» No
17%
2 members | 0 guests
» You must be out of your mind, no way!
0%
0 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sultan khan, brooklynyte4ever, ahealth, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, queenie, abu mohammed, healer, xs11ax, TalibatunNoor, Acacia, Taalibah, HijamaClnic, sharjan8643
19 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#196 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2013 09:28

Its not easy for Muslims to enter The States, so if your'e ever down here in the UK, let us know. InshaAllah we can setup a MuftiSays Cuppng session! Just DONT carry your tools in the Hand Baggage!

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#197 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2013 11:24
brooklynyte4ever wrote:
View original post

salaam

jazakallaj khair brother for the offer, but i highly doubt i will be coming to america any time soon.
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#198 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2013 20:48
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Jazakullah brother.

I don't see myself visiting the uk any time soon but if I do I will inform you inshallah .shukran for the offer.
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#199 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2013 20:48
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Jazakullah brother.

I don't see myself visiting the uk any time soon but if I do I will inform you inshallah .shukran for the offer.
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#200 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2013 20:48
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Jazakullah brother.

No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#201 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2013 20:49
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Not a problem brother
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#202 [Permalink] Posted on 26th July 2013 16:24
@brooklynyte4ever

I have a few questions and would appreciate it if you could assist me.

InshaAllah, I will be attempting to perform wet cupping on my wife as soon I get hold of some glass cups. I intend to do it the traditional way of using the flame.

Questions:
What is the name of the spray you use and is it easily available?
Is there an alternative I can use if I cant get the spray?
I normally use olive and wipe the skin with that first, is this wise when using fire?
Do I need to do any massage before hand or only that which you did when the cups were on?
I will be using the surgical blades, is that ok? I don't have the other thing!
How long should I leave each cup on for?
Can I perform it whilst she is fasting (if I manage to do it in Ramadhan)?
We only have 4 hours between Iftar and Suhoor, so the stomach may be semi full, would you advise to do it during then?
Are the cups reusable after sterilisation?

Jazakallahu khair for your input and apologies for the number of questions.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#203 [Permalink] Posted on 26th July 2013 16:50
As you may have read earlier in the thread, I have done it many times before so I'm not worried about performing it. Just that I've only used the plastic suction cups.
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#204 [Permalink] Posted on 27th July 2013 07:44
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Salaamualaikum brother

My pleasure to assist you. First thing if your gonna cup your spouse then wait after ramadan is over because the smoke from burning the paper will break the fast.so wait until after ramadan is over.the spray that I use is just betadine or iodine in a spray bottle which is easier to apply. You should be able to find that in a pharmacy and gauze pads as well.Use it before cuping the area and afterwards just before applying the gauze pads with surgical tape. Buy a candle, box of tissue paper and latex gloves.The blades that you use are fine.each set of cups should be left on for 2-3 minutes then repeated 2 or 3 sets wether it is dry or wet cups. odd numbers if preferred.Also good luck if you can find the glass air cups. They are very hard to find. I got some from Syria before all that trouble started over there. I searched the whole web for those cups and couldn't find them. If you can't find them, then just use glass cups that are close to its design a specs. Glass cups can always be used again and again as long as they are washed and sterilized properly. Not a problem.massage the area around the back when extracting the blood in a way that moves the the blood that is under the skin towards the cups to allow the flow to fall into the cups.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#205 [Permalink] Posted on 27th July 2013 14:18
MashaAllah, may Allah reward you for your help.

This is great stuff. I didn't know the smoke would break the fast, quite interesting.

I have Chinese friends who will try and get me the cups from China on order, but I guess I will have to wait and see.

What is the major difference between plastic cups and glass cups? I understand that the glass cups creates the same amount of suction each time and the plastic ones vary and sometimes the suction can be too much, is that the only difference?

Once again, Jazakallahu Khair.
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#206 [Permalink] Posted on 27th July 2013 20:45
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Salaams

Anytime brother.

I learnt that the smoke from burning paper cones in the glass cups promotes osmosis which help pull the dirty elements in the blood closer to the surface.the heat also helps tenderize and numb the skin to promote more blood flow. The numbness helps the patient feel less pain from the scratching of the blade. So basically we have three good effects from using the glass cups and the burning of paper cones. Very simple stuff but very important. I think that the plastic cups lack the heat and effects of osmosis plus they are not meant to be reused for blood extraction like glass cups. glass is a miracle inregards to sanitizing and reusing. very easy to clean.cant say the same for plastic.Make sure that your friends don't mistaken the air cups for Chinese fire cups. Chinese cups are glass too but they are just too big and heavy. Let me know how it works out inshallah .
+2 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#207 [Permalink] Posted on 28th July 2013 16:05
Very informative MashaAllah.

Still one question outstanding!

Why or how does smoke break the fast?
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#208 [Permalink] Posted on 28th July 2013 19:21
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Salams brother

I asked the majlis this question and this is what they told me:

""Inhaling the smoke will break the fast. Hijaamah itself does not break the fast.""

So say for example that me and you are both fasting and I perform hijamah on you, we both break our fast if paper cones are burned and inhaled. I know from basic fiqh of fasting that smoke doesn't break the fast if its inhaled unintentionally and out of ones own control. We can say for sure that hijamah is within our control when and what time it could be done inshallah.so the safest option is to avoid hijamah that involves burning paper cones while one is fasting.
And Allah knows best.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#209 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2013 10:55
salaam

each time my wife has wet cupping done she gets back pains. yesterday she had cupping performed on her foot - 2 cups, and now she is complaining of pain going up her leg and on her back. the last time she had this problem she claims that another session of cupping (on her back - sunnah points) sorted the problem out.

has anyone experienced this or knows what is causing the back pain?
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#210 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2013 15:23
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Salaamualaikum wrwb brother

I never had that problem when cupping my wife. it's first important to know which days and time it was done on her. Also , was she fasting and how many times was it performed on her?

No post ratings

Jump to page: