Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Makkah, Madinah, History, Museum Pictures & Video inside the Kabah

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.6% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
muslimah101, queenie, amelita, rizmalek, sweetmuslimahk1, Yasin, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, ummi taalib, member2, Cloudy, icedude786, Taalibah, Acacia, Jinn, AishaZaynap, abuzayd2k
163 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#286 [Permalink] Posted on 26th November 2012 12:47

A friend captured this image from her hotel window of the umbrellas in Madinah opening at dusk..

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#287 [Permalink] Posted on 26th November 2012 20:43

If I'm not mistaken sister muslimah101, that photo is taken from inside Dar al Iman intercontinental. (i could be wrong, because it could even be Movenpick Anwar al Madinah) It's just a guess since the umbrellas are near Carpark/toilets 8. I used 7 as the meeting point for the wife after Salah. This one is from inside the Masjid.

IMAG0631.jpg
Downloads: 719
    [731.42 kB] thru the window of the masjid
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#288 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2013 20:46
Roukaya wrote:
Makkah - Old Haram proposal 1854?

or just imagination, who knows?

Makkah Engraving 1854

No post ratings
Rank Image
Montreal
Sister
#289 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2013 22:35
Holy Mosque - Masjid al Haram

Old Postcards

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#290 [Permalink] Posted on 13th February 2013 15:58
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#291 [Permalink] Posted on 12th March 2013 23:00
Quote:
Closest view of nearly every inch of Ka'ba in Mecca. You stretch the area u want c and give little moment to set for the picture to clear and focus.

t.co/XHz6UGr4jX

Check this out

AMAZING, SUBHANALLAH (zoom in and out using the mouse)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#292 [Permalink] Posted on 19th March 2013 15:07

Madinah - Al-Masjid Al-Nabawi

Beautiful aerial view of Masjid al Nabawi taken several weeks ago.
Photo by brother Noushad Akampadam

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#293 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2013 22:58
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#294 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2013 23:06
Wow, this picture is amazing, all the pictures are Masha.allah!
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#295 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2013 21:19
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#296 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2013 13:42
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#297 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2013 13:43

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#298 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2013 17:06
PROPHET'S WIVES AND THEIR HUTS

1. Aisha (RUA) and her hut:

Most of the wives of Prophet Mohammad (SAS) were widows. Aisha (RUA) was the only one who was a virgin girl at the time of her marriage to Prophet Mohammad (SAS).

Since the dreams of Prophets are true and they are like revelation of Allah (SWT) to them, Prophet Mohammad (SAS) saw a dream. As mentioned in Muslim, Prophet (SAS) described his dream to Aisha (RUA) as follows. He (SAS) said, "I saw you in my dream on three different occasions. Each time an angel brought you wrapped up in a silken cloth and said to me, 'This is your wife.' I removed the cloth and found you there. Then I said to myself if it is from Allah (SWT), I should make it happen."

It was also mentioned in Tirmidhi as narrated by Aisha (RUA), "Jibreel (AS) brought my picture wrapped up in a silken cloth and said 'This is your wife in this world and in the Hereafter.'"

Hence Allah (SWT) chose her for His Prophet and informed him through Jibreel (AS). Consequently Prophet Mohammad (SAS) married her. She was very wise and had very good knowledge of Islam. She narrated 2210 Hadith after the Prophet (SAS) left us. At least 174 of these narrations are in Bukhari and Muslim.

She was born, during the fifth year of prophethood, in Makkah (July 614 A.D.). Her formal marriage to the Prophet (SAS) took place three years before migration of the Prophet (SAS) to Madina. She, however, joined the Prophet's (SAS) household later in Madina when she was nine years old. She became widow when she was eighteen years old. She died during the month of Ramadhan in 57 Hijrah and was buried in Baqee cemetery.

Location of her Hujrah is shown in the layout.

The Prophet (SAS) died in this Hujrah and was also buried in this Hujrah.

She was very generous and God fearing. Ibn Jauzi described that one time Muawiya (RU) sent one hundred and eighty thousand (by another narration 80,000) dinars as price of her house with the right for her to live in it during her lifetime. She distributed this large amount to the needy then and there. Someone reminded her, "You should have kept at least one dinar for yourself." She remarked, "Why did you not remind me earlier?"

In this way she followed the footprints of her father, Abu Bakr (RU), and did not keep a single dinar in her house for personal use.

2. Sauda (RUA) and her hut:

She was daughter of Zamaah bin Qais Qarshi. Her first marriage was with Sakran bin Amr (RU) who was one of the earliest Muslims. She migrated to Habsha twice with her husband. After second migration she returned to Makkah. Her husband died. In these circumstances she did not want to go back to her tribe since they would force her to leave Islam and would inflict various forms of punishment on her.

Prophet's (SAS) first wife, Khadija (RUA) had passed away. He, therefore, married Sauda (RUA) to help out this helpless lady.

Sauda (RUA) voluntarily gave her turn to Aisha (RUA). She died during 55 Hijrah. She also gave her Hujrah to Aisha (RUA) at the time of her death. For location of her Hujrah see the layout on page 14.

3. Hafsa (RUA) and her hut:

Hafsa was daughter of Omar (RU). Her first marriage was with Khunais bin Huzafah (RU). When he died Omar (RU) offered the hand of her daughter to Osman (RU). He refused since he was very sad at the demise of her wife Ruqqaya (RUA). Omar (RU) complained to Prophet (SAS) about Osman's refusal. Prophet (SAS) said, "Hafsa (RUA) will marry a person who is better than Osman (RU) and Osman (RU) will marry a lady which is better than Hafsa (RUA). Omar (RU) came back home and waited to see what it meant. Prophet (SAS) married Hafsa (RUA) during 3 Hijrah and in this way boosted the morale of Hafsa (RUA) and her father. Prophet (SAS) also married his second daughter Umm Kalsum to Osman (RU). Hence the prediction of the Prophet (SAS) was fulfilled.

Location of Hafsa's (RUA) Hujrah can also be seen in the layout on page 14. There ran a very narrow street between the huts of Aisha (RUA) and Hafsa.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Blackburn, Lancs, UK
Brother
#299 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2013 15:17
Salaams all, i have been engrossed in this for the last few days, so much info, history and pics. Unfortunately could only flick through at the moment, will definately need to take time to delve into all this deeper. Very enlightening. May Allah reward you all.
Wassalaam
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#300 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2013 18:00
Amazing find (for me). I bought this as a post card and as a huge poster. The poster was laminated and then stuck up in the kitchen. Its been there for over 18 Years. Loved by everyone that see it and brings back great memories. It is also used by others who want to get an idea of their whereabouts in Makkah.

+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What's behind the word Yellow? (it's not the sun)