Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Qibla Direction

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taqwah, sweetmuslimahk1, Yasin, Seifeddine-M, Muadh_Khan, abu mohammed, muslimah101, Taalibah, abuzayd2k
4 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 26th May 2013 08:50

brooklynyte4ever wrote:
View original post

Non-nense. I lived in America and been to many old Masajid and I have NEVER been to any Masjid apart from Ahbash which faced South East. It is possible that errors were made and ofcourse I can't cover every eventuality.

If you are from Ahbash,

1. First declare yourself
  2. Then discuss your Aqeedah
  3. Thirdly, clearly state why Ahbash changed Qiblah in Lebanon? What was the issue there?

and please don't sully the Madhab of Imam Shaf'ae (RA).

Jazakullah Khairun

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 26th May 2013 13:26

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

As salaamu alaykum

Saheb as shown in the bros signiture he is a part of AICP...Also tje graveyard the speak about is in California I don't know of any other then this....A Masjid in Nj which was the first back in tje 70"s or a lil later has NE qibla this is the QIBLA NORTH EAST...to our AICP guest...please respect the madhab of Imam Shafi rahmatuallah alayh

In reliance of the Traveler you will read that you cant force Shafi usool on one who follows another madhab..but please make sure your upon whats correct in your madhab NO ONE IN THE AICP HAS THE AUTHORITY TO CHANGE THE MADHAB OF IMAM SHAFI rahmatuallah alayh

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2013 18:34
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

This is happening tomorrow InshaAllah..

www.muftisays.com/forums/27-sharing-portal/5907-makkah-ne...

This only happens twice a year, make the most of it and please try to share your findings here.

Don't forget to workout the times according to your country.

Jazakallah

FIND YOUR QIBLAH USING THE SUN TOMORROW.

TRIED AND TESTED LAST YEAR, PERFECT.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2013 19:03
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

salaam

this is at 9:27 GMT?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2013 22:44
For the Americans

Quote:
Everyone would agree that if we can see that minaret, facing to that is the direction of Qibla. Now, Allah (SWT) has provided that imaginary minaret in the form of the sun being at the top of that minaret. It has been observed for centuries that there are two days in a year (May 28 and on July 16) when sun comes exactly overhead Ka'bah at the local noon time. Muslims in many distant countries for centuries used to wait for these dates, in the hope to see which direction is the sun and then set the orientation of the mosques.

It has been observed that around noon time of Makkah, it is about 6 am in Nova Scotia, Canada and Maine, USA. The sun rises in those locations as it comes overhead Makkah at local noon time. Facing the sun on those two dates around 6 am gives the correct direction of Qibla from North America. Those who had observed this confirmed that they saw the sun in North East direction at the specified time and date. Therefore, it is correct to say that Qibla from North America is generally North-East, except from Alaska and California where it is close to North direction.

The actual direction of the sun observed verifies with the angle calculated using Spherical Trigonometry for calculating the direction from one point to another. For the 48 contiguous states of USA, the Qibla is some angle between North and East; the angle varies from location to location. The precise value of what angle from North one should turn to face the Qibla can be calculated from Spherical Trigonometry, using Great Cirlce concept or shortest distance theory, assuming the earth is a sphere. The fact that the earth is a geoid (ellipsoid flattened at the poles) affects the results in negligible and practically immeasurable quantities.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2013 00:02
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

I make it 10:18am GMT.

Better if the Arabic readers provide a better and accurate translation of the specific time.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2013 10:20
Oh well, so much for the sun to be even visible here in London.

Just as well I did this last year and confirmed it from my place, alhumdulillah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2013 14:30
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

salaam

yup no sun up north either. i prefer it this way though. keeps the chavs dressed and indoors.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2013 15:02

xs11ax wrote:
View original post

No sun in the Midlands.

No post ratings
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 29th May 2013 03:19
It was cloudy here too
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 29th May 2013 09:41

Abu Taalib Deobandi wrote:
View original post

I don't understand? I thought that you lived on the East Coast so how did you see the sun at this time yesterday? In my estimation you barely had a sun at this time...Please confirm? 

The times are as follows for the year around:

1. When you observe the sun at these times (after converting it to your local time), you will be facing the Ka'bah giving you Qibla direction, because if there were a very high minaret over Ka'bah reaching up to the sky, then you will see it just like you are seeing the sun.
    1. May 28 09:18 UTC
    2. July 15 09:27 UTC
  2. Face toward the shadow from the sun at these times (after converting it to local time) and you will be facing Ka'bah. If you can see the sun but cannot see the shadow, put your back towards the sun and your face will be towards Qibla.
    1. November 28 21:09 UTC
    2. Janaury 13 21:29 UTC

Obviously for the last time the clocks will fall back by an hour so if you click on it now you will get the wrong times.

Jazakullah Khairun

+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd June 2013 07:05
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Salamualaikum musth khan

I'm not sullying the shafi mathab.i am a hanafi and follow the teaching and advise of Moulana a.s. desai of p.e. South Africa. ( the majlis) . I'm not a scholar but follow the view of the majlis. I don't know what ahbash means.i don't doubt ur honesty brother but here in the states even the hanafi s who follow south east qiblah are being pressured to change to north east by ulema and mussalis. I can say this with certainty because I'm a New Yorker and I'm born here. I see the non sense .If there is valid ikhtilaf in the mathabs we don't argue and respect the other opinions. The majlis reviewed sheikh ha meem kellers book on the qiblah issue and commented that there were many mistakes and errors in it. I had read kellers book and sent it to the majlis. This is their view, not my mine.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd June 2013 07:18
One good thing that the majlis said that I liked was that Muslims shoudnt go in a masjid with a compass and try to see what direction one is facing. The shariah does not compel musallis to investigate if the qiblah of an astabblished is n. east or s.east . Just perform your Salaat. It's a different story if one knows for sure that the qiblah is way off then they should not pray there. I my self don't go to any masjid to investigate which way is the qiblah in order to save my self from starting any fitnah. If I were to investigate, would find that most of the musajids are north east.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd June 2013 07:46
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

i didnt know that they were a devient sect my brother.i'm definitely not down with them.i just went on wikipidia and read something about them.i dont know how true that maybe because its coming from wikipedia.anyway, the issue is about the qiblah even if they follow qiblah south east, that doesnt mean that they can be wrong in that field.they do ay that they follow the shafi mathab.allahu alim.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2014 21:24
(bism1)

I would have posted this on the other qiblah thread, but its locked.

The North American Qiblah Controversy

Just posting as an FYI. New section on the site devoted to all of Maulanaa Desai's fataawa regarding this issue.

Note: I do not agree with Maulanaa's opinion on this issue, however I do respect his opinion and do not believe it to be baseless.

+2 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: