» No
17%
2 members | 0 guests
» You must be out of your mind, no way!
0%
0 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sultan khan, brooklynyte4ever, ahealth, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, queenie, abu mohammed, healer, xs11ax, TalibatunNoor, Acacia, Taalibah, HijamaClnic, sharjan8643
19 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#151 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2013 18:31
Salamualaikum Abu m & every one else on this forum.

Recently I had to reassess and modify my views on how hijamah is performed after contacting and corresponding with the majlis.therefore please disregard some of the information that I have been
Propagating in the past in regards to hijamah issues. Inshallah I will explain later in further detail in order to correct
Some misconceptions that I thought were true. My apologies to every one for any mistakes on my part which I hope to correct and clarify.
Jazakullah
Wassalaams
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#152 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2013 18:34
Salamualaikum Abu m & every one else on this forum.

Recently I had to reassess and modify my views on how hijamah is performed after contacting and corresponding with the majlis.therefore please disregard some of the information that I have been
Propagating in the past in regards to hijamah issues. Inshallah I will explain later in further detail in order to correct
Some misconceptions that I thought were true. My apologies to every one for any mistakes on my part which I hope to correct and clarify.
Jazakullah
Wassalaams
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#153 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2013 19:40
Jazakallah, can you please edit those errors in due time and also let us know. InshaAllah after the edits, we shall authorize it accordingly.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#154 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2013 00:57
salaam

post the edits in a new post as well so it doesnt get missed.

jazakallah khair.
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#155 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2013 01:13
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Inshallah will do brother.
Jazakullah
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#156 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2013 01:14
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Inshallah will do brother
Jazakullah
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#157 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2013 15:40
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I would advise you to remove the book from your library so as not to give the readers the impression that Amin sheikho's views are all ok with muftisays. Just to be safe then sorry. I will try to find out more about his views inshallah .
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#158 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2013 15:50

Jazakallah, please update your new findings.

I have updated your edited posts, which for the benefit of the readers, was the removal of the mention of Amin Sheiko.

No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#159 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2013 20:36
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I will inshallah . Jazakullah
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#160 [Permalink] Posted on 12th July 2013 22:14
Salaamualaikum warahmattullah

Here is an article on hijamah from the majlis that I've wanted to post. Long over due but here it is. Inshallah I hope that its benificial to every one.

What Is Cupping

Cupping al-Hijamah is a method of treating in which a jar is attached to the skin surface to course a local congestion through the negative pressure created by introducing heat in the form of ignited material. This type of treatment has been practise by the Arabs and the Chinese for thousand of years

In Malay, this practice is known as 'Bekam' and in Arabic 'Al-Hijamah' This therapy has been popularised by our Prophet Mohammad SAW (570 - 635 A D) as stated in many hadith.

The Cupping Method or Hijamah has the function of warming and promoting the flow of energy in the blood thus dispelling cold, dampness, toxic and winds. It is also diminishing swelling and pains.

Cupping / Hijamah responded very well with the following problems:-

Diseases caused by dampness, such as low back pain, lumbago, sciatica, pain in arms and shoulders, pain in the legs, pain in the muscular part of the body, stomachache, migraine, vomiting, sprains, insomnia, etc
Cupping Is The Best Of Remedies
Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) said, "Indeed the best of remedies you have is cupping..." [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5371)].
Abu Hurairah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) said, "If there was something excellent to be used as a remedy then it is cupping." [Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawud (3857), Saheeh Sunan ibn Maajah (3476)].
The Angels Recommending Cupping
Abdullah ibn Abbas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) said, "I did not pass by an angel from the angels on the night journey except that they all said to me: upon you is cupping, O Muhammad." [Saheeh Sunan ibn Maajah (3477)].
In the narration reported by Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (may Allaah be pleased with him) the angels said, "Oh Muhammad, order your Ummah (nation) with cupping." [Saheeh Sunan Tirmidhee (3479)].
In Cupping There Is A Cure
Abdullah ibn Abbas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) said, "Healing is in three things: in the incision of the cupper, in drinking honey, and in cauterizing with fire, but I forbid my Ummah (nation) from cauterization (branding with fire)." [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5681), Saheeh Sunan ibn Maajah (3491)].
Jaabir ibn Abdullah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, "Indeed in cupping there is a cure." [Saheeh Muslim (5706)].
Cupping In Its Time Is A Cure For Every Disease
Abu Hurairah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) said, "Whoever performs cupping on the 17th, 19th or 21st day (of the Islamic month) then it is a cure for every disease." [Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawud (3861)].
Cupping Can Be Used For:
Headaches: Salma (may Allaah be pleased with him), the servant of the Messenger of Allaah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) said, "Whenever someone would complain of a headache to the Messenger of Allaah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam), he (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) would advise them to perform cupping." [Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawud (3858)].
Magic: Ibn al-Qaiyum (may Allaah have mercy on him) mentions that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) cupped his head when he was afflicted with magic and that it is from the best of cures for this if done correctly. [Zaad al Ma'aad (4/125-126)].
Poison: Abdullah ibn Abbas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that a Jewish woman gave poisoned meat to the Messenger of Allaah ( Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) so he (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) sent her a message saying, "what caused you to do that?" She replied, "If you really are a Prophet then Allaah will inform you of it and if you are not then I would save the people from you!" When the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) felt pain from it, he (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) performed cupping. Once he travelled while in Ihram and felt that pain and hence performed cupping. [Ahmed (1/305) the hadeeth is hasan (good chain with all the paths)].
Strengthening One's Intelligence And Memory: Ibn Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) said, "Cupping on an empty stomach is best. In it is a cure and a blessing. It improves the intellect and the memory. So cup yourselves with the blessing of Allaah on Thursday. Keep away from cupping on Wednesday, and Friday, Saturday and Sunday to be safe. Perform cupping on Monday and Tuesday for it is the day that Allaah saved Ayoub from the trial. He was inflicted with the trial on Wednesday. You will not find leprosy except (by being cupped) on Wednesday or Wednesday night." [Saheeh Sunan Ibn Majah (3487)].
The Best Days For Cupping
The 17th, 19th and 21st of the Islamic month which coincides with Monday, Tuesday or Thursday. Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, "Whoever wants to perform cupping then let him look for 17th, 19th and 21st..." [Saheeh Sunan Ibn Majah (3486)].
Ibn Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) said, "Cupping on an empty stomach is best. It increases the intellect and improves the memory. It improves the memory of the one memorising. So whoever is going to be cupped then on a Thursday in the name of Allaah. Keep away from being cupped on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Be cupped on a Monday or Tuesday. Do not be cupped on a Wednesday because it is the day that Ayoub was befallen with the trial. You will not find leprosy except (by being cupped) on Wednesday or Wednesday night." [Saheeh Sunan ibn Maajah (3488)].
As for the Islamic day and night, the night enters before the day. So at sunset on Tuesday, Wednesday night comes in. Cupping is best performed during the day time between sunrise and sunset. If one is not able to be cupped on 17th, 19th or 21st (coinciding with Monday, Tuesday or Thursday) then any Monday, Tuesday or Thursday of the month.
Cupping While fasting Or In The State Of Ihram
Abdullah ibn Abbas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) was cupped on his head for a unilateral headache while he was in Ihraam. [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5701)].
Abdullah ibn Abbas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) was cupped while he was fasting. [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5694)].
Areas of Cupping
Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) was treated with cupping three times on the two veins at the side of the neck and the base of the neck. [Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawud (3860), Ibn Maajah (3483)].
Abdullah ibn Abbas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) was cupped on his head. [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5699)].
Abdullah ibn 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam ) used to cup his head and would call it (the place at the top of the head) "Umm Mugheeth." [Saheehah (753), Saheeh al-Jaami' (4804)].
Jaabir ibn Abdullah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) was treated with cupping on his hip for a pain in that area. [Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawud (3863)].
Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) was treated with cupping when he was in Ihram, on the top of his foot, for a pain in that area. [Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawud (1836)].
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, "Cupping under the chin is beneficial for pain in the teeth, face and throat, if it is done in its proper time. It purifies the head and the jaws.
Cupping on the top of the foot is a substitution for the puncturing of the Saphena, which is a large vein in the heel. It is beneficial for treating ulcers that occur on the thighs and calves, the interruption of menses and skin irritation on the testicles.
Cupping at the bottom of the chest is beneficial for the treatment of sores, scabies and mange on the thighs. It helps against gout, hemorrhoids, elephantiasis and itchiness on the back." [Zaad al-Ma'aad, 4/58].
Cupping For Women
Jaabir ibn Abdullah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported Umm Salama (may Allah be pleased with her) asked permission from the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) to do cupping. So the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) ordered Abu Teeba (may Allaah be pleased with him) to cup her. Jaabir ibn Abdullah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, " I think he(Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said that Abu Teeba (may Allaah be pleased with him) is her brother through breastfeeding or a young boy who didn't reach puberty". [Saheeh Muslim (5708), Abu Dawud (4102), Saheeh ibn Maajah (3480)].

(1) Performing cupping (Hijaamah) on just any day is fraught with grave danger to the body as mentioned in the Ahadith. Hijaamah should not be done on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Hijaamah should also not be practised while the hilaal (crescent moon) is waxing. It should be done once the moon starts waning, i.e. from 15th of the lunar month. It is also preferable that it should not be a cloudy day.
The recommended days are Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. The best day is a Tuesday which coincides with the 17th of the lunar month.
While it is discouraged to perform it on the other days, it is not haraam. Nevertheless, the Hadith warns of dire consequences - diseases - if done on the other days. Disease developing is possible if done on other days. It is therefore inadvisable to act in conflict with the advice of the Hadith.

(2) Hijaamah is not discouraged for general health reasons. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) would practice it for general health.

(3) There is no recommended frequency for practising hijaamah.

(4) It is permissible to charge a fixed fee. The earning is lawful and may be used for one's personal needs.

(5) While it will not be sinful to perform it on the days the Hadith discourages, it is fraught with grave health consequences, hence, it should be done only on the recommended days regardless of time constraints.

(6) Whether hijaamah is performed alone or in conjunction with other forms of treatment, it is permissible to charge a fixed fee and the money is lawful for one's personal needs.

(7) It is not advisable to have hijaamah treatment by one who lacks experience in this field. A mere seminar or online course does not qualify one to practice.

(8) A male may treat a female patient only if there is a real need and a female practitioner is not available. A male mahram has to be present if the patient is a female. There is no specific distance-range. Circumstances and the conditions of the patients will have to be considered.

(9) If there are trained/experienced females present who are capable of performing hijaamah, then it will not be permissible for a female to be treated by a male irrespective of the female physician not being 'medically-trained. The fact that the female is trained qualifies her even if she is not 'medically-trained' in terms of the western medical establishment rules.

(10) Yes, it will be permissible. But a male mahram must be in attendance.

(11) While hijaamah during fasting is discouraged, it is permissible. The Hadith in which prohibition during fasting is mentioned is Mansookh (abrogated) by the later practice and permissibility.

(12) The Hadith has literal application. However, certain factors could necessitate abstention. Should in specific instances it be understood that hijaamah would be harmful, then it will be necessary to abstain. For example, the Qur'aan Majeed explicitly states that there is cure in honey. However, honey can harm people with certain types of sickness. Hence, it will be valid and necessary to abstain for this reason.

(13) Hijaamah refers to only wet-cupping. If there are benefits in the other forms, these too will be permissible.

(14) Hijaamah was done on several parts of the body: The centre of the head, the nape, both sides of the neck, the foot, and on the upper part of the back. After Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) had consumed the poisoned food, Hadhrat Jibraeel (alayhis salaam) told him to have hijaamah done to the head. Similarly, it was done under his left shoulder also as a treatment for the poisoning.
Hijaamah was done to both thighs as a cure for back pains, and on the knee for knee pains. Hijaamah was done to Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) on the top of his foot because of a sore on the foot.
This is an area which should be studied under the guidance of an expert in the field.

(15) Hijaamah was done to Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) for the food-poisoning, sore on the foot, back pains, knee pains
Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) used to have hijaamah done for general health reasons without him having had any specific sickness.

(16) Hijaamah is strongly recommended. There is much emphasis on it. In one Hadith it is mentioned that on the Night of Mi'raaj, the Angels in the heaven said to Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) to order his Ummah to practise hijaamah.
Only those who are qualified in this field are permitted to practise it. It is not permissible for quacks to practise in any field of medicine.

Furthermore, according to the instruction of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), the extracted blood should be buried, not thrown down the drain. It should be buried in such a place where dogs will not dig it up. The blood of two persons should also not be mixed.

Was-salaam

A.S. Desai

For Mujlisul Ulama of S.A.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#161 [Permalink] Posted on 12th July 2013 22:37
salaam

i have a session booked for tomorrow.

probably do the sunnah points on my back and also on my elbow and knee where i have sustained some injury.

make dua it goes well and the injuries heal.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#162 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2013 01:09
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Ramadan Mubarak and walaikumsalam

May allah give you full recovery my brother. Please let me know if you feel any good results after doing it. I'm always eager to know .
Wassalams
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#163 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2013 07:02
Salams
This is another video clip that I did not long ago.in case if any one missed it before, here it is. A different hijamah patient of mine.

youtu.be/fsDtIVKMyBE
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#164 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2013 17:32
salaam

just got back.

1 cup on top of head.
2 on back.
2 on left elbow where i had the recent injury.
2 on right knee.

alhamdolillah the elbow started feeling a lot better straight away.

quite a lot of bad blood came out from the injury points.
+1 -0
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#165 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2013 18:28
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Mashallah good.
Did they scratch you with a blade or a lancet?!
No post ratings

Jump to page: