa’d was asked about the Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam pulpit as to what thing it was made of?  Sahl replied: "None remains alive amongst the people, who know about it better than I. It was made of tamarisk wood of the forest. So and so, the slave of so and so prepared it for Allah’s Apostle. When it was constructed and placed in the Masjid, Allah’s Apostle stood on it facing the Qibla and said ‘Allahu Akbar’, and the people stood behind him and led the people in prayer. He recited and bowed and the people bowed behind him. Then he raised his head and stepped back, got down and prostrated on the ground and then he again ascended the pulpit, recited, bowed, raised his head and stepped back, got down and prostrate on the ground. So, this is what I know about the pulpit."

Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam used to sit on the third step, placing his Mubarak feet on the second step. Later, Abu Bakr As-Siddiq RadhiAllahu anhu, would sit on the second step, placing his feet on the first step, and then ‘Umar ibn Khattab RadhiAllahu anhu would sit on the first step, placing his feet on the ground. For six years Caliph Uthman RadhiAllahu anhu  followed the habit of ‘Umar RadhiAllahu anhu, but then began to deliver the Khutbah from the third rung as did Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam.

Numerous renovations have taken place over the centuries.

When Mu’awiyah RadhiAllahu anhu was Amir, he extended the height of the Minbar to that of nine rungs, with the Khateeb sitting on the seventh rung.

It has been narrated that during this time the original three wooded steps were showing signs of deterioration. Wooden structures do not survive the intense weather conditions here, or the presence of white ants who favour all things wooden. So Mu’awiyah RadhiAllahu anhu decided to replace these three rings from the time of Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam. When the attempt to remove these steps began, the sky blackened, to the extent that stars appeared in the sky, even though it was day time. People were fearful, wondering what terrible punishment was being sent to them. Mu’awiyah RadhiAllahu anhu ordered the halt of the renovations and decided instead of replacing the three steps to place them as the top three rungs. SubhanAllah! Just as the palm tree trunk had wept and was so saddened, so too were these three steps.

In 654 A.H. the Minbar was burnt during the fire that damaged the Masjid, so in 656 A.H. Al-Muzahar who was the ruler of Yemen at the time sent a Minbar that was used for ten years. The next one was a gift from Egypt, from Al-Zahir Baibarus in the year 666 A.H. This was again replaced in 797 A.H. by Al-Zahir Barquq, and then another sent by Al-Muayid in 820 A.H.

In 886A.H. another fire destroyed the Minbar. This time the people of Madinah constructed a brick replacement, painting it with a coat of white paint. After two years Al-Ashraf Qaitabai sent a more sophisticated marble replacement which remained until the Ottoman Sultan Murad the Third in 998 A.H. sent the current Minbar. 

The elegant Qaitabai one is now in Masjid Quba,

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#178 [Permalink] Posted on 11th January 2012 16:45
The present Haram Shareef Minbar is made of an expensive marble with gold decorations. A dome sits on marble columns creating an elongated appearance. There are twelve steps, three which are outside the door, with nine inside. The richly ornamented door has the following written above it:

"Sultan Murad bin Saleem sent this to be rewarded on the Day of Judgement. May his kingdom be high forever. The best of cities be under his peaceful control. For the Garden of Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu alaihi wasallam. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala's Graces and Honours be bestowed upon him since all people received guidance through him. This pulpit is built with full sincerity to seek guidance and blessing. May much guidance be imparted from the top of this pulpit to thise who seek this guidance. Sa'ad composed these verses and the pulpit was made by Sultan Murad in 997 A.H."

Ibn Najjar said: "The pulpit will be placed on the Haud Kawthar and it will be reborn just like all other creatures of Allah Ta'ala on the Day of Judgement." And Ibn Hajar agrees with this explanation, while Khattabi explains this to mean that due to the good deeds enacted near the Minbar it will be honoured with being placed at the Haud Kawthar, SubhanAllah!

On the other hand according to a Hadith, if a person makes a false oath near the Prophet's Minbar, even if it were about, or as little as a green siwak, then that person will take his place in Jahannam. Audhu BiLlah.

Narrated Aishah, Ummul Mu'minin RadhiAllahu anha: "The Apostle of Allah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam used to setup a pulpit in the mosque for Hassan Radhiallahu anhu who would stand on it and satirize those who spoke against the Apostle of Allah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam. The Apostle of Allah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam would say: The spirit of holiness, Gabriel is with Hassan RadhiAllahu anhu so long as he speaks in defense of the Apostle of Allah."

On another occasion the beloved Hassan and Hussein RadhiAllahu anhuma, dressed in red shirts, playfully arrived in the Masjid when their blessed grandfather SallAllahu alaihi wasallam when he was on the Minbar. He came down from the Minbar, took them and ascended it with them. He then said: Allah truly said:

Your property and your children are only a test for you. (64.15),

Another narration states: Allah's Messenger SallAllahu alaihi wasallam mounted the pulpit and called in a loud voice, "You who have accepted Islam with your tongues but whose hearts have not been reached by faith, do not annoy the Muslims, or revile them, or seek out their faults; for he who seeks out the faults of his brother Muslim will have his faults sought out by Allah and he whose faults are sought out by Allah will be exposed by Him, even though he should be in the interior of his house."

The Prophet led us in prayer and then went up to the pulpit and beckoned with both hands towards the Qiblah of the mosque and then said, "When I started leading you in prayer, I saw the display of Paradise and Hell on the wall of the mosque facing the Qiblah. I never saw good and bad as I have seen today." He repeated the last statement thrice.

Imagine! Any wonder that the sky turned black at the thought of these humble wooden steps to be removed. SubhanAllah, such a sublime heritage we have been blessed with.

SubhanAllah! Such a blessed piece of Jannah! With so much said at this hallowed place from the Mubarak lips of our Noble Nabi SallAllahu alaihi wasallam to assist us on the path to Jannah! May we take heed and all meet in Jannah by the Haud Kawthar, Ameen.

All good is from Allah Ta'ala whereas mistakes are from this humble speck. May Allah Ta'ala Bless all readers, bringing you all closer to Him and His Rasul SallAllahu alaihi wasallam. May He accept our humble efforts and grant us the capacity to be good and do good. Ameen.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#179 [Permalink] Posted on 11th January 2012 19:06

Al-Ustawanah, The Columns, The Pillars in the Sacred Garden.

“What is between my house and my minbar is a meadow of the meadows of Jannah, and my minbar is on my pool,” said our Beloved Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam.

SubhanAllah, the heart bursts. Exploding and descending into unimaginable depths of sweetness. Transported to realms heavenly and divine. Transfixed; not only due to the sanctity and sacredness of this chosen Mubarak piece of ground that Allah Ta’ala has blessed as the earthly parallel of Jannah, but this is where His Habib SallAllahu alaihi wasallam worshipped, taught, listened, received revelations from Jibreel Alaihis Sallam, walked, smiled, fasted, distributed booty, united so many in marriage, prayed Janazah over his daughters, his son, his companions, called for Jihad. This is the very place where thousands of the Sahabah RadhiAllahu anhu walked, sat, listened, worshipped, and where thousands of our illustrious predecessors Rahmatullah alaihum also graced the hallowed ground. And where today, and tomorrow, until Allah Ta’ala deems otherwise, our pious scholars raise their hands, praising, and seeking for the entire Ummah, where individuals from every far-flung corner of the globe humbly present themselves to the Mercy of the Worlds SallAllahu alaihi wasallam, where millions more turn their hearts from wherever they may be. Such Shukr that we have been blessed with the power of projecting our hearts and minds to this place regardless of where our physical body may be, and such Shukr that Allah Ta’ala has blessed us with Angels roaming the entire Universe to convey our Salam and Durood upon His Rasul SallAllahu alaihi wasallam. SubhanAllah, Alhumdulillah, La ilaha illAllah, Allahu Akbar.

The columns, or pillars in the Sacred Rowdha stand in the exact place where the original palm tree trunks erected by our Beloved Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam and his Sahabah RadhiAllahu anhum stood. Constructed under his SallAllahu alaihi wasallam gaze! This image in itself is enough to induce delirium, and a state of ecstasy! With all the expansions and renovations, the distinct positions have not altered. And each of these honoured places has a soul stirring tale to tell.

The Sahabah RadhiAllahu anhum loved to pray behind these columns, as did billions throughout the centuries and the millions now. Umar Radhiallahu anhu, used to say: “Those who pray have more right to the trunks than those who sit there conversing.” And when he saw a man praying away from them, he pulled him to behind a pillar saying: “pray facing it.” Anas ibn Malik RadhiAllahu anhu said: “I saw the elders among the Sahabah RadhiAllahu anhum rush to the pillars at Maghrib to pray, until the Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam came out.”

These columns are marked with a relief medallion near the top, bearing the specific name inscribed in Arabic with golden letters on a green background. (Discernable in the photo below)

1. Al-Ustuwanatul-Mukhallaqah, also known as the Hannana column, and Column of the Mushaf.

This is the thickset column immediately behind the Mihrab.(detail above) It marks the place where Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam used to lead Salat after the direction of Qiblah was changed to the Ka’abah. Various narrations are cited as to the name of “the perfumed pillar”. One states that one day our Beloved Nabi SallAllahu alaihi wasallam saw that someone had spat on the trunk, so one of the Sahabah cleaned it and then applied perfume (Khalooq) to the place. Another account is during the time of the caliph, Haroon Rashid, his mother, Al-Khayzuran, when she came for Hajj in 170 A.H. perfumed all the pillars, applying more to this one and Aishah’s Pillar.

This column is also named Hannana because it was the site of the trunk of a palm tree against which the Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam used to lean during the Khutbah. When he began using the new Minbar the trunk shook and wept, shaking bitterly as if it was going to burst with agony, until our gentle Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam stepped down from the Minbar and calmed it with his hand. He continued to offer Salat at this trunk until work on extensions began during the time of the caliphate of Uthman RadhiAllahu anhu. Some narrations say that it was then moved to the house of Abu ibn Ka’b, where it remained until it decayed, some say it was buried where it was, others say it was buried under the Minbar, while I have also heard some scholars say that it was buried in Jannatul Baqi. And only Allah the Almighty knows the truth.

Hasan Basri Rahmatullah alaihi used to cry when he described these narrations saying: “O you believers, this piece of wood used to cry for the love of Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu alaihi wasallam. You should display more enthusiasm and love to meet the Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam on the Day of Judgement.”

Imam Shafi’ said: “The miracles given to the Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu alaihi wasallam were not given to any other Prophet.” A person said to the Imam: “Isa, alaihis Sallam was given the miracle of bringing the dead back to life.” Whereupon Imam Shafi’ replied: “Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu alaihi wasallam was given the miracle where a tree cried. Crying of a dead tree is a bigger miracle indeed.”

The reason why this same column is also known as the Column of the Mushaf is according to a narration by Malik ibn Anas, that Hajjaj ibn Yusuf sent copies of the Qur’an Majeed to many of the major cities at the time, and the one sent to Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah was placed in a box and kept to the right of this column. And Allah the Almighty knows best.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#180 [Permalink] Posted on 11th January 2012 19:09

Al-Ustawanah, The Columns, The Pillars in the Sacred Garden.

“What is between my house and my minbar is a meadow of the meadows of Jannah, and my minbar is on my pool,” said our Beloved Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam.

Once again step into the delights of this Divine Meadow.

5. Ustuwanatal-Tawba, Column of Repentance, or the Pillar of Abu Lubabah.

This column is so named as it represents the place where Allah Ta’ala accepted the repentance of Abu Lubabah RadhiAllahu anhu.

Our Beloved Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam surrounded the Jewish Tribe of Bani Quraiza on the outskirts of Madinah for twenty five days due to their treachery. After their provisions were exhausted they requested to be given permission to travel safely to Syria. Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam told them that whatever decision Sa’ad ibn Muath RadhiAllahu anhu made as mediator, they should accept that. But the Jews requested that Abu Lubabah RadhiAllahu anhu be the one to negotiate with as he had been their ally before Islam, and he had family and property in this area, so they thought he would be kinder to them. The Noble Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam, forever displaying the fairest of manners in all dealings agreed to their request, and hence sent Abu Lubabah RadhiAllahu anhu to them. The tribe came rushing to him in distress, playing on his emotions. They asked what would become of them if they left the security of their fort, would they be safe. He replied in the affirmative, but while saying so gestured cutting of the throat with his hand, indicating that their head will be cut off. This was in fact the secret the Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam made with Abu Lubabah RadhiAllahu anhu.

As soon as Abu Lubabah RadhiAllahu anhu did this he realized his grave betrayal, saying: “My legs had not moved from their place before I knew that I had betrayed Allah and His Messenger.” He immediately rushed to the Masjid where her bound himself to the pillar, vowing to remain in this condition until his repentance was accepted. Some narrations say he was there for seven days and seven nights, being untied only for ritual purification and prayers. He barely ate during this time and passed out several times. When Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam heard of what he had done he said: “He could have come directly to me and I would have prayed for his forgiveness. Now he has left the whole matter to Allah. He should wait till Allah accepts his repentance directly.”

At dawn on the seventh day, while the Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam was in Umm Salama RadhiAllahu anha’s house, she saw him smile. When she inquired why he was smiling he informed her that Allah Ta’ala had forgiven Abu Lubabah RadhiAllahu anhu. She asked if she could be the one to convey the happy news, whereupon the Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam said: “If you wish.” Umm Salama RadhiAllahu anha walked to the door of her house, being beside the Masjid, and called out to Abu Lubabah: “Receive the good news O Abu Lubabah! Allah has forgiven you!”

The Sahabah RadhiAllahu anhum present in the Masjid at the time rushed to congratulate and untie him, but he said: “Leave me until the Messenger of Allah, SallAllahu alaihi wasallam, comes and unties me with his own hands!”

They left him and he was untied according to his wish when Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam came out for Fajr Salat.

Such drastic measures taken by the Sahabah to rectify a mistake! And now this very column is sought after by many as the auspicious place to make Tawba, SubhanAllah! May Allah Ta’ala save us, and accept our repentance. Ameen.
The Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam was said to often pray his Nawafil Salat at this pillar, and it was one of the main places he would sit to receive the poor, the weak, the needy, guest and others after Salatul Fajr. They would sit in circle around him listening to his advice, reciting the latest revelations to them and see to their needs. And Allah the Almighty knows best.

6. Ustuwanatul-Sarir, Column of the Bed

This marks the place where a mat made of palm fronds and a leather cushion filled with palm fibre used to be spread for the Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam during his Itikaf during the last ten days of Ramadhan.

It is narrated that our Blessed Lady Aishah RadhiAllahu anha, could sit at the door of their house washing and combing his Mubarak hair while our Beloved Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam was actually in the Masjid, as the door to their simple quarters was beside this pillar!

The Guard Column on the right and the Delegates Column on the left with the doorway that roughly corresponds to the Mubarak door our Beloved Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam used to enter the Masjid from the narrow passageway that separated the houses of Lady Aishah and Lady Fatimah RahdiAllahu anhima.

7. Ustuwanatul-Haras, Column of the Guard.

The position of this column was adjacent to the Mubarak door leading to the humble home of our Blessed Rasul SallAllahu alaihi wasallam and our Beloved Lady Aishah RadhiAllahu anha, and it is where some of the Sahabah RadhiAllahu anhum would stand guard. Narrations say that Ali RadhiAllahu anhu was the main guard, along with Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqas and Abu Saeed Khudri RadhiAllahu anhum. Once Rasul SallAllahu alaihi wasallam returned weary from battle saying to our Lady Aishah: “I wish a man of virtue should come to guard me tonight.” Soon after he heard the clanging of weapons outside his house, and when he inquired as to who was there, the reply came: “Sa’d, I have come to guard you.” So the Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam slept.

Soon after Allah Ta’ala revealed:

And Allah will protect you from people… (5:67),

so Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam informed the Sahabah RadhiAllahu anhum that they were no longer needed to stand guard.

8. Ustuwanatul-Wufud, Column of the Delegations.

This column stands where Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam used to receive the numerous delegations that would arrive in Madinah from various tribes to announce their entry into Islam and pledge their allegiance to the Prophet SallAllahu alaihi wasallam, as well as other dignitaries from other lands.
Burzanji Rahmatullah alaihi said: “The bed, the guard and the delegates columns used to be somewhat inside the Sacred Chamber. In 888 A.H., the wall of the Sacred Chamber was rebuilt during the period of Qaitabai, when half of each column was built outside the wall to mark the locations.”

9. Grave Square Column.
This position is said to be one of the Maqamas of Jibreel Alaihis Sallam. This column is on the northwestern corner of Lady Aishah’s house, and since our Noble Al-Mustafa SallAllahu alaihi wasallam is in this house which is almost square in shape, they refer to this as the Grave Square Column. This column cannot be seen as it is behind the metallic enclosure.

“O Allah, the leveler of the Plains, the Maker of the Firmament, and the Molder of Hearts into the good and the bad, grant Your noblest blessings, most fruitful favours and most loving kindness to our master Muhammad, Your Servant and Your Messenger, the opener of what was locked and the Sea; of what had gone before, the announcer of truth with truth, and the refuter of the forces of falsehood! He who took upon himself the responsibility of Your order in obedience to You, speedily seeking Your Pleasure, earnestly heeding Your Revelation, keeping Your Promise, carrying out and executing Your Command, so that, by kindling a burning brand for the seeker, his followers gain access through him to the blessings of Allah! Hearts were guided through him after having entered into discord and sin, and he gladdened with evident signs, with enlightening laws and illuminating Islam! And he is Your trustworthy one and safe custodian of Your secret Knowledge, Your witness on the Day of Judgement and Your envoy, a favour for us, and Your Messenger, in truth, a mercy for us! O Allah, widen for him his place in Your Eden and reward him doubly with the goodness of zyour Favour granting him untarnished felicitations from the victory of Your Reward, which is plentiful and fitting, and from Your Lofty Gift!” Dala’il al-Khayrat.

All good is from Allah Ta’ala whereas mistakes are from this humble speck. May Allah Ta’ala Bless all readers, bringing you all closer to Him and His Rasul SallAllahu alaihi wasallam. May He accept our humble efforts and grant us the capacity to be good and do good. Ameen.

No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in red?