Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sweetmuslimahk1, Seifeddine-M, abu mohammed
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 18:30

This thread could be dedicated to the Satanic Whispers and how they can be dealt with.

Short stories (I mean Short), Dua's etc will be great.

Also something I found fascinating are the names of these enemies. If we know the name of the enemy, we can fight it better. CLICK THE ABOVE TO SEE SATANIC WHISPERS

As humans we are all victims of the satanic onslaught of evil and insidious thoughts. Only the Prophets عليهم السلام have been granted immunity and protection from shaytan’s whispers. Such thoughts can range from satanic whispers during our salaah, to questions regarding predestination. The aim of these satanic whispers needs to be understood. Their purpose is to deter one from the remembrance and worship of Allah سبحانه و تعالى .

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 18:34
`Umar (radyAllahu`anhu) said, "The progeny of Satan are nine - Zaltun,
Wathin, Laqus, A`wan, Haffaf, Murra, al-Musawwit, Dasim and Walhan
Zaltun commands the markets and he unfurls his banner therein;
Wathan commands catastrophes;
A`wan commands rulers;
Haffaf commands intoxicants;
Murra commands licentious music;
Laqus commands the Magians;
Al-Musawwit commands false news which he puts in the mouths of people while they know
not its origin;
Dasim commands houses; if a man were to enter his house without greeting his wife and family with salam and mentioning the name of Allah the Exalted, Dasim will cause a dispute between husband and wife such that it leads to divorce, separation, or violence;
as for Walhan, he whispers in people's ears during ablution, prayer, and other acts of worship."

Ref; Ibn Hajar al Asqalani - Preparing for the Day of Judgement
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 18:37
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 18:41
Do not to pay any attention to these whispers, and ignore them, and do the opposite of what they are calling you to do. For these whispers (waswaas) come from the Shaytaan to cause grief to those who believe.

The best way to deal with them is to remember Allah a great deal (dhikr), to seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan [by saying: a`udhu billahi mina ash-shaytani ar-rajim; (I seek refuge and protection in Allah from Satan, the accursed).], to keep away from sins and wrong actions which are the means by which Iblees gains control over the sons of Adam. Allah says:

"Verily, he [the Shaytaan] has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord (Allaah)"

[al-Nahl 16:99]

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 18:45
"Surely, Shaytaan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy"

[Faatir 35:6]

According to another hadeeth, the one who suffers from waswasah should say, "Aamantu Billaahi wa bi rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and in His Messengers)." Undoubtedly, whoever thinks of the paths of the Messengers of Allaah, especially our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will find that his path and his law is easy and clear, with no hardship in it.

"... and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship"

[al-Hajj 22:78]

Whoever ponders this and believes in it sincerely, the problem of waswasah and listening to the Shaytaan will go away. In the book of Ibn al-Sunni it is narrated via 'Aa'ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), "Whoever suffers from this waswaas, let him say 'Aamantu Billaahi wa bi rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and in His Messengers)', three times, and it will go away from him."
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 18:49
In Sahhih Muslim, hadeeth no. 2203, it is narrated that 'Uthmaan ibn Abi'l-'Aas said: "The Shaytaan was interfering with my prayer and recitation of Qur'aan. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: 'That is a devil called Khanzab, so seek refuge with Allah from him and spit drily to your left three times.' I did that, and Allah took him away from me."

Although in the talk by Shaykh Riyadhul Haq, it is mentioned that the spitting should be done before and after the Salah in the Hanafi fiqh.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 18:51
Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said that one of the scholars thought it was mustahabb for the one who was affected by waswasah with regard to his wudoo or prayer to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, for when the Shaytaan hears dhikr (remembrance of Allaah) he slinks away, and Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah is the best of dhikr, and the most effective remedy for warding off waswasah is to remember Allaah a great deal.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 18:53
The Prophet said : The devil keeps sitting in different paths for man. He sits in the path of Islam and says: Will you accept Islam after giving up your religion and the religion of your ancestors ? When he disobeys him and accepts Islam, he sits for him-in the path of emigration and says : Will you leave your country after leaving your native land and your properties. When he disobeys him and makes arguments, he sits in the path of Jihad and says : Will you fight ruining yourself and your properties ? He disobeys him and
fights.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 19:02
This is Surah Naas, Recite it regularly for the protection of Satanic Whispers.

A very long time ago, I was taught by Mufti Saeed Palanpuri (via a talk) to recite surah Falaq and surah Naas in the 2 sunnah of Maghrib. (Changing the surahs regularly, as you cant pray the same surahs all the time) This will help keep the Shaitan away InshaAllah.

1. Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of men,
2. The King of men,
3. The god of men,
4. From the evil of the whisperings of the slinking (Shaitan),
5. Who whispers into the hearts of men,
6. From among the jinn and the men.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 19:26
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 20:00
abu mohammed wrote:
Do not to pay any attention to these whispers, and ignore them, and do the opposite of what they are calling you to do. For these whispers (waswaas) come from the Shaytaan to cause grief to those who believe.

The best way to deal with them is to remember Allah a great deal (dhikr), to seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan [by saying: a`udhu billahi mina ash-shaytani ar-rajim; (I seek refuge and protection in Allah from Satan, the accursed).], to keep away from sins and wrong actions which are the means by which Iblees gains control over the sons of Adam. Allah says:

"Verily, he [the Shaytaan] has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord (Allaah)"

[al-Nahl 16:99]

They are like guests. If one made a guest feel welcome, the guest is inclined to visit again and the more welcome he is made to feel the more he will be inclined to visit. However when a guest is made to feel unwelcome he may visit once or twice and then at the continuous cool reception no self respecting person will visit again.

Similarly thoughts/wasaawis will continue to come if attention is paid to them. If ignored they may persist for a while but eventually they will cease Insha Allah.

This is from the teachings of Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat (hafizahullah)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 20:04
The Shaytaan who whispers in wudhu is called Walaahan. He creates doubts regarding tahaarat (purity) and these doubts should be ignored.

from the lecture of Shaykh Riyaadhul Haqq
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 21:03

You are constantly at war oh Muslim! You may just not realize the reality of “who” is after you. Imam Muslim narrates in his Sahih the following tradition:

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ خَلَفٍ الْبَاهِلِيُّ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْأَعْلَى عَنْ سَعِيدٍ الْجُرَيْرِيِّ عَنْ أَبِي الْعَلَاءِ أَنَّ عُثْمَانَ بْنَ أَبِي الْعَاصِ أَتَى النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَقَالَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ إِنَّ الشَّيْطَانَ قَدْ حَالَ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَ صَلَاتِي وَقِرَاءَتِي يَلْبِسُهَا عَلَيَّ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ذَاكَ شَيْطَانٌ يُقَالُ لَهُ خَنْزَبٌ فَإِذَا أَحْسَسْتَهُ فَتَعَوَّذْ بِاللَّهِ مِنْهُ وَاتْفِلْ عَلَى يَسَارِكَ ثَلَاثًا قَالَ فَفَعَلْتُ ذَلِكَ فَأَذْهَبَهُ اللَّهُ عَنِّي حَدَّثَنَاه مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى حَدَّثَنَا سَالِمُ بْنُ نُوحٍ ح و حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو أُسَامَةَ كِلَاهُمَا عَنْ الْجُرَيْرِيِّ عَنْ أَبِي الْعَلَاءِ عَنْ عُثْمَانَ بْنِ أَبِي الْعَاصِ أَنَّهُ أَتَى النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَذَكَرَ بِمِثْلِهِ وَلَمْ يَذْكُرْ فِي حَدِيثِ سَالِمِ بْنِ نُوحٍ ثَلَاثًا و حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ رَافِعٍ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّزَّاقِ أَخْبَرَنَا سُفْيَانُ عَنْ سَعِيدٍ الْجُرَيْرِيِّ حَدَّثَنَا يَزِيدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الشِّخِّيرِ عَنْ عُثْمَانَ بْنِ أَبِي الْعَاصِ الثَّقَفِيِّ قَالَ قُلْتُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ثُمَّ ذَكَرَ بِمِثْلِ حَدِيثِهِمْ

Translated as:

“Oh Rasūlullah! The Shaytān comes between me and my prayers and my recitation, confusing me therein.” Rasūlullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “That is a shaytān that is called khanzab. If he affects you, seek refuge in Allah from him and spit drily to your left three times.” The companion said, I did that and Allāh took him away from me.

(Narrated by Muslim, 4083)

Imām An-Nawawī states in his explanation, “And this hadīth proves that it is recommended to seek refuge from Shaytān then to dryly spit to the left when one is inner whisperings.”

This is a Jihad for which our beloved Sayyid An Nabi Muhammad gave us weapons for. If done sincerly, these steps will defeat Allah ’s enemy and your enemy, Khanzab.

Qadī ‘Iyād stated that it is spelled Khunzab with a Damma and this was forwarded by Ibn Al-Athīr in his An-Nihāyah although An-Nawawī stated that such spelling is “gharīb/strange” See Sharh Sahīh Muslim. Some even spell it or say it as khinzab.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:23
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2010 08:49
Regarding waswas (whispers), the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) taught us two important things:

1) To turn to Allaah and seek His protection, and to beseech Him, for He is the most Generous:

"And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaytaan (Satan), then seek refuge with Allaah"
[al-A'raaf 7:200]

2) To put a stop to this matter and turn away from it, and to keep ourselves busy with other, useful things.

The Companions (radiallahu anhum) of the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) came to him complaining about the doubts and waswaas that they were suffering. In Saheeh Muslim it is narrated that Abu Hurayrah (radiallahu anh) said: "Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) came to him and said, 'We find in our hearts things that none of us dares utter.' He said, 'Do you really find that?' They said, 'Yes.' He said, 'That is clear faith.'" (2/153).

What is meant by his saying 'That is clear faith' is that their hatred of that waswasah and their rejecting it was a clear sign of faith.

The Shaytaan only whispers to people of faith; as for the kaafir he comes to him however he wants and does not limit himself to waswaas, rather he toys with him however he wishes.

The belief concerning which there can be no doubt is that the entire universe, from its heights to its depths, is in a state of submission to Allaah and no one in the universe possesses any power. Allaah says:

"Say: (O Muhammad to polytheists, pagans) Call upon those whom you assert (to be associate gods) besides Allaah, they possess not even an atom's (or a small ant's) weight either in the heavens or on the earth, nor have they any share in either, nor there is for Him any supporter from among them. Intercession with Him profits not except for him whom He permits"
[Saba' 34:22-23]

This crafty enemy is keen to misguide people and to make them doubt. The more you seek the help of Allaah, learn about your enemy and be prepared to face him, the more you will be victorious over him. If you know your true enemy, the following are the weapons at your disposal.

Firstly:

Adherence to the Qur'aan and Sunnah in word and deed, and keeping away from the paths of misguidance, for on every path there is a devil calling people to it. So you should follow the beliefs, words, acts of worship and laws that have come from Allaah and abstain from that which He has forbidden. Allaah says:

"Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion)"
[al-Baqarah 2:208]

Whoever gives up any part of Islam has followed in some of the footsteps of the Shaytaan.

Adhering to the Qur'aan and Sunnah in word and deed expels the Shaytaan and annoys him greatly. Muslim narrated from Abu Hurayrah (radiallahu anh_: "When the son of Adam recites a verse of sajdah and prostrates, the Shaytaan withdraws weeping, saying, 'Woe to me, the son of Adam was commanded to prostrate, and he prostrated, so Paradise will be his; I was commanded to prostrate and I disobeyed, so Hell will be mine.'" Narrated by Muslim, no. 133.

Secondly:

Seeking refuge with Allaah from all kinds of evil and turning to Him. Islam teaches us to seek refuge with Allaah in certain situations, such as the following:

When entering the washroom: "Allaahumma inni a'oodhu bika min al-khubthi wa'l-khabaa'ith (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the male and female devils)."

When one is angry: "A'oodhu Billaahi min al-Shaytaan ir-rajeem (I seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan)."

When having intercourse: "Bismillaah Allaahumma jannibna al-shaytaan wa jannib al-shaytaana ma razaqtana (In the name of Allaah, O Allaah, keep the Shaytaan away from us and keep the Shaytaan away from that which You may bless us with)."

When stopping in a place: "A'oodhu bi kalimaat-Allaah il-taammah min sharri ma khalaqa (I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah from the evil of that which He has created)."

When hearing the braying of a donkey: "A'oodhu Billaahi min al-Shaytaan ir-rajeem (I seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan)."

The best words with which we may seek refuge with Allaah are al-Mi'wadhatayn i.e., Soorat al-Falaq and Soorat al-Naas. It was narrated from 'Uqbah ibn 'Aamir (radiallahu anh) that the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Do you not see the verses that were revealed to me tonight, the like of which have never been seen? Qul 'aoodhu bi Rabb il-falaq and Qul 'aoodhi bi rabb il-naas." Narrated by Muslim, 814.

Thirdly:

Keeping busy with dhikr, for this is the greatest thing that may protect a person. In the hadeeth it says that Allaah commanded Yahya (alayhis-sallam) to enjoin five things upon the Children of Israel, one of which was: "I command you to remember Allaah, for this is like a man who is being pursued by the enemy, then he comes to a strong fortress and saves himself from them. Similarly a man cannot save himself from his enemy except by means of dhikr." Narrated by al-Haafiz Abu Moosa al-Madani in al-Targheeb fi'l-Khisaal al-Hameedah wa'l-Tarheeb min al-Khilaal al-Murdiyyah. Ibn al-Qayyim said: Shaykh al-Islam used to regard this hadeeth highly, and I heard that he used to say: "The evidence for its being sound is quote clear." al-Waabil al-Sayyib, 60.

Fourthly:

Adhering to the main body of the Muslims (the jamaa'ah) by living in a Muslim land and choosing righteous friends who will help him to do good. The Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Whoever among you wants to attain the best part of Paradise, let him adhere to the main body of the Muslims, for the Shaytaan is with the one who is alone but he is farther away from two." Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2254. Al-Qaari' said: its isnaad is saheeh. Al-Mubaarakfoori said: The entire hadeeth is either saheeh or hasan. Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi, 6/320.

Fifthly:

Opposing the Shaytaan, for he may come in the form of someone offering sincere advice, so we must go against him. For if he were really good he would be good to himself first, but he has caused himself to be doomed to Hell. So if he comes to you whilst you are praying, and says, "You are showing off (so cut your prayer short)," then make your prayer lengthy. If he says, "You have broken your wudoo'," say, "You are lying". When you eat, be different from him and eat and drink with your right hand, and take food with your right hand. This even applies to taking a siesta, as it says in the hadeeth: "Take a siesta for the devils do not take a siesta." Narrated by Abu Na'eem with a saheeh isnaad. Saheeh al-Jaami', 4/147.

Even with regard to a piece of food that falls to the ground, the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Pick it up and do not leave it for the Shaytaan..." Narrated by Muslim, 12, al-Adaab.

Sixthly:

Repenting and seeking Allaah's forgiveness. According to the hadeeth the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "The Shaytaan said to the Lord of Glory: 'By Your Glory O Lord, I will keep trying to misguide Your slaves so long as their souls are in their bodies.' The Lord said, 'By My Glory and Majesty, I will continue to forgive them so long as they ask My forgiveness.'" Narrated by Ahmad in al-Musnad

So man should always be in a state of repentance and turning to Allaah. They have an example in their father Adam (alayhis-sallam):

"Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers"
[al-A'raaf 7:23]

These are some of the means that can be used to ward off waswaas (whispers). We ask Allaah the Almighty, by His most beautiful names and sublime attributes to grant us refuge from the madness of the devils and from their traps and whispers. Praise be to Allaah the Lord of the Worlds.

No post ratings