Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

Hijama / Cupping in Detail.

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Topic Poll
» Yes, Wet Cupping (Blood letting)
84%
10 members | 0 guests
» Yes, Dry Cupping (No Blood taken out)
0%
0 members | 0 guests
» No
17%
2 members | 0 guests
» You must be out of your mind, no way!
0%
0 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sultan khan, brooklynyte4ever, ahealth, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, queenie, abu mohammed, healer, xs11ax, TalibatunNoor, Acacia, Taalibah, HijamaClnic, sharjan8643
19 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
831
Taalibah's avatar
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 25th April 2012 18:10
please contact the above website, they may be able to hold either male hijamah classes or female hijamah classes depending on number of people interested, you may need to aid them in finding a suitable venue to hold the classes.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
831
Taalibah's avatar
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 25th April 2012 18:13
sorry didnt read your previous post, just got very enthusiastic seeing this thread, classes are well worth the time. highly recommended.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
831
Taalibah's avatar
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 25th April 2012 18:16
jazakallah for putting up the much needed contact list of practitioners across uk, will definitly be recomending this thread to others.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
26,349
Brother
9,576
abu mohammed's avatar
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 25th April 2012 18:21
Anything to promote the Sunnah is welcome over and over. To be enthusiastic just by reading or seeing thisor any other topic shows your determination to push the Sunnah forward. May Allah reward you and us all and keep us steadfast in His Deen.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
26,349
Brother
9,576
abu mohammed's avatar
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2012 01:01
"abu mohammed" wrote:
In the Jummah khutbah in the haram, the mufti was quoted to say, Drawing blood by cupping (Al-Hijamah), nullifies the fast, but bleeding from an injury or nose bleeding do not affect the fast because it was not done intentionally. As to donating blood to save the life of another Muslim, this is considered as Al-Hijamah. In this case, a Muslim must compensate by fasting another day. He said if blood is withdrawn to conduct analyses or a person suffering from heart disease uses a sublingualtablet (under the tongue), there is no harm. As to menses during fasting even if a short while before sunset or blood coming out a few minutes after sunset does not affect or nullifya woman’sfast, hesaid.[/quote]


The above was a salafi point of view, but look how the scholars of Hadith are of a different opinion, SubhanAllah.

[quote="Muftisays"] Bismillah

Al-jawab billahi at-taufeeq (the answer with Allah's guidance)

Hijamah (taking blood from the body) does not render the fasting invalid without dislikeness. This is according to Imam Abu Hanifah, Imam Malik and Imam Shafi'and the Jumhur (majority)(Rahmatullahi Alaihim). In another narration of Imam Shafi' and Imam Malik it is Makruh. (Bidayatul Mujtahid Vol.1 Pg.212)

Evidence:

Ibn `Abbas (RadhiyAllahu Anhu) says that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was cupped while he was in the state of Ihram and while he was fasting. (Al-Bukhari)

Anas (RadhiyAllahu Anhu) was asked once, did you dislike cupping for the fasting person? He (Anas) said: No, (we did not) unless it made the person weak. (Al-Bukhari)

Also, the permissibility of performing cupping was reported from Sa`d ibn Abi Waqqas, Ibn Mas`ud, Ibn `Abbas, Ibn `Umar, Anas Bin Malik, Husayn ibn `Ali, Zayd ibn Arqam, `A'ishah, and Umm Salamah (RadhiyAllahu Anhum). ('Umdatul Qari Vol.11 Pg.39)

Imam Ahmad and Imam Ishaq and other scholars (Rahmatullahi Alaihim) says that Hijamah makes the fasting invalid. (Ma'alimus Sunan Lil Khattabi Vol.3 Pg.242)

Evidence:

Rafi' Ibn Khadij (RadhiyAllahu Anhu) narrates that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said,"The cupper and the cupped have broken the fast." (Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud)

Imam Tahawi (Ramatullahi Alaih) says the meaning to this Hadith; "The cupper and the cupped have broken the fast" refers to the loss of reward due to Ghibah (Backbiting) and not cupping. Imam Tahawi mentions a Hadith which is narrated by Abu Al Ash'ath As San'ani (RadhiyAllahu Anhu) that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said,"The cupper and the cupped have broken the fast, because they have backbited." (Tahawi Vol.1 Pg.295, 296)

Imam Shafi' and others say that this Hadith has been abrogated by the Hadith of Ibn Abbas (RadhiyAllahu Anhu), which confirmed that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was cupped while fasting. (Kitabul Umm Vol.2 Pg.108)

Therefore, taking a blood test or applying injection does not affect the validity of fasting.

(See: Darse Tirmidhi Vol.2 Pg.608-612 and 622)

And Only Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.

--------------------------------------
Moulana Qamruz


www.muftisays.com/qa/question/2504/shafiee-madhab.html
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
831
Taalibah's avatar
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2012 08:02
abu mohammed wrote:


I did have a question for you, and that is, "What size should the cups be, as they come in a variety of sizes. If you could give me the dimensions, that would be helpful."?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
831
Taalibah's avatar
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2012 08:12
For larger area, I.e, main drainage areas, back, shoulders, etc. cup no.2: 1 x 5cm diameter excluding rim (5.9cm including rim).

For all other smaller areas, I.e. neck, head, knee area, etc.
cup no.4: 1 x 3.5cm diameter excluding rim (4.3cm including rim).

But this is variable depending on preference of use by each individual practitioner.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
nyc
484
Brother
382
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2012 04:02
abu mohammed wrote:
Youtube Video


although in this video, the cups are made of glass and fire is used, there is now a method using plastic cups and a suction pully, no fire is used.



salamualaikum.this video is the most accurate way to perform cupping.the glass cups are correct for this and plastic cups can be used as well but I prefer the glass air cups instead. It's only a matter of preference and not a fatwa. Jazakullah
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
nyc
484
Brother
382
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2012 04:07
abu mohammed wrote:
"abu mohammed" wrote:
In the Jummah khutbah in the haram, the mufti was quoted to say, Drawing blood by cupping (Al-Hijamah), nullifies the fast, but bleeding from an injury or nose bleeding do not affect the fast because it was not done intentionally. As to donating blood to save the life of another Muslim, this is considered as Al-Hijamah. In this case, a Muslim must compensate by fasting another day. He said if blood is withdrawn to conduct analyses or a person suffering from heart disease uses a sublingualtablet (under the tongue), there is no harm. As to menses during fasting even if a short while before sunset or blood coming out a few minutes after sunset does not affect or nullifya woman’sfast, hesaid.[/quote]


The above was a salafi point of view, but look how the scholars of Hadith are of a different opinion, SubhanAllah.

[quote="Muftisays"] Bismillah

Al-jawab billahi at-taufeeq (the answer with Allah's guidance)

Hijamah (taking blood from the body) does not render the fasting invalid without dislikeness. This is according to Imam Abu Hanifah, Imam Malik and Imam Shafi'and the Jumhur (majority)(Rahmatullahi Alaihim). In another narration of Imam Shafi' and Imam Malik it is Makruh. (Bidayatul Mujtahid Vol.1 Pg.212)

Evidence:

Ibn `Abbas (RadhiyAllahu Anhu) says that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was cupped while he was in the state of Ihram and while he was fasting. (Al-Bukhari)

Anas (RadhiyAllahu Anhu) was asked once, did you dislike cupping for the fasting person? He (Anas) said: No, (we did not) unless it made the person weak. (Al-Bukhari)

Also, the permissibility of performing cupping was reported from Sa`d ibn Abi Waqqas, Ibn Mas`ud, Ibn `Abbas, Ibn `Umar, Anas Bin Malik, Husayn ibn `Ali, Zayd ibn Arqam, `A'ishah, and Umm Salamah (RadhiyAllahu Anhum). ('Umdatul Qari Vol.11 Pg.39)

Imam Ahmad and Imam Ishaq and other scholars (Rahmatullahi Alaihim) says that Hijamah makes the fasting invalid. (Ma'alimus Sunan Lil Khattabi Vol.3 Pg.242)

Evidence:

Rafi' Ibn Khadij (RadhiyAllahu Anhu) narrates that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said,"The cupper and the cupped have broken the fast." (Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud)

