Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, bint e aisha
5 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2011 17:50
Assalaamu 'alaykum

I once read an article in Dharb-e-mu'min regarding the misinterpretations made by Farhat Hashmi...the info is needed...can anyone help get reliable info on her?
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2011 20:00

"ummi taalib" wrote:
Assalaamu 'alaykum I once read an article in Dharb-e-mu'min regarding the misinterpretations made by Farhat Hashmi...the info is needed...can anyone help get reliable info on her?

W-Salam,

I have spent about 2 years on this subject and I know about her being "Ahl-e-Hadeeth" but if you find something else substantial please inform us.

Maulana Abu Bilal's (SF)'s teacher has written a book on it and I have yet to see/read it.

Jazakullah Khairun

Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2011 20:02

I have met her students and graduates (Aapas) from her institues, they are "standard Ahl-e-Hadeeth/Self-Ijtehaad" type...

One of my Aunty's is a famous Aapa from her institute.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2011 20:23
Muadh_Khan wrote:
"ummi taalib" wrote:
Assalaamu 'alaykum I once read an article in Dharb-e-mu'min regarding the misinterpretations made by Farhat Hashmi...the info is needed...can anyone help get reliable info on her?
W-Salam, I have spent about 2 years on this subject and I know about her being "Ahl-e-Hadeeth" but if you find something else substantial please inform us. Maulana Abu Bilal's (SF)'s teacher has written a book on it and I have yet to see/read it. Jazakullah Khairun

assalaamu 'alaykum
do you know the name of the book (and the author - i dont know who Mawlana Bilal sahib's teacher is)?
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2011 20:25
Is there no way anyone can get in touch with the newspaper Dharb-e-mu'min so we can get the articel? I read it a few years ago
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2011 21:24
Muadh_Khan wrote:
"ummi taalib" wrote:
W-Salam, I have spent about 2 years on this subject and I know about her being "Ahl-e-Hadeeth" but if you find something else substantial please inform us. Maulana Abu Bilal's (SF)'s teacher has written a book on it and I have yet to see/read it. Jazakullah Khairun

I know she is Ahl e hadith,but i have over 1000 cd's of her,which i think are great.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 00:50
I had every issue of dharb-e-mu'min from the day it was launched in the UK in English. It was truly the best.

I had collected them all, and now I have nothing. Long story!
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 01:04
I've never seen this site before but I remember the spelling was zarb-i-mumin, so I done a little looking around and found this.

zarbpk.blogspot.com

Hope it helps, like I said, I haven't seen it or checked it out.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 01:39
Second thoughts, forget about the above site. The news paper would never promote images of living things. Looks a little Dodgy to me.

If anything, try searching for zarb-i-mumin, you'll even find a face book account.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 01:40
Second thoughts, forget about the above site. The news paper would never promote images of living things. Looks a little Dodgy to me.

If anything, try searching for zarb-i-mumin, you'll even find a face book account.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 02:20
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 12:26
abu mohammed wrote:
I had every issue of dharb-e-mu'min from the day it was launched in the UK in English. It was truly the best.

I had collected them all, and now I have nothing. Long story!

All i know that my friends brother who works along Molana tariq jamil,what he said about farhat hashmi was that what she preaches she dont practice..so allah knows the realty of her deen.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 18:26

"sister-in-islam" wrote:
"abu mohammed" wrote:
I had every issue of dharb-e-mu'min from the day it was launched in the UK in English. It was truly the best. I had collected them all, and now I have nothing. Long story!
All i know that my friends brother who works along Molana tariq jamil,what he said about farhat hashmi was that what she preaches she dont practice..so allah knows the realty of her deen.

Asslamo Allaikum,

I don't know Dr Farhat Hashmi personally and as a Muslim we have to have good impression of her that she in deed practises what she preaches.

The problem with her ideology (which we know) and of her students is that it encourages "Self-Ijtehaad" and going away from the norm and procedure of this Ummah which is to place their "trust in Ulama & Mashykh". For 1400 years this is how people have inculcuated Sunnah in their lives and travelled the path towards the Marif'ah of Allah (SWT) by

TRUSTING ULAMA & MASHAYKH

Humility is the corner stone of Islam & Sunnah and if you look around yourself in men and women this is the BIGGEST PROBLEM which we find today i.e. everybody knows everything.

PRIDE & ARROGANCE is resulting in brothers and sisters constantly burning OUT and some even leaving the Deen i.e. you constantly see Brothers growing huge beards and sisters wearing a Niqab and sometime later ditching both.

Its become a fashion and at the first sign of "trouble and test" these things are discarded. Unfortunately "Tassawuff" has also become a game in our times in the hands of people i.e. its more like a CULT rather then a way of reforming a person.

In this day and age we have to go out of our way to avoid people and personalities who preach "Self-Ijtehaad" and preach Islam in line with how Muslims for the past 1400 years have learnt and practised it.

There is barakah of Allah (SWT) & his Marif'ah in Deen of Allah (SWT) when learnt the right way.

In principle we don't have anything personal against Dr Farhat Hashmi or anybody else.

I have learnt my lesson after years of wasting my time and chasing shadows so this is just a personal opinion.

Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 19:39
Well said.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2011 22:13
brother abu mohammad,
the article is in urdu and the print is such that i cannot read it...any chance of a translation please?