» No
17%
2 members | 0 guests
» You must be out of your mind, no way!
0%
0 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sultan khan, brooklynyte4ever, ahealth, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, queenie, abu mohammed, healer, xs11ax, TalibatunNoor, Acacia, Taalibah, HijamaClnic, sharjan8643
19 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#181 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 05:53
Good tips to ensure maximum benefit of hijamah.

1) be well hydrated the night before cupping is done.
2) be well rested before cupping.
3) take a shower before having the cupping done.
4) start fasting from midnight until after fajr. The best time to be cupped is after fajr then when completed one can break his/her fast.
5) best days to be cupped are the 17 to 29 of every Islamic month. These are ideal but can also be done on other days as long as they are done on a Monday,Tuesday and Thursday. The other days of the week are to be avoided.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#182 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 08:26
brooklynyte4ever wrote:
View original post

salaam

its not easy finding a good hijamah practitioner. costly as well.

the person i go to is a good brother, but i dont think he has enough experience regarding the optimum cupping points for specific problems and seems to work on trial and error.

in your experience, has he targeted the correct points for my injury?
according to the charts in this thread, the cupping points for the arm are at both ends and in the middle of the elbow. should he have used these points?

jazakallah khair.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#183 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 09:48
MashaAllah, brother you seem to be very well equipped and very good in your field.

I haven't seen so much bad blood come out in other videos before. Could it be that you are in America and the food you guys eat up there has a major impact on your blood.

I don't mean it in a bad way, just that my American family members are unusually big in comparison to their relatives outside of America.

Is the food in America all genetically modified to give you a more bigger chunk of steak and bigger vegetables etc? Surely this sort of thing must have some effect.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#184 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 10:11
A non-Muslim Chinese colleague of mine at work does acupuncture and dry cupping very often.

I once had a very badly pulled muscle in my upper back, so he recommended acupuncture and insisted that it would work well.

I'd never had it done before so I was a bit nervous, nevertheless, I did give it a go.

The area I had the pain in was visible and red, so he knew exactly where to put the needles in.

At first it was painless, but then he started to twist the needles to go in deeper. That's when it HURT! It was so painful I was screaming and pleading with him to stop. I couldn't even move, my whole upper body froze and my arms were dead.

Then all of a sudden I broke out in some serious sweat in a cool room. I was feeling very dizzy. When he saw this, he panicked and took all the needles out. He said he had hit the nerve that was trapped and was releasing the pressure. He also said it had hurt because he got the right place (since it was visibly red).

I was left there for about 10 minutes to cool down and relax.

Never again, InshaAllah.

I went home feeling even more pain then got told by my wife that I should've just had cupping done.

So anyway, she cupped me in several places and was amazed at the amount of redness on my back, because I've had cupping done before but it never really got very red very quick. This time it got red instantly.

Khair Alhumdulillah, I felt much more relaxed and comfortable after the cupping and it sorted out my muscles.

But there wasn't much bad blood as there was in your videos. I've only ever had a few blobs taken out as seen in the older posts.

IMAG0045_1.jpg
Downloads: 324
    [58.14 kB]
IMAG0049.jpg
Downloads: 320
    [879.99 kB] needles
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#185 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 10:21
Sorry, cant put more than one image on the same post with a reduced size.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#186 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 10:23
And here's the cupping using plastic cups on the same spot as the needles a few hours later.

IMAG0052_1.jpg
Downloads: 426
    [221.20 kB] wet cupping
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#187 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 10:28
Enough of me, back to the main point

xs11ax wrote:
in your experience, has he targeted the correct points for my injury?
according to the charts in this thread, the cupping points for the arm are at both ends and in the middle of the elbow. should he have used these points?

jazakallah khair.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#188 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 12:23
just come back from GP. he reckons its tennis elbow.

he has advised that there is the option of a steroid injection if i want to go down that route.

i am going to carry on with the cupping for a month and see what happens.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#189 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 15:38

Hazrat 'Uthman bin Abul-'As (RA) narrates: "The Messenger of Allah the Almighty (SAW) visited me while i was in pain. The pain was so intense that i kept thinking to myself, i will die now. The Holy Prophet (SAW) said, 'Massage the area with your right hand 7 times saying:

A'udhu bi'izzatillahi wa qudratihi wa sultanihi min sharri ma ajidu.'

أعوذ بعزة الله وقدرته وسلطانه من شر ما أجد

Hazrat Uthman (RA) narrates: "I did exactly that and Allah the Almighty removed my pain. After that I always told my family and acquaintances of this practise."

This is an authentic Hadith.
(Tirmdhi, vol 2, p29)

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#190 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 16:14
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Salaams brother

Have the brother cup you between the shoulder blades as how I did it in the video and see if there is a difference. Let him massage your back slighlty when extracting the blood just as i do it in the video.I've seen from experience that my method did a great deal of good to help people with back pain and pain/ circulation problems. Back pain was gone, arm , shoulder and neck pain was gone.circulation in the feet of diabetics improved tremendously. I tried the plastic cup system first when I started out but when I learned to use the glass air cups and seen the big difference, I stopped using the plastic cup to extract blood.
+1 -0
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#191 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 16:16
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Ameen.

At all costs please don't take any streroids.inshallah you will do fine with the cupping.
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#192 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 16:18
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Mashallah glad you did it. I guess that's it for chineese medicine for now.
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#193 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 16:31
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I can only guess assume that it's probably the food and the lifestyle here. Americans are eating gmo and nutritionally devalued food stuff.There's plenty of organic produce and products but I wonder how true it is because its getting commercialized so much. There's much obesity in all ages in the USA .its common to see people with big stomachs.people don't exercise enough because of the hectic lifestyle. I wonder if its like that in the uk? I guess all that thick blood that you all see in videos is all that cholesterol build up inside that's slowing every one down.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#194 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 21:14
brooklynyte4ever wrote:
View original post

salaam

he also applied 2 cups between the shoulder blades. it did help a lot, but i feel the pain creeping back. maybe i am being too impatient and need to have a few more courses over a few months.

i was hoping to train MMA after ramadhan hence my impatience for the elbow to get better.
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#195 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2013 22:56
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Just be patient and wait til you get better after ramadan. The method and techniques of hijamah is very important to stick to in order to see a change in ones health. If you can find some one who does it like me, using the same tools and methods, give it a try. If not, then your welcomed to come over by me if you are in NYC visiting. Inshallah .
No post ratings

Jump to page: