You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2014 17:52
The Association of British Muslims- Fatwa On Fasting In Ramadan In The UK During Summer

CONCLUSION / FATWA

All Praise belongs to God. Peace and Blessings be upon the Messengers of God.

1. Those who wish to follow dawn-sunset timings of 18-21 hour fasts and can do so safely, are free to do so.

2. Those who find this genuinely unbearable, or are convinced of the non-literalist approach of "morning to evening" rather than the literalist "dawn to sunset", may wish to fast for 12 or preferably 14-16 hours, beginning from dawn, sunrise or even their usual morning meal (breakfast!). Such moderate timings are based on the fatwas of jurists over many centuries for high latitudes.

3. Whatever length a person fasts, they should not feel superior to others. The spirit of Ramadan and fasting includes God-consciousness, patience, perseverance, gratitude, prayer, worship, charity, generosity, humility, self-purification, self-development, helping others, mercy, compassion, forgiveness, lowering the gaze (of the eyes from lustful glances and of the heart from other than God) and the remembrance and love of God.

May Allah, the One and Unique having Infinite Beautiful Names, bless all of humanity during this month, and shower upon us its internal and external grace.

Sheikh Dr. Usama Hasan (London, UK)

[link removed - source aobm.org]

report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2014 18:58
Is this the same Shaykh who believes in the Darwin theory?

Whoever it is. My son kept all the fasts last summer and is doing the same this summer and he was only 12 years old at the time.

If kids can do it, why do people want to shop around for a fatwa!
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2014 19:28
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

It sure is bro, I did a thread called "Monkey Business" in the debates section. Sorry if you don't have access, you can always Google his name and his nonsense is available all over the net. Or go on YouTube where you can hear his stuff

Well he took his statement back after receiving death threats, lol.

These Genetically Modified or Ghair Muqallideen (GM) really make a mess of things.

The FATWA for these altitudes aren't for the UK where there is a sunset and sunrise time.

Come on guys, this is OTT!

He even supports the troops killing our brothers in Afghanistan. This character is a.....
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2014 19:40
Evolution Debate, Jan. 2013: Sh. Yasir Qadhi vs. Sh Usama Hassan ...:

Halalified YT Audio
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2014 23:32
When I read it, it sounded like modernism filth to me.

However I have forwarded this fatwa on so once I get a reply I will update this thread.

Are they really Ghair muqalidds ?

I remember once bumping into this bunch on the radio after the woolwhich killings, I think it was the leader of this group if my memory serves me correct, who made claims that the killers of Lee Rigby aren't even Muslims in the first place. He also came out with other modernist filth, I jotted his name down to check him out but never got round to it in the end.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2014 00:46
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Usama Hasan's father is the Imam of Leyton Masjid, the Masjid is of ahle hadith. MashaAllah there are some sincere brothers that go there, but unfortunately, secular education created the son who preached this rubbish.

Usama Hasan was also appointed as the Imam of this Masjid but was swiftly ousted by almost everyone.

He uttered words of kufr and his father simply said that it was his interpretation, SubhanAllah.

I wouldn't think twice about passing the fatwa on for verification. The fatwa can only be valid partially in countries like Norway.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2014 01:10
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I'm aware of the maslaha in regards to Scandinavia as when Jamaat's go out in Khurooj they follow that maslaha.

I just wanted to know this guys credentials and whether he was actually a mufti to be passing fatwas or some random Joe with a phd or masters in Islamic Studies. Guy needs to be refuted though as this modernism filth has begun to show up in the UK as well, alhumdulilah not as much as the States so though so far anyway.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2014 01:15
Also any fatwas that quotes the opinions of Azhari's should be enough to ring alarm bells and get that fatwa further clarified and verified as to the claims made.

The rest Allah knows best
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2014 01:29
Jinn wrote:
View original post

This guy doesn't need refutation, he refutes himself!

His Aqeedah is that Prophet Adam (as) was born from nom human parents and he goes on to prove his theory of evolution.

He obviously retracted his statement but many reckon that it was because of his death threats.

Countries like Norway and Scandinavia are exempt and rules are there for them as they don't have a dawn or dusk. That doesn't mean these so called scholars pass rulings that go completely against what the Quran emphasizes. From dusk till dawn!

Khair, Allah knows best.
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2014 17:51
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2014 18:00
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

Well he obviously evolved!
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2014 18:19
Jinn wrote:
View original post

What in the world!!!
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2021 08:53
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.

Violating Rules - Please accept our warnings