Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, bint e aisha
5 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 22:18
Pass. How about you brother Muadh.

I read a few lines about her studies in Glasgow and that she should not be followed. Then u also had to stop. It took me ages to read. I'll see if there is another copy. U also saw the same fatwas on sunniforrum.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 22:22
Sorry. The u should be a an I.

Can't edit from phone. I also read the fatwas on the phones 3.7" screen. So you can imagine how difficult it was.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 22:35

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 23:18

"ummi taalib" wrote:
brother abu mohammad, the article is in urdu and the print is such that i cannot read it...any chance of a translation please?

Dr Farhat Hashmi is involved in teaching Islamic (Lessons) at various places which are attended by Fashionable and secularly educated women. A Karachi news paper also publishes her Tafseer of Qur’aan lesson and her institute “Al-Huda International” provides short Islamic courses where the graduates are encouraged to engage in teaching after completion.
I am sending some clips from her newspaper publications and would like to know your opinion on attending her lectures, listening and reading them and also to send our daughters on “Al-Huda International” courses.

After reviewing the clips it has become apparent that the respected Doctor is engaged in propagating many false beliefs in the name of Islamic Dawah.

She is a graduate of Glasgow university and western universities have a track record of producing orientalists who create doubts and misgivings in the name of “Research on Islam”. The curriculum based in these universities has been formulated precisely to affect the hearts and minds of most of their students and unfortunately fall into the trappings of deception while studying there.

The teachings of respected Doctor which have been made available to us range from sheer misguidance to opening the doors of Fitnah and they are as follows:

I am going to skip the evidence in translation and detailed discussions and just give an overview.

1. To declare Taqleed as impressible
  2. To declare that if many Salah are missed then making qadha are not necessary an merely making Taubah is sufficient
  3. To teach a basic translation and Tafseer of the Qur’aan and then to encourage the graduates to begin extracting injunctions directly from the Qur’aan
  4. To turn people away from Ulama and Mashaykh and from “traditional Islamic institutes” which are engaged in longer format of teaching and learning and to encourage people to ignore the research of Aimmah who spent years learning and then deriving these rulings in favour of “short term” courses where the students can directly decipher and extract rulings
  5. Sometimes respected Doctor is guilty of such harsh refutation that even the Sahaba (RA) are not spared from it e.g. when refuting the opinion of (prohibiting) a menstruating women from reciting she goes on to say that Allah (SWT) & His Rasool (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) have not forbidden us so who are these people and how dare they us prohibit us?
  6. On the issue of women attending Mosques she says, “These self-made restrictions are not Taqwa! And why are all these restrictions for us (women)?”

Article lists evidence from Sahaba (RA) about points 5 & 6 and shows how Sahaba (RA) are being caught in her strong refutation!

Therefore we don’t deem it permissible to attend her lectures or listen or read them or to attend her institute and it is OBLIGATORY to save oneself and others from it.

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2011 11:19
assalaamu 'alaykum
Jazakallaahu khayran for this brother muadh!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2011 17:48
assalaamu 'alaykum brother muadh:
2 questions:

1. what does number 1 in the list mean (regarding taqleed)?

2. what is the source of this article (is it mentioned in the article)?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2011 17:56

The source is:

Mufti Muhammad, Darul Ifta wal Irshad, Nazimabad, Karachi:

It says it under the title of the paper, Aap ke Masa'il ke Hal

The place where the paper came from under the guidance of Mufti Rasheed Ahmed Ludhyanvi.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2011 18:05
Sorry, I understand the q is directed to brother Muadh, but as I saw it I have replied.

1 in the list.
Certain elements like the ahle hadith consider Taqleed to be shirk. Therefore it is considered as impermissible in their school of thought.

With such a belief, majority of the ummah are non-muslims.

Dangerous school to be with.

They are certain video's on YouTube where these scholars have also claimed taqleed to be shirk. They are of the Salafi, ahle hadith, Wahabi clan.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2011 23:13
To Brothet Madni:

Would you like me to post the PM here.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 28th June 2011 09:49

This is a message from Brother Madni via PM as he was unable to contribute. I have added it here with his permission.

"Madni" wrote:
Wsalam,

Actually brother i just wanted to say something in the Farhat Hashmi thread. We had been in the front line opposing her when she began her Dars e Quran around 10 years ago in Karachi. I was studying in Jamiat ur Rasheed - Madressah of Mufti Rasheed Ahmed sahib RA. We told Mufti Abu Lubaba about her and then they set out to do some research on her.

The first book published on her was Al-Huda Internatinoal Hidayat ya Gumrahi. It was published from Binori Town by Maulana Talha (i've forgotten if he's the son of Mufti Ahmed ur Rahman RA or Mufti Yousuf Binori RA). We provided him with all the details about her. This book is not very detailed. Then there were other books too.

The Fatwa of Zarb e Momin, even though it is detailed but they don't have any first hand information. Mufti Muhammad sahib doesn't write the fatwas himself most of the time. His students write them. What i know is that every refutation of Farhat Hashmi sahiba is based on hearsay. No one has ever gone to meet her themselves or tried to talk to her or attended her bayans.

Mufti Abu Lubaba sahib was also very active once in refuting her. But then he realized that instead of refuting her it would be better if we start our own thing which should be as attractive as her daroos.

She has changed alot of lives. She's brought alot of people from utter Gumrahi towards namaz. Alot of aunties in my family, my Khala, they changed by going to her bayans. They were of the class where sleeveless tshirts for women are a normal thing. Then we saw those same ladies giving dars e Quran wearing full hijabs and burqahs.

The point is, that we should try to setup our own Darse Quran which should be on or better than her level. This is the thing we lack in.

Duaaon ki darkhwast.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 28th June 2011 11:35
Jazaakumullaahu khayraa!
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 28th June 2011 11:39
A bit like Dr. Zakir Naik very beneficial yet sometimes misleading.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 14:18
would you say this topic deserves the "acheivemnt" stamp?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 14:58

"ummi taalib" wrote:
would you say this topic deserves the "acheivemnt" stamp?

Asslamo Allaikum, 

What has been "acheived"?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 18:41
No post ratings