Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Ikhlaas (Sincerity)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, Naqshband66, Jinn, Arfatzafar, Maria al-Qibtiyya, abu mohammed, True Life, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 11:14
السلام عليكم

(bism1)

I was in the middle of translating this article elsewhere when the thought began to persist that i should continue it here.. Request duas from all that May Allah سبحانه وتعالى bestow this great blessing on each & everyone one of us..Ameen.

From the Mashaikh this useless fellow visited in the past.. i have heard them stress a lot on two things..

1.Ikhlaas

2.Niyyat

A Shaikh of my town, someone very close to me since 1993 - Hazrat Dr. Ali Malpa sahab damat barakatuhum ( khalifa of Hazrat Maulana Shah Wasiullah sahab ilahabadi رحمة الله عليه And Hazrat Maulana Shah Abrar ul Haq sahab Hardoi رحمة الله عليه.) would advise me many times on the lofty benefits of Ikhlaas and rectifying Niyyat..

Once while in Madina Munawwara in the service of Hazrat Rasul Ahmed sahab db ( a very old founding Tableeghi elder of the blessed city) on seeking permission to depart I requested Hazrat to make dua for ikhlaas..

He said Ikhlaas Allah ke khazanon me se ek azeem daulat hai.. aur Allah use deta hai jo uske raaste me qurbaniyan deta hai..
(Ikhlaas is a great wealth from the treasures of Allah سبحانه وتعالى He bestows it upon those who give sacrifices in his path..)

While in a suburb of Darbhanga (Bihar, India) in the Presence of an eminent Naqshbandi Mujaddidi Shaikh, Hazrat Maulana Shams ul Huda sahab db , I asked Hazrat to make dua for Ikhlaas.. Hazrat replied..beshak.. Ikhlaas ek bahot badi nemat hai.. lakhon me kisi ek ko hasil hoti hai..

(surely.. Ikhlaas is a great bounty from Allah سبحانه وتعالى , only one in lakhs may have attained it..)

And the words of Hazrat Maulana Ahmed Ali lahori sahab رحمة الله عليه seems like written in gold..

Sabhi to hain usi ke.. par uska koee ek..
Hazaron me na milega ..laakhon me tu dekh..

Everyone belongs to him alone.. but he loves the one amongst..
In thousands u may not find him.. behold him among the lakhs..

Hazrat Dr Ali Malpa sahab db built my interest in books.. while I began reading kutubs .. he had already read Qutubs and Kutubs.. from being in the company of Shaikh ul Islam Hazrat Maulana Hussain Ahmed Madani sahab رحمة الله عليه, Hakeem ul Islam Hazrat Maulana Qari Muhammed Tayyab sahab رحمة الله عليه, Shaikh ul Hadees Hazrat Maulana Muhammed Zakariyya sahab رحمة الله عليه, Hazrat Maulana Abdul Majid Daryabadi sahab رحمة الله عليه and many others including his Mashaikh Hazrat Maulana Shah Wasiullah sahab ilahabadi رحمة الله عليه and Hazrat Maulana Shah Abrar ul Haq sahab رحمة الله عليه ..

Hazrat Dr. Ali sahab db once suggested me to subscribe a monthly named Wasiyatul irfan that was Published from the Khankah of Hazrat Maulana Shah Wasiullah sahab رحمة الله عليه

Hazrat Qari Mubeen sahab db is the Janasheen of Hazrat رحمة الله عليه and manages the khanqah..

So when I woke up today.. I saw a copy on my book shelf.. flipping through I came across a Majlis where Hazrat رحمة الله عليه spoke on Ikhlaas and its rewards...
Thought I would share..

This is the copy..

i.1.jpg
Downloads: 239
    [86.12 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
+5 -0Like x 1Winner x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 11:23

بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

By Maslihul Ummat, Muhius sunnat Hazrat Maulana Shah Wasiullah sahab Quddusirah
pg 12

Majlis

Ikhlaas and its Rewards.

Narrated that it is mentioned in Hadith shareef that the first question to be asked in grave Would be on cleanliness. Generally, punishment in grave would be due to neglect in cleanliness. It is reported in hadith shareef that punishment of the grave would be due to three causes -

1. backbiting

2. gossiping

3. remaining neglectful of impurity of Urine

From the outward obligations cleanliness is foremost and very important. Just like among the inwardly acts.. Ikhlaas has a pivotal role such that without it no Amal is accepted.
Its written in books that someone read the following hadith:

Meaning (interpretation) that a person who worships Allah سبحانه وتعالى with ikhlaas, for 40 days, ..Allah ( swt ) shall open up the streams of Hikmah from his heart ,flowing out of his tongue..

Such that the person.. in greed that streams of Hikmah shall open up..prayed for 40 days.. but it did not work.. and inquired a pious man of this affair..
He replied.. brother its mentioned in Hadith shareef Man akhlasa lillah ie, for the sake of Allah.. and to be worshipped with khuloos.. that the surety is on.. but you have worshipped only for the greed to attain Hikmah.. so now where does the khuloos remain..

The reply was very much appreciated by the buzurgs.. that he was caught red handed..

i.2.jpg
Downloads: 257
    [113.24 kB]
i.3.jpg
Downloads: 176
    [13.36 kB]
+6 -0Like x 3Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 11:39

بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

Such was the condition of our aslaaf..that they attained Ikhlaas and taught the people ways to acquire it.. and they triumphed. when ikhlaas is present in someone his wisdom is also improved.. that a Noor emanates from his Qawl (words) and Fa'al (deeds) due to which others are also affected..

I have narrated the incident of Hazrat Zakariyya Multani رحمة الله عليه before you..that when he arrived in Multan he was tested by the Mashaikh of the city..

That the Ulema and Mashaikh together sent forth a cup of Milk filled to the brim.. and the khadim presented it in his Majlis.. Hazrat simply placed a flower on top of it and sent it back..
The attendees of majlis exclaimed.. Hazrat it was a gift.. and that too Milk.. you did not accept it.. moreover sent it back with the flower on top.. so what is mystery behind it..

Hazrat replied that the Mashaikh of this city sent me a symbolic message meaning that this region is packed to the full just like the milk to the brim.. such that I cannot be accommodated..that I should move somewhere else..

And I sent them back a message placing the flower on top meaning that since there is no room in the vessel for any more milk or water.. but still there is a possibility for a flower to adjust..
I shall live here like a flower..and will not pose a burden on you people..

The ulema of the city were very much impressed by his reply.. they became Mutaqid (votaries) of his virtues..
This was the effect of ikhlaas that Hazrat possessed..that in such a tense situation he not only averted a major fitnah but also won people's hearts and trust..
i.4.jpg
Downloads: 242
    [252.14 kB]
+6 -0Like x 3Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 11:45

بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

Similarly, there lived a buzurg in Delhi and people had objections about him..so did the Ulema.. and hence they decided for a debate.. the buzurg readily accepted .. people inquired his choice for judge to be..

He mentioned the name of Shaikh Zakariyya Multani رحمة الله عليه ..

So the time and place was set..people began to gather and even the king arrived..the buzurg also reached and sat down on the sides near the footwear..
People invited him to be seated in front..which he declined saying that I have been accused..so let me be here..

they were all eagerly awaiting when Hazrat Zakariyya Multani رحمة الله عليه arrived..
He immediately lifted up the sandals of the buzurg.. placing it on his head...and embraced him.. Shaikh Zakariyya Multani رحمة الله عليه was a renowned person.. and when people witnessed him giving such respect to the buzurg they were convinced of his lofty stature..at the same time ashamed of their wrong doing and disrespect..

Thus there have passed many pious people in India who have done great services for which people hold them in high esteem.. now if someone wants to equal them by mere lip service.. this is not possible..that Allah سبحانه وتعالى does not equate the Ghair Mukhlis (insincere) and Mukhlis (sincere) person on the same plane..
i.5.jpg
Downloads: 279
    [86.20 kB]
+5 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 11:50

بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

The Ikhlaas of a Mukhlis person does not remain hidden. Allah سبحانه وتعالى reveals it to others. Pointing at Hafiz Yaqoob sahab he said.. the doctor used to tell him that his prayers were accepted.. his son is regaining health..whereas we had lost hope..

( Hafiz sahab's son was admitted at a Bombay hospital and had undergone brain surgery.. it was assumed to be a major high risk operation. The surgeon himself was uncertain if the boy could withstand the operation itself. But the surgery was carried out. Hazrat made dua and it was a success. Gradually He began to regain health and seeing this.. the surgeon had commented at hafiz sahab by saying ' Brother .. your prayers have been accepted..' since he had seen Hafiz sahab at the hospital engaging profusely in zikr.. Tilawat and Munajaat..)

I do emphasize that through this salah and fasting many feats have been accomplished..that you people have no value for.. it should have been the very reason that people flock at the Mashaikh..that one revived his Ta'at and ibadat.. improved his sawm and salah...

But now I observe that people gather around us and the moment they see us ..start acting weirdly.. as if losing their mental balance.. they behave in such awkward manner that it seems to hurt us in a way..and when we tighten them up.. they cry..

What I tell you is, if you do love me, keep it within limits.. is there any need to go out of the way..? if you behave as such.. then how will it work.. and let me inform you that love shall not let one to be within limits.. till one does not imbibe it with Ma'arifah..

It's the specialty of love that fills one with zeal.. sweeping him away..Ma'arifah instills Aitidal (balance) in love..
i.6.jpg
Downloads: 248
    [135.43 kB]
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 12:06

بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

When Mansoor uttered Ana Al Haq.. it was obviously a miracle of love.. but lacked Ma'arifa.. Shaikh Abdul Haq Radoli رحمة الله عليه explains it thus..

" Mansoor was a child..that sipping just a single drop he raised such a ruckus.. we have men here who drank the oceans and didn't even bother to speak a word.."

Hazrat Radoli was a high ranking Shaikh..and had the right to say so..
I narrated this to explain that when one crosses the limits.. it is due to extremity in love.. and when Aql (intellect) and Ma'arifa dominates.. he keeps balance..

When people gathered at Hazrat Mansoor رحمة الله عليه's house to take him out for execution.. the door of his room narrowed all of a sudden.. that it was impossible to come out..
Utterly frustrated, they narrated the incident to his Shaikh Hazrat Junaid Baghdadi رحمة الله عليه ..

Hazrat رحمة الله عليه arrived at the place and called out saying ' when you did utter something.. you should also be prepared to accept the Shari'i injuction that comes along with it.. and now is the time for ita'at (obedience) and imtisal ( compliance).. not for showing karamaat..
Hearing this Hazrat Mansoor immediately stepped out..

Just like Hazrat Mansoor..even Hazrat Shibli رحمة الله عليه was a Khalifa of Hazrat Junaid Baghdadi رحمة الله عليه but he was more pleased with Hazrat Shibli رحمة الله عليه than Hazrat Mansoor رحمة الله عليه..
He wished that Hazrat Mansoor refrained from saying Ana Al haq..he may have even restricted him.. but Hazrat Mansoor remained heedless..

Such kaifiyat (spiritual bearing) ) and haal(spiritual condition) were also present in Hazrat Shibli رحمة الله عليه but he had kept them subdued..

Of course such conditions are involuntary.. but haal should reside in Qalb.. is it necessary that one should express it in words... Hazrat Junaid رحمة الله عليه would prohibit these acts..stressing that Haal is linked to the Qalb so let it be there.. without even uttering a single word..

he was a Hakeem and knew that Hazrat Mansoor was Maghlub ul haal .. even saying something in this state bears no onus on him.. but he feared this could become a practice in his silsila later on..
i.7.jpg
Downloads: 226
    [124.80 kB]
+4 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 12:07
dr76 wrote:
View original post

Qari mubeen is the brother of hazrat maulaana qamruz zaman saab...dr76 you ever met him? As one friend said him and hazrat maulana qamruz zaman were known as like thanvi fanatics from a young age always engrossed in hazrat thanvi's books.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 12:19

بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

Ikhlaas and its rewards -

Defence and upholding of Shariah is a prime task for Ulema. It has been ordained by Allah سبحانه وتعالى and is binding on one and all.. scholar and the commoner alike.

Allah سبحانه وتعالى while addressing the Prophet (saw) has said :

ثُمَّ جَعَلْنَاكَ عَلَى شَرِيعَةٍ مِنَ الْأَمْرِ فَاتَّبِعْهَا

And now have We set thee (O Muhammad (saw) ) on a clear road of (Our) commandment; so follow it. (Surah Jaathiya:18, Marmaduke Pickthal Translation )

Nevertheless the Prophet (saw) had already imparted the knowledge of shari'ah, the sahabah too followed his foot prints in doing the same.. then the ulema of this Ummah in every period were the vanguard of shari'ah.

Remember.. that the most amazing accomplishment one could achieve is 'Itteba' of Shari'ah.. The utterance of Hazrat Mansur was contrary to Shari'ah in the literal sense.. that was the reason for Hazrat Junaid رحمة الله عليه to restrict him and the Ulema to issue a fatwa for his execution..
We also learn from this incident that to disappoint the shaikh or to upset him proves fatal. And the 'itteba' of Shari'ah is only possible when the mind is in a sound state. Meaning that one remains aware of his 'Qawl' .. 'Fa'al' and 'Haal'..

One shall gain proximity to Allah سبحانه وتعالى only when Ikhlaas is present in the heart... in the way one can gain Ikhlas in the company of Mukhliseen (sincere people)... it could also be achieved by reading about them and their conditions..
i.8.jpg
Downloads: 256
    [213.54 kB]
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 12:21
london786 wrote:
View original post

Haven't met him.. both are co brothers..ie, son in laws of Hazrat Maulana shah Wasiullah sahab رحمة الله عليه
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 12:26

بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

Now people ask me these days what lecture should they deliver that could be effective on the Muslims.. I ask them to speak on the conditions of Ambiya .. and the incidents of the Pious.. then see for yourself whether their hearts are moved or not... I have written in one of my articles that:

" Deen in reality is the name given to the life of the heart.. and that life sprouts by the fikr of akhirah..this is the reason inspite of which 'zahir' deen.. like sawm ..salah.. wa'az (sermon).. jalsa..maktab and madrassa are present increasingly ever before.. but people who are sensitive realise that they all have turned lifeless..

deen only exists now in form.. and has lost its spirit.. this happens when in the land or province where people of Batin.. ahle Qalb.. ahle salah are absent.. now is it possible that they gain awareness of the matters of Batin and Qalb.. so when they have no knowledge of it at all how would they practice upon it..
then in the absence of amal.. how would they arrive at Haal... so only forms of sawm and salah shall exist to be corrupt in reality and spirit.. this way obscurity and ignorance shall spread out.."

im saying so because it is necessary that that every place have the presence of a sahib e batin.. there is no focus on this today..

continued later Insha Allah..

duas..

wa Assalam..
i.9.jpg
Downloads: 197
    [188.60 kB]
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 12:30
dr76 wrote:
View original post

Dr saab as far as I remember both are son in laws of maulana shah wasihullah rh?? Maulaana qamruz zaman saab is the shaykh of Gujrat in many ways after hazrat mufti ahmed khanpuri db. He holds his annual khanqah in kantharia daruloom each year and I have heard his sons also hold khanqahs in Gujrat as well. We have many khulafah of maulana qamruz zaman db in the UK as well the most famous is maulana saleem dhorat though maulana Ismail bhuta is also a khalifah from what I gather. Also maulana saleem nawab db was also given ijazah by him though he is better known as a scholar. Sorry for straying off topic.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 12:32
dr76 wrote:
View original post

How true this is. Subhanallah. Ajeeb statement.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 12:51
london786 wrote:
View original post

Yes u are right.. they are son in laws of Hazrat Maulana Shah wasiullah sahab رحمة الله عليه .. typo.. whereas Hazrat Hakeem kalimullah sahab db of Aligarh is the son in law of Hazrat Hardoi رحمة الله عليه

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2014 13:15
جزاك الله خيرا

May Allah bless me with this quality as well
+0 -0Ameen x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2014 18:02
السلام عليكم

(bism1)

Ikhlaas And Rectification of Niyyat

Said this is Bukhari Shareef.. the first Hadith that Imam Bukhari رحمة الله عليه narrated here is the following –

Says that Hadith was narrated to us By Humaidi who heard it from Sufyan who from Yahya Bin Saeed Ansari and who learnt from Muhammed Ibrahim Tamimi who heard Alqamah Ibn Waqqas Laithi narrating that he heard from Hazrat Umar Bin Al Khattab رضي الله عنه saying from the pulpit that he heard from Rasoolullah (s.a.w) that:

“Actions are but by intentions and every man shall have but that which he intended. he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated.”

This Hadith of Bukhari is also seen in Mishkat sharif but there are some additional words included, that after "wa innama li-kulli imri` ma nawa," there is “ whose migration was for Allah and His messenger, his migration was for Allah and His messenger” And thereafter similar with the words of “he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit ….”

Thus we have an additional stanza here that whose migration was for Allah and his messenger, his migration was for Allah and his messenger.

contd..
i.10.jpg
Downloads: 416
    [999.15 kB]
+2 -0Winner x 2