Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Legit Question - Why Salafy dont bulldoze grave of Ibn Taymiya (ra)?

You have contributed 15.8% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2013 20:56
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Only mentioned it here and on my fb last month. Salafys here hate my name, I say if salafys hate you it is a sign of nisbat ma'Allah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2013 21:07
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

They say "early generation of Muslims" but stop at Ibn Taymiyya ra. I don't think Ibn Taymiyya ra is even considered Salaf.

No doubt shaikhul islam was a great scholar but he was not infallibe. They think of him to be infallible. extremely cult behaviours.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2013 21:41

Hazrat,

It is the opinion of the entire Ummah that Salaf means the first pious (and righteous) generations of Islam as stated in a Hadeeth very clearly which is the generation of Sayyidina Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassalam) and Sahaba (RA), Taba'een and Taba'Taba'een

حدثني إسحاق حدثنا النضر أخبرنا شعبة عن أبي جمرة سمعت زهدم بن مضرب سمعت عمران بن حصين رضي الله عنهما يقول قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم خير أمتي قرني ثم الذين يلونهم ثم الذين يلونهم قال عمران فلا أدري أذكر بعد قرنه قرنين أو ثلاثا ثم إن بعدكم قوما يشهدون ولا يستشهدون ويخونون ولا يؤتمنون وينذرون ولا يفون ويظهر فيهم السمن

Sayyidina Imran bin Husain (RA) narrated that Allah's Apostle (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said:

1. The best of my followers are those living in my generation (i.e. my contemporaries).
  2. And then those who will follow the latter"
  3. 'Imran added, "I do not remember whether he mentioned two or three generations after his generation,

then the Prophet (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam)  added, 'There will come after you, people who will bear witness without being asked to do so, and will be treacherous and untrustworthy, and they will vow and never fulfill their vows, and fatness will appear among them." [Bukhari]

The great Al-Hafidh Ibn Haj'r Asqalani (RA) who has the most Authenic commentary of Saheeh Bukhari (according to Salafees) and one of the best (according to the Ummah), even mentions the time line as follows:

وقد سبق في صفة النبي - صلى الله عليه وسلم - قوله : وبعثت في خير قرون بني آدم وفي رواية بريدة عند أحمد خير هذه الأمة القرن الذين بعثت فيهم وقد ظهر أن الذي بين البعثة وآخر من مات من الصحابة مائة سنة وعشرون سنة أو دونها أو فوقها بقليل على الاختلاف في وفاة أبي الطفيل ، وإن اعتبر ذلك من بعد وفاته - صلى الله عليه وسلم - فيكون مائة سنة أو تسعين أو سبعا وتسعين ، وأما قرن التابعين فإن اعتبر من سنة مائة كان نحو سبعين أو ثمانين ، وأما الذين بعدهم فإن اعتبر منها كان نحوا من خمسين ، فظهر بذلك أن مدة القرن تختلف باختلاف أعمار أهل كل زمان والله أعلم . واتفقوا أن آخر من كان من أتباع التابعين ممن يقبل قوله من عاش إلى حدود العشرين ومائتين ، وفي هذا الوقت ظهرت البدع ظهورا فاشيا ، وأطلقت المعتزلة ألسنتها ، ورفعت الفلاسفة رءوسها ، وامتحن أهل العلم ليقولوا بخلق القرآن ، وتغيرت الأحوال تغيرا شديدا ، ولم يزل الأمر في نقص إلى الآن . وظهر قوله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - ثم يفشو الكذب ظهورا بينا حتى يشمل الأقوال والأفعال والمعتقدات

والله المستعان

And we have narrated for you the attributes of Sayyidina Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassalam) as he (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassalam)  said, "I have been deputed in the best of generation of Son of Adam". And in the narration of Buraida (RA) in the Musnad of Imam Ahmed (RA) it is mentioned, "The best of this Ummah is the Qarn (time) in which I have been deputed in (for them). It is apparent that this time period is:

1. Sahaba: Between the (deputation of Prophet (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassalam)) to the demise of the last Sahabi which is 120 AH, a little less under or a little above because there is difference of opinion on the passing away of Abu Tufail (RA) [who was the last Sahabi] and this is what is believed after his passing away. So he (may have been) 100 yeard old or 90 years old or seventy-nine years old in age
  2. Taba'een: As for the Qarn (time) of Taba'een then it is believed to be from 100AH to 170 AH (or 180 AH)
  3. Taba Tab'een: As for the those who followed them (Taba'een) it is beleived that may be (another) 50 years.

It is apparent that these time periods differ according to the age of people in their respective times (generations) and Allah (SWT) knows best.

And it is accepted that the last of those who followed (Taba'een) lived towards the end of 220 AH because this the time when the despicbale innovations (Bidahs) started to emerge. The Mut'azilla launched their doctrine and the (Greek) philosophers raised their heads and the people of knowledge (Ulamah) were put to test about the (Qu'raan) being a creation. And the circumstances changed violently and there has been no diminishing of these (Fitnahs) untl now (his time, imagine if he was in 2013!)

So this clearly testifies to the words of Sayyidina Rasul-ullah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) that after this falsehood will spread until it will include (and envelope) words, actions and creeds.

Allah (SWT) help us!

Only a Moron would put Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (RA) amongst the Salaf!

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2013 22:56
To be fair, linguistically the word salaf just means predecessor. According to ulama (as uncle Mu'adh just posted) it means the first 3 generations of Muslims. Problem happens when debating, they claim the linguistic meaning in the context following the sayings of ulama of any time period, thus confusing the heck out of the person listening to them...
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 08:22
"No one is scared of a sleeping lion and no one is scared of a stuffed lion (toy for kids)" - Allama Mufti Saeed Ahmed Paalanpuri db
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 08:30
The deen of these people ends at Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyya رضي الله عنه. I think that Shaykhul Islam رضي الله عنه was a great scholar and did a great service in deen, no one can deny that. But I do not hold him to be infallibe. Shaikh رضي الله عنه came from a family of great Hanbali scholars but has gone against Hanbala in some big issues, actually he has opposed the vast majority of scholars on some big issues. He spent most of his life in jail because of some of his views such as 3 talaaq equals 1 talaaq. As long as shaikh did not comment on aqeedah he was known to be a heirloom of the scholars of old, once he opened his ideas on aqeedah he fell hard from his rank. Shaikh رضي الله عنه had some great students such as Ibn Kathir and Ibn Al Qayyim Al Jouziya among some other great scholars may Allah swt have mercy upon both of them. But shaikh was not infallibe, Salafy view him as infallibe.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 09:24

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Hazrat,

The problem is Shaykh Al-Albani (RA) and not Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (RA) or Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul-Wahab (RA) as such. Both of the two later were Muqallids and their positions (barring one or two) are mostly in line with Hanbali Madhab.

Shaykh Al-Albani (RA) on the other hand had some kind of a violent reaction to his father's Sufi Hanafi'ism and as a result REVOLTED against Taqleed and Hanafi Madhab (in particular). Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (RA) or Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul-Wahab (RA) never revolted against Taqleed or Hanafi Madhab, at all.

Take a good look at the Tassawuff position of Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (RA) or Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul-Wahab (RA) and its similar to Shah Ismail Shaheed (RA), Shaykh Al-Albani (RA) on the other hand pounces on anything Sufi or Madhab! His reactions are not normal...I wish someone do a proper study on the relationship between him and his father...

What did he see in Ottoman Sufees and Ottoman Hanafees which made him like this?

#23 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 10:01
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Yes I do think that for the most part these bandits have taken the names of these mashaikh in vain. They will throw Albani ra and Ibn Taymiyya ra and anyone else under the bus for their motives. Ibn Taymiyya ra had seen a lot of bidat, innovations, even straight out kufr like rock worship in Syria, so he has such strict position against bid'aat. Unfortunately, I have not yet read into the life of Shaikh Abdul Wahhab ra.

As far as I know, Shaikh Ibn Taymiyya رضي الله عنه was hardcore anti tasawwuf period.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 10:14
fusus wrote:
View original post

Are you sure Sh. al-Islam was anti-Tasawwuf? Hasn't Mawlana Makki written a book on Tasawwuf on the Imams of the Salafiyya movement? Deoband.org was translating it not sure if there is a chapter on Sh. al-Islam.

Edit: Found it: www.deoband.org/2010/11/tasawwuf/sufism-and-the-imams-of-...

Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 10:25
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Just a reminder for members not to drift off topic, and keep in mind the thread title whilst posting

WasSalaam
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 10:55
Can we please change threaed topic to Everything Ibn Taymiya
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 11:08
Please feel free to start a new topic...I.e. the works of Ibn Taymiya R.a. please first check via search engine whether a similar thread is already available. جزاك الله خيرا
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 11:50
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 18:55

Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (RA) dedicated an entire volume of his Fatawaa on Tassawuff entitled "Kitabut-Tassawuff" which is the 11th volume and can be read here.

Many of the Madkhalees have either never read it OR don't know that Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (RA) wrote about Tassawuff is such detail. His view on Tassawuff summarised in his own words is as follows:

وأولياء الله هم المؤمنون المتقون، سواء سمى أحدهم فقيراً أو صوفياً أو فقيهاً أو عالماً أو تاجراً أو صانعاً أو أميراً أو حاكماً أو غير ذلك، قال تعالى: أَلا إِنَّ أَوْلِيَاءَ اللَّهِ لا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ * الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَكَانُوا يَتَّقُونَ

And the Auliya of Allah (SWT), they are Mumineen (true believers) and Muttaqoon (those possessing Taqwa). And they may be known by other names such as Faqeer (ascetic), Sufi, Faqih (Jurists), Scholar, Trader, manufacturer, Ameer (nobleman) or ruler or like thereof.

[10:62] Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve. [10:63] Those who have believed and have been fearful of Allah.

...Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah on the Awlyia and Fana

He wasn't into Hazrat-worhsip, I agree with that...

Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2014 15:15

Not far off from Syria!

But I'm sure this will raise questions.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28177841

In pictures: Isis destroys Iraq shrines

Al-Qubba Husseiniya, a Shia shrine, being blown up in the city of Mosul.

Images posted on social media appear to show the destruction of about a dozen places of worship across northern Iraq, in areas recently taken over by extremist militants.

Al-Qubba Husseiniya, a Shia shrine, being blown up in the city of Mosul.

Some images showed the al-Qubba Husseiniya, a Shia shrine, being blown up in the city of Mosul.

Tomb of the girl in Mosul

Militants used a bulldozer to destroy a shrine known as the "Girl's Tomb" in Mosul.

Tomb of the girl in Mosul

They believe giving special veneration to graves and relics is against the teachings of Islam.

Saad bin Aqeel Husseiniya shrine in Tal Afar

Militants also destroyed the Saad bin Aqeel Husseiniya shrine in Tal Afar, approximately 50 km (35 miles) west of Mosul.

Saad bin Aqeel Husseiniya shrine in Tal Afar

The militants, believed to belong to Isis (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant), are also reported to have attacked churches in Mosul.

Ahmed al-Rifai shrine and tomb in the Mahlabiya district near Tal Afar

More images showed the Ahmed al-Rifai shrine and tomb in the Mahlabiya district near Tal Afar being attacked with a bulldozer.

Ahmed al-Rifai shrine and tomb in the Mahlabiya district near Tal Afar

The militants have attacked Shia and Sunni shrines alike, and have vowed to continue destroying places of worship which they do not approve of