You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Acacia, dr76, mmb786, ibn Ismail
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 15:38
This thread will be about the positive characteristics of Mufti A S Desai. ALLAH give us some portion of it.

Written by a sister on sf

1) His name is popping up alot on the forum theses days and everyone seems to have heard something about the ''majils''.
2) He is from S.Africa and i know ppl who have personally spent time in his company so i could easily get info on him.

Ml desai is a senior khalifah of moulana maseehullah khan sahib (R.A). after completing his studies he was set to go to America and become a lawyer, he went to india for some reason and visted ML maseehullah R.A, who made a great impression on his life. Ml maseehullah (R.A) took an immense liking to him and asked him to stay on and do his aalim course... and ml stayed, completed his aalim course and got khillafat.

Ml is very strict on the shariah (who doesn' know that!) and he is an extremely busy man, he does ALOT of deen work, runs thousands of maktabs and madaaris throughout the world, writes and translates loads of literature, has to reply to dozens of correspondence's etc. Every day... and yet he finds time to personally cook a pot of food for the poor every morning and make it into sandwiches, the beggers of the town know ml's home and come to fetch their sandwiches when they are hungry. Forget the beggers, ml feeds the wild birds who visit his yard everyday and he has soo much of taqwa and concern for the creation that when he goes to Durban and Johannesburg (which he does regularly) he gives the responsibility of feeding the birds every morning to his neighbor so that when those birds who are accustomed to finding their food come, they do not leave his yard disappointed! :Subhan: remember we not talking about a guy who has time to sit on his porch and count the stars, this is a man drowning in work!!!

Ml only sleeps 2 hours per night and spends the rest of the night in ibaadah, my friend told me that she saw the musallah which ml uses to perform nafl salaah on, and that musallah has been used soo much that there are literally HOLES by the feet, hands and forehead places on that musallah! Also ml fasts every day except twice a week for years, unless he is travelling or seriously unwell etc.

He lives extremely simple and is very humble, wears and patches his clothes until he can't use them anymore. ML's entire house is bare of all unnecessary furniture (including couches and kitchen units!) every single room in his house (except his bedroom) resembles a library, almost the entire house, including the passage, has shelves from ceiling to floor and is lined with kitaabs upon kitaabs. He generally walks to the masjid for salaah. Eid nights he remains awake the entire night in ibaadah and deeni work. Also ml is constantly conscience of death, an example is: someone asked him why do you travel by car when going to Durban and Johannesburg (a 10 - 12 hour journey by car) instead of taking a flight? He replied that he won't do so becoz he wouldn't like maut to find him whilst in the plane amongst the kuffaaar and their liquor and nudity etc. he rather take the long journey and be safe!

insha-ALLAH when i get more info on ml i will post...
report post quote code quick quote reply
+8 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 15:44
I think the same sister posts on here. If she could write more about the positive aspects of the personality of Mufti A S Desai db. Also could somebody please post any audio they have by the respected shaykh db.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 15:46
+7 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 15:51
Another brother from sf
Moulana is a 72 year old,South African(3rd generation iirc) aalim who is a senior khalifah of Ml.Maseehullah Khan Sherwani(r.a.).Moulana gained his initial prominance due to Ml.Maseehullah(r.a.) fondness of him. Moulana was one of the most hard working students in the madressah, completed his studies and was given Ijazah in a very short period of time. Moulana has been involved in various branches of deen. Moulana is a sheikh of tasawwuf,was/is involved in the ta'leem of children,maktab and other levels iirc, also through his awake magazine and al-haq,al-majlis and other publications. Moulana has compiled plenty of books on different speres of deen, including fatawa, tasawwuf, ibadat, responses to baatil, fiqh, aqeedah and many more.

Moulana was also involved in jihad, running jihad camps in the mountains of the Eastern Cape province of South Africa,and he had links to several of the afghan mujahideen. I am not sure if he spent time in afghanistan just as an observer or if he was active in the actual jihad against the soviets. Moulana is a vocifirous votary of the caucus mujahideen. Moulana also runs a humanitarian organisation known as SOSH/servants of suffering humanity. Moulana also runs an extensive project which is known as the maktab project. It is run in many countries, primarily in bangladesh and impoverished muslim communities that have little deen and where christian missioneries are active. In 1999, there were 600 maktab madrasahs run by moulana. I don't know about the present situation.

It was during one of moulanas visits to the madrasahs in bangladesh that Moulana was arrested and imprisoned in Bangladesh by the CID of Bangladesh and the CIA. Moulana was improsened for 6 months without being formally charged and he was stuck in Bangladesh for another 6 months as his passport was confiscated. During Moulanas detention, he was continously interrogated for 29 days by CID,during which sleep depravation e.t.c. were employed. He was thereafter interrogated by the CIA.During the CIA interrogations he was taken to an elite suburb of Dakha. Amongst the things he was accused of were: Financing al-qaida and Usama Bin Laden; Owning diamond mines with Usama; funding jihad throughn his 'diamond mines'; conspiring to overthrow the bangali government, assasinating intellectuals, secularists, senior millitary officials e.t.c.; Being part of Usama's command structure; establishing 421 jihad training units in Bangladesh e.t.c..During Ml. improsenment, he had the full support of the S.A. govt. and the embassy in Delhi. Embassy officials were sent to report on his well-being and to liase with his legal team and inspect his madrasahs.

Moulana gained a lot of stick during the late 90's from other deobandis. Moulana was involved in a controversy.He was part of a fact finding mission(of his organisation) to afghanistan. His report on the taliban was critical.He was critical of their 'wastage of food', misappropriation of funds, tolerance of bid'ah, acceptance of bay'ah of the shiahs, allowing televisions to be transported through afghanistan,'forsaking the salafi mujahideen on the pretext of them being salafi' e.t.c. However, in 2000/2001 iirc, when the taliban 'corrected' some of these issues he praised them.
Moulana has travel restrictions placed on him.

Moulana is very strict in his fatawa and very harsh in his language. It is not appropriate for laymen to desrespect ulama/certain ulama on the basis of his writings.
May Allah unite the ulama on haq.
+5 -0Ameen x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 15:51
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

jazakallah khairan brother arsalan.
+0 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 16:08

Deobandees are suffering from a lot of Internal Fitnah these days and a lot of people don't know the details. I am telling you that Wallahi! Ulama like Shaykh (Mufti) A. S. Desai (HA) are a blessing of Allah (SWT).

1. He is not a hyprocrite
  2. He is not a sellout
  3. He doesn't compromise the Deen

It is only wished that Hazrat (HA) had some Marketing and Tech Savvy people around him to make a real SOLID impact!

+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 17:01
Sister mmb786 Masha'Allah... Please do continue here Insha'Allah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2014 21:03
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 12th December 2014 05:30
(bism1)

(salaam)

You all may already know that Maulana sahib never fails in replying to e-mails, in contrast to many other scholars today. However, he recently went even beyond my expectations when I was notified that he spent 5 HOURS reviewing and correcting a diagram I had sent him (made by yours truly).

Not only did he provide a detailed explanation, but sent the revised diagram back to me. SubhaanAllah. Despite his busy schedule, he took 5 hours out of his day for this sinner. I felt so honored.

May Allah ta'aala give him a long life so we can continue to benefit from him. Ameen.

P.S: I was notified of this by his assistant. He himself did not mention this.

wassalaam.
+9 -0Like x 7Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2014 13:13

these are good times to be a Deobandi Sufi , irrespective of what one does or does not do, he is going to enjoy all the husn e zann there is available...who needs the majnun of layla anymore?~ #muftimenk #mtj #yehitoscamhai

HIT DISLIKE IF YOU AGREE

Posted via the Muftisays Android App
+1 -1Dislike x 1