Imam Tahawi (Ramatullahi Alaih) says the meaning to this Hadith; "The cupper and the cupped have broken the fast" refers to the loss of reward due to Ghibah (Backbiting) and not cupping. Imam Tahawi mentions a Hadith which is narrated by Abu Al Ash'ath As San'ani (RadhiyAllahu Anhu) that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said,"The cupper and the cupped have broken the fast, because they have backbited." (Tahawi Vol.1 Pg.295, 296)

Imam Shafi' and others say that this Hadith has been abrogated by the Hadith of Ibn Abbas (RadhiyAllahu Anhu), which confirmed that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was cupped while fasting. (Kitabul Umm Vol.2 Pg.108)

Therefore, taking a blood test or applying injection does not affect the validity of fasting.

(See: Darse Tirmidhi Vol.2 Pg.608-612 and 622)

And Only Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.

--------------------------------------
Moulana Qamruz


www.muftisays.com/qa/question/2504/shafiee-madhab.html




when some one is to be cupped,they must be in a state of fasting until the cupping is done.he or she must be fasting from the time they wake up for fajr and only when the cupping is done,one can break the fast.this is our method and preference .
Jazakullah
tn.jpg
Downloads: 152
    [66.09 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
nyc
484
Brother
382
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2012 15:12
Taalibah wrote:
abu mohammed wrote:


I did have a question for you, and that is, "What size should the cups be, as they come in a variety of sizes. If you could give me the dimensions, that would be helpful."?




salams brother.i prefer and highly recommend air cups.air cups are bulb like glass cups with a little long neck.plastic cups maybe used as well. What ever works better for the professionals inshallah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
nyc
484
Brother
382
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2012 15:15


Plastic cups maybe used. I prefer air cups over plastic cups. We leave it to the professionals to decide which one they like best
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
nyc
484
Brother
382
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2012 15:38
abu mohammed wrote:
Jazakallahu Khair, some very interesting points.

I hope you understand that I am not a practitioner, I am a simply person and engineer by field.

The inofo I have provided is so others can benefit from it. My wife had done the course and performed Hijama on me, not the other way round.

With regards to the chart, then I believe it is for dry cupping as used by the chinese.


Respected brother, you say that Hijama should only be performed after a certain age for women, and it kind of makes sense, but the way the courses are being taught here, to and for the sisters, it does not seem to be like that, in fact, they perform cupping very often as they see and feel the benefits of it.


I did have a question for you, and that is, "What size should the cups be, as they come in a variety of sizes. If you could give me the dimensions, that would be helpful."?


salamualaikum my dear brother.i myself get cupped every six months. If the brothers and sister feel that there is a need then they should get cupped inshallah. As for the ages for cupping, I prefer any where past 21 years of age for men or women. That is my preference and through experience feel that this is benificial . Muslims should not impose frequent hijamah or insist that it been done often. that is up to the person to decide inshallah.This is my preference
brother brooklynyte
cupping.jpg
Downloads: 137
    [3.91 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
26,349
Brother
9,576
abu mohammed's avatar
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2012 15:52
Jazakallahu khair Akhi, very interesting points.

I must say, I once went to see a great Mufti who was very ill, I asked him about getting cupping done. He told me that he knows what I dont, especially regarding the Hadith in this subject. There is so much out there that we need to understand before we do anything or say anything. This scholar is a historian and he had the ability to tell around what time the Hadith were narrated giving, him a huge advantage over many of us.

People knowadays pick up a Hadith book and follow what they read without understanding the implications, timing, reasons etc of those Hadith, which Hadith abrogated the other etc.

Unfortunately we live in a time when Arabic seems to be a certificate for becoming a scholar. (Mujtahid to be more accurate) Just because some have gone out to learn Arabic, doesnt mean they can pass judgement on any verse or Hadith like they are doing today.

May Allah give us understanding.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
back to top
Rank Image
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
nyc
484
Brother
382
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2012 01:56
salaamualaikum.
can any one tell me if cupping is legal to perform in the uk?
jazakullahkhyran
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
nyc
484
Brother
382
brooklynyte4ever's avatar
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2012 01:56
salaamualaikum.
can any one tell me if cupping is legal to perform in the uk?
jazakullahkhyran
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top

Jump to page: