Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Qur’an Tafsir – Surah Al Hajj

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2019 10:48

Surah 22 – Verse 26: And (remember) when we pointed outfor Ibrahim the place of the House (of Allah) saying, “Donot associate anything with Me as my partner and purifyMy House for those who make tawaf (circumambulationaround it), and those who perform Qiyam (standing up inworship) and those who perform Ruku (bowing down) andSujud (prostration).This is a rebuke to those among Quraysh who worshippedothers than Allah and joined partners with Him in the placewhich from the outset had been established on the basisof Tawhid and the worship of Allah Alone, with no partneror associate.Allah (SWT) showed Hazrat Ibrahim Alayhis Salaam thesite of the `Atiq House (Ancient Hous/Kaba), i.e., Heguided him to it, entrusted it to him and granted himpermission to build it. Many scholars take this as evidenceto support their view that Ibrahim was the first one to buildthe House and that it was not built before his time.According to reliable traditions its first foundations werelaid about the time when Sayyidina Adam Alayhis Salamwas send upon the earth and he, and the prophets whocame after him, used to make tawaf around it. At the timeof Deluge in the days of Sayyidina Nuh Alayhis Salam, itsupper structure was removed but the foundationsremained intact.The first command that Allah gives in this glorious ayat is‘Do not associate anything with Me’, meaning,`Build it in My Name Alone.'Allah then says purify My House i.e. purify it from Shirk.Imam Qurtubi says in those days the tribes of Jurhum andAmalakites had placed idols there, which theyworshipped. Another meaning which can be taken is it’s acommand not to only keep the place free from infidelityand polytheism but also to pay special attention to itsexternal cleanliness and purity.Verse 27: And announce among people about (theobligation of) Hajj, so that they should come to you onfoot and on every camel turned lean, travelling throughevery distant hilly pathwayThe third command given to Sayyidna Ibrahim AlayhisSalam was to make the proclamation of hajj. He submittedthat the place where he stood was uninhabited withnobody to hear the call. Allah (SWT) told him that he wasrequired only to make the proclamation and theresponsibility of conveying it to the four corners of theworld rested with Himself. Allah so decreed that theannouncement was heard miraculously all over the world,not only by the people living then, but also by all those yetto be born up to the Day of Resurrection.Verse 28: So that they witness benefits for them and reciteAllah’s name, in specified days, over the provision Hegave them from the cattle – ‘So, eat thereof and feed thedistressed, the poor.’The usage of the word ‘benefits’ as a common nounpoints to the spiritual reward by making this journey aswell as the universal benefits. Benefits of the Hereafterincludes Allah's pleasure. It is narrated in a hadith inBukhari and Muslim that Hazrat Abu Huraira Radi AllahuAnhu narrates a hadith in which the Holy ProphetSallalahu Alayhi Wasallam said that anyone whoperformed Hajj in order to gain Allah’s favour and avoidedsins and obscene acts will return as immaculate andinnocent as a new born child. Material benefits in thisworld include the sacrificing the animal on the specifieddays i.e. 10th, 11th and 12th of Zul Hijjah.Verse 29: Then, they must remove their dirt and fulfil theirvows and make tawaf of the Ancient House.While a person is in the state of Ihraam, he cannot shave,trim, pluck hair, pare nails, use perfume and it is quitenatural that dirt will collect on his body. This verserequires of the pilgrims that after performing the sacrifice,they should remove the dirt meaning that they shouldremove the ihraam making the restrictionspermissible to do.Allah also says that fulfil your vows i.e the vows madeabout doing worship during the journey and it also canrefer to doing those acts and duties which have becomeobligatory during the course of Hajj.Tawaf here refers to the final circumambulation. TawafZiyarah which is performed on the 10th of Dhul Hijjahconcludes the Hajj and Allah concludes the verse bymentioning it at the end.(Extracted from Maariful Quran p.260-267 v.6)

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Yellow' written in?