Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Input required for Ramadhan courses

You have contributed 15.4% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, abu mohammed, Jinn, Maria al-Qibtiyya, ibn Ismail, Naqshband66, dr76, umar123
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2014 19:51
Assalamu Alaikum,

I hope its the right section.

InshAllah I intend to keep 3 days for recording some course material during Ramadhan.

1. "Arabic Tutor Vol. 2" is one of the course I will be recording sessions of.
2. Fiqh or Sawm / Zakat will be another.

I have one slot free. I am hoping to take some suggestions from brothers and sister of some course they would like to be a part of. All course will be free. So any course I am recording, I will post about their class session, and whoever has the time may join in and learn.

The couses are intended to be 1st year level, so any input would be good inshAllah

Wassalamu Alaikum,
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2014 20:00
Thread moved to 'Ramadhan section' from 'people say'
جزاك الله خيرا
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2014 21:15
السلام عليكم Mufti saheb

Hope you are well insha'Ala

From the top of my head :

- Salah
- The harms of the tounge
- Tahaarah
-Aqeedah : who's right ?
- The rights of parents
- How to rely and gain nearness to Allah
- The importance of Deen in the 21st century
- Rasoolalah (saw) a perfect role model even today and not just yesterday
- How to become a better Muslim in today's world.

+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2014 22:11
Waalaikumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:

Masha'Allah.

If you are looking for theme based courses and not necessarily fiqh, perhaps some of the following would be appropriate for a short course:
  • divorce in Islam and the issue of child and spousal maintenance and support - including what obligations Muslims have in their respective countries where Shariah laws don't exist;
  • economic considerations - what is and is not considered halal income in this day and age and particularly in western contexts, including a brief exploration of some options or solutions that may be available to us (including women who must work); and
  • women's issues - how to maintain hayaa and sanity when lifestyles change, particularly for reverts or those who recently started practicing and find the transition difficult and quite impossible at times.

JazakAllah khayran and may Allah Ta'aala accept all your efforts and the efforts of your family for the deen and for the beautiful ummah of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem). Ameen.
+2 -0Like x 2Ameen x 1
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2014 22:37
How can we be part of the courses that mufti saab will record? Is it live stream or youtube?andlinks to how will b much appreciated. Jzkk
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2014 00:52
Insha'Allah - take a look at Ilm Hub insha'Allah. I believe they are recorded through WizIQ - not sure about registration however, you would need a WizIQ account to participate.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2014 02:37
Quote:
1. "Arabic Tutor Vol. 2" is one of the course I will be recording sessions of.
2. Fiqh or Sawm / Zakat will be another.

In 3rd class session you may clear up why it's sin to leave out taraweeh, and other masa'il related to taraweeh.

Jazakallahu khairan.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2014 02:47
abuhajira wrote:
View original post

As-salam-u-'Alaykum, mufti sahab, can the 3rd course be:
Types of Itikaf and its' Masaail

Also you may shortlist the members' suggestions here to start a poll.

JazakAllahu khairan.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2014 03:25
abuhajira wrote:
View original post

I posted the following Q to other Mufti but still didn't get the answer. It seems he wouldn't answer.

Quote:
Assalamu alaikum,

Does the following mean leaving out Taraweeh salah is haram?

"A person who leaves out the Sunan-e-Muakkadah Salaah out of carelessness, or habitually leaves them out, is considered a Faasiq (open transgressor). The following ruling is written in Tahtaawi, "A person who leaves out Sunan-e-Muakkadah is a Faasiq, a person who denies it is an innovator, and it is stated in Talweeh that leaving it out is close to Haraam." (Malfoozhaat Faqeehul Ummat, Vol. 1, Part 4, Pg. 16)
source

But in the following Ahadith didn't prophet sallalaho alaihi wa sallam leave it out so that it didn't become fardh? So if it's not fardh and Nabi sallalaho alaihi wassallam himself explained his reason for not being persistent, then why is it haram & sin to leave it out once in a while?

"It is narrated from Abū Hurayrah (Allāh be pleased him) that he said:
The Messenger of Allāh (peace and blessings be upon him) would encourage the Sahābah] to pray during the month of Ramadān without making it obligatory upon them. He would say, "Whoever spends the night of Ramadān in prayer out of faith and hope of reward all his previous sins will be forgiven. The Messenger of Allāh passed away and the matter remained the same during the reign of Abū Bakr and the beginning of 'Umar's reign.
Narrated by Muslim (269:1)

...I said, "O Messenger of Allāh, would that you lead us in prayer for the remainder of the night." He said, "Whoever stands for prayer with the Imām until he finishes, the reward of spending the entire night in worship will be written for him." Thereafter, he did not lead us in prayer until three days remained in the month, and he led us in prayer on the third, and he gathered his family and wives. He led us in prayer until we feared that we would miss
al-Falāh."
Source: Pg. no. 2-3

If you don't intend to give course about taraweeh, then I'd post it on your forum, if you can clear it up?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2014 03:32
Jinn wrote:
View original post

From your suggestions :

- Salah : Covered in FQ103 ( Essentials of Salah ). Can be taken on ilmhub.
- Tahaarah : Covered in FQ101 & FQ102 . Can be taken on ilmhub.
-Aqeedah : who's right? : General Aqueedah has been explained in AQ101 / 102 / 103

I will look through other suggestions. Jazak Allah.
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2014 04:42
Maria al-Qibtiyya wrote:
View original post

The quote you have mentioned is indeed in Malfuzaat. In the english pdf version it comes on Pg 358. You may download the book Here

Anyway the english translation mentions it as follows :

Quote:
One will be regarded as a faasiq(flagrant sinner) for having left out a sunnat-e-mu'akkadah due to disconcern or due to having formed a habit of abandoning it. If one coincidentally leaves it out, he will not be a faasiqthough he will be blameworthy. [/quote]

Thereafter it quotes the ibarah of Tahtawi:

حاشية الطحطاوي على مراقي الفلاح شرح نور الإيضاح (ص: 64)
وفي الجوهرة عن القنية تاركها فاسق وجاحدها مبتدع وفي التلويح ترك السنة المؤكدة قريب من الحرام

The last wording suggest that it is not haram, rather close to haram. This is because sunnah mu'akkidah essentially takes the ruling of a wajib, however it is a bit less than wajib. This means a person is sinful, but not to the extent of haram.

With that being said, the passage is about Sunnah Mu'akkidah. In the discussion of Taraweeh, the taraweeh salah itself is Sunnah Mu'akidah. Not the Jama'ah. This is clear from the wordings of Maraqi al Falah "وهي سنة عين مؤكدة "على الرجال والنساء" that Taraweeh is sunnah mu'akkidah for men and women. However the congregation for taraweeh is Sunnah Kifayah. Nur al Idaah states "وصلاتها بالجماعة سنة كفاية"

When Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wasallam did not come out to lead people for the fourth day taraweeh, it does not mean he did not pray at home. He simply did not come to lead. Even if Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wasallam were to leave the taraweeh salah completely, his own explanation renders no doubt that taraweeh is sunnah. Nontheless, the topic is vast. I hope the primary concern is cleared that Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wasallam leaving out the congregation is to show that the congregation of Taraweeh must not become fardh. Even then, if someone were to miss the taraweeh (itself, not the congregation) due to some uzr, there will be no sin. However, habit of this will constitute sin, just like any other sunnah mu'akkidah.

In essence it is Makruh Tahreemi to habitually leave out Sunnah mu'akkidah. Which is close to haram but not haram. Following is from my notes of Usool al Fiqh Lessons.

[quote]a) In Fiqhi books when Makruh is mentioned without specifying whether it is Tahreemi or Tanzeehi, then generally it refers to Makruh Tahreemi. (sometimes it may also refer to Tanzeehi)
b) Leaving out a wajib act is itself Makruh Tahreemi
c) Leaving out a Sunnah Mu'akkadah in persistence or without excuse is also Makruh Tahreemi

Wallahu A'lam
+7 -0Like x 3
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2014 16:46
abuhajira wrote:
View original post

As-salam-u-'Alaykum, mufti sahab, if I'm a member of your forum, do I need to create a Wiziq account separately to join these courses?

I had used my same email for almamudiyyah courses, so will that old account be valid?

JazakAllahu khairan.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2014 23:20
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

I think wiziq account remains same.. Try using one of the links from the courses on ilmhub and use that login. If it works .. you are good to go.

I would still advise you to become member of ilmhub as well so you can be able to discuss any course material there. I will not be answering class questions here. Also, I will be sending out all new sessions being recorded as well. So you can decide if you want to partake or not.

Also, please remember that while I am keeping it all free for all, there are still background costs involved. If someone has a rich uncle who is wasting his money on them, then donating towards ilmhub may be a good place.

May Allah keep you all geared up for uloom, Ameen
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 1