Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Makkah, Madinah, History, Museum Pictures & Video inside the Kabah

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.6% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
muslimah101, queenie, amelita, rizmalek, sweetmuslimahk1, Yasin, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, ummi taalib, member2, Cloudy, icedude786, Taalibah, Acacia, Jinn, AishaZaynap, abuzayd2k
163 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2010 16:01

Fake Images

From my Blog

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mohammed/410_21-09-2010/fake-tomb-of-the-rasul-of-allah.html

This was sent to me by my younger brother, we had our doubts regarding the images we were seeing every where. He had done some research and put this together. (I must add, that this work has been put together from work done by others before, We are not claiming the work to be ours). I have had it for a very long time but was unable to load it onto my blog, (I didnt know how). Today I saw a very old post on the forum regarding this, so I finaly decided to add this, as many people are being misled.

Below are some pictures with the title and “FAKE IMAGE “ claimed as Prophet Mohammed's Tomb. I have added most pictures being used on the internet.

Hadhrat Ali (radhiAllaahu anhu) narrates that Nabi (sallAllaahu alaihi wasallam) deputed him with the important duty of destroying any (animate) picture or figure that he saw and flattening any grave that he saw which was (unusually) high. [Mishkaat, page 148]

The above is the most common fake image

The Pictrue below is probably as far as you’ll get

Its behind these walls. We are not able to see! those who try, they just see darkness, dust, light and a veil.

SO WHOSE TOMB PICTURES ARE THEY?

The tomb in the photo’s are not the BLESSED one of our Prophet (salallahu aleyhi was salaam) 
And here is the proof : match these pictures..

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mohammed/410_21-09-2010/fake-tomb-of-the-rasul-of-allah.html

What a pity that in many Muslim countries these tombs are presented as the tomb of the Prophet (salallahualeyhi sallam) and pictures are sold and are hung into houses.

PS: The Prophet (salallahu aleyhi was salaam) has no tomb or sanduqa on it.

Al-Qadi ‘Iyad has reported from the major scholars that it is best to make a hump over the grave because Sufyan an-Nammar told him that he had seen the grave of the Prophet, peace be upon him, with a hump over it.”(Bukhari)

Ja’far bin Muhammad reported from his father: “The grave of the Prophet, peace be upon him, was raised one hand from the ground and was coated with red clay and some gravel.”
This was narrated by Abu Bakr An-Najjad

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2010 16:37
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2010 10:28
Basic History of Madinah Munawwarah

al-Madinah l-Munawwarah, "the radiant city" or المدينة al-Madinah; Madinah is a city in the Hejaz region of western Saudi Arabia, and serves as the capital of the Al Madinah Province. It is the second holiest city in Islam, and the burial place of our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and it is historically significant for being his home after the Hijrah.

The significance of Madinah stems from the presence of the historically significant and three oldest Mosques in Islam, namely; Al-Masjid al-Nabawi (The Prophet's Mosque),

Quba Mosque (the first mosque in Islam's history),

and Masjid al-Qiblatain (the mosque where the Qibla was switched to Makkah).

The Islamic calendar is based on the emigration of our Beloved Muhammad (SAW) and Sahaba's to the city of Madinah, which marks the start of the Hijri year in 622 CE, called Hijra

Similarly to Makkah, the entrance to Madinah is restricted to Muslims only; non-muslims are not permitted to enter, nor travel through the city. How ever, this law looks like it will take a major change and go against the teachings of our Prophet(SAW).InshaAllah I will give references to this new plan or add the whole article.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2010 10:39
Talking of Madinah - By Shaykh Syed Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (RA)

Friends have invited me to give a talk on Madinah, describing what I saw there, and I have readily agreed. As a Persian poet has said: "To talk of the beloved is no less pleasant than to meet him."

I do not know when I first heard of Makkah and Madinah. Like all Muslim children, I was brought up in an environment in which Hijaz (Arabia) and Makkah and Madinah were household words. I, distinctly, remember people saying Makkah, Madinah together as if these were the same. When they took the name of one of them, they generally mentioned that of the other as well. I, thus, came to imagine that Makkah and Madinah were not two different places, but one, and learnt to appreciate the difference only as I grew up. It then became clear that these were two different towns separated from each other by over 300 kilometers.

In my childhood, I had heard people talking about Arabia and the two towns with the same fervor and enthusiasm as they did about Paradise and its joys and comforts, and it was from that time that I was seized with the desire to attain Paradise and visit Arabia.

Soon I realized that it was not possible for anyone to see Paradise during his lifetime, but he could, of course, go to Arabia. Parties of Hajjis (pilgrims) were visiting it regularly. So why could I, also, not make a visit to that 'Paradise of Faith?'

After performing the Hajj, I flew towards Madinah on the wings of eagerness. The hardships of the way seemed to be a blessing to me, and before my eyes was drawn the soul-stirring image of the earlier traveler whose camel had passed through the same route.

The first thing I did on reaching Madinah was to offer two Rak'ats of salat and express my sincerest gratitude to the Almighty for granting me the good fortune to be there. After it, I betook myself into the 'presence' of the Holy Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam). How boundless was his favour upon me, really! I could never give thanks to him as was his due. I offered Durood and Salaam, and affirmed that he had conveyed the Message of the Lord to the world, proved true to the trust He had placed with him, showed the Straight Path to the Ummah, and strove till the last breath of his life in the way of God.

I then made the salutation to both the trusted friends of his whose selfless devotion was without a parallel in history. No one had discharged the duties of companionship or fulfilled the obligations of succession as they did.

From the Prophet's (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) Mosque, I went to Jannat ul-Baq'ee. What a priceless treasure of truth and purity, of love and dedication is buried in this small plot of land! Asleep here are those who had sacrificed the life of this world for the life of futurity. These are the men who willingly abandoned their hearths and homes in the way of faith, and preferred to spend their lives at the feet of the sacred Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) than with friends and relatives.
"Among the Believers are men who have been true to their covenant with Allah." [Al-Ahzab 33:23].

Thereafter, I visited Uhud where the most spectacular drama of love and fealty was staged. It was here that the world saw living models of faith and steadfastness; it was here that it learnt the true significance of courage and constancy. On reaching there, it seemed that I heard Hazrat Anas bin Nazr, Radi-Allahu anhu, say: "I feel the sweet smell of Paradise coming from the side of Uhud." Or that on hearing the news of the martyrdom of the Holy Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam), Sa'ad ibn Mu'ad, Radi-Allahu anhu, was saying: "What is the joy of fighting and Jihad when the Apostle of God is no more?" And Anas, Radi-Allahu anhu, interjecting: "What is the joy of living after him?"

It was here, again, that Abu Dujana, Radi-Allahu anhu, had made his back serve as a shield for the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) arrows pierced his flesh, but he flinched not. Syedna Talha, Radi-Allahu anhu, in the same way, had taken the arrows aimed at the Holy Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) on his hands until the arms were paralyzed. Hazrat Hamza, Radi-Allahu anhu, was killed on this very battlefield and his body was cut to pieces, and Hazrat Mas'ab bin Omair, Radi-Allahu anhu, was martyred in such a state that even a shroud could not be provided for him, and he was buried in a blanket which was so short that if the head was covered, the feet became bare, and if the feet were covered, the head became bare. Would that Uhud gave something of its treasure to mankind! Would that the world got a small particle of the faith and steadfastness of those glorious times!

Friends say: "You took us to Cairo and acquainted us with its important personalities; you have told us about Damascus and its people, and introduced us with its scholars; you have taken us round the Middle East. Now, tell me something about Hijaz and its distinguished sons." But what am I to do? To me Hijaz stands only for one man about whom I can go on talking forever. It is because of him that Hijaz is Hijaz, and the World of Islam is the World of Islam. Our honor, indeed, is by Mustafa's name!

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2010 10:42
Medina currently has a population of more than 1,300,000 people. It was originally known as Yathrib, an oasis city dating as far back as the 6th century BCE. It was later inhabited by Jewish refugees who fled the aftermath of the war with the Romans in the 2nd century CE. Later the city's name was changed to Madinat(u) 'n-Nabiy (مدينة النبيّ "city of the prophet") or Al-Madinah Munawwarah ("the enlightened city" or "the radiant city") as mentioned before.

Madinah is 210 miles north of Makkah and about 120 miles from the Red Sea coast. It is situated in the most fertile part of all the Hejaz territory, the streams of the vicinity tending to converge in this locality. An immense plain extends to the south; in every direction the view is bounded by hills and mountains.

The city forms an oval, surrounded by a strong wall, 30 to 40 ft (9.1 to 12 m) high, that dates from the 12th century C.E., and is flanked with towers, while on a rock, stands a castle. Of its four gates, the Bab-al-Salam, or Egyptian gate, is remarkable for its beauty. Beyond the walls of the city, west and south are suburbs consisting of low houses, yards, gardens and plantations. These suburbs have also walls and gates.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2010 10:55
The mosque (Masjid-e-Nabawi) dates back to the time of Prophet Muhammad(SAW), but has been twice burned and reconstructed.

Masjid Qubaʼ was destroyed by lightning, probably about 850 C.E., and the graves were almost forgotten. In 892 the place was cleared up, the graves located and a fine mosque built, which was again destroyed by fire in 1257 C.E. and almost immediately rebuilt. It was restored by Qaitbay, the Egyptian ruler, in 1487.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2010 11:21

"abu mohammed" wrote:
Similarly to Makkah, the entrance to Madinah is restricted to Muslims only; non-muslims are not permitted to enter, nor travel through the city. How ever, this law looks like it will take a major change and go against the teachings of our Prophet(SAW).InshaAllah I will give references to this new plan or add the whole article.

The Prophet (saw) on his death-bed, gave three orders saying, "Expel the pagans from the Arabian Peninsula.” [Sahih Bukhari 4:52:288]

The Prophet (saw) said: “I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslim.” [Sahih Muslim 19:4366]

“If anyone introduces an innovation, he will be responsible for it. If anyone introduces an innovation or gives shelter to a man who introduces an innovation (in religion), he is cursed by Allah, by His angels, and by all the people.” [Abu Dawud 39:4515]

The non-muslims can live in any muslim country except the arabian peninsula, this is agreed upon by the scholars of hadith.

May Allah protect us from this new fitna.

Non-Muslims to be allowed to live in part of Medina
Wael Mahdi, Foreign Correspondent

Non-Muslims can never get the feel of what is it like to live in Mecca or Medina, Islam’s holy cities, as only Muslims are allowed to enter them. But this is about to change when the new "smart city" being built in Medina is completed.

Knowledge Economic City (KEC), Saudi Arabia’s first “smart city” – its buildings are all connected via voice, data and video links – will open its doors to non-Muslims as the city is planned to be a window on Islam to the world, one of the project owners said.

Sami Baroum, the managing director of Savola group, the largest private owner in the project, said that one-third of the new city, which will be developed on an area of 4.8 million square metres, will be outside of the forbidden area known as the Haram. It is expected to open in five years.

“For the first time, non-Muslims will be able to experience living within a Muslim holy city,” Mr Baroum said. “They will not live inside the Haram area, but they will be very close to it as they can see the lights of the Prophet Mohammed’s Mosque.”
The city, known as KEC, will be developed fully over 15 years at a cost of 30 billion riyals (Dh29bn) to serve both the tourist and commercial needs of Medina.

The Saudi King Abdullah, who donated the project’s land, worth one billion riyals, owns the majority stake in KEC through his King Abdullah Foundation for His Parents for Charitable Housing. All the revenues generated through property sales in KEC will go to the foundation to provide housing for poor Saudis.
According to design plans, KEC will accommodate up to 150,000 people in its residential areas, which will be supported by planned commercial complexes, hospitality facilities, a theme park and an Islamic museum.

“All surrounding countries are interested in building Islamic museums with large investments. Medina should be the city where non-Muslims come to understand the history of Islam instead,” Mr Baroum said.
The mosque areas in Mecca and Medina are sanctuaries for Muslims, according to Islamic law. The forbidden area of the Haram in both cities is well defined, but with expansion over the years many parts of the two cities are now outside the forbidden zones.

In Medina, the residential area surrounding the holy mosque is limited and has reached its accommodation capacity.

Mr Baroum said KEC allows Medina to grow outside of the central area close to the mosque and towards a new international airport that is under construction. He said he wants the airport to become a hub for Muslim travellers, particularly during Haj.
“Muslim flocks will come to Medina from all around the world once the airport is completed, and we want to make sure that non-Muslims as well can come to Medina and have a place to stay,” he said.

Saudi Arabia is investing heavily to develop a religious tourism sector as part of its efforts to move its economy away from oil, and for the first time, the kingdom hopes to attract non-Muslim visitors.
Mr Baroum said the KEC will also have a train station for a 450km high-speed railway linking the two holy cities to Jeddah.

“The new train station will be built in the one-third area located out of the Haram area, and non-Muslims can come to Medina by land to enjoy Islamic tourism attractions we will build there,” he said.

The KEC developers also plan for it to cater for the needs of the local population as well. Medina’s population stands at one million and the developers expect it to double in 20 years.
“Out of the additional one million people, we only want to attract 75,000 or 7.5 per cent to live in the KEC. The other half of KEC’s inhabitants should come from outside of Medina,” Mr Baroum said. He hopes to attract retirees as well as highly skilled workers.

As for its business and knowledge core, Mr Baroum said, the city is expected to be home to biomedical and information technology-related industries.
Developers hope the project will position Saudi Arabia and young Muslim entrepreneurs as internationally respected leaders in knowledge-based industries. They estimate that employers based there will create more than 20,000 jobs.

Employees of those industries would be able to live nearby.

“We want to make a reverse brain drain to attract back all the Muslim minds from the West to develop an Islamic knowledge-related economy in one of Islam’s holy cities,” Mr Baroum said.
“Attracting the right people ... is the difficult part,” he said. “Providing them with the right infrastructure to do it is the easy part.

“We already hired the world’s largest network solution company, Cisco Systems, to do the job.”

According to a press statement after the signing of a contract in 2008, Cisco said it would provide the network architecture for the city.

“We have non-Muslims eager to understand Islam, and we have 1.4 billion Muslims who need to visit Medina. I can’t think of a target market better than this,” Mr Baroum said.
When it was launched by King Abdullah and announced by the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority in 2006, KEC, to the east of Medina, was the fourth of six economic cities designed to diversify the country away from oil and to provide jobs to a rapidly expanding population.

According to the investment authority, KEC will also have an Islamic civilisation studies centre designed to be a hub of intellectual activity, focused on collecting, developing and transmitting the knowledge, values and artwork of Islamic civilisation, as well as finding Islamic solutions to contemporary problems such as designing Islamic banking products.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2010 11:41
Al-Samhudi in Wafa' al-Wafa (1:77), in the seventh section, entitled: "List of the countless exclusive characteristics of al-Madina," 29th characteristic, said:

"A hadith states: 'Fasting the month of Ramadan in al-Madina is like the fasting of one thousand months elsewhere, and praying the Jumu`a prayer in al-Madina is like one thousand prayers elsewhere' [al-Tabarani in al-Kabir]. Hence, all good deeds are likewise.

The Prophet, salallahu a'alyhi wa sallam, said: 'A prayer in this, my mosque, is better than a thousand prayers in any other mosque' [in the Nine Books except Abu Dawud].

Then he said: 'Likewise, every deed in al-Madina is multiplied by a thousand.'"
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2010 11:49
Can others please add to this. For me the important aspects are the stories behind Masjid-e-Nabawi and its history. The Videos posted regarding the tour of the mosque are brilliant, but if someone has the text and images to go with it, that would be great.

Information on the Green Dome, The Rawdah, Bait Fatimah (Which is located behind the Rawdah inside the Mosque) etc, etc.

Inside the Mosque, there are 4-5 mimbars (I think) according to the book I have (published by the Saudis), it is claimed that one of the locations of these mimbars is where the Hanafi would lead from, I could not find all these mimbars when I was there, but if someone could help out, that would be great.

Also the pillars inside the mosques, Makkah also has certain odd looking pillars in the mosque. When I went for Hajj, I was given a brief description of the pillars in Makkaha by a friend (in those days ,we didnt go with a group. We went on our own)
If some one has detail regarding those pillars that will be brilliant. One of the pillars represents the place where the heart of the Prophet (SAW) was washed with zamzam.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2010 11:52

"Seifeddine-M" wrote:
'Likewise, every deed in al-Madina is multiplied by a thousand.'"[/color]

Imaging commiting a sin there. Stealing the smallest of items or lying to the shop keeper that the item is a lot cheaper else where.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2010 12:09
Kabah, The Golden Ratio of the Earth
In other words, The center (Not Middle)

What is the Golden Ration

In mathematics and the arts, two quantities are in the golden ratio if the ratio of the sum of the quantities to the larger quantity is equal to (=) the ratio of the larger quantity to the smaller one. The golden ratio is an irrational mathematical constant, approximately 1.6180339887. Other names frequently used for the golden ratio are the golden section (Latin: sectio aurea) and golden mean. Other terms encountered include extreme and mean ratio, medial section, divine proportion, divine section (Latin: sectio divina), golden proportion, golden cut, golden number, and mean of Phidias. The golden ratio is often denoted by the Greek letter phi, usually lower case (φ).

Allah has appointed a measure for all things. (Surat at-Talaq, 3)

... You will not find any flaw in the creation of the All-Merciful. Look again-do you see any gaps? Then look again and again. Your sight will return to you dazzled and exhausted! (Surat al-Mulk, 3-4)
... If a pleasing or exceedingly balanced form is achieved in terms of elements of application or function, then we may look for a function of the Golden Number there ... The Golden Number is a product not of mathematical imagination, but of a natural principle related to the laws of equilibrium.

What is the Golden Ratio of the Earth. Surprise surprise, the Golden ratio from the North Pole to the South Pole brings us to the golden ratio, which is located in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia, Makkah, Kaabah to be exact!!!!!!

Watch the Video below and see how the Kabah is the golden ration of the Earth.
www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mohammed/634_03-12-2010/the-ka...
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2010 12:13
Some Virtues Of Makkah

Allah, the Exalted, says: "Indeed, the first House [of worship] established for mankind was that at Makkah - blessed and a guidance for the worlds. In it are clear signs [such as] the standing place of Ibraheem. And whoever enters it shall be safe."(3:96-97)

The Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:

"The best and the most beloved city on the face of this earth to Allah is Makkah." (Sahih Al-Bukhari) and "Each pious deed performed therein is multiplied a hundred thousand fold." (Sunan Abu Dawud)

"There is no city on earth through which Allah multiplies one good deed by a hundred thousand except Makkah." (Sahih Bukhari, lbn Hibban)

While departing from Makkah, the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) halted on a plateau, faced the Qibla and said: "By Allah! You are the most beloved portion of Allah's earth to me, and verily you are the most beloved portion of the earth to Allah too. Verily you are the best, spot on the face of the earth. And the most beloved to Allah. If your people did not expel me, I would not have departed from you." (Al-Muatta)

"Whosoever glorifies Allah once therein, for him is recorded the rewards of having glorified Allah a hundred thousand times elsewhere. Every good deed which a servant enacts in the haram is equivalent to a hundred thousand deeds enacted elsewhere." (Sunan Nasai)

"Anyone who endures any difficulty experienced in Makkah (with patience), I will intercede and bear witness for him on the day of Qiyamat." (Sunan ibn Majah)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2010 12:18
abu mohammed wrote:
"Seifeddine-M" wrote:
'Likewise, every deed in al-Madina is multiplied by a thousand.'"[/color]
Imaging commiting a sin there. Stealing the smallest of items or lying to the shop keeper that the item is a lot cheaper else where.

Narrated 'Ali (radiallahu anh):

We have nothing except the Book of Allah and this written paper from the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) (where-in is written:) Medina is a sanctuary from the 'Air Mountain to such and such a place, and whoever innovates in it an heresy or commits a sin, or gives shelter to such an innovator in it will incur the curse of Allah, the angels, and all the people, none of his compulsory or optional good deeds of worship will be accepted. And the asylum (of protection) granted by any Muslim is to be secured (respected) by all the other Muslims; and whoever betrays a Muslim in this respect incurs the curse of Allah, the angels, and all the people, and none of his compulsory or optional good deeds of worship will be accepted. (Saheeh al-Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 30, Number 95)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2010 12:18
The Golden Ration of the Earth

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2010 21:49
sorry about the above link regarding the golden ratio, the blogs seem be down at the moment.
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What's behind the word Yellow? (it's not the sun)